Episode 2

Darkened Skies and Surprises

Baekhyun lead them into a more secluded room, where the lights were dimmer and there were a lot of ingredients on the shelves, along with apparatus. Each of the other’s looked at each other nervously, wondering if they were doing the right thing – but to Lu Han and Kyungsoo it didn’t matter at all.

They just wanted their brother back; they needed their brother back to continue on with their lives.

The necromancer smiled at them all as he showed them to a long table.

“Right. You ready?” he asked, smirking. Kyungsoo and Lu Han took a deep breath before they both nodded in unison. Baekhyun suddenly felt very excited.

It wasn’t everyday he got to resurrect the dead.

Even if it was his profession.

“Brilliant. I’ll tell you what I’m going to need.” Baekhyun explained.

Everyone was crowded around the table. Suho was very close to Lu Han, his hand on the boy’s waist as if he was protecting him. Yixing was beside Sehun, both of them holding hands, watching the necromancer with suspicion. Kyungsoo was taking deep breaths, ready and prepared to answer all of Baekhyun’s questions. Just the thought of having his younger brother back was making him ready to do everything and anything he needed.

“What do you need?” Kyungsoo asked, determined. The other began taking out some weird ingredients before he answered.

“His name.”

“Huang Zitao.”

“How did he die?” Baekhyun asked, and he saw every single person stiffen at the question. “Oh? It was something big huh?” he wondered, and Kyungsoo sighed before he gave the answer.

“A demon killed him.”

Baekhyun’s eyes widened, and a smirk was created on his lips.

“Which demon?”

“Does it really matter?!” Lu Han suddenly shouted. Suho squeezed his waist and quickly whispered into his ear. They didn’t need the necromancer to be annoyed with them at this point.

Suho rubbed Lu Han’s waist.

“Stay calm.” The other took a deep breath and nodded.

“For this, yes, yes it does.” Baekhyun explained, the smile staying on his lips. Kyungsoo took over again, staying unexpectantly calm in this situation – but someone needed to.

“It was Kris.”

The necromancer grinned.

“Kris?! Really?” he asked, looking like he wanted to jump up and down in complete excitement.

“You know him?” Suho asked, and Baekhyun nodded.

“I’ve done a couple of favours for him.” He explained. Lu Han stiffened again. “But no matter, I have something here that will definitely help.” Baekhyun moved over to one of his shelves and grabbed a vile that was filled with a thick red liquid. Bringing it back, he showed it to them. “So, I need one last ingredient.”

Yixing stared at it, before tilting his head.

“That’s blood.” He whispered, and the other nodded.

“It’s Kris’s blood. And now, I need some of Zitao’s blood.” The necromancer announced.

“Will my blood do?” Kyungsoo wondered, and Baekhyun nodded instantly. He brought up a knife and walked around to Kyungsoo, moving the sharp blade to his arm. Kyungsoo just nodded, clenching his teeth when the metal ran through his skin.

Baekhyun moved over to the table with the bloodied knife and smiled.

“Now, just give me a couple of minutes.”

They all watched as he shoved different ingredients into a cauldron like bowl. Yixing turned to Sehun and saw that the boy was much paler than before. Moving closer, he whispered into his ear.

“Are you okay?” he asked, and the boy just nodded. Lay just hoped that once Zitao is back, Sehun would revert back to his old self.

Suho was continuing to Lu Han’s waist. He could see the other was very suspicious of the necromancer. But there was nothing else they could do. They all needed Zitao back.

Minutes passed, and Baekhyun finally smiled.

“Okay, one last ingredient. I’d step back if I were you.” He whispered, and the others took a couple of step backs away from the long table. “Right.”

Baekhyun hovered Kyungsoo’s bloodied knife over the cauldron, before he began chanting in a very ancient language.

The blood dropped into the cauldron.

And there was a loud bang and smoke covered the room. Each of them began coughing slightly, trying to see clearly again.

“And it’s done.” Baekhyun smirked.

The smoke cleared, and everyone gasped.

On the table, there Zitao’s body lay. His eyes were softly closed, and his mouth was agape a little, his skin pale and his hair shrivelled.

“Tao…” Kyungsoo whispered, but neither of them made a move to get closer.

The necromancer moved to the body instead, and he placed his hand over Zitao’s forehead. He began mumbling again, and all of a sudden, they all heard the boy on the table gasp for air. Zitao’s eyes were stretched open and he was continuing to try and grasp oxygen.

Baekhyun kept his hand on Tao’s head, and his other one was on his chest, trying to keep him down.

“Stay calm Zitao.” He said, but the boy was struggling hard to get up.

“G-G-Get off me!!” Zitao screamed, his arms moving around hard to try and get the other off of him. Looking around, he saw all of his family. “H-Help!” he shouted, and Lu Han suddenly jolted forward.

“What are you doing?!” He asked Baekhyun, and the other suddenly moved his hands away.

Turning around, he sighed.

“I was completing the ritual goddammit.” He swore, before taking steps back. Lu Han moved to Tao and sat him up.

Zitao stared at him in disbelief.

“L-Lu Han?” he whimpered, and the older boy instantly wrapped his arms around the other’s shoulders. Zitao began sobbing into the other’s chest, grasping his shirt to make sure that his older brother was really there. “Oh my god…” he whispered, and Lu Han could feel his own eyes welling up.

Tao’s hair, he whispered soft words into his ear.

Taking a step back, he kept a hold of Tao’s hand.

“W-Where are we?” The young boy asked, looking around the strange place. “What h-h-happened?” the stuttering got worse, and suddenly Tao began feeling his body start to shake.

Lu Han’s eyes widened as he watched Tao’s body tremble and the boy began clutching his head in deep pain.

Kyungsoo turned to Baekhyun and shouted.

“What’s happening?!”

The necromancer sighed before he moved to Lu Han and pushed him out of the way; putting his own two hands on Zitao’s head. Mumbling a few words, he watched as Tao suddenly fell backwards onto the table, eyes closed and breathing even.

Baekhyun sighed and stepped backwards before he looked at the others.

“This happens occasionally.” He whispered, shrugging his shoulders. Lu Han scoffed and glared at him.

What happens occasionally?” Lu Han asked.

“Look at this way…” Baekhyun started before he folded his arms. “Zitao was dead – and for quite a long time too.” He sighed as he glanced at the boy. “It’s going to take him time to get used to being alive again. Besides, his body needs to go through a process of regenerating.”

Kyungsoo nodded along with Lu Han. It kind of made sense. Suho grabbed onto Lu Han’s hand and pulled him back a little.

“Let’s get him home.” Suho whispered.

Sehun and Yixing moved over to Tao and they both touched his arm. Kyungsoo, Lu Han and Suho done the same, and they all waited for Joonmyun to take them back.

Just before they were about to transport out, Baekhyun stopped them.

“Wait.”

“What is it?” Kyungsoo asked, and the necromancer moved over to him.

“Be careful.”

“Of what?”

“Of your brother.”

Kyungsoo’s eyes widened and he gaped a little. Lu Han instantly cut in to the conversation.

“What the hell do you mean?!” he shouted.

The necromancer sighed before he looked over at the unconscious boy on the table. His skin was still so pale, although his breathing was still slightly uneven, and he sighed as he thought of all the consequences reviving the dead had. But it was never his business.

And he didn’t know why he was even telling them the information. But for some reason, he felt like he should.

“Being dead… it changes people.” Baekhyun explained. “Your brother is not going to be the same as before. Maybe he will be one day, but for now, he’ll act different. Because of what he went through, it’s traumatised him.”

Kyungsoo bit his lip at the new information. Yixing sighed as he looked down at the pale boy.

“Just, remember that.”

Suho only nodded and instantly transported them out of the large building.

Baekhyun sighed.

Just as he was about to start putting the ingredients away, he heard a loud bang echo throughout the hall. Turning around immediately, he grabbed a pot off the table and held it defensively.

“Whose there?!” he screamed, looking around the room to see if there was anyone else here. There had to be. A loud noise won’t just happen without someone or something to cause it. “Come on. Stop hiding.” Baekhyun muttered, walking forward cautiously as he continued to glance around.

Just then, he felt a hand on his shoulder. Whisking around, he used the pot in his hand to hit the intruder on the head.

Grinning as he saw a tall man on the floor rubbing his head, he chuckled as he placed his foot on the intruder’s chest before speaking.

“That’s what you get for intruding and trying to scare me.”

“I wasn’t trying to scare you!” The man shouted, pushing Baekhyun’s foot off his chest before he stood up. “Besides, I have no ing clue who you are anyway.” The man said, and Baekhyun scoffed.

“You’re the one in my home.” He muttered, stepping backwards.

Looking at the stranger completely, he chuckled when he realised what was standing in front of. Winking, he suddenly turned around and moved over to one of the windows.

“Morning vampire!” Baekhyun opened the curtains immediately, letting the sun shine through it and directly onto the stranger in his house.

The other loudly hissed and flew backwards, out of the sun. Baekhyun chuckled and moved in front of the window.

“So, vampire, what are you doing here?” he wondered, putting his hands on his hips. The other scowled before standing up properly and moving his hair out of his face. His red eyes were blazing.

“You tell me. I woke up here.”

The necromancer chuckled. But then he replied.

“Then where were you before?” he wondered. The vampire scowled as he tried to think back and answer the question.

Baekhyun was rather enjoying the other having a hard time. But then the other answered him. And the answer that he received made the necromancer gape in response.

“I was being killed by Kris. Wait…” The vampire shook his head a little. “No, I was killed by Kris.”

Then the other’s eyes widened as he placed his hands over his heart.

And his eyes went straight to Baekhyun.

“What the hell did you do?” he asked, pointing an accusing finger at the other. Baekhyun groaned and pouted.

“I did nothing!” Baekhyun shouted before he moved forward. “But… It might have something to do with Huang Zitao.” He whispered. Before he knew it, the vampire had pulled him out of the light and grabbed his shoulders hard.

“What did you do to Tao?!” he shouted.

“What I was asked!” The necromancer shouted back. Pushing the other back, Baekhyun scrunched his eyebrows as he thought about what could’ve happened.

Moving to the table, he looked through the ingredients and sighed.

Nothing appeared out of the ordinary. Then he remembered something that the vampire had said.

“Wait… you said you were killed by Kris right?” he whispered, and the vampire nodded, continuing to glare. “Well, it might have something to do with the blood I used to resurrect Tao.” Baekhyun explained, nodding his head as he thought about Kris’s blood. Maybe because Kris had killed Tao and the vampire near the same time, they were both resurrected.

The vampire’s eyes widened as the information seeped through. Moving forward, he grabbed Baekhyun again and screamed in his face.

“Tao was dead?!”

“Dude, stop. Shouting. Geez.” Baekhyun said, pushing him away again. “What’s your name anyway?” he asked, and the vampire sighed.

“Chanyeol.”

“Ah Chanyeol. Yes, weren’t you Kris’s puppy at one point?” The necromancer asked, winking a little and grinning at how pissed the other looked. “Well Chanyeol, what do you want to do now?” he wondered, and the vampire scoffed.

Of course, Baekhyun knew what the other was going to do.

By the way he worried when Baekhyun told him about Tao he assumed that the vampire and the other were pretty close.

“I need to see Tao.” Chanyeol whispered, and the other chuckled.

“Right. But when you see them again, tell Suho he now owes me two favours for bringing you back as well.” Baekhyun explained, and the vampire just turned around and moved out of the hall. The necromancer sighed and sat down on a chair. “I do too much for people.” He whispered.

Looking around the large hall, he pouted once he heard the door shut.

“I need some company.”

Everyone was silent; all eyes were on the sleeping boy on the bed. Zitao was still breathing a little unevenly, but all in all he looked pretty peaceful. All that was going through everyone’s heads was Baekhyun’s warning.

Who knew what Zitao would be like? Especially after being dead.

Yixing sighed as he watched Sehun gaze at Tao helplessly. Seeing Tao like this wasn’t helping the wolf at all. Putting his hand into the younger’s, he dragged him out of the room immediately.

Sehun looked up at him in confusion, but still, not a single word was said.

“Look, Zitao is going to be perfectly fine, but I need to focus on you.” The healer explained, the wolf looking even more confused. “Why don’t you speak to me Sehun?” he asked, and the other sighed softly. Yixing could see the other looked troubled, and he certainly didn’t want to add to it.

Moving his arms around him, he held him close and pressed a soft kiss to his hair.

“Don’t worry about it.” He whispered.

Sehun nodded and wrapped his arms around the other’s chest. The warmth from the healer made him feel a little better.

Suho was sitting on a chair beside the bed, Lu Han on his lap as they stared at Zitao sleeping. There was silence, until someone suddenly appeared.

Kyungsoo’s eyes widened as he stared at the sudden appearance of the dead vampire.

“Chanyeol?!” he asked, and the vampire took a deep breath.

He was about to reply before he noticed the boy on the bed. Moving around Kyungsoo, he sat on the edge of the bed and just stared at Zitao. The other looked peaceful – but something was wrong.

“How are you alive?” Suho asked, staring at the vampire.

“Something to do with that necromancer.” Chanyeol whispered, his eyes not moving from the other. “He also said you owe him two favours now.”

The angel sighed before he leaned his forehead against Lu Han’s back.

“Why does he look so pale?” The vampire asked, and Kyungsoo sighed.

“I don’t know. Baekhyun said he was going to be different when he woke up, but he didn’t elaborate much.” The boy explained, and Chanyeol sighed. “We’ll just have to wait.”

Lu Han suddenly stood up and he walked out of the room. Everyone’s eyes followed him out, looking confused.

The angel moved up and followed him out of the room. He found Lu Han down the stairs and on the couch. As he walked and sat beside him, he tiled his head a little before speaking.

“What is it?” he wondered, and Lu Han sighed.

“Something about this all… just doesn’t feel right.” The boy explained, and the angel stayed quiet.

Lu Han rubbed his hands together nervously.

“I don’t know how to explain it but…”

“Is it because you brought Tao back?” Joonmyun asked, and instantly Lu Han shook his head.

“No, I needed him back, but…” The boy stared but he didn’t finish. The angel couldn’t possibly imagine how the other was feeling. Lu Han took a deep breath before he closed his eyes and leaned his head on the other’s shoulder. “I hope everything works out.”

Suho the other’s hair softly.

“It will be.”

“Why the hell did you summon me?!” Kris shouted as he stared at the one in front of him. This was not the sort of person to even want to communicate with him, and as far as Kris knew, this was partially forbidden. “You’ve made the wrong choice.” He swore, as he took a few steps forward.

However, when he did, he felt himself become instantly paralysed. It was a like an electric shock ran through his body and he couldn’t move.

The demon growled and glared at the one in front of him.

“What the hell did you do to me?!” he shouted, and the other chuckled darkly before he moved forward.

The light caught his face, and Kris’s eyes grew black.

But he still couldn’t move and the other was still chuckling at his behaviour.

“I need your help.”

Kris scoffed.

“I’m not going to help you.”

“I think you will.” The other said, moving forward and grinning at the other. “Especially when I want you to kill someone for me.” Kris raised an eyebrow and a smirk was placed on his lips.

Although he couldn’t move, the sound of killing someone was amazing to him, even after all these years.

“Who?”

“Joonmyun. I want him dead.”

Yifan began to laugh out loud.

You want him dead? Aren’t you the same kind of beast?”

The other laughed at his choice words.

“He’s a pain in the . I want him dead. Will you do it?” he asked, and Kris smirked before he spoke.

“Of course. What do I call you?”

The angel chuckled and removed the other’s paralysis before speaking and leaning forward.

“Call me Chen.”


A/N: Omg it's been so long! I'll keep the weekly thing going from now on!!! <3