Episode 9

Darkened Skies and Surprises

“Who’s here?” Lay asked Suho, who looked rather pale all of a sudden, and that was definitely not like him. Then again, he hadn’t really been himself ever since he had gotten here.

The older gulped before he replied.

“Kris. Kris is here. In the house.”

Chanyeol’s red eyes widened as he squeezed Tao’s hand even more. Tao looked up at him and he realised the vampire looked frightened as well.

Which was definitely saying something about this so-called ‘demon’ that was in the house.

“What?” Tao asked, and Suho clenched his eyes shut a little before he tried to focus.

“I-I don’t know where he is. But he is here.”

Yixing moved over to his friend and touched his arm, trying to comfort him before he had a sudden realisation over something they had probably all forgotten about when they had been dealing with Kai. Looking around, he realised that they were missing one person.

“Guys, Sehun.” He said, and Lu Han tilted his head confusedly.

“Sehun?” he asked, before he realised that Sehun actually wasn’t with them.

Turning around on his heel, Lu Han ran towards the basement where Sehun was usually considering he didn’t have full control over his wolf transformation.

Kyungsoo instantly followed him; ignoring Suho’s call of Kris could be down there.

When they both reached the basement, they noticed Sehun was standing in the middle of the floor, his back facing them.

“Sehun?” Lu Han whispered, moving down the steps carefully, trying not to make any sound in case the demon was around somewhere. “Hey, Sehun.” He tried again, still moving carefully.

Kyungsoo followed slowly before he realised something was dripping from Sehun’s finger tips, he could see it only barely.

Moving down the steps, he saw it clearly.

“Lu Han…” he whispered, and he pointed to Sehun’s bare arms, that were covered in a deep red liquid. His older brother gasped before he ran forward, in front of the wolf. When he looked at the boy, he saw his eyes were open and his mouth was agape, and when he looked down, there were large wounds over his chest: where the blood was coming from. “Oh my god.” Kyungsoo whispered as he looked at him too.

Lu Han moved his face down so it was directly in front of the younger, trying to get him to react.

“Sehun, are you okay?!” he shouted.

Sehun finally snapped out of his trance and he looked up to face the two brothers, his breathing was slowly becoming erratic.

“L-Lu Han?” he stuttered, his voice sounding rough, but it didn’t seem like he realised how hurt he was. Sehun tried to move forward but when he took one step, a surging pain ran through his body. “Argh!” he shouted, falling to his knees.

Then he brought up his own hands and looked at them, realising that they were covered in blood, his own blood.

“What happened?!” Kyungsoo asked, kneeling down beside him, watching him very carefully. Lu Han instantly began shouting for Yixing, begging for him to get down.

The wolf shook his head slightly as his limbs continued to tremble.

“I-I don’t remember…” Sehun whimpered, but they knew he was trying hard to think about it. “S-Someone… was here…” he whispered.

Kyungsoo tilted his head in curiosity.

“Who? Who was here Sehun?” he asked, knowing that the other was probably in a lot of intense pain, but they needed to find out who had attacked Sehun, it was a priority. Lu Han was getting angry.

“Yixing! Get your ing down here!” he shouted, looking at Sehun worriedly because the other was losing a lot of blood. “Where the hell is he?!” The oldest muttered, standing up and looking at Kyungsoo. “Stay with him.”

Kyungsoo nodded and looked around, grabbing a towel and holding it up to the other’s injured chest.

“Just relax.” He whispered, and he could see the wolf slowly becoming unconscious.

Lu Han rushed up the stairs to see what was keeping Yixing.

“Yixing!” he shouted, frowning when he realised that everyone had left the main room. “Lay? Tao?” he shouted, looking around but he couldn’t even hear them anyway. Biting his lip, he rushed into the room where Kai was currently being kept, but he stopped.

The chair was now empty, the ropes on the floor, and still, there was no sign of anyone anywhere.

Gulping slowly, he moved forward cautiously, glancing around. Locating a knife on one of the tables, he used his powers to bring it over to his hand. When he did, he held it in a defensive stance before moving forward again.

Something didn’t feel right. How did Kai get out of the restraints? And where was everyone else?

Just then, he felt someone shoving a hand over his mouth and pulling him into a corner behind a desk. Lu Han was trying hard to get free, swinging the knife around before it was knocked out of his hand. When whoever attacked him let him go, he stopped when he saw who it was.

The vampire was kneeling in front of him, staring at him with a smirk, and Lu Han felt very uncomfortable.

“Just stay quiet.” Chanyeol whispered, pulling the other down so he was directly behind the desk and he was covered. Lu Han just nodded before he spoke.

“Where is everyone?” he whispered, keeping his voice low like he was told.

“Kris separated us all. My guess, transporting us into different locations. I don’t know. I ended up here, probably because I was a vampire. Kris doesn’t have a lot of power over me.” He explained, and Lu Han found it very hard to keep up with him.

“…Right. So, bottom line is, you don’t know where anyone is?” he asked, and the vampire nodded with a frown.

Lu Han took a deep breath before he remembered Sehun.

“Sehun is hurt, we need Lay.” He said, but the vampire kept him down low when the other tried to stand up.

“No! There’s someone just outside.”

The human stopped.

“What?” he asked and Chanyeol placed a finger up to his lips to keep the other quiet. He pointed to the other side of the desk, and both of them could hear light footsteps.

Lu Han grabbed the knife again in his hands and was ready to fight if needed.

Chanyeol took a deep breath before trying to listen carefully to whoever else was in the room with him.

“Come out vampire.”

Chanyeol shut his eyes and sighed before staring at Lu Han, it would appear that the other hadn’t realised Lu Han was here, so it was better to reveal himself so that he could have the other as a surprise back up.

The vampire sighed again before he stood up, revealing himself behind the desk.

Moving around, he faced the other that was in the room.

“…Kris.” He whispered, and the demon before him grinned before moving forward and running his fingers through the vampire’s hair.

“Chanyeol, I didn’t expect it to be you.” The demon whispered seductively, but Chanyeol had grown defences against the demon.

This was what was so dangerous about him.

Of course, other than him having terrifying powers and strength, he had amazing charms, and the way he looks just made your mind turn to mush. And Chanyeol was caught in his trap once, once. And he didn’t want to go back to that kind of slavery again.

“Kris, what are you doing here?” The vampire asked, pushing him away slightly and taking a step back, a cautious step away from the blonde demon.

Kris chuckled before he took his own steps back.

“To collect my friend.” He said, smiling as genuinely as he could.

“Yeah right. He gave you away; you’re here to kill him right?” The vampire explained for the other because he knew how this worked. If you worked for Kris, and you ended up giving his name to an enemy, you weren’t going to be alive for a lot longer.

The demon grinned at him before he changed his expression as if he looked rather disgusted with the other’s statements.

“Of course not! Kai is very precious to me, and I understand the situation he was in.” he explained, moving forward again and putting his hand on the other’s shoulder as he smiled.

Chanyeol scoffed before he moved away to the side, looking away from him.

“Where are the others?” he asked, and Kris chuckled.

“Why do you want to know?” Kris wondered, moving up a little and placing his hands behind his back as he waited for an answer.

“Because I want to know where my friends are.”

The demon laughed out loud and moved up behind the vampire, pressing his lips against his ear and whispering into it.

“You’re not allowed to have friends, blood er.”

Chanyeol let out a growl as he turned and hit the other hard on the face with his fist. And as soon as he did, he knew that he was in trouble. Kris’s eyes quickly turned from brown to black, and a sickening smirk appeared on his lips as he stared at the vampire.

“Oh Channie.” He muttered.

As he approached him, Chanyeol didn’t even make a move to run.

Kris was fast, there was no point anyway.

Just as the other was about to come into his personal space, Chanyeol looked to the side to see Lu Han standing up, a scowl on his face as he brought up one of his hands. The knife was hovering above his hand, and before the vampire could even shout at him to stop, the weapon was suddenly into Kris’s back.

“Argh!” Kris shouted, arching his back as the pain shot through his body.

“Lu Han, here, now!” Chanyeol shouted, and when the other was by his side they both ran out of the room and slammed the door shut. “What the did you do that for?!” The vampire asked, shoving the other against the wall.

Lu Han rolled his eyes and pushed the other away.

“I freaking saved you. Now, can we go find everyone else?!” he shouted, and Chanyeol growled before moving away.

Chanyeol ran up the stair whilst Lu Han moved to the basement again, wanting to check on his younger brother and the wolf.

“How is he?!” he shouted, and he saw Kyungsoo trying desperately to keep in as much blood as he could. Sehun was getting worse by the second, and for the fact there was no supplies within the basement, Kyungsoo was finding it hard to help him.

“Bad! Where is Yixing?!” he shouted, but Lu Han shook his head.

“Just do your best!” Lu Han shouted over.

“Lu Han, I found them!” Chanyeol shouted and the eldest brother instantly moved up and ran up the stairs again, moving to where the vampire’s voice was situated. When he got there, he saw the missing members on the floor unconscious.

Running over to Tao, he softly shook him.

“What did Kris do to them?” he asked, and the vampire sighed.

“I don’t know. But we have to do something, Kris will be up here soon.” Chanyeol said, looking around to the door to check if the demon was already on his way up here.

Lu Han bit his lip and moved over to Yixing, nudging him and hitting him on the face a little.

“Yixing, get up!” he said, continuing to move him around.

Thankfully, his eyes began to slowly open, and he let out a loud groan from his mouth as he sat up and rubbed his head, looking around and feeling rather confused at where he was.

“What… What happened?” he asked, and Lu Han felt himself get annoyed because they needed him to get to Sehun.

“Sehun is hurt badly! We need you!”

Yixing’s eyes widened when the other’s words moved into his ears and he immediately stood up, swerving a little at his headache but he followed Lu Han quickly, leaving Chanyeol alone with the other two unconscious souls that he had to wake immediately.

Moving over to his partner, he lifted Tao’s shoulders and let his head fall into his lap before he moved down to the other’s neck and bit on it, hard.

“!” Tao shouted at the pain as he shot up and rolled out of Chanyeol’s arms.

“Sorry baby, now, head down to the basement.” He said, and Tao stared at him confusedly. “Now!” the vampire ordered and the boy was out of here very quickly, running to the basement.

Chanyeol groaned and moved over to the boy who pointed the gun at him the first time they met.

Not like he really blamed him, but still.

It would’ve hurt, even though it wouldn’t have killed him.

Moving to Suho’s neck, he bit down hard and received a very hard water ball to his face, making him turn to a coughing fit.

Suho rolled away and held up his hand, a dangerous water ball in his hand as he glared at the man who had tried to bite him, watching as Chanyeol tried to get all of the water out of his system.

“Goddamit!” Chanyeol shouted before he stood up. “Whatever, just, follow me!” he ordered as he moved out of the room, just hoping Suho was following him.

Joonmyun followed him – only because he had no other option – but he hit Chanyeol’s back as the other had stopped in the middle of the stairs.

“What the hell?” Suho said, but the vampire didn’t reply.

“Hello Joonmyun.”

Suho’s eyes widened as he was very familiar with the voice that had obviously made the vampire halt in his tracks. Moving around Chanyeol, he stood beside him and stared at the demon that was standing directly in front of him, a sickening smile on his lips.

“Kris…” Suho whispered, holding tightly onto the banister.

“Ah, it’s good to see you again.” Kris said, smiling as he leaned against the wall.

The vampire turned to the man beside him, giving him a questionable look because it isn’t every day you find someone who knows a terrifying demon.

Tao dashed into the basement in a hurry, only to find that Sehun was passed out on the floor, covered in his own blood.

“What the hell happened?” he asked, and Lu Han sighed before standing up and walking over to him, explaining.

“I think Kris attacked him. Sehun didn’t seem to remember much.” He whispered, both of them staring as Yixing was healing the boy slowly, trying not to cause him much pain – but it was going to be a long process.

Kyungsoo sighed and stood up before he watched the entrance to the basement in hopes another two people were on their way down.

But when no one appeared in the next few minutes, he got worried.

“Where is Suho and Chanyeol?” he asked, and Tao shrugged.

“They should be just down.” The youngest explained, and Kyungsoo nodded – but something didn’t feel right.

When they heard some glass breaking, the three brothers ran up the stairs, only to find Suho against the wall, sitting in the glass. It seems that he was thrown onto the glass table, the force breaking it. There was a lot of blood.

“Joonmyun!” Lu Han shouted as he rushed over, checking to see if he was alright.

Kyungsoo and Tao were looking onwards where Chanyeol was now facing a blonde they hadn’t seen before.

The vampire clenched his fists before he realised they weren’t alone.

And when his gaze fell onto the other two brothers, so did the demons.

“Well, well, what do we have here?” Kris whispered, moving over to them and stopping a couple of metres away from them. “More of Chanyeol’s, so-called ‘friends’?” he asked.

Kyungsoo and Tao didn’t speak a word.

“Fine. Be silent.” Kris whispered before he bent down a little and lunged forward, his eyes blackening and his hand ready to strike. Just before he reached the two boys, Tao clenched his eyes tight and stopped time.

At least he got the hang of it in times like this.

Opening his eyes, he flinched when he saw the blonde demon was now in front of him, smirking, as if he wasn’t frozen at all. But Kyungsoo beside him was still staring into space, he wasn’t breathing, so he was definitely under the influence of Zitao’s power.

When Tao tried to move back, someone’s arm shot out and grabbed him.

“What a nice power you have boy.” Kris whispered, looking around and noticing even Chanyeol was completely frozen.

Zitao gaped at the other. Why the hell wasn’t he frozen.

The demon chuckled when he saw the other’s rather confused and definitely surprised expression on his face.

“Are you wondering why I am not frozen?” he asked, and Tao only continued to try and struggle out of his hold. Kris laughed before he grabbed onto the other’s hand and brought him closer. “You’re obviously not powerful enough to use it against me.”

The boy gulped as he felt the other’s face leaning in even closer, his eyes still pitch black.

Kris looked over the boy and chuckled.

“You have Chanyeol’s stench all over you.” He pointed out.

Zitao groaned and looked to the side when he felt the other’s face come in even closer, and he could feel the demon’s breath on his neck.

“Very interesting.” Kris whispered, bringing up his hand and tracing his fingers along the boy’s pale and sweet neck.

Just as he was about to move forward, he felt someone pull him back by his neck.

Chanyeol groaned as he flung Kris onto the wall, and Tao shook his head when he realised time had started up again.

“Are you okay?” The vampire asked as he placed his hands on Tao’s shoulders. When he received a nod, he sighed in relief and turned to Kris. “Stay the away from him.” He warned, and Kris laughed out loud.

“No deal.” He said, shrugging and grinning.

Suho was now up – with the help of Lu Han – and they all stared at Kris.

The demon glanced at them all and laughed at how ready they looked all to take him on.

“Well, I got what I came here for. I’ll see you around.” He smiled and waved, before vanishing into thin air.

When he was gone, everyone realised a sigh of relief.

Seconds later, Yixing wobbled up the basement stairs with Sehun hanging onto his arm. Lu Han dashed over to them and stared at the wolf with worried eyes, wondering if he was better now.

“I-I’m fine.” Sehun whimpered, smiling as best he could. Yixing moved him over to the couch and sat him down.

“Is he gone?” the healer asked, and everyone nodded.

Chanyeol moved over to Joonmyun all of a sudden and leaned his face closely against his.

“Want to tell us how you know Kris?” he asked, and everyone stared at him in complete surprise. Although Yixing didn’t, and Kyungsoo was sure not to miss that at all.

They all stared at each other before Joonmyun sighed.

And then he started to explain.

“…Kris used to be my best friend.” Suho whispered, and Chanyeol stared at him like he was crazy. “...and my partner.”


A/N: Episode is a bit late but here you go! Things are getting exciting now, eh?!