Episode 4

Darkened Skies and Surprises

Tao gulped again as he glanced around the room, thinking that if he even thought of moving a muscle, the dog in front of him would probably lunge and attack. And god knows he didn't want to go through that again. Looking at the wolf, he flinched backwards as the animal took a step forward, leaving him to take a shuddering step back. How was he supposed to concentrate enough to use his power in this state?!

 

Clenching his fists together, he let out a slight shriek when he watched the rabid wolf lunge for him in mid air, and shutting his eyes as tightly as he could, he wished for heaven to just let him use his power.

 

Tao prayed hard.

 

Opening his eyes slowly after a second, realising that he wasn't being torn to shreds at the moment, he let out a deep breath when he noticed the wolf stunned and frozen in the air.

 

It looked absolutely terrifying, but at least it wasn't moving.

 

Moving backwards, he took a few seconds to let himself breathe properly again before he took his phone out of his pocket and dialled a very familiar phone number to him.

 

It rang until the owner finally spoke.

 

Tao? What's wrong?”

 

Tao grew angry at the sound of Lu Han's voice, but he tried to stay calm considering he didn't want to do anything that may make the wolf change.

 

“Lu Han, where are you guys?” God knows he was trying to speed the conversation up.

 

Looking for your attacker, why?”

 

Okay, Tao face palmed.

 

“It's right in front of me. Frozen in mid-air just as it was about to tear me apart and kill me.”

 

There was silence over the line, but Zitao didn't have any time to feel a little bit guilty.

 

He heard Lu Han mumbling to the other two (he guessed) and then he heard Lu Han shout into the phone immediately.

 

We'll be right there! Hold on Zitao!”

 

The phone call ended and the youngest brother took a deep breath.

 

Sure.

 

He'll try and hold on to the rabid dog for as long as he could.

 

Grimacing, he moved closer to the animal and stared at it. It looked absolutely terrifying, almost like a dog with rabies. It's teeth were incredibly sharp, it's eyes a bright red that scared Tao like hell. The claws were as sharp as knives, and Tao winced at the thought of them tearing into his skin.

 

At least his power worked, even under supreme fear.

 

He gulped once more before he took a seat on the bed, concentrating on the wolf just in case it started up again.

 

Time seemed to pass slowly, even though it was taking not moving in his time zone. He wondered how that would work. When Lu Han and the rest got here and entered the frozen room, would time start again? How the hell were they going to face this thing?

 

Possible problems ran through his mind as he waited.

 

He heard the front door open, and almost immediately, he swung past the wolf and ran to the entrance, immediately diving into Lu Han's arms as comfort shot over his body again.

 

“Shh.” Lu Han whispered, his younger brother's hair before he lightly pushed him away. “Where is it?” he asked, and Tao mumbled in reply.

 

“My room. Might be still frozen in time, I'm not sure.”

 

“I don't think it is.”

 

Kyungsoo's sudden voice made Tao freeze completely in fear. Hearing growling, he turned around on the spot and noticed that the wolf had obviously followed him down, and was now growling at all four of them.

 

“Freeze it Tao.” Lay suddenly whispered.

 

Zitao clenched his fists once again and closed his eyes tightly, trying to copy what he had done earlier.

 

Opening his eyes, his body froze when he realised it didn't work.

 

And now they were all probably doomed.

 

Because the wolf started running towards them.

 

Lay's eyes widened before he nudged Kyungsoo as quickly as he could, trying to get him to use his power, or do something. Kyungsoo gulped before he quickly brought up his foot and slammed it onto the ground, creating a massive force that made ripples fly through the floor, forcing the wolf onto it's back, leaving it defenceless and injured.

 

Kyungsoo let out a breath as he saw it fall to the ground.

 

But almost a second after, it started to recover from the shock.

 

Lu Han gulped and searched his surroundings, trying to find something that would at least trap the thing.

 

Zitao clenched his fists and eyes shut once again, trying with all of his willpower to just make the thing freeze.Holding his breath, he gritted his teeth before he focused so hard his head started shaking before he opened his eyes and let out a deep breath.

 

It was frozen on the ground.

 

Turning around, he was surprised to see his two brothers and Lay still moving and breathing.

 

“Lu Han, find something now.” Lay whispered before he took a hold of Tao's wrist and pulled him backwards, checking to see if there were any marks on him that he had to heal.

 

Kyungsoo was still trying to regain his strength back and he was trying to calm his body down.

 

The eldest desperately searched around, but he didn't know what would be strong enough to hold a god damn wolf inside of it. The wolf was still in mid-air, so very carefully, he brought up his hands and tried to motion for the animal to move down onto the floor.

 

And he did so.

 

But with a little too much force.

 

Lu Han grimaced as he saw the wolf's body smack of the ground in amazing force, making everyone else freeze, and he saw that time was no longer frozen. And the wolf was once again twitching.

 

As it moved onto it's legs, it turned to face the humans and snarled its teeth.

 

But when it tried to lunge, Lu Han pushed it back (again, with way too much force) and he pushed it into the table behind it.

 

“That... was an antique.” Kyungsoo whispered from the side, wincing at the glass falling from his favourite table. He was going to have a talk with his older brother after this for sure.

 

The wolf whined before struggling to stand up, but Tao noticed something very weird and peculiar. Pushing past Lay and Lu Han, he moved towards the wolf and stared at it carefully.

 

That's when he was sure something was going on.

 

“Guys?” he called out before kneeling down beside the animal. “I don't think it's a wolf.” The other's looked at him confusedly before moving over and standing clear of the dangerous wolf.

 

And Lu Han was feeling very uncomfortable with his baby brother kneeling beside the damn thing that still looked rather vicious.

 

“Move Tao.” he ordered, but the other stayed.

 

Tao continued to watch the wolf before he put out his hand and lay it on the wolf's head. He could tell it was injured, therefore he wouldn't be able to attack, but something was still weird.

 

The wolf looked up at him, and Tao could swear they weren't wolf eyes. They looked human.

 

“Tao...” Kyungsoo warned, but Tao didn't listen. Just then, they all watched the wolf's eyes shut tight and it fell in the younger's hold, unconscious. Lay sighed in relief before he looked around.

 

“Everyone okay?” he asked, still being exceedingly worried about the health of the three brothers. When he received a nod from each of them, he nodded in return before moving to the wolf to check it's own injuries. He wasn't sure whether he even wanted to save it, or even if he could, but something that Zitao had said had definitely peaked his interest.

 

Looking to the youngest whose hand was still on the wolf's furry head, he nudged him slightly.

 

“What did you mean when... you don't think it's a wolf?” The healer asked, glancing at the animal again, reassuring himself that it was indeed a wolf. Zitao furrowed his eyebrows a little before he offered a reply.

 

“I think it's a human.” Zitao whispered, his own words were scaring him as well because it couldn't possibly be true, but as soon as he looked into the creature's eyes, he was certain that it was another human. Or something else anyway. It wasn't a crazy wolf's eyes.

 

Lay looked at him worriedly.

 

“Why?” he asked, trying not to push the other away.

 

“It has human eyes.”

 

Kyungsoo scoffed from the side, earning him a hard hit from the healer.

 

“Are you sure?” he asked, doubting the other, but he didn't want Tao to not trust him with his own opinion. The youngest boy there sighed before he nodded his head, taking away his hand and standing up. “Okay, guys, let's find somewhere to keep it for now.” Lay explained, and Kyungsoo's eyes widened.

 

“But it's dangerous!” he shouted, unbelieving that they were going to keep the animal who tore Tao to shreds in their house. Lu Han didn't argue and he began looking for a place to store it.

 

Lay was just waiting for the moment where the wolf awoke.

 

 

“Have you got the designs ready yet?” Kai shouted over the desks to his new assistant. Tao nodded before he stood up from his seat with the papers in hand, moving towards his boss with long strides in confidence. When he reached Jongin, he handed him the designs and simply waited for a reaction.

 

It was the first time Zitao was given the task to come up with a few designs for the front of the magazine this month.

 

There was five designs in total, and he had been working on them for around a month now.

 

Kai flipped through the papers and frowned, making a shiver run down the boy's spine.

 

“Wrong, horrible, stupid...” Kai muttered as he flickered through the first three pages. Tao thought he was about to explode from suspense. “Plain...” his boss whispered before he got to the last one and Tao watched him grimace before he smirked. “Good. This one is good.”

 

Tao rolled his eyes and glared at his boss before quickly regaining his composure.

 

Jongin chuckled before he turned to someone beside the printer and handed him the last one.

 

“Print the copies for this design.”

 

Tao sighed before he turned and retreated back to his desk, calming his body down. Just then his phone began to rang and when he answered, he was met with the panicked voice of his older brother.

 

Come home Tao!”

 

“Lu Han? What is it?!” he shouted, worrying like hell. But the phone was only cut off, and within a mere second he shut off his computer and ran to where his jacket was, pushing it over his shoulders and grabbing his bag. Just as he was about to run out the exit, he was pulled back by his boss.

 

“Where are you going?” Kai asked, but Zitao seriously had no time for this.

 

“My family are in trouble, I need to go.” The information just slipped out before he struggled out of the other's hold and ran out of the building, heading straight for his own home.

 

He began to wonder if the emergency was to do with the wolf.

 

It had been a few weeks now since the incident, but the wolf had still not done anything 'un-wolf like'. It normally just woke up and began walking around the cage they had got with a grim expression on its face, no longer bearing its teeth to others or snarling.

 

But maybe it had gone wild again.

 

With that thought, Zitao picked up his pace and quickly reached the entrance to his home.

 

Running in, he froze when he saw his eldest brother on the floor, struggling against a stranger who was growling at him. A human... growling? Running over, he grabbed the back of the stranger's neck and pulled him off of Lu Han. Picking his older brother up, they both turned to the stranger who was now glaring at them with fierce eyes.

 

“Who is that?” Tao asked, staying beside his older brother.

 

Lu Han gulped before he glanced at Tao quickly with an answer.

 

“The wolf.”

 

They both turned back to the stranger who was glaring at them both. Tao gulped before he took a few shaky steps forward, making Lu Han grab his wrist, but he shrugged it off and took a few more steps up towards the wolf. At least he knew he wasn't crazy.

 

The wolf was a man.

 

“Hey...” Tao whispered, not really sure what to say.

 

The wolf-man growled before he backed up and lay against the wall directly behind him. Well, at least he wasn't attacking.

 

“What's your name?” he asked, still feeling slightly terrified as this stranger did attack him earlier, but the boy looked rather frightened, and maybe he didn't know that he could change into a rabid wolf. The other continued to glare hard before he glanced between Zitao and Lu Han.

 

And then, in a low and deep voice, he spoke quietly.

 

“...S-Sehun...”

 

The other looked so fragile. Zitao smiled at him before introducing himself to try and drown out the uncomfortable atmosphere.

 

“My name is Tao, that over there, is Lu Han.”

 

Sehun looked over at Lu Han and snarled. He didn't seem to like him very much.

Then again, he was pinning his older brother down when Tao arrived.

 

Lu Han glared back before he turned and left the room, leaving the youngest to think something must've happened before he got here. There had to be something that made Lu Han act immature. Turning back to the wolf-boy, he moved forward, before smiled.

 

“Are you okay?” he asked, and Sehun frowned.

 

“...I'm sick.” he replied, and Tao was confused at what the other meant. Keeping the distance safe, he spoke.

 

“Why? What's wrong with you?” he asked, and the other looked at him like he was stupid. Sehun folded his arms and looked down to the floor, letting his brown hair fall over his eyes.

 

“I'm a freak. I tried to kill you, twice.”

 

Zitao looked at him in surprise.

 

“You remember that?” he wondered, and he gained a nod in response. “Couldn't you control it?” Tao asked, folding his own arms as he thought about the situation at hand. Sehun sighed and shook his head, biting his lips.

 

“I can't... control it... I-I can hardly control myself at this moment.” The boy whimpered, eyes suddenly watering at the thought. Tao had to try and get more out of him.

 

“...And... when did it start?” he asked carefully.

 

The other gulped.

 

“A-About... a month ago?” Sehun tried to remember when all of his pain began.

 

Tao winced at the memory of what indeed happened a month ago. That night when he was brutally attacked.

 

“I... see.” Well, at least it made him feel a little bit better that Sehun attacked him because it was his first time changing into a raging animal. That kind of meant it wasn't his fault. Concious and pain is a little clearer.

 

Sehun sighed before he suddenly leaned off the wall and moved to the front door.

 

Zitao instantly moved forward.

 

“Wait! Where are you going?!” he asked, not wanting someone like Sehun to be running loose around the streets and harming someone again espeically if he can't even control himself as a human. Sehun stopped and sighed as he turned around to face the kind boy.

 

“I need to be away from you guys. I'll just hurt you again. Who knows when I'll turn back into a wolf. I don't want you to be injured again.” The brunette whispsered, his eyes dulling from the memory of ripping the other apart.

 

Just as he was about to turn around and leave again, the door was opened before he could do it himself.

 

“Stop following me!” Kyungsoo hollered at the person walking up behind him and entering the house too, obviously not noticing Sehun at all. “Seriously!” The boy's face was red with fury as he placed a finger on the other's chest, poking him hard and pushing him back.

 

That's when Tao realised who had entered with his older brother.

 

“Jongin? What are you doing here?” he asked, moving up to Sehun and standing in front of him, keeping him from leaving but also trying to divert him from the other's attention. His boss turned to him and sighed.

 

“Contrary to Kyungsoo's belief, I wasn't following him. Actually, I was following you.” Kai said, and Tao tilted his head in confusion. Pointing to himself to ask again, Jongin nodded before he chuckled. “Yes, you Tao.”

 

The younger furrowed his eyebrows.

 

“Why?” he asked, and he could see Kyungsoo calming down a little before turning and leaving the room, leaving Tao alone with Kai and Sehun in an awkward atmosphere.

 

“I wanted to know if you were okay, the way you ran off got me worried.” Tao could see the other glancing at Sehun behind him. How long was his boss outside exactly?

 

“Um... what did you hear?” he asked, and Kai nervously scratched the back of his head.

 

Looking over at Sehun, he gulped.

 

“Not... much.” Kai whispered, but Tao could tell he was very nervous.

 

And god knows what he heard, but he knew one thing, Jongin really had to go, now.

 

“Um sorry but can you leave? I'm in the middle of something here.” Tao said, a little bit nervous to be sending his boss out in such an informal way, but he had something to deal with, and it was rather important. Kai chuckled before he nodded, glad to see that everyone was okay in the house, and quickly enough, he left the door without any problems.

 

As the door was shut, Zitao moved over to Sehun and took a hold of his wrist.

 

“Come with me.” he said, dragging the boy to the living room where his other two brothers were. When they entered, Kyungsoo looked at him funny before glancing at Sehun.

 

“Is that the wolf?” he asked, and Tao nodded, forcing the wolf to sit down on the couch beside him.

 

“Yes, this is Sehun. Sehun, this is Kyungsoo.”

 

Sehun didn't even look at the other, the whole situation was making him feel rather uncomfortable. Kyungsoo sighed before he leaned back and glanced at Lu Han. Tao didn't want to make the wolf even more uncomfortable, so he turned to him and decided to try and find out more about him.

 

“So Sehun, how did you first turn?” he asked, and the boy sighed.

 

He didn't like that he was the centre of attention.

 

“It... just happened so fast. I was walking down the alleyway and then I caught a whiff of something... it smelt delicious. So I ran after it. The next thing I remember was you limping away.”

 

Tao looked at him confused.

 

“Did you smell my blood?” he asked, the other shrugged.

 

“I-I'm not sure.”

 

There was silence again.

 

Kyungsoo sighed at his younger brother before he turned to the older one and whispered so that the wolf nor the time-stopper hear their conversation.

 

“So, tell me what happened.” Kyungsoo whispered, and Lu Han shuffled uncomfortably before turning to him, glancing at Sehun worriedly before he spoke quietly.

 

“Well... I went to check on the wolf... and when I got there, well, that's what he looked like.” he whispered, motioning to the boy sitting beside Zitao. “I was worried because he looked so pale, so I quickly opened the cage and brought him to the kitchen.” There was a pause. “Or at least I tried to. When we got to the hallway, the boy me and pinned me to the ground, snarling.” Lu Han shivered at the recalled memory. “But I was able to call Zitao and tell him to come over quickly.”

 

Kyungsoo nodded at the story and turned to Sehun.

 

The boy didn't look dangerous, and by the way Zitao was talking to him he didn't see it, but with the story, it seemed the wolf-boy was rather blood hungry.

 

Zitao was listening intently to Sehun telling him all about his life and how it suddenly came out of the blue when he turned into a wolf, and it kind of made him think back to a couple of months ago when he first got his powers.

 

They were in the same situation, but Sehun seemed to have it harder.

 

Just as Kyungsoo was about to go over to Sehun to try and 'talk' to him too, although he was terrified of the other, the front door was opened again and all conversation stopped once again.

 

“I'm home!” Lay's voice echoed throughout the house, and all of the brother's let out a small relieved sigh. When the healer moved into the living room, he smiled at the sight of someone else on the couch. “Who is this?” he asked, walking around and sitting on one of the spare chairs.

 

Sehun shuffled nervously before he waited for Zitao to answer for him.

 

“This is Sehun. He's the wolf.”

 

Lay's eyes widened at the information before he smiled a little, albeit nervously.

 

“Oh, well, I'm glad you're human then.” The healer whispered, trying to be reassuring but he could see how the other two brothers looked rather nervous and uneasy around him, whilst Zitao looked pretty comfortable. Sehun just nodded before there was another awkward silence around them.

 

Sehun gritted his teeth together. The looks he was getting from everyone bar from Tao was getting too much. Standing up, he nodded and bowed carefully before he quickly moved to the entrance.

 

Tao cursed silently as he followed.

 

“Wait! Where are you going?” he asked, and the other sighed.

 

“I'm a danger here.” Sehun explained, not even turning around to look at the one behind him. The other brother sighed before he shook his head.

 

“You're much safer here.” Tao insisted, but the other shook his head repeatedly.

 

“Sorry Tao. I don't want to hurt anyone.” As his hand caught the doorknob, Tao grabbed onto his free wrist to pull him back, giving him a stern and stubborn look as he dragged him away from the door.

 

“No, you'll stay here.” Tao ordered.

 

The wolf boy shook his head; he felt bad endangering them again.

 

“What if I turn into a wolf again and attack you? You might not heal, or even survive again.” Sehun explained, showing his fears of actually staying around people. Tao shook his head.

 

“No, you're safe here.”

 

“How do you know?”

 

Tao took a deep breath before he briefly glanced at his brothers in the living room before he lowered his voice a little when he spoke the next sentence.

 

“Because we're magical too. I have a power, so do the other three.”

 

The younger looked at him carefully with a nervous and curious look. Looking at the others, he waited for Zitao to continue.

 

“I can stop time. Lu Han can move things. Kyungsoo has amazing strength. And Lay is a healer. We can help you, you'll be safe here.”

 

Sehun stared at him in disbelief before he remembered how the other's actually survived the encounter with his wolf half, and it actually made quite a lot of sense when he remembered how the other's seem to move rather fast as though time had moved on quicker than normal.

 

“Really?” he whispered, and Zitao nodded immediately.

 

“We'll keep you safe.”

 

The wolf looked up at him carefully. He was about to speak before he was interrupted by the door behind him opening once again, and someone stepping through it, a smirk on his pink lips before he pointed at Zitao and Sehun, his eyes widening to an amazing size.

 

Zitao's breath caught.

 

Sehun looked nervous.

 

“You have powers?!” Kai shouted, his eyes looking wild with excitement.

 

Zitao then thought it may have been a bad idea to tell Sehun anything, because he knew he was going to get beaten for this.

 

Gulping, he stared at his boss who was grinning at him.

 

 



Upvote and subscribe please! <3

Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Next one in a week so watch out for it babehs!

Also, sorry for the layout of this chapter! My microsoft word isn't working and i've been forced to use OpenOffice which has weird spacing. So, yeah, sorry for the spacing! <3