Second Chance: Another Baby

The Tutor/Second Chance

HaEun

We had a small wedding. It was a surprise for me from YoungGuk. He called my mother and sister for help after he asked my dad for my hand in marriage of course. My dad didn't have a choice but to say yes since one we were already married legally and two I think my dad is warming up to YoungGuk. Iris is very attached to her gramps as well. They were like a troublemaker team. My mother forbid him from having fried food and sweets because of his heart attack. When Iris found out her gramps couldn't have any cake she sneak him some when my mother wasn't looking. They have become very close. Iris didn't want to leave when YoungGuk and I came home from our honeymoon to pick her up.

On our honeymoon we spent a week in Paris. It was refreshing to get away and just be the two of us. We love Iris and called her everyday but it was good to be able to spend time with one another without a child.

Speaking of children, I had a pregnancy scare while on our honeymoon as well. I wasn't feeling well the last two days and kept throwing up everything I ate. I was even late for my period which made me think I was pregnant. I didn't know how YoungGuk would take it but I was hoping for the three of us to be alone a little longer. I wasn't planning for another baby yet. Before we left I told YoungGuk of my suspicion and he went out to buy me a home pregnancy kit. He stayed with me when I peed on the stick to reading the negative sign for me. I was relieved but he wasn't too happy. He said he wanted another baby and took me to bed.

 

It's been two months since our wedding and I wasn't feeling well. YoungGuk was hoping it was a sign that I was pregnant but I had a feeling it was just a cold. I didn't want to bursthis bubble and tell him that so I kept it to myself. I've been working more and more from home just so I can drop off and pick up Iris from school. YoungGuk argue that he made more than enough for us but I still wanted to work and we agreed to me cutting my hours. I gave Yoona a promotion just so I can work from home.

Today YoungGuk was leaving for business in London. He was expected to be there for two weeks and wanted to take Iris to school so I let him and slept in late. Not just ten minutes had pass after hearing Iris yell up the stairs to me to have a good day the door bell started to ring. I open the door expecting to see YoungGuk; maybe he forgot something but there was a old grandmother holding a little boy's hand. I observe the older lady and the little boy, he was in rags while the lady dressed well. She came from money I can tell.

"Here he's your problem now." The older lady pushes the boy towards me but he fell onto his knees.

I gasp picking the little boy up. "Are you alright?" I dust the boy off observing if he was injured anywhere.

He looked at me scared and trembling. No tears in sight. He was just a baby how could the old lady do such a thing.

"Here are the paper works. I know Mr. Bang didn't want me bring him here but I have no choice. He is not my problem." The old lady threw down a brown envelope and turn away.

"You can't just leave him here. What the hell are you doing?"

"Like I said he is no longer my issue. If you want to put him in a orphanage then be my guest. Do whatever you want with him he's Mr. Bang's son."

WHAT? SON?

I looked at the little boy who was now crying with his head down. YoungGuk had a son and he knew about it? What did the lady mean he didn't want her to bring the boy here? I picked up the brown envelope and pull out the papers inside. A birth certificate and custody papers. Tristan was his name and he just turned two. According to the custody papers his mother Minha signed away her rights as guardian over to YoungGuk. I push the papers back into the envelope, I was going to call YoungGuk as soon as I took care of the crying boy in front of me.

I walk to the hall table where a vase of flowers and a tissue box was at and grab some tissues. Crouching down to Tristan's level I wipe away his tears. He was a mini version of YoungGuk. His clothes were too big for him and they also smell really bad. His hair was all oily and nappy. When was the last time this kid had a bath? Knowing he belonged to YoungGuk and was treated this way my heart broke. No child should be treated like this.

With my biggest smile I spoke gently to him. "Why don't we go have a bath?"

He looks at me with a sad face. His stomach started grumbling.

"Then we can have breakfast okay?"

He still gave me the sad face of his and didn't say anything.

I held onto his hand and led him away from the door before closing and locking it. In the bathroom I was in shock to find how small and skinny he was after I shed of his clothes and threw them into the trash. He was a growing boy that has been neglected. With the baby soap I use on Iris I cleaned Tristan until no speck of dirt was on him anymore. I dressed him one of Iris's old plain white t-shirt and a pair of blue shorts that didn't have any girly design on them. I was glad Zelo had bought Iris a pair of red chucks for her birthday last year because her shoe collection only consist of sparkly pink shoes. I gave Tristian the red shoes and took him down for breakfast.

For breakfast I gave him one of Iris's apple sauce to eat while I made a quick soup and rice. He was eating so fast I was afraid he was going to get indigestion and throw up. I slowed him down and we finished our breakfast in silence.

After breakfast I took Tristan to my room and sat him down on the bed with my tablet to entertain him while I went into my walk in closet to change. I was planning to spend the day in my pajamas working but with Tristan here now he was my top priority. I needed to get him some boy clothes first then to get his hair cut. Grabbing my purse and another shoulder bag to store snacks and drinks in case Tristan get fussy I walk out in fitted jeans and a white shirt.

Tristan sat quietly next to me as the sales man brought out clothes for us to try on. I had already bought three sets of pajamas and two pairs of shoes for Tristan. He has been quiet the whole time we been together. When I ask him if he liked the clothes or if it was comfortable on him he would just stand there looking at me like I was a two headed alien. I picked out some basics for him like white t-shirts and jeans than I went on to picking outfits with designs on them and different styles. The sales man helped us bring our bags into my car while I held onto Tristan's hand. A sales lady had given him a er for being a good boy so he had that in his other hand. He hasn't open it yet. I sit him in Iris's booster seat and headed for the stylist to get his hair cut.

Before we went to pick up Iris I made a stop to buy him his own booster seat so Iris can sit in her's. I wasn't sure how Iris was going to react to him but hopefully she wasn't going to get jealous of him. I got out of the car to greet Iris and left Tristan in his seat since I wasn't going anywhere but stand next to the car to wait for Iris. Iris came skipping to me with her pink backpack being drag behind her. I gave her a hug and kiss than open the door for her. When she saw Tristan she gasp.

"Mommy there's a boy in your car."

I chuckle. "Yeah baby his name is Tristan."

"Hi Tristan!" Iris climb into her seat and I buckle her in.

Tristan didn't say a word he just held up his er and offered it to Iris. Iris happily took it and unwrap it then took a and give it to him to . They did that back and forth on the way home with Iris talking about a boy who pushed her on the play ground and she had to go tell her teacher. She had become friends with the boy at the end of the day when he said sorry to her. Tristan sat quietly and listens to her giving her all of his attention. Iris loves attention and he was quickly becoming her new best friend.