Episode 4

Darkened Skies and Surprises

“You think he’ll be alright?” Chanyeol whispered to Suho who was currently standing beside him. Both of them were watching Zitao sleeping – luckily he had much more colour in his face, and he didn’t look so damn pale. The angel simply bit his lip and shrugged his shoulders.

At this point, he didn’t know anything. Joonmyun looked over Tao’s frail body again and moved back. There was nothing they could do for now.

Placing his hand on Chanyeol’s shoulder, he talked softly.

“Just let him rest.” He said. The vampire looked to him and simply nodded before walking out of the room.

As they moved out of the bedroom, Joonmyun softly shut the door and took a deep breath. Now he had to go make sure that Lu Han and Kyungsoo were doing okay, considering it was a particularly stressful time in their life right now. When he and the vampire sauntered down the stairs, they suddenly heard a voice that they had not heard in a very long time.

“Suho!” Sehun’s voice rang throughout the house, and not a second later, Joonmyun ran to where it originated from.

When he got there, he saw Sehun on the floor, kneeling beside an unconscious Yixing. Running over, he put his hand on Lay’s neck to check if he was still breathing.

“What happened to him?” Suho asked, and the wolf shrugged his shoulders.

“H-He just fainted.” The boy whispered. Although Joonmyun was very glad that the wolf had begun speaking once again, he was very worried about why the healer was currently unconscious. “Is he okay?” Sehun wondered, his hand caressing Yixing’s soft hair.

The angel shook his head, he really didn’t know.

Looking behind at the vampire who had followed him, he spoke.

“Can you get Lu Han and Kyungsoo in here?” he asked, and the vampire instantly nodded. He left the room, instantly moving to the living room where he just guessed they were. When he got there, he noticed that only Lu Han was currently situated on the couch, frozen.

The older boy looked up at the angel when he moved into the room. The look of distraught on the vampire’s face made Lu Han jump up from the couch.

“What happened?” he asked, thinking it had something to do with his baby brother.

“Yixing’s unconscious.” Chanyeol explained, and Lu Han instantly dashed out of the room and into the next.

Zitao let out a small groan as he began shifting on the bed. The pain had subsided from his neck, but he still didn’t want to open his eyes. Right now, he felt rather content, and he didn’t want to remember how messed up his life, and the world was right now.

Besides, he actually felt pretty good at the moment. His body was alive, and he didn’t want to move, just in case that feeling went away.

Sighing deeply, he fell still.

That is until he felt a weight on his lap, like someone was currently straddling him whilst he was sleeping. And when he felt that someone’s hands on his waist, Tao couldn’t help but smile a little.

He didn’t know why, but this position felt good and rather familiar.

It reminded him of when the last time he was sleeping and someone decided to come and seduce him. He remembered that he had thought it was Chanyeol.

And it turned out it wasn’t.

Zitao opened his eyes, and he didn’t flinch when he saw a certain blonde smirking down at him.

“…You…” Tao whispered, the sudden tight feeling around his neck returning, just a little. Titling his head, he never broke eye contact, and yet, he didn’t make an attempt to move either.

The one on top of him continued to smirk as he leaned down, their faces very close.

“No one told me you were back.” Kris whispered, his hands moving up the boy’s body until they reached his hands. Clasping them tightly with his own, Kris tilted his head and moved even closer until their noses were brushing against each other. “This is a… surprise.” He said. The demon chuckled at how Tao just stared at him.

The young boy didn’t move, and all he seemed to be doing was gazing at his eyes as he spoke.

“However… it seems to be a good surprise.” The demon stated.

“What are you doing here?” Tao finally spoke, his head tilting in confusion at the demon.

“I came… for another reason.” Kris whispered, he clenched the other’s hands tighter, smirking when he felt Zitao’s own hands squeeze his. “But imagine how I felt when I find you instead.”

Taking away his left hand, he placed it on Tao’s jaw. the skin, he chuckled.

“All alive again.”

The younger leaned back into the pillow and let out a small sigh. Just his luck.

Kris could only be amused at how differently the other was acting. As if he didn’t care that his murderer was currently straddling him, and was very close. And the demon had to admit that the other was very y like this.

“You’re different.” The blonde whispered. Tao bit his lip and shrugged his shoulders a little.

“You killed me. That was traumatising.” The boy explained.

“But that’s my point. I murdered you, yet here you are, holding my hand and not doing a thing about me straddling you.” Kris said, motioning to himself and Tao, before he smirked.

Just as the younger was about to say something, he was suddenly shut up by Kris’s lips appearing on his own. His eyes widened as the demon his tongue into his mouth, and Tao just stayed still. Kris gripped hard on Zitao’s jaw as he massaged the other’s tongue with his own. The younger boy suddenly closed his eyes, and used his free hand to grip onto the demon’s hair to pull him closer.

He didn’t know what was going on, but all he felt was a surge of lust run through his body, and it was his own responsibility to use it on the first person he saw.

Which happened to be the demon. And since Kris made the first move, he didn’t stop.

Their kiss wasn’t soft, it wasn’t loving, it was rough and passionate. Tao’s hand was pulling the demon’s blonde hair, and Kris was focusing on exploring the younger’s mouth with his tongue.

When the demon pulled away, he just chuckled.

“Whatever happened to you, I love it.” The demon suddenly rolled off the bed. He stood up, turning around and looking down at Zitao on the bed.

The boy was staring at him passionately.

Zitao bit his lip before he moved closer to Kris and sat on his knees on the bed. The demon moved down closer and tilted his head.

“Bet you’re wishing you accepted my offer, right?” The blonde whispered, putting his finger underneath the witch’s chin. Tao chuckled but instead of agreeing he immediately shook his head, and slightly pushed the other away, making the smile falter on Kris’s lips.

Pointing an accusing finger at the other, Zitao smirked.

“You killed my boyfriend.” He said, reminding the other. As Kris was about to reply, Zitao interrupted him. “But, in a spectacular turn of events – as you can see – Chanyeol is actually alive again too.”

The look on the demon’s face was priceless. It was not a happy one.

“What?” Kris asked, and Tao nodded chirpily.

“Yeah! Alive and rested… well…. As alive as a vampire can be of course.” The boy explained, continuing to grin at the on in front of him. “So yeah, I guess everything is back to the way it was, right?” Kris didn’t speak. But Tao remembered something the other had said. “Why did you come here?” he wondered, and the demon blinked before he chuckled.

“Why should I tell you?” he asked, and Tao shrugged.

“Well, I did let you kiss me.”

Kris laughed breathlessly. Moving forward, he pressed his lips against Tao’s ear and whispered very faintly. Tao could make out what he was saying, but only barely.

“I came… to kill Suho.”

The boy’s eyes widened at the information. But Kris didn’t move back, instead, he continued to whisper ever so quietly.

“And now that I see, you are alive… You’re going to help me.” Kris sounded smug.

“I won’t.” Tao’s own smug expression left his face, and he was no longer up for playing any kind of games. Pushing Kris backwards, he stood up himself and scowled at the demon grinning in front of him. “Thank you, for warning me about Suho. Now, you can go.” He said.

Kris scoffed at the order before shaking his head. Moving closer, he put his palm on Tao’s cheek.

“There’s nothing you can do.” He whispered.

“Watch me.” Tao said complacently. The demon scoffed before Tao pushed him backwards again. The boy suddenly placed his hands at his temples on his head, and squeezed his eyes shut.

Please work.

Concentrating all of his power to his mind, Zitao hoped that this would work.

Opening his eyes, he stared in disbelief of what was happening in front of him. Kris was not entirely frozen. However, his body was moving very, very slowly, as if he was trying to fight the freezing power.

It was better than nothing.

“Help!” he suddenly shouted, hoping that someone, anyone could hear him. Thankfully, he heard footsteps rush up the stairs, and in the meantime he back to the door just in case, even in slow motion, Kris might catch up with him. Lu Han, Chanyeol, Sehun and Joonmyun were instantly in the room, all astonished at the sight of the toughest demon they’ve faced, nearly frozen.

“What happened?!” Chanyeol asked, rushing over to his boyfriend who was looking rather blank. Tao shrugged before he looked over at the angel who was busy gazing at the demon.

Moving over, he grabbed his arm.

“He said he was here to kill you.” Suho’s eyes widened when he heard that.

“If… he unfreezes, will you be able to freeze him again?” Suho wondered, and Tao shrugged his shoulders but he nodded. Well, since it worked the first time it would probably work again.

Probably.

Or so he hoped.

The angel took a deep breath before he moved over to the demon. Lu Han’s eyes widened.

“What are you doing?” he asked, but Joonmyun didn’t speak. Reaching Kris, he suddenly pushed the other, effectively getting him out of the freezing stage. The demon shook his head and stumbled back a little, feeling a little off. When he saw the angel in front of him, he looked confused.

Pointing to him, and then to the other’s behind him, he spoke.

“Where did you come from?” he asked, looking confused.

“Who sent you to kill me?” Joonmyun asked bluntly. Kris chuckled before he moved closer to the angel with a sickening smile appearing on his lips.

“That’s none of your business.” He whispered.

The angel scowled before he quickly ducked out of the way as the demon tried to attack him. He looked behind at Zitao and nodded his head. Tao immediately put his hands back up to his head and squeezed his eyes tightly. Just freeze him. Just the demon in the room. No one else. Come on Zitao.

Finally opening his eyes, he saw everyone completely frozen this time. Even Kris.

This doesn’t do him any good whatsoever. He only wanted Kris to be frozen, but he couldn’t do it.

Moving over to Chanyeol, he poked the vampire’s chest.

Maybe touching them would make them unfreeze? Oh god, he really needed to practice his power so much more. And he would! If he gets through this day then he will.

Pushing Chanyeol hard, the other suddenly stumbled backwards and shook his head. He turned to Tao and then looked around.

“Is… everyone frozen?” he wondered, and Zitao nodded. “Right.”

Both of them began to nudge the others out of the frozen condition, until just the demon was frozen completely. And hopefully, he was going to stay that way for a rather long time.

Suho looked at Kris and sighed.

“Where is Kyungsoo? We need him.” He muttered, and Lu Han instantly took out his phone. Pressing the phone to his ear, he waited for his younger brother to pick up.

“H-H-Hello?”

Lu Han’s eyes widened at the way Kyungsoo sounded. He sounded like he was in pain.

“Kyungsoo, what’s wrong?”

“Lu Han…”

“Kyungsoo, tell me.”

“I-I’m so sorry. I should’ve known better…”

“What are you talking about?”

Everyone around him was staring at him with worry. Whatever was going on certainly didn’t sound good, and they needed Kyungsoo to be with them. But it didn’t sound so good.

“Kyungsoo.”

“J-Jongin was dying; I had to save him Lu Han. I had to. I-I couldn’t let him d-d-die!” The other was shouting through the phone.

But his brother just got more confused.

“Kai? What does Kai have to do with this?”

“He was dying Lu Han! I-I had to save him…”

“What did you do?”

“…Yixing…”

Lu Han’s eyes widened as that name slipped past his lips. Almost instantly, he ran to the room where the unconscious healer was held. Moving over to him, he placed his hand over Lay’s forehead and cursed when it felt almost blinding hot. Putting the phone next to his ear again, he whispered.

“Kyungsoo… Do you know why Yixing is unconscious?”

“…”

“Kyungsoo…”

“…I-I’m outside. Please help me.”

Instantly hanging up, Lu Han ran outside the house instantly and cursed when he saw his younger brother leaning against the wall. Kyungsoo had his hand over his torso, and there was a large amount of blood.

He ran over, eyes wide.

“What happened?!”

Kyungsoo just shook his head, leaning on Lu Han when he was brought inside. The older brought him to the couch and lay him down as carefully as he could. But he needed some answers. Sitting beside him, he stared at the state his younger brother was in and bit his lip.

This boy obviously knew what was wrong with Yixing.

“Why is Yixing unconscious?” he asked, his voice low. Kyungsoo was heaving a little, but he managed to calm himself down before he spoke.

“…Because of a demon…” he whispered. Lu Han’s eyes bulged.

“What are you talking about? What demon?” He was talking fast, trying to get it out of his brother quickly. Besides, the only person that could really help Kyungsoo right now was the one that was currently unconscious lying on a bed up the stairs. And because of a demon.

“Daehyun. L-Look, Kai was dying… and D-Daehyun has the ability to…” Kyungsoo took a deep breath – he was in quite a lot of pain. “…transform into someone else and use that person’s powers.”

His brother let out a deep sigh. Now he suspected that this demon had obviously taken Lay’s form for his healing powers.

But there were still holes in the story.

“Why is he unconscious? And why are you hurt?”

Kyungsoo closed his eyes to try and focus on something other than the pain. Better to get this quickly over with.

“That’s what happens to the person whose powers are taken away… and a-as for this…” he pointed to the wound placed in his torso. “He was a d-demon… something that I quickly f-forgot.”

Lu Han bit his lip before he instantly stood up and ran to the kitchen.

He had to make sure the other was going to be okay first. Then he’d hit him hard for endangering Yixing’s life.  And he had to assume that this ‘Daehyun’ demon was still in the form of Lay considering the other had yet to wake. Which meant he still had his healing powers. All of this was a dangerous thing. Lu Han knew it; he knew that if a demon continued to have the power to heal everyone, then something bad was bound to happen – if Yixing being knocked out wasn’t enough.

When he returned with a medical kit, he was about to start helping the other when he remembered something pretty crucial. His mouth fell agape before he stared at Kyungsoo and realised how dire the situation was.

“W-What is it?” the younger asked. The expression on Lu Han’s face wasn’t one to be admired.

“Kris is frozen up the stairs.”

“What?!” Kyungsoo shouted, groaning in pain when there was sudden pain in his torso. The other hit him slightly to make him stay still. “Where is everyone else?”

“Up the stairs. Tao had actually managed to completely freeze him. Now they are thinking about how to get Kris to leave without him killing Joonmyun.” Lu Han explained, feeling a little more nervous now that he remembered that there was a demon frozen up the stairs.

The younger couldn’t believe what was happening. This just made the whole situation even worse.

Not only was their healer out of it at the moment, but he wasn’t available at a pretty crucial moment. Biting his lip, he couldn’t stop himself from feeling horribly guilty at the fact that this was his fault.

He should never have trusted a demon.

If there’s one thing he had learned after receiving his powers, is that he could hardly trust humans, never mind demons.

But after Daehyun had healed Kai – like he had said he would – the demon didn’t change. Nope, because that would be the nice thing to do – the decent thing to do and Daehyun was a demon. So after he had healed Jongin, he only smirked and simply bragged about how powerful he felt healing, and he then disappeared into thin air.

Because that’s what demons do. They get and they do not give back.

“Kyungsoo!” Lu Han suddenly shouted, and the younger realised that he had been spacing out. “Wait here. I’ll be right back.”

Lu Han sprinted up the stairs, right into everyone still not saying a word.

Suho was leaning against the wall, his eyes trained on the demon. Chanyeol was staring at Kris too, his hands curled into fists. Sehun was leaning against the doorway, sometimes glancing at the room where Yixing was currently inhabiting. Tao was on the floor sitting against the wall, mumbling incoherently to himself.

Moving over to his baby brother, he looked at him with worry. The other was pale again; so much different from when he left.

“Are you okay Tao?” he asked, but the other didn’t speak. “What is it?” He turned to Chanyeol and the vampire sighed.

But he shrugged his shoulders. Chanyeol honestly didn’t know.

One minute, Tao was leaning against his body, smiling and being proud at what he accomplished, the next he was suddenly frowning and mumbling words to himself.

He then moved to the opposite wall and slid down it, cuddling his knees to his chest.

Zitao had a sudden personality change, and it scared them all.

“Baekhyun said this would happen.” Suho suddenly whispered, and everyone turned to him. “He said he wouldn’t be the same. Maybe all the personality changes are because of what he went through.”

Everyone’s eyes moved to the boy who was now silent. Zitao felt the stares before he looked up and stared at them all.

That’s when he began to see the figure of Kris moving.

But just as he was about to shout that the demon was in fact unfreezing and everyone was about to be in immense, he stopped. The thoughts in his head told him to wait.

All because, the voice in his head told him to wait to see what had happened.

Because it was going to be exciting. To see everyone doing what is necessary to stop him.

Zitao let a smirk fall on his lips. No longer did he feel sad and he stood up suddenly, smirking at them all.

And before anyone could ask what was going on, Suho felt someone’s hands around his neck. A loud chuckling was heard in his ear and the angel completely froze at the feeling of someone pressed up behind him.

“Surprise.”

The sound of something snapping was too common in this household.


A/N: I'm not really keeping the weekly thing up am I? well, my exams start next week, but I only have two so I shouldn't be away long! I'll update soon :D