The Tutor: Open House

The Tutor/Second Chance

Ha-eun

I held up a red dress and a yellow one. Tonight is YoSeob and Ye-eun's house warming party. The whole town is invited according to mom. I was expected to dress up and be on my best behavior since last time the town came to party with our family I embarrassed the family name.

"Pick one" I ask YoungGuk who is lying down on my bed looking through my photo album.

He looks up for a quick second. "Both"

"Seriously? I need you to pick one babe. What are you wearing tonight?"

"Umm clothes."

I throw a nail polish at him but he didn't even flinch. "Come on, just say red or yellow."

"Red"

"Why?" I pull up the dress. "i think it's too much for a gathering. I think the yellow is more suitable for the gathering."

He looks at me. "Why even bother asking me?"

I shrug. "I just wanted your attention."

My mom walks by and peeks in. "Everything okay in here?"

"Yes mom and when you go back to dad tell him I'm 24 and old enough to have a boy in my room without you two coming to check on us."

Mom chuckles. "Well his house his rules." She wave to YoungGuk and he wave back before she left.

"I need my own place." I threw the dress over a chair and walk over to YoungGuk.

I join him on the bed and sigh. I grab the photo book and throw it on the floor so I can cuddle with him.

YoungGuk wrap his arms around me. "What if your dad comes in?"

"Well let's just hope he comes in empty handed."

"He really has a gun?"

I nod laughing.

-------

YoungGuk kept me next to him making sure I didn't run into the guy I went on a date with. I told YoungGuk he was coming and he got possessive. I didn't mind YoungGuk since the single ladies in town was checking him out as well. Once they found out he had money a line formed to meet him. I thought it was funny but he obviously was annoyed by it.

Ye-eun happily greeted us and then like the good host she went back into the kitchen to make sure there was enough drinks and food. YoungGuk excused himself to the bathroom and I hung around my mom and her friends as I waited for him to come back.

After half an hour pass I was getting worried. YoungGuk haven't come back yet. I was worried he might have eaten sea food again and was throwing up his whole stomach into the toilet. I excuse myself from the group of old ladies and went to search for him.

YoSeob walks up to me asking if I seen Ye-eun. When I told him YoungGuk was also missing we went searching for them. I ran into SunHwa and she told me she saw them talking upstairs so YoSeob and I went looking on the second level. I went one way while YoSeob took the other way thinking Ye-eun might be in their room.

Most of the doors were closed so I skip them since I thought it was rude to go peeking without the home owner. I saw the last door open and walk over to them, it was a room that looks like a home office, they were by themselves and I walk over before stopping when I heard Ye-eun say my name.

"Is Ha-eun giving you trouble?" Ye-eun is sitting down looking up at him taking off her shoe.

"No" YoungGuk is standing facing her.

Ye-eun smirks. "That's good. You two seem to be getting along, I told you it wouldn't be hard keeping an eye on her. You were the perfect tutor for her to teach her how to move on."

"Ye-eun" YoungGuk sighs about to speak again but Ye-eun stops him.

"You don't have to do it anymore you know. I'm pregnant and YoSeob is happy. I'm happy. She can't ruin my life anymore. I hate that you have to put your life on hold to keep an eye on her YoungGuk but thank you."

He's looking at the floor unable to look at her. "What are friends for?" He shrugs.

"Excatually, what are they for?"

YoSeob grabs my arm to prevent me from going in but I push him away and walk in. I step into the light with my hands on my side roll into fists.

"Yeah what are they for?"

Ye-eun gasp standing up with YoungGuk, he's standing still with his eyes on me. I think he's waiting for me to make my move before he act. YoSeob walks in next to me glaring at the two best friends. Ye-eun launches herself over to him stuttering her words. YoSeob shook his head turning away from her.

"YoSeob" She held onto his hands crying.

"Did you really think so little of me? You think I would leave you for Ha-eun? I fell in love with YOU. I married YOU yet you can't see how much I love you."

"No" Ye-eun's shaking now.

"I know how Ha-eun felt about me for a long time and I never made a move on her how could you think that once she came back I run to her? Did you not trust Ha-eun and I that much to ask YoungGuk to fake a relationship with your sister?"

"It wasn't you I didn't trust!" Ye-eun glares at me. "It's her fault!"

YoSeob grabs her and turn her back to face him. "She's your sister!"

"She's not my sister! I hate her! Ever since my mom and I came to live with her she's always looking down at me! Now that I took you she's trying to get you back! Didn't you hear her at our wedding?" Ye-eun is sobbing and shaking sitting on the floor.

YoSeob sits down with her. "But I love you. I would have never left you."

My own tears were running down my cheeks. I knew how she felt all along about me but she never once verbally stated it out for me to hear. YoungGuk walks over to the couple to lean his support.

"Calm down Ye-eun you're pregnant, stress is not good."

Looking at them I saw what Ye-eun saw. I didn't belong. I was an outsider who was looking for a place in their world. She was scared I was going to take her spot, little does she know that's how I felt as well. After my mother pass and my dad got remarried all my father's time was spread out to her and her mother. I didn't feel like I fit in my new family and I hated her as well but there was a time when she just move in that I wanted to be like her. She was pretty, tall and had a mommy. Only after her ignoring me did I develop a hate for her.

Stepping back from them I did the only thing I knew how to do and ran. I didn't hear anyone call for me or run out for me so I ran faster until I bump into someone. I look up, Zelo was there offering me his hand.

"It's always going to be like that you know." Zelo sadly spoke to me looking at where the three are. "YoungGuk will always be there for Ye-eun even if shes wrong."

I nod picking myself up. I saw it with my own two eyes I know it was true.

"I'm sorry that happened to you Ha-eun. If I known what he was doing I would have try to stop him. I thought he was being serious with you."

"I was a fool to think he wanted me when no one else did."

"You're a good person who deserves the best."

I nod crying for my broken heart.

 

YoungGuk

YoSeob cradle Ye-eun and whisper soothing words for her to calm down. I grab a bottle of water from the mini fridge in YoSeob's home office and hand it to YoSeob. I know I should be going after Ha-eun but Ye-eun didn't look too well and I had to know she was okay before I went. Ye-eun clings onto YoSeob as if he was going to run if she let go. Looking at them I finally realize how much YoSeob loved her and how without notice he took over all the duties I once held. She was his and I was no longer held responsible for her. She found her prince charming.

I walk out of the room without saying anything. We were in the middle of nowhere Ha-eun couldn't have left without me. I drove us here and even if she was going to walk I could catch up to her. I search the living room and the kitchen but there was no sign of her. Zelo was walking into the house but stop and kill me with his eyes. He knew where Ha-eun was.

"Zelo!"

Before I got the chance to go on further he knock me down. I deserve that. I know I was wrong but I didn't want to deal with him, he could give me all the I deserve after talking with Ha-eun. I know she felt betrayed and she thinks I was just playing with her feelings but everything I felt was real. I didn't want to go on with Ye-eun's plan but Ha-eun pulled me into her world and I was lost. I wanted to tell Ye-eun that I wasn't playing along with her plan but then I chicken out.

"Okay, I deserve that." I stand back up. "Where is she?"

"Why should I tell you? You don't deserve to know. Just stay away from her hyung. She's already broken don't turn her into dust."

"I need to talk with her. It's not what it looks like."

Zelo shook his head and turn away ignoring me.

"ZELO!"

"Just leave her alone and go back to Ye-eun."

I sigh frustrated. "Ye-eun doesn't need me!"

"Yeah but like a idiot you will always be there for her waiting to bow down to her like a dog!" Zelo walks up to my face. "Like an idiot you will always put her first. Ha-eun deserves someone who will be there for her, who will love her and take care of her. She deserves the best."

"Well I love her and I'm planning to give her the best if you would just tell me where she went."

Zelo steps back shock. "You love her?"

Ye-eun and YoSeob appears hearing everything. I look at them and then at Zelo.

"Yeah I do. I never wanted to hurt her or play around with her. I didn't like Ye-eun's plan but like you said I was a idiot. I agree to Ye-eun's plan to get close to Ha-eun but after the first day with her I knew I couldn't go on with the plan. I wanted to really get to know her and spend time with her."

"She has nowhere to go, home is the only place she can go." Ye-eun spoke.

Zelo gave her the evil eye. "Leave her alone YoungGuk. Talk to her tomorrow but just leave her alone tonight."

I did what Zelo said I waited for tomorrow. I camp outside of her house and waited for her to get up. Her parents know I wasn't wanted by Ha-eun so I wasn't able to get inside. I waited until noon when I saw her walking to the garage. I ran out of the car as fast as I can. In the garage she was putting her bike away in the corner and covering it with a cloth. I watch her ready to beg. Ha-eun turns around not surprise to see me.

"Ha-eun"

She shook her head holding up her hand to stop me. "Don't YoungGuk."

"Please Ha-eun."

"I don't want to hear it okay. It's over and done."

"Let me explain."

"Why? Why bother explaining when it wasn't real? I understand why Ye-eun did it and I know why you did what you did so just go YoungGuk. You don't have to explain anything to me."

"I do have to explain it to you Ha-eun, I love you."

She looks at me painfully. "How can you say that to me when I hate you so much?" Ha-eun turn away crying.

"Baby"

"Don't baby me! Just leave! I want you to go!" Ha-eun points to the door.

"I think you should go son." Her father was there. "She doesn't want you here."

I look at her desperate but she was done with me. I nod walking away for now. I will be back until she listens to me.