Second Chance: Second Chance

The Tutor/Second Chance

 Haeun

I approached Youngguk in the kitchen where he was pouring himself some whisky. I have miss him so much but now was not the time to be missing him. I have to make him see that Tristan belonged here and that I wasn’t going to let him take my baby boy away.

“Are you ready to talk now?” I stood across from him.

“There is nothing to talk about.”

"We can't just give him away. He's your SON!"

"Look Ha-eun I don't want him here reminding you of my past ok. Where ever he goes I will make sure he is taken care of."

"NO! He's a baby YoungGuk how could you send him away. I won't let you."

"Ha-eun"

"If you're worried I will be looking at your bastard child for the rest of my life and hating you then you are wrong. Everyone makes mistakes. This is one of yours and I won't let you make him suffer for it. He's a child he doesn't know any better. He's innocent!"

He closes his eyes as if he was in pain and steps back. "I don't want to lose you."

He opens back up his eyes to stare into mines with so much emotion in them. He was hurting, confused, scared but most of all he was showing love. He loves Iris and I so much he would do anything to keep us safe and happy. What he doesn’t know is that I love him enough to accept his past and stand with him for his future. I walk to him.

"You won't." I grab his face and kiss him breathless to show him that I was not going anywhere. "Let him stay. Iris loves him already and so do I. Every time I look at him my heart hurts so much for him. He reminds me of you when we were kids so broken and scared. He needs us."

He hugs me. "What if you change your mind?"

"I won't, I was hoping to adopt him."

"Ha-eun"

"I love him YoungGuk, I told him I was his mommy the other day and it felt so right. He came smiling at me and when I held him he clung onto me so tight as if his life depended on it. I can't give him away."

He sighs. "Fine"

I held onto him tighter. "You'll love him YoungGuk just give him a chance."