Episode 10

Darkened Skies and Surprises

“You messed it up.” Jongdae said, his eyes sharpening at the demon who was just standing in front of him. “I thought you were supposed to be a mother ing rabid demon yet you couldn’t even handle the one task you had?” The angel was pissed. Actually, that was an understatement. He was more than pissed and he wanted to hurt the demon for failing him so quickly.

All of a sudden Guk rushed forward and wrapped his right hand around the angel’s neck, almost crushing the bones inside the skin in a couple of seconds. The demon was not impressed by the other’s attitude.

His voice was low and dark when he spoke.

“Don’t ing forget who you’re dealing with you er.” Guk’s eyes turned bright red immediately and his strength got even worse. The angel was struggling to breathe as his back was pressed up against the adjacent wall.

Both of them were glaring at each other before Guk let him go.

Taking a few steps back, he cracked his knuckles. The demon took a deep breath to try and calm his inner being down.

“Now, I haven’t failed. I’ve just been set back for a while.” He explained as Jongdae was trying to soothe the skin around his neck. The angel nodded before he turned around and spoke quietly.

“Just hurry up. I want him dead Guk.”

“It’ll be done.”

Lay was currently sitting on the couch, Sehun’s head on his lap as he let his long fingers run through the wolf’s reddish hair that he had dyed earlier that week. The wolf was rather tired – he had been told to exercise his dog, meaning, he had been able to run through the forest for a rather long time – and now he was happy enough to just be with his boyfriend.

However, he knew something was wrong. And it changed as soon as that brutal demon left a week ago. In the back of his mind, Sehun knew that the demon had said something to the healer that forced him to change his behaviour.

Sure, they do couple-y things like this all the time but Lay had started to turn colder towards him.

Or maybe it was something else.

And as much as Sehun didn’t want to admit it, he knew. The wolf caught the hidden glances that Yixing sent Joonmyun’s way when he thought no one was looking. But he was yet he couldn’t bring himself to say anything.

Because he knew, as soon as he did, he’d either have to watch Yixing lie to him face to face, or he’d have to witness Yixing leave him for the other.

That might be too much to handle.

“Are you alright?” Yixing wondered as he saw the other sigh deeply with his eyes closed – he didn’t look too well. When he received a nod in reply, he sighed.

“Yixing! Come here for a second.”

Sehun shut his eyes tightly as he heard Joonmyun’s voice fill the room. With not even a simple pleasantry, Lay pushed the wolf off of his lap and stood up, leaving it instantly.

To say Sehun felt horrible was an incredible understatement.

He let out a small growl. There was no way he would be able to handle this much longer. The wolf stood up and stretched his arms over his head before he walked straight for the front door, leaving the house thankful that no one else was around to stop him.

No, he couldn’t stay just now. Not until Lay sorted out his feelings.

The wolf moved quickly down the street until he hit the trees, smiling as he moved into an environment where there were no confusing relationships. As he moved forward, he didn’t transform into a wolf yet.

Actually, he had managed to control his wolf half a little now. That meant that he wasn’t attacking anyone anymore.

However, there was still a need to feed whenever he changed.

Which meant any animals he encountered during his travels as a wolf were his dinner for that day. It disgusted himself when he transformed back into a human because the left over taste would still sit on his tongue and he had to try hard and not puke his meal back up. If only he could control it more. Then he wouldn’t have leftover deer stuck in his teeth when he left the forest.

Sehun moved forward and just let the city behind him fall behind as he moved out of society. Nothing could hurt him here.

The trees were blowing slightly in the wind, and the leaves on the floor were rustling as Sehun moved past them.

Suddenly he heard some whistling.

Turning around instantly, he eyed the bushes and trees around him. Someone else was here – or perhaps it was another animal. As he continued to walk, he stopped when he heard someone making another whistling sound. Sehun stopped immediately because he was certain that was a human sound.

“Come on!”

Sehun froze. But he didn’t recognise the voice. That just confirmed that someone else was here with him, and they were teasing him.

But he wasn’t going to speak yet, no, he was just getting ready to attack if needed.

He had also mastered transforming very quickly.

“Come on doggie!”

Sehun growled at the words that came from the attacker’s mouth. Now it was obviously someone who knew that he was a wolf as well. And he wasn’t appreciating the names that were coming out of the other’s mouth.

Moving down, he bent his knees a little and got ready to pounce at whatever direction the stranger came from.

“That’s a good dog. Sit.”

The voice continued to get more familiar as it got louder. Growling lowly, Sehun placed his hands in between his knees on the floor. When was the other going to come out instead of playing around?

“Now… stay.”

Sehun twisted around immediately as he saw some of the bushes twitch as someone walked through them.

Now he knew why he recognised the voice. It was the demon from before.

The powerful demon that the necromancer had summoned to kill Joonmyun. He was here, right in front of Sehun and the wolf wasn’t sure what to do. For sure, he wouldn’t be able to defeat him. But he didn’t want to let him go either. And he was quite sure the other wouldn’t allow him to escape.

Chuckling, Guk pursed his lips and blew a kiss to the wolf in the middle. It was all a ploy.

“Good boy. Now, I’m going to approach you and you’re going to stay like a good house pet.” Guk said, grinning as the other’s growling seemed to amplify as he moved forward.

Sehun wasn’t sure what the other was going to do. In fact, he wasn’t sure that he wanted to know but he was ready to attack.

Bearing his teeth, the wolf move his legs back a bit with his up in the air.

When he was in a pouncing position, he waited until the demon was in the perfect position before he launched into the air, transforming into a big black rabid wolf midway as he latched onto Guk’s neck with his sharp and horrid teeth. The demon was thrown back onto the grassy ground before he grabbed the fur between his fingers and threw the dog off, a loud whine echoing through the forest.

The wolf was breathing hard as the animal was thrown hard against a tree. Sounds of bones breaking filled the woods and Guk could only grin as the animal was immobilised.

Running over to him, he grabbed the animal by its neck and stared into his eyes.

“Now, now dog. Be very careful.” Guk whispered, his other hand moving down the soft fur of the wolf’s back. “I have a proposition for you wolf~.”

Sehun suddenly transformed into human again as not enough air was getting to his lungs. He lay there, half-unconscious as he stared up at the demon who was choking him near death. Guk smirked as he moved his hand to the boy’s bare waist.

his lips, he moved down and suddenly straddled the boy.

Now the wolf would’ve noticed if his face wasn’t going pale from the lack of oxygen.

“I want you to be my hidden weapon.” Guk explained, moving his free hand down the boy’s chest. “You see, I’m a bit sad that you outed me so quickly the last time, so I think it’s time that you repay the favour dog.” Lightening his hold around his neck, he waited for the other’s expression. Sehun immediately shook his head and Guk chuckled before he nodded in return.

Moving his hand down to Sehun’s waist, he d him tightly before leaning down and whispering.

“You’ll have no chance dog.”

Suddenly Guk’s eyes turned bright blue, and Sehun couldn’t’ tear his own gaze away from them. They were rather pretty, like the sky on a beautiful summer’s day, and they were intoxicating.

The wolf tilted his head a little as his mouth fell agape.

All reasonable thoughts left his head and he just stared at Guk. As a result of the demon’s horrible magic, the wolf’s eyes suddenly turned blue and he froze in place.

Guk grinned.

Now he had an accomplice.

Kyungsoo was battling with the dummy that Lu Han had gotten him to practice his fighting skills with, trying to build up his skills and to see if he was able to concentrate his maximum strength into his fists without the aid of a wall or floor.

But it was to no avail. There was not one mark on the dummy that would prove he had progressed any at all.

Sighing, he fell backwards into a chair and groaned loudly.

Maybe he’d never get it.

“Kyungsoo, you alright?” Lu Han suddenly entered to see his brother looking rather dim on a chair. Although he could guess what the other was mad about. “Look, you’ll get it, just keep practicing!” He tried to help the other but he could see Kyungsoo getting even annoyed with him. Kyungsoo shrugged his shoulders and turned to his brother with a sad smile. “By the way… Have you seen Sehun lately?”

Kyungsoo shook his head. Now that he had thought about it, he hadn’t seen the wolf in the last couple of days.

But perhaps the worst of it that even Lay hadn’t asked them yet.

Both of the brothers knew that something was up yet they had no idea what was wrong. After moving into the living room, he saw the angel and the healer discussing something quietly on the couch.

“What’s up?” Lu Han asked, moving over to his boyfriend and sitting on his lap. Suho gripped Lu Han’s waist but he shook his head.

“Nothing important, don’t worry.”

Lu Han nodded before he saw something rather peculiar. Lay had glanced at them before he moved down to the arm around his waist. Then, with a grimace, he turned around and switched his attention to the television were a random TV programme was playing.

But he ignored it for now because there were other things to be thinking about. Like how his boyfriend had a hit on his head from one of the most powerful demons they had ever come across.

Speaking of that, he wondered how his little brother was doing.

Actually, they had come not to discuss Zitao lately because of what he had done. It was like Zitao betrayed them, but at least they hadn’t had a visit from Kris.

Tao was definitely alive.

That much Lu Han knew. He would’ve felt something if Zitao was dead, he knew he would’ve, but he was alive. Tao just didn’t want to come home. Or perhaps, he was doing it so he could get some inside information that would help them all take Kris down.

Well that was what kept Lu Han kept going anyway.

Lu Han moved off of Suho’s lap and turned around, heading for the kitchen because he was in severe need of a drink of water to calm him down.

Thinking hurt.

The necromancer began noticing the changes in Chanyeol a couple of days before, and then he felt like a complete idiot when he actually realised what was going on. At first, he thought he was really sick, getting a fever. But then he remembered that the man was actually a vampire and there was one essential thing he needed that he didn’t actually ask for.

Blood.

Baekhyun chuckled at the thought when he moved towards the tall boy that had begun to ignore all of his advances ever since that first kiss.

He didn’t know why. Baekhyun himself knew he was a good kisser and the fact that Chanyeol kissed him back said it all.

But no.

The vampire had decided to stay locked up in a room without any other physical contact unless he took a stroll around the house. When he did, that’s how the necromancer saw his paler than usual face and the way he stumbled down the hall.

Knocking on his door, he impatiently waited outside until the door knob turned and Chanyeol stood there looking ghastly.

“What is it?” The vampire asked. His voice was trembling.

“I have a little gift for you.” Baekhyun explaining, smirking. “May I come in and give it to you personally?”

The other stared at him rather suspiciously before he nodded. Letting the boy in, he shut the door behind Baekhyun and simply stood, waiting for the real reason he was interrupted. Baekhyun smiled and turned around, pointing at the vampire before chuckling at him.

“You really should’ve reminded me about the blood thing you know. I mean, Xiumin eats normal food but I always wondered why you never took my offer to eat dinner all this time.” The necromancer was actually laughing at himself because he was really stupid. But still, Chanyeol didn’t say a word. “Come here Chanyeol.” He said, motioning for the other to come closer.

Taking one step forward, Chanyeol paused when he looked at Baekhyun directly.

And saw that the other was flashing his pale neck towards him.

Hissing, he glared hard at Baekhyun. The vampire took a few steps back, but he could almost feel the blood that was rushing through the necromancer’s body and he could already taste it.

Baekhyun chuckled as he followed the other’s steps and moved closer. Continuing to tilt his head to bare his veins, he approached him quickly and his lips.

“You can do it Chanyeol.” He whispered. “I’m giving you some food.”

“I’ll kill you.”

Baekhyun and Chanyeol locked gazes for a single moment. But then all you could hear was the sound of laughter erupting from the necromancer’s mouth. And it was all too confusing for the bloodsucker.

There was a moment of silence before Baekhyun reached up to the other.

Grabbing his neck, he pulled his mouth closer to his pale neck. The blood was so close. So close.

It was way too close.

The vampire couldn’t take it anymore, the blood thirst was too high and he hadn’t feasted in a long time. Not since he came here. He grabbed Baekhyun’s hair and immediately sunk both of his sharp fangs into the other’s neck, slicing through it like it was butter, it was so easy.

Blood immediately began to flow through his mouth and down his throat and he never tasted something so delicious.

Moans left his mouth and Chanyeol let his other arm grab Baekhyun’s waist.

They were pulled together closely, the necromancer letting his mouth fall agape as his blood left his body. The feeling was intense. Chanyeol the thick blood like his life depended on it. Not once in his very long life has he ever encountered such a sweet and delicious taste like the twinge Baekhyun’s blood had.

Perhaps it was because he was a necromancer, it was different.

And he wanted it all.

Pulling the boy closer, his grip grew tighter and there was no doubt going to be red marks on Baekhyun’s waist by the end of it. If he survived.

The necromancer was going to have to stop it soon.

But he would be lying if he said he wasn’t enjoying the feel. In fact, it felt rather amazing in the weirdest way possible, but he had to stop it.

Of course, he wouldn’t die.

He didn’t die that easily. But losing a lot of blood may pane his way into a period of time where he didn’t have a lot of power and that was one thing he didn’t like feeling at all – powerless.

Grabbing Chanyeol’s shoulders, he opened his eyes and pushed the other back, ripping some skin off his neck as the vampire tried to stay latched.

Baekhyun covered his neck with his hand, but a lot of blood dripped down his fingers, colouring his skin the same colour as the liquid. He stumbled backwards, chuckling to himself at the numbness that ran through his body. But the way Chanyeol turned so rabid, it really turned him on.

The vampire himself was his lips, on his fingers to try and get as much blood into his system as he could.

Both of them took deep breaths before someone broke the silence.

“Do you feel better?” Baekhyun asked, continuing to try to keep all the blood in from his wound, but it wasn’t necessarily bothering him at the moment. Chanyeol gulped the rest of the blood down before he stared at the other with his brighter-than-usual red eyes. “How’d it taste? Hmm?” Actually, he was pretty curious about it himself to be quite honest. Was his blood good?

Or was Chanyeol just drinking it because he was a vampire and he was rather starved?

Chanyeol sighed before he finally calmed all the way down. Now he was finally able to answer the necromancer.

“Why… why would you let me do that?” He wondered, he wondered why.

“Well, because you are mine. I need to keep my possessions nice and clean and fed you know.”

Glaring a little, Chanyeol tried to keep his expression clean. After all, Baekhyun had intentionally saved him and with his own blood as an extra plus. Another moment of silence, Baekhyun’s last question was repeated.

“Did my blood taste good?” He wondered, removing his hand as he felt the bleeding stop.

After all, he was a rather good healer.

And fast too.

Putting out his hand, Baekhyun chuckled when he saw the other’s eyes dilate when he caught sight of a mass amount of blood.

“It tasted…” Chanyeol moved forward a little, staring at his hand. “…beautifully delicious.” The vampire moved faster than light and he suddenly appeared right in front of the necromancer, his eyes bright and red and his fangs sharp and gleaming. He took the boy’s hand, staring at the blood covered fingers as if they were chicken strips, and placed Baekhyun’s long finger at the entrance to his mouth, before pushing them in and letting his tongue the blood off of them.

Baekhyun stared at him in awe, the sight was incredibly and he had to admit that Chanyeol was a natural with his tongue.

He at them like they were the most delicious food on the planet. The vampire them clean and then let them go before staring at Baekhyun in the most peculiar way.

“So… tasty…”

Baekhyun grinned.

That was what he wanted to hear.

The next thing he knew, Chanyeol’s mouth was at his neck and his god-forsaken tongue was it clean.

As the wound had already healed, Baekhyun wasn’t worried.

And he was just going to let him clean him up. Chanyeol’s tongue moved from his clean neck until their lips met messily, and the necromancer could only cling onto Chanyeol immediately. He had been waiting for the kiss for a long time too. Both of them passionately kissed the other before they separated.

And then Chanyeol could only lead Baekhyun to the bed behind him.

“Now, you remember your mission pet?” Guk asked, placing his hand underneath the boy’s chin and grinning at the look he was given.

It wasn’t an angry look, much rather a blank one.

Like he had no idea what was going on. And he didn’t. Sehun didn’t know what he was doing because it was like something else had taken over his body, willing to do anything Guk had told him do. His eyes were dilated and he didn’t express one emotion on his face. It was beautiful.

Sehun nodded before he turned around and entered the house that had been his home for the last few months.

Where his love was. The love that yearned for someone else.

But it wasn’t like he could do anything. His body wasn’t listening to him, his voice wasn’t listening to him and nothing was listening to him. He had no control over anything.

So when he opened the door, he wanted to run.

He wanted to shout to the first person he said to get out, to kill him, to do something that would make him leave.

Yet Guk’s voice continued to haunt him and force him to smile.

Smile at Lu Han. Smile at Kyungsoo. Smile at Joonmyun. And smile at Yixing. When he got smiles back, he wanted to scream at him to get away from him because they were no longer sage. But no.

Guk had now infiltrated the house.

And he had a feeling he wasn’t going to get out of this ordeal alive.


A/N: Hey! Hope you enjoy this update! I've got the finale already figured out so I want to write as many new chapters as I can!