Episode 12

Darkened Skies and Surprises

“So what do you think?” The blonde asked, moving closer to the human boy and letting his fingers softly move over his jaw, staring deeply into his eyes as his mouth held an evil smirk.

The other just moved his head quickly out of the blonde’s hold and scoffed when he heard the other’s question.

“Please, just let me go home.” Zitao whispered, staring back at the demon who sighed.

And Kris just shook his head, looking annoyed.

“You already asked that and I already gave you my answer.” The demon gritted his teeth at the human who wasn’t even thinking about properly answering his question earlier.

Kris had even been kind enough to give him a tour – of hopefully – his new home.

But Zitao continued to be stubborn.

“I won’t stay.” Tao whispered, clenching his fists tightly together. The blonde simply chuckled at the other’s rather brave aura. He definitely had guts – or he really didn’t realise who he was dealing with here. Kris took a deep breath and stepped forward more, placing his fingers underneath the boy’s chin and lifting his head u so they could stare into each other’s eyes.

And he let out a dark and low chuckle before moving forward and brushing their noses together.

“You don’t get a choice.” Kris whispered.

Tao’s face paled and he once again shut his eyes tight, trying to freeze the other.

Just once.

That’s all he needed to do.

When he opened them again, the blonde was still standing there, smirking at him, shaking his head and laughing a little at his attempt.

“Nice try. But you’re stuck down here.” Kris whispered, chuckling as the other’s eyes began tearing up. “You will be for a very long time. But don’t worry.” The blonde began moving around until he was standing behind the boy. “You’ll get used to it, and abide by me.”

The younger bit his lip to keep in any sobs that were threatening to escape as he thought about the chance that he may never see his family again.

He did all he could to ignore the arms that were sliding around his waist and pulling him back.

Kyungsoo gulped as he continued to flick through the pages of the Demon Encyclopaedia, all of them looking so horrible and nasty that they couldn’t possibly exist – but who was he to make such assumptions? Everything else was real, why not these creatures?

Sighing, he hoped as he turned each and every single old page, Kris’s face would appear with some more information and a way to kill him.

He wasn’t entirely dependent on the angel weapon.

As he e of the pages, he stopped suddenly when he heard something crack behind him.

Immediately turning, he froze when he saw no one there. It must’ve just been his imagination.

Kyungsoo tried to ignore the fact that he had felt like someone had been watching him ever since he had set foot into the building. But that was silly – who would be watching him? Shrugging, he sat bag down and delved his head into the book once again.

As he flicked through the pages, he swore he could hear someone breathing rather deeply behind him.

But he didn’t look around.

Kyungsoo knew someone was there. He knew it. And he also knew, that when he turned around, they wouldn’t be there.

Gripping the book, he spoke out rather quietly.

“Just come out.”

A couple of silent seconds passed, before Kyungsoo heard someone let out a soft sigh before they replied to his order.

“Don’t freak out.”

The boy’s eyes widened as the voice slipped passed the stranger’s lips, and kyungsoo realised that this was no stranger at all. His body grew stiff as he heard the other walking past him and sitting at the opposite side of the table.

Taking a deep and controlled breath, his eyes grew dark as he glared at the other who had just joined him.

“Kai.”

The other just nodded, not a smile evident on his lips.

“What are you doing here?” Kyungsoo asked, his hands clenching into fists as he stared at the other who played with him and nearly killed him. Kai sighed.

“I’m not going to apologise. I’m not going to say I regret playing you, because I’m not. The only thing I can do, the only thing that won’t make Kris realise what I’m doing, is that I can show you how to get the weapon you are looking for.” Kai explained, and Kyungsoo stared at him silently, trying to see if he was telling the truth.

“Where is it?” The boy asked, not wanting to converse with the other about anything but the weapon.

As much as he hated to admit it, they could really use Jongin’s help in this, even if he didn’t understand why the other wanted to help him after the big display last time.

“Here.” Kai took a pen from the table and wrote an address on Kyungsoo’s book. “Go here. Be careful, it is guarded.”

The other just nodded, shutting the book and standing up.

“Tha—.” As Kyungsoo was about to thank the other, he stopped himself and shook his head before just turning around and walking away. Kai sighed as he watched the other leave.

There was a time for everything, and now wasn’t the time to make things right.

“You got the location?!” Suho shouted as Kyungsoo spoke. It was impossible for them to find it – they weren’t even looking for the thing!

The other nodded and handed the angel the piece of paper.

Joonmyun’s mouth fell open a little as he stared at the address written on messily on the paper. Looking up at Kyungsoo, he was about to ask where he had gotten it from, but the other seemed rather distant at the moment.

Best to ask later, when all of this is over – or if they ever got the chance.

Nodding, he moved to the basement where Sehun and Yixing where sitting and talking about something.

“Yixing, we got the location of the weapon.”

The healer stood up immediately and ran over to Joonmyun (followed by the eager wolf) and he took a hold of the piece of paper, running his eyes over the text on it.

“Where is that?” he asked and Joonmyun pursed his lips.

“About 50 miles from here.”

Yixing tilted his head and shrugged.

“That’s not far.” Suho only nodded. Yixing looked back at Sehun who was just staring at the piece of paper. “Sehun and I will go.” The healer said, and the angel shook his head almost instantly.

“No, it’s dangerous Yixing.” Suho said, but the healer scoffed.

“We can handle it. Besides, you have to go and figure out something up there.” Yixing explained, ignoring the stubborn look on Suho’s face. “And the other two have to try and find Kris. We will go, and get the weapon.” Yixing took a hold of the paper and grabbed the wolf’s wrist to pull him up the stairs.

Joonmyun groaned and rubbed his head a little before he sighed.

Everyone else was doing their bit, so he guessed he’d have to do his too. He just didn’t look forward to seeing the people that he had basically betrayed when he left.

Closing his eyes, he took a deep breath and focused hard.

In his mind, the light was blinding, it felt like it was burning through his skin – probably because he had been away for too long. Far too long. But he kept on focusing, until he felt his feet land in something different.

Joonmyun opened his eyes slowly, taking a deep breath as he saw he was in a large house that had golden plated ornaments and doors, a white glossy floor, and an amazing feast on a large table.

Just like old times.

Looking around, he took a few cautious steps because he could feel someone was in the room with him.

But he knew they weren’t going to show face so easily.

“May I speak to one of you?” he shouted out a little, not knowing of any other way to call one of the other angels out. Suho was just hoping that the one who was going to come out was one of the ones he knew.

It would make it so much better for both of them. That way he could talk without thinking about getting stabbed in the back.

That – he wouldn’t put it past them at all.

“Please? I need help.” Joonmyun exclaimed again, looking around to see if he could spot someone.

“What are you doing here?”

When Suho heard that voice he clenched his hands tightly into fists and a few curses left his mouth as he heard who it was he had gotten. It wasn’t the best choice ever, and it just made the situation worse.

Turning around, he smiled as best he could and even gave him a slight bow before he answered the question.

“I need help.” He said clearly, and the other chuckled harshly.

“You want my help?” The other said, and Suho tried his best to stay composed.

“Jongdae, please. Someone is going to get hurt if you don’t help me.” He said, looking as serious as he could, but the big smirk on the other angel’s lips was very irritating.

“And why should I care?” Jongdae asked, smiling sickly and tilting his head.

“Because I need to kill Yifan.” Joonmyun explained, and he could see the other grow stiff just by the sound of the demon’s name. “And I have no idea how to do that, so I need your help.” Suho didn’t care if he sounded desperate – that was just because he truly was.

He couldn’t let Tao get hurt by Yifan, and he was going to do everything in his power and will to stop it.

Jongdae released an annoyed sigh before he looked up at Joonmyun.

“…” he didn’t say anything and Suho groaned.

“Please, just help.” Suho said quickly. If he stayed up here any longer not getting anywhere, this was going to be of no help whatsoever. The other angel sighed and moved up shrugging his shoulders.

“Sorry.”

Suho stared at him with wild eyes.

“There has to be something you can do.” He said, and Jongdae sighed once again.

“Look, why don’t you let me look into it, and I’ll get back to you.”

This was why Joonmyun didn’t want to deal with him. He knew it was going to be like this. He knew that it was a waste of time coming up here.

“You don’t understand. Tao will die.” Suho exclaimed, moving forward with his face reddening out of pure anger.

But Jongdae laughed.

He ing laughed.

“What the hell are you laughing for?!” The boy shouted, but the other just continued to laugh more and more, and Suho was getting very angry.

“Why should I care? Why should I care about this ‘Tao’? Kris is your problem to start with. Deal with it yourself.” The angel said before turning on his heels and walking through the opposite door, leaving Joonmyun standing there in disbelief that he now had to leave with absolutely nothing.

Taking a deep breath, he moved to the table and just stared. He continued to stare, until anger got the better of him and he lifted his foot, smashing it against the table and breaking a piece off.

His chest was heaving up and down, but he was just so angry.

There had to be someone he could talk to.

“Okay, so this is where the weapon is?” Sehun asked, getting out of the passenger seat before standing next to Yixing who could only nod and stare up in awe at the building they were standing in front of.

Sehun just nodded and looked up to before he turned back to the other.

“If things get rough… I’ll protect you.” The wolf whispered, staring up sincerely into the healer’s eyes, who just smiled.

“Thank you Sehun.” Yixing whispered, moving down and kissing him softly.

When they separated, Sehun looked away and blushed before moving forward first – which the older found completely adorable and quickly jogged up to walk beside the younger wolf.

As they moved to the entrance of the building, they hesitated when they saw someone standing directly in front of the door.

And he looked rather muscular.

Gulping silently, Yixing moved up first – since he was by far the better talker out of the two – and he gave the guardian a rather shaky smile before he began to (hopefully) negotiate his way into the building to acquire the weapon (that hopefully no one else knew was there).

“Um, good afternoon.” Yixing started, and the muscular guy stood up straight and folded his arms over his chest, emphasising the muscles on his arms. “I would like to acquire entrance into the building.” He asked, explaining as kindly and as properly as he could.

Sehun was just lingering behind him, his eyes gazing over the bodyguard’s body and shivering at the thought of having to fight him.

The man tilted his head a little, before he finally spoke.

“Why do you want in?” he asked, his voice deep and authoritive.

“We are in need of something inside.” The healer explained, not wanting to get to specific.

The other grinned.

“Oh? Then of course, go right ahead.” Stepping to the side, he opened the door and motioned for Yixing to step inside. Sehun took a hold of Yixing’s wrist and gripped on tightly – he didn’t like any of this.

Yixing was in no mood to think about why he was being let in so easily.

As they moved in, the door behind them was slammed shut but they just continued – they had to just continue.

Everything was silent, but little lights around the walls brightened up the place.

It allowed them to see what was in the room. There was a lot of glass cases on pedestals, and Yixing presumed that artefacts where kept inside each of them, which was when he began hoping that this angel weapon was clearly marked.

Because he certainly had no idea what it looked like, and there was no chance Sehun was going to either.

“Sehun, just look around for it.” Yixing ordered, and the other nodded, stalking off in a different direction.

The healer moved forward, looking over the glass cases, checking thoroughly – but quickly – for this dagger. Lay his dry lips before he heard Sehun shout over in a loud voice.

“I think I’ve found it!” he shouted, and Lay was quick to sprint over.

As he joined him, he looked in the glass case and saw the inscription:

                                                ‘Angelic Dagger of the Sky’

This had to be it.

Sehun glanced around again, noticing that still, no one was in the room with them, and so he supposed that they should just take it. At least that way, they wouldn’t have to fight anyone.

Moving his hands forwards, he pressed his fingertips to the fragile glass and slowly lifted the glass box up.

As he did, Yixing heard the whole plan blow up in their faces.

Because that sound that echoed through the hall was an alarm, and that swarm of footsteps notified that a lot of people were surrounding them, and it was ten against two.

They weren’t getting out of this so easily.


A/N: A little shorter than usual, but only one more episode to go until the end of series one! Look forward to a big finale that will (hopefully) blow yours socks off! <3