The Tutor: Ohmigod

The Tutor/Second Chance

Ha-eun

He was serious when he said he wanted to run with me. I'm standing outside of my house stretching and he's at the end of the drive way waiting for me. I laugh to myself, he was scared to come up to me because of dad. After stretching I jog over to him. He was in a wife-beater that did nothing to hid all his pulsing muscles and black shorts that showed off his thunder things and strong legs.

"Scared to come to the door?" I taunt him. "My dad is still sleeping."

He rolls his eyes. "I'm just being careful."

"Then you shouldn't have shown up." I stuck out my tongue at him and begin to jog away.

He runs up to me and comfortably runs next to me. After two miles we stop a random tree and took a break. We were both heavily breathing and thirsty. He sips his bottle of water and hands it to me. I had forgotten mine and took his. I take a sip and hands it back to him if I was greedy I would have chug it all down but I didn't want either of us to faint from hydration. He sips and passes it back to me to sip and I do the same until there was only half a bottle of water left.

After another two miles we were in front of his house and the water was all gone. I stop at the end of the drive way to catch my breath as he kept walking down the drive way.

He turns to me. "Come on."

I look at him confuse and he just gesture for me to come. I follow him down the path and into his house. Most of the walls were empty and white, his furniture was leather and black in his living room there was only the TV along with his couch. In the kitchen it was empty as well. He had all the appliance he needed but the cupboards were empty and there was no food around. Other then no food the kitchen was beautiful and squeaky clean. There was a window where the sink is so you can look at the beach while you do the dishes and the island in the middle was large enough to use it as a table with stools and a place for storage. I didn't see a dining table and figure it would be in another room like my parent's home. I walk to the French double doors that lead to the back patio and gasp in awe; the sun was just about to rise over the water.

"Beautiful isn't it?" YoungGuk hands me a bottle of water and I take it.

"It is, you're a lucky bastard."

"I've been called a bastard but never lucky." He sadly spoke.

I turn to him feeling like a . I know him since we were little I should know how the town called him a bastard and all those awful names. I never understood the town people and always felt bad for him. He didn't do anything and got treated like . "I'm sorry."

"It's okay"

"No it's not. You never deserve to be called a bastard or any of the names they called you. I'm sorry I should watch what I say."

"I call you piggy all the time and you hate it. I'm not innocent in name calling either."

"I know and I know that name calling doesn't physically hurt you but it does emotionally. It leaves a scar just like a cut would. I should know how bad it hurt to be called names and I called you a bastard which makes me no better."

We stay silent for a while and then he nudges me.

"I said it's okay piggy why are you getting all emotional over it?"

I can see through him, he's trying to make me feel better but it makes me feel even worse. I never like being bully and here now I felt like one.

I sigh rolling my eyes. "Don't call me piggy."

He laughs. "Piggy"

"Guk"

"Guk? That's the best you can thing of?"

I nod. "I'm hungry."

He shakes his head. "See where I get piggy from?"

I hit his arm which still doesn't have one tiny effect on him. "Feed me, you invited me in."

"Fine gosh don't hit me again."

I smile and hit him again on the same spot. He rubs it glaring at me.

"You're lucky I don't hit girls."

I stick my tongue out at him.

"But I do hit piggies." He pushes me making me stumble back.

"Yah!"

I run after him to the fridge and help him make something out of eggs, left over rice and kimchi. I decided to make kimchi fried rice and have him look for a can of spam from his pantry. I place the hot fried rice in the middle of us and hands him a spoon. We take a seat next to each other at the kitchen island and begin to eat.

"How long are you planning to stay here?" I ask looking around.

"I don't know maybe for the summer."

"You need to fill up the house, it looks to empty. Especially the kitchen, you have one pair of chopsticks and two spoon no plates and one pan."

"I was only renting for the time but I don't know being back here felt right. I don't know how to explain it. I hated this town but now that I'm back I...I didn't know how much I miss this town until I got back. I decided to purchase the house after the wedding and just got notice that I was approve so nothing has been bought only the stuff I have now."

"Congrats" I stuff my mouth with rice.

He reaches over and wipes the corner of my lips with his thumb. "You're such a cute piggy."

"Ugh I hate that word. Cute. What the hell is cute anyways?"

"Cute is you."

"Being cute is not a good thing."

"The last time I check it was."

"Well if you're like a child but as a twenty-four year old it's like the worst thing ever."

"Why?"

"Because it means you're just cute like a kid, not y or beautiful or pretty but cute like a little sister." I stab my spoon into the rice angry.

"Whoa" Guk takes the spoon from me. "Calm down. I won't call you cute but I won't call you any of those other things as well."

"I don't want you to."

He looks at me studying me. "Let me guess YoSeob called you cute."

"Of course...I was always cute and Ye-eun was always pretty. I don't even know why I thought I had a chance with YoSoeb."

"Sometimes you can't help who you fall in love with."

 

YoungGuk

I offer to take Ha-eun back to her house but she refuse and said she need to burn off the calories she just consume so I let her go. Zelo walks into the kitchen after Ha-eun leaves and sat down yawning.

"Who's the girl?" He ask picking up a spoon from the pan of cold fried rice and eating it.

"Ha-eun she's Ye-eun's little sister."

"Ye-eun has a sister?"

"Step sister"

"Oh, you never mention her before."

"There was never a need to."

"Did she cook this?"

"Yeah"

"Marry her."

"What?"

"Marry her hyung, this is the bomb." Zelo points to the rice and quickly stuffs his mouth.

I laugh. "You marry her."

"Hey if you don't want her I will. I like a woman who cooks."

"She's not my type."

"Come on hyung why are you hanging with her if she isn't your type? Besides Ye-eun is married now, you're kind of late."

"We're just friends."

 

Ha-eun

I stare at the two tables in front of me, Why did he bring me along with him? I turn to Guk, he was looking at two office chair. He showed up at my door step after our run today and ask me to help him pick out furniture. My dad didn't like that I was hanging around him a lot lately but my mom loved that I was seeing someone. I told her it wasn't like what she thought but she ignored me and kept talking about finally I was showing some interest in boys.

"Which one are you getting?" I ask.

"Both"

"Then why have you been staring at it for so long?"

"I don't know you were doing it."

"I thought you were only buying one."

"I need one for Zelo too. He's my wing man in business."

"Zelo? I haven't met him."

"He just got here two days ago. He's interested in you by the way."

"Really?"

"He's a kid though."

I glare at him.

"What?"

I turn around and begin to look for the next item on his list.

"What?" He follows me and I swat him with my papers. He laughs "I got you excited didn't I?"

"No"

"Yes I did. I can see it in your face."

"Leave me alone! Why did I even agree to help you?"

"Because you like me."

"I don't know if you notice but I despise you."

"Keep saying that piggy I know you like me."

 

YoungGuk

Zelo stood on the porch with a milkshake in his hand waiting for Ha-eun and I. The Harvest Pod truck was already in my driveway unloading the furniture that Ha-eun and I purchase. Ha-eun opens the door and Zelo was immediately there to help her get out of the car like a gentleman.

"You must be Zelo." Ha-eun shook his hand.

"And you must be Ha-eun, marry me."

"What?" Ha-eun  laughs.

"I'm serious noona. I need a woman who can cook and look pretty."

Ha-eun pulls her hand away. "Yah you need your mom not me."

"Are you rejecting me noona?" Zelo pouts.

"Yes noona is too old for you."

"Noona is perfect for me."

I walk up to the two of them. "That's enough Zelo."

Zelo glares at me. "You got dibs on her already didn't you?"

"Yes now help bring in the groceries."

Zelo unhappily turn around and grab some bags from the car before disappearing into the house.

"Where did you find someone like him?" Ha-eun asks.

"Walking in the streets of Seoul, he's a kid genius."

"He has no family?"

I shake my head.

"How sad." Ha-eun grabs some bags from the car and follows Zelo into the house.

I do the same and walk into the kitchen where they are putting away groceries. Zelo is listening to Ha-eun as she instructs him on where things went as if this was her home. I didn't mind since I don't cook and I wouldn't know where to put any of the stuff anyways. Zelo walks up to me high on love.

"Hyung marry her."

I push him away from me and into the pantry where he hit on of the shelf.

Ha-eun turns to look at the two of us. "You guys okay?"

I nod.

"What do you want to eat? Zelo want's kimchi stew."

"Sounds good."

Zelo comes back out of the pantry jumping with excitement. "Noona I can help you."

Ha-eun gladly put Zelo to work in the kitchen and I step out to see what the movers have brought in and where to put my new furniture. An hour into putting my office the way I want it the doorbell rings. I could hear Ye-eun talking. Ha-eun was talking too. Walking down the stairs I could see YoSeob and Ye-eun in the entry way. They were back.

"OPPA!" Ye-eun ran out of YoSeob's arms and threw her arms around me.

Zelo and Ha-eun look at me like it was wrong. It wasn't wrong we were best friends. I can hug my best friend. Can't i?

 

Ha-eun

Zelo excuse himself after cleaning and went into his room to work. I'm sure he was trying to get away from the awkward situation between the adults and I wish I could go hide with him. I didn't want to be here. Guk build a fire in the fire pit on his patio so we can talk and catch up. YoSeob held Ye-eun between his legs and jealously burn in me. It wasn't fair. I should be that happy too. Guk hands me a cup of coffee and I take it but I can't keep my eyes away from the happy couple.

I'm happy for them. I am. I turn away from them and walk into the house. I just want to be alone. I didn't think seeing them again would hurt this much but it's unbearable. Why can't I just be happy for them? Why? I know YoSeob loves her and only likes me as a younger sister but it hurts knowing he only feel that way about me.

"Hey you okay?" Guk comes in to stand next to me.

"I don't know." I wipe the tears threating to fall.

"I know it hurts to look at them but they're happy together there's nothing to do but give them our blessing."

I turn to look at him and saw the same thing I felt in his eyes. I gasp. No way it can't be he... he said OUR blessing.

"Ohmigod!" I look up at him in disbelief.

"What?"

"You"

"What about me?"

"You like her!"

"Yeah..so?"

"So? Do you know what this means? If we can break them apart we get what we want and everyone will be happy."