Season Finale

Darkened Skies and Surprises

Sehun was quick. He was quick to grab the dagger and shove it into his belt, tightening his jacket around his body as he scooted closer to Yixing. Both of them knew that they were in a lot of trouble. But they had to try and get through it – Zitao was depending on them.

Yixing glanced around at the soldier-type guys surrounding them. He noticed one of them was the guard at the door.

And he had a sadistic smirk on his face, like he knew this was going to happen.

It was probably why he let them in so easily.

Yixing and Sehun should’ve known it wasn’t going to be that easy. It was going to be protected somehow.

“What do you really want it for?” The big muscular door guard asked, moving closer and stepping in front of the two who tried their best to stand straight and be confident. Yixing glanced at Sehun a little before clearing his throat slightly and talking.

“I need to kill a demon.” Yixing said bluntly.

The wolf stared at the other wide eyed before he gulped. He didn’t expect the healer to go with the straight truth. And now they were probably going to look insane.

“Right.” The other said, smirking as he looked at the two boys. “…Okay, looks like we need to call the mental hospital.”

Yixing rolled his eyes before he looked around.

There were two exits. One at either side. And both were guarded – heavily. There was no way for them to come out of this. They were just going to hope for a miracle.

“Hey.”

Kyungsoo jumped out of his seat instantly at the sudden voice, and he held his hand over his chest to try and calm himself. When he looked around to see who it was, he took a deep breath when he realised Jongin was standing just beside his bed. Of course, he would pop up everywhere now.

“What are you doing here?” Kyungsoo asked, turning around and folding his arms across his chest. The other was constantly appearing in random places.

It was getting rather aggravating.

“Here.” Kai passed a piece of paper to the other.

“What’s this?” The boy asked, staring at the words. It looked weird.

“A summoning spell. For Kris.” Kai explained, motioning to the paper. The other boy sighed and placed the piece of paper on the desk. Sighing, he let his head hang low for a couple of seconds before he looked back up.

“Why?” he asked, and the other looked confused. “Why are you helping us? After trying to kill me.”

Jongin sighed and turned around. Moving to a chair, he sat on it and turned to Kyungsoo.

“I can’t tell you.”

Kyungsoo stared at him in silence for a while. Before he just gave up.

“Thank you, for the spell. I need to go.” The human boy moved to the door and quickly left the room. He didn’t need Kai at this moment. It was too dangerous.

When he got down the stairs, he was met with a peculiar sight.

His older brother was heaving large boxes into the room. Tilting his head in confusion, he moved over to one of them and opened it. It was even more curious when he found out what was inside of the large boxes. Looking to his side, he his lips before asking the obvious question.

“Um what are these for?” he said, pointing to all of the boxes. Lu Han looked at them all and grinned.

“For Kris. We need to be prepared.” The older explained, nodding. Kyungsoo nodded too but shrugged.

“Do we really need so many weapons?”

“Yes.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes.” Lu Han said before he left the house. And came back with a few more boxes in toll. Kyungsoo rolled his eyes but he couldn’t blame him for doing this. Kris was going to be tough.

But it was for Tao.

They had to do everything they could.

As Lu Han hauled the last box in, just as he was about to shut the front door, three people stormed through. The boy’s eyes widened as he saw one of them covered in blood.

“What the hell happened?!” Lu Han shouted, alerting Kyungsoo. The blood covered one shook his head before taking a deep breath.

“I saved them. And I was hungry. I’ve been hungry for a long time.” Chanyeol said, before he tried to wipe some blood off of his jaw. He moved past them all and moved into the bathroom, obviously to clean up.

Lu Han looked over at Yixing and Sehun who were seemingly untouched and uninjured. At least that was a good thing.

“We were cornered. Chanyeol happened to come at the right time.” Sehun said.

Yixing nodded before he moved his hand to Sehun’s back and slipped something from his belt. The wolf and healer stared into each other’s for a while before Lay moved back and held out the angelic dagger. The two brothers stared at it in disbelief.

“Where’s Suho?” Yixing asked, that was the person they needed now. But the other two just shrugged their shoulders, not having seen him in a while. “Joonmyun!” Lay suddenly shouted.

Everyone was silent until they heard someone clear his throat in the corner.

“You called?” Joonmyun whispered, leaning against the wall. Before the other could answer, he saw what was in Lay’s hand. “You got it.”

The angel moved over and took the weapon from the other.

It was exactly as it used to be.

“Will it work?” Kyungsoo asked, but the other didn’t know. Chanyeol came back in clean, and he sighed.

“We better hope so.” The vampire whispered.

Chanyeol sat on the couch, rubbing his hands together nervously. Even he, a supreme being (or so he thinks), was very nervous for what was soon to happen. Tao must be terrified.

He didn’t know why the others didn’t call him immediately when Zitao was captured by the demon.

That would’ve been something he would’ve liked to know.

Considering he and Zitao where together. And not just in the romantic way, their relationship had gotten pretty far. He was sure that the boy was completely infatuated with him – although that might be a bad thing, but Chanyeol wasn’t complaining at the moment. It was just… he was immortal, and Zitao not really.

Although Chanyeol had to admit that at the start he may have used something.

It was actually a part of his vampiric powers.

The art of seduction. And yes, he used it on the boy as they just met. But it only lasts for a day, which meant that Tao wasn’t under the influence on the second day.

This was definitely a good thing!

But now that Kris had seen it, seen the way Chanyeol cared for Tao, it was all over.

That was a part of Kris’s personality.

Years ago, Chanyeol was actually under Kris’s wing. He was a new vampire, just getting into his new powers, and Kris was willing to help him. And at that time, the vampire didn’t know what the other was capable of.

But it slowly came to him, as the years went on.

Whenever he found something precious, Kris would take it away. He would brand the object too good for Chanyeol, and would claim it himself. Never would he let the vampire have anything at all to own, no, that wasn’t his style. He had to have absolutely everything.

And it seems, it still hasn’t changed, even after Chanyeol finally escaped. That was the worst thing about this all.

Tao was in terrible danger, because Kris, Kris didn’t exactly take care of his possessions.

Chanyeol only hoped they got to him on time.

“So, how are we doing this?” Lu Han asked, shuffling some things out of the box and putting the weapons into piles. They were all going to the person who would use them best.

Kyungsoo shrugged and sighed as he stared at the piece of paper in his hand that Jongin had gave him.

It was rather confusing.

It was a spell, yes, but there was also a slight ritual they had to do. And he had no idea what ingredients the other was talking about.

Thankfully though.

Chanyeol and Joonmyun made quite the team when put together. Both of them had an idea of each ingredient, and where to get it. Right now, they were off collecting the items whilst the other four were left to deal with the weapons and the spell.

“We just need to concentrate.” Kyungsoo whispered, and Lu Han nodded.

“Unlike those two?” Lu Han said, pointing to the two boys who were currently snuggling on the couch. The younger turned to watch them, sighing when they looked so damn comfortable. At least some of them were content at the moment. But he didn’t mind about them. They didn’t have enough time together.

Sehun let out a content sigh as he lay on Yixing’s shoulder. The older was currently his waist a little, making him feel relaxed.

Yixing frowned.

He felt like something bad was going to happen, and he couldn’t shake the feeling off. Not even with Sehun.

The door opened, and everyone jumped up. They knew who it was, which meant the time to summon Kris was almost upon them. Chanyeol and Joonmyun came walking in holding a lot of bags in each of their hands.

Kyungsoo moved over to take some to help.

As they were all set down, Lu Han stared at the two that had just come in.

“Is that everything?” he wondered, and the other’s nodded. “Good. Let’s go then.” Lu Han said, and he looked over at the couple on the couch. Yixing and Sehun stood up and moved to the weapons laid out.

They had to be ready for anything.

Besides, they weren’t going with Kris just giving Tao up when he got here. No, there was bound to be a fight.

And Suho had the most important job.

He had to stay out of sight. He had to make sure Kris knew he wasn’t there so he could make a sneak attack. That would be the only way to get him.

“Okay, everyone ready?” Lu Han asked, using his powers to move some of the ingredients into his hands. Kyungsoo nodded, biting his lips in nervousness. Chanyeol stood beside Sehun and just waited.

They were all nervous. But they couldn’t wait to get their brother back.

“Then let’s do it.”

It took half an hour for the ritual to be complete. It was now ready.

Each of them was in the right places, armed to death. Suho was out of sight, and Lu Han was ready to read the incantation. Thankfully – it was in a language he knew – so it would be easy.

Clearing his throat, he began to read the spell out loud.

Kyungsoo gripped the sword he had tightly in his hand as he waited. His brother had finished the spell and was now stepping back in a safe range.

There was nothing happening at the moment.

But Chanyeol knew that the summoning spell was perfect. And he was getting ready to lunge.

And then the ground started to rumble, and a light wind passed through the air. There was silence, and everyone was tense. That’s when there was a flash of light and suddenly, two people were standing in the middle of the room.

Tao’s eyes widened as his house came into view, and he gaped at his brothers. Kris groaned when he realised what had happened.

Holding Tao’s waist, he growled at them all.

“How dare you summon me.” He whispered, and he looked around. And that’s when he saw a certain red-eyed man lunging forward to attack him.

Chanyeol couldn’t keep it in anymore.

The venom. The pain. The hunger just to kill. Especially when he saw the way that Kris was holding Tao, that intimate way that he should be illegal in his terms. Lunging forward, he held up his fist, ready to attack Kris with full force. The demon grinned and quickly pushed Tao behind him – still keeping a good grip onto his wrist – before he brought up his free hand and curling it around the vampire’s neck, holding him in place.

“Chanyeol, Chanyeol. Did you really think you could kill me?” The blonde whispered with a sinister tone. The vampire was heaving, the hand around his neck was breaking his bones. “You can’t. But you know what?” Chanyeol looked at the demon and gaped when the other’s eyes turned black.

Everything happened fast after that. The vampire felt the other’s hands crush his neck hard, breaking all the bones inside, and it was the most tremendous pain he had ever felt.

Kris grinned and snapped the vampire’s neck, before letting go. And he watched the vampire’s limp body fall to the ground, lifeless.

“I can kill you.” He whispered, chuckling at the dead vampire in front of him. Moving forward – all too quickly – he pushed his heel into the man’s chest, and all of a sudden, Chanyeol was gone.

Only a pile of dust left.

And Lu Han gasped, remembering what had happened to the vampire he had killed a while ago. The exact same thing.

They all heard Tao let out an earth-wrenching scream.

“No! !” Tao screamed.

The demon grabbed Tao back and stared at him, pressing their foreheads together. Kris could see the boy’s tears rippling down his cheeks, and he had to chuckle.

“I’ll give you one. Last. Chance.

Tao took a deep breath, his lip quivering at the thought of the vampire. Looking into the demon’s eyes, he couldn’t. This man killed his boyfriend, and he was going to hell before he agreed to stay with the blonde.

Shaking his head firmly, he watched Kris’s smirk fall.

And his hazel eyes slowly lost all colour and it changed to black.

Kyungsoo screamed as he lunged forward, but Tao could swear, all time had slowed down. It was as if it was only him and Kris right now.

The demon growled before he moved his hands up to the boy’s neck. He shook his head before he twisted Tao’s neck in the wrong direction, the cracking sound was audible throughout the entire room. And as Kyungsoo finally clashed into the pair, Kris had thrown Tao’s body onto him, forcing the two back.

Kris looked around at them all and smirked.

“This’ll teach you to summon me.” He whispered, and Lu Han couldn’t contemplate anything that was happening.

His eyes were glancing at his other two brothers on the floor.

Yixing had bolted over immediately to Tao, not caring about any of the others in the room. Kyungsoo stared at the healer’s hands who were now located at Zitao’s neck.

The demon chuckled.

“He’s dead.” He whispered. Yixing ignored him and tried his best to focus all of his power into his hands.

But nothing was happening.

“Don’t with me.” The demon growled, before he closed his eyes. He was close to transporting, before someone popped out that he had completely forgotten about and never questioned his whereabouts.

Joonmyun was furious. He was so damn angry and he couldn’t fail.

Forcing his body forward, he gripped the angelic dagger in his right hand hard. It was with sheer force that he plunged the tip into the demon’s body. Right on the heart. Pushing the dagger through, he could hear the demon exclaim loudly at the pain in his body.

“!” he shouted, his torso moving out the way as he looked down at his chest. And the dagger sticking out of it. Running forward, he turned around. “Suho…”

The angel smirked and waved sarcastically.

What he didn’t expect was for the demon to disappear instantly.

“Dammit.” The angel whispered. Looking around, he saw that both Sehun and Lu Han were frozen on the spots. Kyungsoo was in the corner, tears falling down his cheeks immediately. Yixing was still hovering over Zitao with his hands over his neck, wishing for his powers to work.

Although Suho knew as well as him. That it wasn’t going to work.

“Come on!” Yixing shouted, his voice trembling. He placed his hands on Zitao’s neck and growled. “ing work!”

Joonmyun ran to his side and took a hold of his hands.

There was no point in him trying so hard.

“He’s gone Yixing.” Suho whispered. Suddenly, he felt a painful force hit his jaw.

“No he’s ing not.” Kyungsoo shouted, standing up now as he lowered his fist again. Turning to stare at his baby brother, more and more tears fell down his cheeks. “No… H-He’s not… o-o-okay?” Falling to his knees, he let his fingertips flow through Tao’s soft hair. “You’re okay, r-right?” he whispered, leaning down and leaning his forehead against the others.

Suho didn’t say another word.

Lu Han stared at his two younger brothers and clenched his fists together. His entire body was trembling, and he didn’t know what to do. In all his life, there wasn’t anything he could do.

Sehun was looking at his feet. He didn’t know what to do either.

Yixing suddenly fell backwards, his eyes closed and his breathing uneven. The angel ran over to him and cradled his head in his lap.

“He’s overworked himself already.” Suho whispered, but no one was listening.

Everyone was just focused on the body on the floor.

The cold, lifeless body of Huang Zitao.


A/N: And there is the last episode of Series 1! Series 2 will begin in 2 weeks considering i'm moving to University on Saturday so I need some time. But, I hoped you liked this anyway! (As much as you can).