Episode 8

Darkened Skies and Surprises

“Are you sure this is the right place?” Kyungsoo asked, looking at the place where apparently the masked man resides but it looked like a pretty fancy house that cost a hell of a lot of money. Why would a rich man want to kill him with a freaking sword and all?

Suho sighed but he nodded instantly.

He trusted his own contacts, and he knew that this was the supposed place.

Although, he was having the same doubts too, if anything, it certainly wasn’t this he was expecting. Lu Han looked around, wondering if there was anyone around, wandering the place but it looked pretty abandoned.

Tao sighed again, wincing at the strong sun rays that were shining down on them. He didn’t really want to be here, chasing after a weirdo.

Lay sighed, and he stayed behind the wall.

He was here to heal, and hopefully he wouldn’t have to, but they were all about to infiltrate the manor.

Lu Han nodded before he stood up from behind the bush.

“Let’s go.” He said, his other two brothers standing up, and they all felt the excitement rush through their bodies, as well as worry because when they started to move towards it, panic built up.

“Are you sure this is a good idea?” Kyungsoo asked, walking carefully towards the front door.

“And why are we going to the front door?” Tao asked, stopping them all as he looked at them. “The back seems better doesn’t it?”

Lu Han and Kyungsoo glanced at each other, wondering the same thing, because it would be rather stupid if they were just to knock on the front door. It probably be a doorway to their deaths if they had done that.

“Then let’s go.” Lu Han said, and they all ran to the back.

Zitao looked around, wondering if he could see in any of the windows to see if someone was there.

Kyungsoo nodded for him to do so, whilst he and Lu Han stayed back.

Zitao moved forward, walking up to the first window he saw and he looked in, sighing in slight relief when he didn’t see anyone there, and with all the lights off, it was unlikely anyone was present in the house.

But just then, he noticed that there was one light on.

Looking back to his brothers, he nodded, to give them the signal that there might be someone there.

Lu Han and Kyungsoo walked up, moving to the back door and they stared at it.

“How are we getting in?” Tao asked, and kyungsoo suddenly had a rather brilliant idea.

He turned to his older brother and smiled, nudging him on the arm rather playfully before he explained.

“Just use your powers to unlock it.”

Lu Han stared at him and bit his lip.

“That sounds pretty… advanced.” Lu Han said, thinking about how to undo a lock without even seeing it. Kyungsoo nodded but he patted the other’s shoulder.

“You can do it.”

The eldest took a small deep breath before he stood in front of the back door and concentrated hard on the key hole.

All he had to do, was visualise the lock inside the door, and simply think about it unlocking and moving to the side so they could open the door easily. Clenching his hands together hard, he stared at the keyhole and he felt his head begin to throb, but almost suddenly, they all heard a shift in the lock.

Moving back, Tao took the first step and slowly turned the doorknob to the side, smirking when it unlocked instantly.

“Well done bro.” Tao smiled, and they all slowly moved in, checking everywhere very carefully before they hid behind the counter, the two eldest turning to the youngest to check which light was on.

Tao closed his eyes and remembered where he had seen it.

“It was over there.” He pointed over the counter in the direction of the kitchen.

Kyungsoo nodded before everyone started to move.

“Wait!” Kyungsoo whispered, and the other two looked back at him. “Let me go first, and alone.”

Lu Han and Tao instantly shook his head.

“Look, Lay isn’t even in the house, you could get hurt alone.” Tao exclaimed, groaning when the other shook his head. Kyungsoo, forever being the stupid stubborn one who wouldn’t listen to common sense.

“Just, one of you go and fetch Lay, I’ll draw the guy out, okay?” he said, and before any of them could even stop him, he was standing up and he walked into the kitchen.

Looking around, he noticed that the kettle had been recently boiled.

Someone was definitely in the house with them; they just didn’t know where.

Kyungsoo gulped slowly before he moved further into the kitchen, it was very modernised, and very expensive. Moving forward, he left the kitchen and went into, what he assumed was, the living room, noticing that the television was still on, but the light was not.

It would be a lie if he said that he wasn’t scared less right now.

He really was, but he wanted to prove that he was strong, and since the masked man went after him at first, it would be common sense to say that Kyungsoo was his central target.

Moving to the television, he switched it off and moved to the light switch.

Flicking it on, he turned and let out a loud gasp.

“!” he shouted as he saw someone – too familiar – standing in front of him looking at him surprised as well. Kyungsoo placed a hand over his heart and let himself calm down.

The other one in the room nervously laughed.

“Kyungsoo, what a surprise.”

The boy took a deep breath and finally calmed down.

“What are you… What are you doing here Jongin?” he asked, leaning against the wall behind him, wondering why he found someone like Kai in the house.

The other chuckled.

“It’s my house. The question is…” Kai started moving forward, smirking at him. “Why are you here?”

Kyungsoo gulped slowly.

He was just caught breaking in to Jongin’s house.

The person he was seeing, or the person who was his younger brother’s very important boss.

“Um, I came to see you.” He said, lying yes, but he wanted to say something that would please Jongin. And since he knew that Kai was pretty much infatuated with him, he hoped it would work.

Jongin smiled and moved even closer.

“Did you?” he asked, and Kyungsoo nodded instantly.

“I did.”

The younger grinned and moved closer, pressing himself up against Kyungsoo, smirking when he felt the boy tremble beneath his touch.

Moving closer, he let his lips brush against Kyungsoo’s, smiling before he began to talk again.

“I’m glad you did. I was beginning to think that you didn’t like me.” Jongin explained, his hands moving down to Kyungsoo’s waist, pulling his waist closer and brushing their crotches together.

Kyungsoo closed his eyes as he felt pleasure spring through his body.

Kai had a huge effect on him, and sometimes he didn’t like it, but others, he wished it didn’t stop.

Jongin finally kissed the other, and they moved their lips passionately against each other, the younger’s tongue moving into Kyungsoo’s mouth, swiping against the others and massaging it lightly. Kyungsoo moaned and he let his hands move up to Kai’s neck, wrapping around it and pulling him closer.

Both of them began grinding their hips together sweetly.

As they continued to passionately make out, there was suddenly a big interruption by the door.

“Get away from him!”

They separated, and whilst Jongin just continued to smirk and stare at Kyungsoo, the older turned right and he looked at the side, noticing that his two brothers plus Lay and Suho were standing there, eyes widened at what they were seeing.

Most likely because they noticed that it was actually Kai.

“Kai?” Tao shouted, and Jongin chuckled as he turned around, still pressing up against Kyungsoo, and he smiled at Zitao.

“Hey man. Aren’t you supposed to be at work today?” he asked, but Zitao shook his head and answered.

“No, uh, day off.” He replied.

Just as Kai was about to counter reply, Suho was the one that stepped in.

“Who is this?” he asked, and Kyungsoo answered before anyone else.

“This is Jongin, Tao’s boss.” He explained.

Suho stared at the man that he didn’t know, looking around to see that the others were looking rather suspicious too.

But the way he was pressed up against Kyungsoo; it showed that they were rather close and very intimate. Yet, Joonmyun was wondering what the hell Tao’s boss was doing here in the first place.

“What are you doing here?” Suho asked Jongin, who chuckled as he looked back at Kyungsoo, rubbing his waist a little.

“It’s my house, that you all broke into.” He explained, his eyes connecting with Kyungsoo and he smiled. “You too babe, but I like the excuse that you have me.” He said, and kyungsoo felt panic was over him.

Your house?” Suho said.

And he looked around at the rest. Everyone was worried.

“…Kyungsoo, get away from him.” And it wasn’t Joonmyun that had said it, Kyungsoo’s eyes widened when he looked over at Yixing who looked generally worried and practically terrified as he stared at him. Yixing was motioning for him to come over.

Kyungsoo looked back at Kai who looked rather mocking.

“Now Kyungsoo.” Lay said, pointing to the side of where he was.

Tao and Lu Han began to panic.

“Why?”

“Because he’s the one that tried to kill you.” Lay pointed out, and the three beside him froze as well.

Kyungsoo gulped and he stared at Kai who was simply smirking at him. Looking at his eyes, he remembered what the assassin had looked like. A mask covering his face, but his eyes. Those eyes, those deadly eyes.

When he looked better, he could see that the eyes matched.

And that really killed him. His mouth fell agape, and he suddenly tried to move out of Jongin’s grasp, but he was trapped there. Kai smirked again and he leaned upwards, his nose brushing against Kyungsoo’s before he began to speak, and those words weren’t the ones kyungsoo needed to hear at all.

“That’s true.” Jongin explained, his hands moving up Kyungsoo’s shirt as he slowly traced the skin. “I tried to kill you. I’m the one that stabbed you.”

Kyungsoo could feel his chest hurting, and if anything, he just wanted to get to his brothers.

“And I became closer to you, because I was told to.”

Every word that came out of his mouth was hurtful and painful.

“Of course, I didn’t need to butter you up and flirt with you, but to tell you the truth, I really wanted to. You’re something special, and you’re very handsome. To me, I hit the jackpot. There is only one downside to the entire situation.” Jongin explained, looking down over Kyungsoo’s body, smirking at how perfect it was, how lithe and beautiful the boy really was.

Kyungsoo gulped and bit his lip, they were trembling, and it made him feel even more vulnerable.

“W-What?” he asked, not wanting to, but he had to.

“I have to kill you.”

A tear slipped from Kyungsoo’s eyes, but it stopped dead on his cheek, his chest stopped, and Kai was frozen there with the smirk occupying his mouth. They were still pressed against each other.

Lay was frozen beside Suho, both of them staring at the other two.

Lu Han was in mid run towards his younger brother, trying to tear him away from the bastard that had manipulated him.

And Zitao stood there, breathing heavily, eyes clenched shut and fists formed before he opened his eyes, noticing that everything had went well, and time was completely frozen, giving him free reign.

Of course, he had no idea what to do now.

First things first, get Kai away from Kyungsoo. Moving over, he took a hold of his boss’s shoulders and pulled him away, forcing him to the floor before he took a hold of Kyungsoo and moved him (it was a struggle) to where Lay was.

Now what?

Zitao sighed and moved back to his original spot. And time began running anew.

As it started, he took a quick hold of Lu han and kept him back, stopping him from running into thin air. Kyungsoo flinched when he realised something had changed.

Looking down, he saw that Jongin was on the floor.

When he got up, he sighed and looked over to Zitao, frowning when he saw that everything was different.

“Tao, that really is an annoying power.” He said.

Tao didn’t react to it. Lay kept a hold of Kyungsoo, keeping him back, trying to make sure he wouldn’t do anything crazy. Suho clenched his fists together, stopping himself from attacking Kai in any way. Jongin gritted his teeth before he tried to move forward, aiming for Kyungsoo.

But something very unexpected happened.

And just when Lu Han was about to use his telekinesis to throw some kind of object straight at the younger man in front of him, he saw Joonmyun take one step forward, bring up his hands, and make a forward notion, screaming rather loudly.

And with that, something sprouted out of his hands: water.

The three brothers watched as water began to engulf Jongin, drowning him in a rather large circle, as Suho concentrated hard, and they all were completely astonished.

Suho disintegrated the water bubble and Jongin fell to the floor; his body completely drenched and his eyes were closed as he fell unconscious.

Joonmyun was panting hard as his power left him.

Lay instantly ran up and rubbed his back, lifting up his chin to see if he was okay.

“Mind explaining that?” Tao suddenly asked, moving up and standing in front of both Suho and Lay. The healer wasn’t listening to him, and even when Lu Han asked the same question, all he was concerned about was making sure his friend was okay.

Kyungsoo was still frozen, looking onto Jongin on the floor, thinking about what happened.

He was simply a puppet in Jongin’s game.

The boy never liked him. He tried to kill him. He was going to kill him.

It hurt.

Lu Han sighed when he wasn’t receiving an answer and he moved up to Kyungsoo, taking a hold of his arm and shaking him slightly.

“Are you okay?” he asked, although he himself knew that it was a rather stupid question. Kyungsoo simply shook his head, his eyes still drawn to the unconscious man on the floor.

Lu Han ignored that and simply grabbed him out of the door.

Tao followed.

Suho used his power to drench Kai again, waking the boy up coughing and spurting out some excess water. Jongin took a deep breath before he looked around himself, realising that he was tied to a chair and he couldn’t move one part.

The other chuckled.

“You’re not getting out.”

Kai snarled before he tried to struggle out of the ropes again, but it was to no avail, and Suho was glad that he had complete control over him.

“Now, you’re going to answer a few questions.” He ordered, it certainly wasn’t a question. “And if you don’t answer, I will drown you again.”

The bounded one took a deep breath and he gritted his teeth.

Joonmyun grinned.

“Now, who do you work for?” he asked the simple question first.

But Jongin only grinned and shook his head, showing that he wasn’t going to answer that.

Yet Suho wasn’t going to give up so damn easily.

“Who is your boss?” Joonmyun repeated the question.

Same response.

“One more time, who do you work for?”

When Jongin didn’t reply again, Joonmyun began to get rather frustrated, so he held up his hand, focused hard and created a water ball.

Before realising what the other was going to do with it, Kai’s eyes widened when he felt the water go down his throat, effectively drowning him instantly and he tried hard to breathe for air, but the water didn’t stop flowing, and he was slowly losing all of his senses.

The other took away his hand and leaned closer.

“The name of your boss. Now.”

Jongin gulped and shook his head. Just as Suho was about to repeat the torture, he screamed.

“I’ll die if I tell you.”

“You’ll die if you don’t tell me. Only I’ll make it last longer.”

Kai’s eyes widened at the threat before he looked down, taking in the air that he had lost a minute ago, before shutting his eyes and praying that this wasn’t going to go all wrong.

Looking up, he sighed.

“K-Kris. His name is Kris.”

Joonmyun’s breath caught as that name passed through Jongin’s wet lips, and almost instantly he his heel and ran up the stairs, into the living room where everyone was situated.

Tao was on the couch beside Chanyeol, who was whispering sweet words into his ear.

But Suho could care less at that moment.

Running over to the others, he looked at Lay, just showing him how much trouble they were actually in. Yixing immediately stood up, taking a hold of Joonmyun’s shoulders.

“What is it?”

“Kai, he works for Kris.”

Lay’s heart almost stopped at that name.

The three brothers instantly grew interested at the reaction, and they wondered exactly who this man was.

“Whose Kris?” Zitao asked, and Chanyeol beside him squeezed his hand and before replying.

“Someone dangerous. Someone that you should definitely be worried about.”

Lay bit his lip nervously.

“He’s the worst demon you could possibly imagine.”

Suho suddenly felt a wave of nausea wash over him, and his heart was pounding furiously against his chest. Looking up at everyone, his eyes showed how terrified he was.

“And he’s here.”


A/N: Hope you all enjoyed it! One thing, I need to address an issue that's been popping up, and that's the pairings. Look, if you've ever watched a tv show, the main characters do not start off with their 'main' partner. And that's the way it's going to be here. they'll go through others, build character and then go to their main pairings. So yes, it is TaoRis, BaekYeol, KaiSoo and HunHan, but just not yet. Thank you! Comment, subscribe and upvote please:)!