Episode 10

Darkened Skies and Surprises

“Wait, what?” Lu Han asked, staring at Suho in disbelief, unsure if he actually believed the other, or if Joonmyun was just completely crazy, because Kris was a demon, and who would have a relationship with someone that evil? Joonmyun gulped and sighed before he began to explain again.

“Okay, I know that it sounds confusing… but he wasn’t always a demon.” Suho explained, and they just kept silent. “A while ago, Kris was a good friend of mine, and yes, we were lovers at one point too, but that was before he was a demon.”

Kyungsoo continued to stare at Yixing, who didn’t looked phased by anything Suho was saying.

He must’ve known.

“Now he’s a demon, and that’s that.” Suho finished, folding his arms across his chest and waiting for reactions.

“Right.” Tao whispered.

“Will that stop you from killing him?” Lu Han asked, and Suho’s attention was immediately on him.

“You can’t kill him.” Suho whispered.

“Why not?”

“Because he’s too powerful, even for you guys.” Chanyeol cut in, ignoring the hard glare from Lu Han and Kyungsoo. “It’s true.”

“Then what can kill him?” Tao asked, moving over to the vampire and catching onto his arm for security. All of this talk of the demon was getting him a little scared, especially considering he was apparently ‘immortal’ at the moment, and they had no power over him.

Chanyeol sighed and clasped his hand around Zitao’s for the other’s security.

“God knows.” The vampire whispered.

“So we’ve to sit around hoping that he won’t attack again?” Kyungsoo asked, finally speaking up as he stared at Yixing and Suho the most. The other’s just shrugged in response.

Then Lu Han spoke.

“Well… technically he didn’t attack. He came here for Kai – who he got.” He explained, and the use of that name made Kyungsoo shiver. He still hadn’t got over what happened earlier. Being used. Being betrayed. It was going to be difficult to move on.

But he hoped he was going to be able to, now with Jongin out of the picture – hopefully.

“So, he won’t come back?” Tao asked hopefully, but the vampire shook his head.

“No, he’ll be back.” He stated, tightening his hold on Tao’s hand.

“Let’s just all rest, okay?” Yixing spoke for the first time as he moved over to the werewolf who was sitting on the couch in silence. He needed to make sure the other was okay, it was a painful ordeal he had went through.

...

Lu Han ran into the alleyway where the screams had originated from, and he instantly got himself spiritually ready to use his powers. He had tracked a supernatural being here (he wasn’t quite sure what it was) and he wanted to put his powers to the test, and save someone in the meantime.

When he moved into the alley, he saw a man cornering a woman into the wall, his eyes gleaming red, and fangs bearing.

So a vampire.

That’s what he was dealing with.

He remembered asking Tao to ask Chanyeol how to kill his kind – if it ever came to it, not that he wanted them to know that he was getting ready to kill Chanyeol if he had ever turned homicidal.

Moving up quietly, he winced when he saw the other slap the girl before laughing maniacally out loud.

Now all Lu Han had to do, was looking around for something to strike it through the heart.

Chanyeol had told him that it didn’t have to be traditionally a ‘stake’ to the heart, but any sort of sharp object that penetrated the chest, would kill the vampire almost immediately. The heart was the only vulnerable organ in the vampire’s body, and Lu Hand just hoped he’d have a perfect aim.

Well, he did at least in practice.

Looking around, he noticed a stray pipe, and decided that that would have to do.

Taking a silent deep breath, he put out his hand and lift the pipe up into the air slowly, glancing at the vampire that was very close to biting the poor girl in the neck.

Lu Han had to separate them, there was a possibility of the pipe hitting the victim too, and he couldn’t handle that. Building up his confidence, he ran out into the middle of the alleyway and smirked.

“Hey, vampire!” he shouted, and he instantly gained the other’s attention.

The vampire growled lowly as he turned around and began stalking forward towards Lu Han’s direction.

When the vampire was a safe distance away from the pale woman, Lu Han instantly shoved his hand in the other’s direction, flinging the pipe straight to him, piercing his chest and forcing the vampire to the ground. Lu Han ran up and stood beside it, watching in surprise as the vampire suddenly roared and burst into dust.

“Woah.” He whispered, staring at the floor as only the pipe and a pile of dust was left. And then he remembered that a single woman was probably very confused at this point – and scared for her life.

Moving around to her, he put up his hands to show he meant her no harm.

“You’re okay, it’s over.” He whispered, and she suddenly closed her eyes and fell forward in a faint. Lu Han caught her on time and sighed.

Time to make a trip to the hospital he guessed. That’d be fun.

Sehun’s attention was grabbed by the program on the television as he lay on Yixing’s lap, his head placed on the older’s thighs, and Lay was softly his hair as he watched the program as well.

Both of them were silent, but were thoroughly enjoying the other’s company.

That is until they were interrupted.

“Are you watching a program about dogs?” Kyungsoo asked, looking at them both suspiciously as he tried to spark up some conversation that wasn’t about their intimate position.

Sehun ignored him and continued watching the program whilst the healer chuckled and turned his head to face the other.

“Uh yeah, Sehun’s rather interested in them.” He explained, continuing to the younger’s very soft hair, softly scratching the scalp a little. Kyungsoo stared at him blankly before shrugging his shoulders and moving over to the vacant chair, sitting on it whilst still staring at Lay.

“So uh, you two are pretty close huh?” He said suddenly, and Yixing tilted his head a little.

“I guess so.” He whispered. Kyungsoo his lips before continuing.

“…Do you like each other?” he wondered, and that’s when Sehun finally looked up from Lay’s lap and glared at the other.

“None of your business.” Sehun said with a stubborn tone, which made Yixing laugh at how protective he was over his own feelings.

“Geez, just asking.” Kyungsoo replied in a dull tone, folding his arms across his chest and leaning back into the chair, glaring at Sehun as he moved back to Yixing’s lap and continued to watch the show. The healer chuckled and shrugged at Kyungsoo before doing the same as Sehun.

“Where’s Tao?” Lu Han suddenly moved into the living room and disrupted Sehun’s television time again, looking at the three boys as he waited for an answer to his question.

Kyungsoo turned and shrugged his shoulders before moving back.

Yixing smiled and shook his head. Sehun didn’t move at all.

Lu Han groaned and turned to face the stairs, running up them to find where his youngest brother was. He wanted to tell both him and Kyungsoo what he had done earlier that night – saving an innocent girl and slaying a vampire. It was something to be proud about and boast to everyone else! Well, maybe not say anything to Chanyeol.

Although maybe it’d scare him.

The oldest smirked at that fact before moving to Zitao’s bedroom door and knocking on it lightly with his knuckles.

“Zitao? Are you in there?” he asked, trying to listen in to see if the other was occupying his room or not. Knocking again, he tried repeatedly. “Tao? Tao?” he shouted, but he sighed when the other wasn’t even replying. “Whatever.” Lu Han whispered before he turned around and left down the stairs, deciding to just go and tell Kyungsoo and Yixing about what he had done to the vampire.

Sehun may listen if he wants, Lu Han didn’t care.

Zitao moved around his work, looking to see if anyone actually noticed that the boss had actually disappeared, but everyone seemed to be fine. Like nothing had happened. Frowning, he moved up to one of the other managers, and smiled politely and bowed before speaking.

“Um, sorry for the interruption, but, do you know where Manager Kim is?” he asked, titling his head to see what the other was going to say.

The older woman smiled at him and his manners before she answered the question she was met with – with some confusion plastered on her facial expression that made Tao tense up.

“Manager Kim? Who is that?” she asked the employee.

“Um… Kim Jongin?” he explained, feeling confused himself when she answered with a blank expression.

“I’m sorry, I don’t know who you are talking about.” The older woman smiled sadly at him before turning around and leaving him alone in the office. Tao looked confused, but maybe he shouldn’t be surprised that Jongin had completely been ‘erased’ from everyone’s minds here.

It just made him more scared of Kris, because he had the power to do such a thing – and he was sure that Kai didn’t do it.

Sighing, he moved back to his desk and he sat down, looking at all of the work he still had to do.

Finally, Kyungsoo was alone with Yixing at one point, so he was able to ask him a few questions that he had been wanting to ever since Kris had attacked their home. He hadn’t had anytime alone with the other since Lay was basically spending all of his time with Sehun.

But now, they were both standing in the kitchen, cooking something to eat and Kyungsoo couldn’t think of a better time to talk to him.

Looking over to the healer who was currently chopping some vegetables, he his lips before speaking.

“Um Yixing? Can I ask you something?” he asked suddenly, and the other placed the knife down before smiling and turning around to him, nodding instantly as he was curious to what the other wanted to say.

“What’s up?” he asked, leaning against the counter.

“Um, right, you knew about Suho and Kris right?” he asked, and Yixing looked a little surprised at the topic of the conversation.

But he answered anyway.

“Yes.” He whispered bluntly.

“He was telling the truth, right?” Kyungsoo asked again. He didn’t really want to make it look like he didn’t trust Joonmyun, but he knew that Yixing knew the whole story, so he just needed clarification.

“Of course.” Yixing looked rather confused. “Did… Did you not believe him?” he asked, looking rather suspicious.

“No, I did. I just, I know that you know everything as well, and I just needed clarification is all.” Kyungsoo replied, smiling trying to get the other to notice he had good intent.

Yixing nodded before tilting his head a little.

“Anything else you want to know?” he asked.

Kyungsoo bit his lip in deep thought as he thought about the story that Suho had told them about him and Kris.

Everything seemed believable.

But there were a few questions that he could muster up from the story, and if Yixing was offering to answer them, then Kyungsoo decided that he really should try to sort the story out more.

Okay, here goes.

“Um, why was Kris turned into a demon?” he asked, he was thinking about it quite a lot actually.

Yixing let out a deep breath before he answered the question.

“Don’t tell Suho I told you any of this, okay?” he said, and Kyungsoo nodded, turning and facing him completely because he knew that it was something interesting he was about to be told considering he wasn’t allowed to whisper a word to Joonmyun that he knew about it. “Well… I need to start from the beginning, and you need to promise that you will not interrupt okay?”

Kyungsoo nodded once more before watching as Yixing moved around and shut the door, taking a deep breath and moving back to his position. And he began the story that was going to sound unbelievable.

“Well… first thing you should know is that Joonmyun is… not human.”

Kyungsoo’s eyes widened as those words left the healer’s mouth, but the stern look from Yixing told him not to say another word.

“Suho is…” Lay bit his lip, wondering if he should just say the word. “…an Angel. Okay?” He whispered, and if Kyungsoo’s eyes could get any wider, they’d probably burst. “And so was Kris… once. They grew up and shared a long life together, obviously, they live a very long time, and some might even call them immortal.” Lay muttered, not believing that he was actually telling Kyungsoo this.

Joonmyun was going to kill him, but he had gotten so close to the three brothers that he thought they had the right to know the truth.

And that’s what Kyungsoo was going to get.

“…Around fifteen years ago, something happened, and Kris was deployed from above and sent down below. Like, below below. That’s how he was turned into a demon – and a fearsome one at that.”

“Suho was heartbroken, but there was no choice, Yifan had done something horrible to deserve the punishment he had gotten.”

The other looked at him in confusion, but Yixing could only shrug.

“I don’t know what he did, neither does Joonmyun. But that’s the story.”

Kyungsoo gulped and shook his head.

“Then why, is Joonmyun down here?” he didn’t believe most of it, especially the angel part, because even though he could say that Suho looked rather like an angel probably would – wouldn’t they have known about it?

“To help. Suho didn’t want to stay up there alone. So he came down here, and found me, deciding he wanted to help as much as he could. That’s how he can control water, it’s one of his angel powers.” Yixing explained the ending of it, but he knew how hard this was going to be for Kyungsoo to believe.

The brother took a deep breath before leaning against the counter and closing his eyes, trying to work through all of the information that he was just told.

Suho was an angel.

Kris was a fallen angel.

What the hell?

“Kyungsoo, it’ll be hard to accept all of this, but you cannot tell Joonmyun or show that you know, okay?” The healer said, and the other could only nod.

Kyungsoo gulped before they both froze when someone entered the room.

It was Joonmyun.

“Guys, what’s wrong?” He asked, noticing that they both were looking rather blank and surprised. Yixing shook his head and he smiled at him brightly, motioning to the food at the counter.

“Want some?” he asked.

“Sure!” Joonmyun exclaimed, moving over to the counter to taste some of the food that was made. Kyungsoo gulped and stared at the other, trying to see him as if he was really an angel.

But he couldn’t see it.

It could be true, and the only way he’d ever know is if Joonmyun showed him – but that was never going to happen considering he wasn’t allowed to tell the other that he knew about his secret identity.

Kyungsoo would just have to see how things would pan out.

And maybe having an ‘angel’ on their team would help a lot.

 


 

A/N: An hour late but here! Not as much going on in this chapter, but some background information and some secrets to get the chapter going! Hope you are enjoying it, and look forward to the new episode next week!