Episode 6

Darkened Skies and Surprises

Warning: Violence.


Lu Han looked around the airport, frowning because he really had no idea what this Joonmyun was going to look like so he didn’t know when he’d find him. Maybe Joonmyun knew what he was going to look like; even if that was going to be a bit creepy because he didn’t know how he’d know that. Maybe Lay had shown him a picture. But then again, Lu Han didn’t remember any pictures being taken by Yixing at all.

Tapping his foot, he looked around.

Well done Yixing, didn’t even get a plane number.

The boy moved over to one of the seats and sat down, continuing to look around to see if someone was searching around as well.

Ten minutes passed, and Lu Han was real close to calling Lay and cursing at him before leaving.

Just when he got up, he felt someone tap his shoulder, making him flinch.

When he turned around, he was faced with a shorter man who had an angelic face and was smiling at him with a kind smile. The man was holding onto a large suitcase whilst another duffle bag on his back.

“Hey, Lu Han, right?” the man asked.

Lu Han twitched nervously a little before he forced a smile onto his lips.

“Joonmyun?” he said, and the man nodded.

“Call me Suho.”

“Right…”

“Shall we go then?”

Lu Han only nodded, not really wanting to ask him questions until he had both Suho and Lay in one room so he moved back to the car he took here, and got into the driver’s seat immediately.

Suho got in comfortably, placing his things in the back before he turned to Lu Han again as the other began to drive.

“So, how are you dealing?” he asked, and the other frowned.

“What are you talking about?” the driver asked, trying to stay focused on the road as well as Joonmyun’s conversation starter.

“Your powers of course.” Suho said.

“Right, um, can we talk about this when we get to mine?”

“Oh, sure.”

Lu Han let out a sigh of relief as the other stopped talking and he concentrated on the road again as Suho kept his end of the deal and he stayed quiet. Both of them were in a rather awkward atmosphere as they drove down to his own house, and Lu Han was ready to have a rather big ‘talk’ with both Joonmyun and Yixing about his powers.

Kyungsoo bit his lip as he looked around the supermarket, wondering what he should get, pushing the trolley around the store. Moving along, he was desperately trying to pick between what flavour of ice cream he should get for those back home and himself.

Just as he was about to move his hand towards the vanilla, someone else’s hand grabbed his wrist.

“Don’t pick the boring one.”

The boy rolled his eyes as he knew that very familiar voice.

“Jongin… what are you doing here?” Kyungsoo asked as he struggled out of the other’s hold and turned around to face the boy who had a mischievous smirk on his lips as he stared at him.

The other shrugged his shoulders.

“The same as you I would suppose.” Kai said, smiling as he leaned on the trolley that Kyungsoo had.

“Okay, so, you go do your thing, and I will continue to do mine.” Kyungsoo replied, smiling at him sarcastically before he turned back to the ice cream and picked up the vanilla ice cream and dropped it into the trolley before he moved away from the other.

But he had a feeling that he was going to get followed.

Because that was so typically Kai, and he hates the fact that he knew that considering he didn’t know Jongin that well at all.

When he moved into the next aisle, he could hear the other begin to strike up some more conversation.

“So, Kyungsoo, kicked anyone’s lately?” Kai asked, moving up behind the other and putting one of his arms around the other’s waist, walking beside him and making it look like they were a couple.

The other groaned as he tried hard to ignore the searing part of skin on him that Kai was touching.

“No.” Simple and blunt answers should be able to push the other away.

Hopefully.

But most probably not because it was never that easy.

“Want to go on another date with me?” Kai asked, pulling the other to a stop as he stared into the boy’s eyes.

Kyungsoo shook his head sternly.

“No, Kai, I’m trying to shop here, and I’d rather be doing it alone.” He murmured, trying to move his waist to get the other away from him. But Kai kept his place and moved his mouth to the other’s neck.

Kissing it lightly, he smiled.

“Please? If you say yes, I’ll leave now.” Jongin whispered, and Kyungsoo sighed and stared back at him.

Pursing his lips, he spoke quietly.

“You’ll leave?” he asked, and Jongin nodded. Sighing, he spoke again. “Fine.”

Kai grinned.

“Great! I’ll see you later Kyunggie.” The boy moved to the other’s lips and pecked them before he his heels and left the aisle, leaving Kyungsoo standing their frozen.

Kyungsoo sighed and turned back.

Stupid Jongin.

Zitao was still frozen on the spot his feet were on.

Nothing inside of him was working anymore, and he couldn’t will himself to just turn around and walk away. But no, the other’s gaze held him still. The man with the red eyes didn’t express any emotion, so there was just silence around them, terrifying silence.

That’s when he began to hear some voices.

Every nerve in him was sent into panic mode, and when he finally regained control over his limbs, he seeked cover behind a large box, and he carefully watched as two other men entered the room.

They seemed to be carrying a tray full of…

Raw meat?

Tao winced in disgust as he watched the men throw the two pieces of red meat into the chained up man’s mouth, making him gurgle it down. When they finished, they seemed to run out of the room and shut the door again.

Tao came back out.

He watched as the chained man chewed through the meat tremendously fast and was eating it like an animal. Watching it, was rather stomach-turning. Zitao bit his lip as he looked away.

He stayed like that until he heard the other speak.

“Come here.”

Tao looked up and noticed that the man now had raw blood covering his face.

“I said, come here.”

The control over his limbs left him once again, and he moved over to the man chained up unwillingly, stopping right in front of him so there were mere inches apart.

“Who are you?” the man asked, his voice deep and his eyes glistening in curiosity.

“T-Tao.” The boy replied, not knowing why he was doing everything the other asked of him, but it was like he wasn’t able to control it at all. The man glared at him before he spoke again in his deep and raspy voice.

“Why are you here?”

The boy was trembling inside. He felt terrified.

But once again, he couldn’t stop himself from answering.

“I-I don’t know. I don’t know wh-where I am. I don’t know who… who you are.”

After he explained, it seemed like the man was glancing at him to check if he was lying or not, his face relaxing after a long look.

“Then help me get out.” The other said.

Tao froze again. Looking around at the chains, they seemed to be locked tight. Even more than necessary as if this stranger had the power to break free from them if they were even slightly unhinged. The man stared at him, his red eyes continuing to glow in the dim dark.

The boy had no choice.

Moving over to one of the chains, he looked around to see what could be done to get them loose.

Glancing around the room, he noticed a steel crowbar.

“That’ll work.” The man suddenly said, breaking the other’s silence.

Tao nodded and moved over to the crowbar, picking it up and walking over to the chain where it met the wall, hitting it hard to try and at least loosen it up. Just as he continued to hit it, he could hear voices outside of the door.

“. They’re here.”

Zitao flinched as the door was smashed open and the previous two men entered, scowls on their faces and weapons in their hands.

“Don’t move!” They shouted, and Zitao’s fear rose.

Looking at the man, he looked as helpless as ever. When he saw the men approaching him with guns ready to shoot, he clenched his fists together and shut his eyes tightly, hoping to God his power worked.

Opening them, he noticed the soldiers had frozen.

Moving over to them, he grabbed their guns and flung them to the side before continuing to get the red-eyed man free. The chains were loose, but there was one problem.

If he unfroze the man, the soldiers were going to move as well, leaving him defenceless. All Zitao could hope for was that the stranger was as strong as he sounded.

Moving backwards, he hid behind the box again and closed his eyes, willing for time to start. And when it did, he crouched into a ball when he heard blood-curling screams – that certainly wasn’t from the man chained up. When everything was silent, he stood up and looked.

A silent gasp left his lips.

Blood. Blood was everywhere. The soldiers were dead, the man was now free.

“Come here.” The man ordered, and Tao felt his limbs move on their own once again, and suddenly he was standing right in front of the stranger who had blood covering his lips and neck. “Well done. I owe you my life.” The man said before he bent down and took a cloth from one of the savaged soldiers, and he wiped his mouth clean as best as he could.

Tao just watched silently.

The man smiled before he turned to the boy who was as pale as a ghost.

“You look… frightened.” The man commented, and Tao resisted the urge to scoff.

“You… killed them, so easily…” he whispered, staring down at the bodies who weren’t moving at all, who looked like they died painfully and rather slowly if that was possible. “H-How…?” he asked, looking back up to the other, flinching when he saw how close the other’s face was to his own.

The man chuckled.

“Want me to tell you?” he asked, but Tao didn’t say a word. As he waited for the other’s explanation, Tao’s eyes widened when he felt the other’s lips on his own, and Tao swore he could taste blood, real human blood on his own tongue now.

His limbs contracting again, he could only wait until the other had finished kissing him.

When the man pulled away, he grinned.

“Taste that? That’s how I killed them.”

Tao looked at him extremely confused.

“You… kissed them?” he asked, and the other laughed grimly.

“I out all of their blood.”

The other’s eyes widened as he stared down at the soldiers, and took a closer look at them. Their faces looked extremely pale, and their necks looked like they had been ripped apart.

Looking back up, his lips began to tremble.

The man chuckled as he moved forward.

“Get me out of here, I’ll tell you everything you need to know.” As he turned around to the door where Tao came through, the boy suddenly grabbed his wrist and stopped him instantly.

The stranger rose an eyebrow at him.

“Y-Your… name.” Tao whispered, and the other chuckled.

“Call me… Chanyeol.”

Joonmyun got out of the car at the same time as Lu Han, and they moved into the front door; where Lay was waiting to greet them. When Lay and Suho saw each other, they both grinned and moved to hug the other, patting the others back before letting go.

“Glad to see you made it okay.” He said, and Suho nodded.

“I found Lu Han easy.” He commented, and that’s when Lu Han remembered exactly what he wanted to talk about.

“Okay, can we go into the living room to talk?” he asked, and the other two nodded simultaneously. As they sat in the living room, Lu Han sniffed a little, covering his nose immediately. “Oh my god, what is that?” he asked, and Yixing sighed before he explained.

“Well… Sehun and I managed to get him to transform again.” Lay said, smiling at the progress they had made in a few short hours. It seemed to work if Sehun really concentrated… and if there was a bit of meat in it for him, but he didn’t want to tell the other that, for the moment at least. “But then he got outside… and let’s say… managed to find a few snacks to bring in the house.”

Lu Han’s eyes widened and his mouth fell agape.

He looked furious.

“He. Did. What?!” he shouted, standing up but the healer did so instantly.

“Calm down. We can discuss that later, but right now, you wanted to talk to us about something?” Yixing commented, trying to change the subject so that Lu Han would get off Sehun’s back.

For now at least.

“…Right.” Lu Han whispered. “How did Suho know what I looked like?” he asked, and Yixing nodded, knowing that it was a pretty simple question that he was bound to be curious about.

Suho smiled at Lay, taking the question himself.

“Actually, I have a picture of you. Not your brothers, just you.”

Lu Han’s face paled again.

“…Creepy much?” he said, looking like the other was a crazed stalker. Yixing shook his head.

“No, it’s—“

“Yixing.” Suho warned, and he continued. “Actually, we used to go to the same high school.”

Lu Han tilted his head in confusion.

“But I’ve never met you.” Suho chuckled.

“I know, but I have the yearbook, showing you in it. I was… a quiet boy, in your year though, but I never really hung out with anyone special.” Joonmyun explained, smiling at the other whilst he crossed one of his legs over the other before continuing. “That’s how I knew what you looked like, I need to say, I was surprised when Yixing gave me your name.”

The older sighed.

“Right, I guess, that’s normal…” Lu Han whispered.

Suho smiled, glad to have fixed that. Yixing sighed in relief that Lu Han wasn’t going to go all ‘crazy-woman’ on Joonmyun, he had to know that Suho was an ally. As he was about to stand up and fetch Sehun, they all heard the door opening.

“That must be Kyungsoo.” Yixing said before moving to the door to greet the middle brother.

But that wasn’t who he got.

“Tao?” he whispered as he watched the youngest move in, with someone treading right behind him on his heels. “Whose this?” he asked, but Zitao shook his head, gripping onto the stranger’s hand as he led him to the living room, sitting down on the couch with Chanyeol right beside him.

Yixing frowned as he moved back to his previous space.

Lu Han and Suho glanced at each other weirdly.

“Uh Tao, who is this?” Lu Han asked, and Tao sighed, not letting go of the other’s hand because he felt that if he did, something bad would happen, just like when he lost control over his limbs.

Tao his lips before speaking.

“This is Chanyeol. I found him… chained up, held prisoner by these soldiers.”

Yixing frowned.

“Where did you find him?” he asked.

“…Something weird happened when I left this morning. The streets… they were empty, everything was so lifeless, I didn’t know what to do, but when I got to my work, I saw this medieval door and when I walked through it, Chanyeol was there, waiting for my help.”

After he explained, Lu Han scowled slightly in suspicion.

That’s when he noticed the stranger’s peculiar feature.

“Tao… his eyes.” He whispered, and Tao glanced at Chanyeol’s eyes out of habit.

“I know…”

Suho suddenly felt a shudder of fear fall down his spine, and he had a feeling something was deadly wrong. Standing up, he opened his bag and grabbed something out of it.

Everyone’s eyes widened when they saw exactly what it was.

“What the ?!” Zitao shouted, standing up as he saw the handgun placed in Suho’s hand. “Who the hell is this?!” he shouted, eyes going wild. Yixing gulped as he stood up.

“This is Suho, but Suho, what are you doing?!” he asked, clearly worried.

Lu Han watched as Suho’s lips were trembling, and he realised that he wasn’t pointing the weapon at his brother at all, he was actually pointing at his brother’s companion who held a smirk on his lips.

Standing up, he moved towards Suho and stood slightly behind him.

It baffled Tao.

“Lu Han? What are you doing?” he asked, but his older brother stayed silent and didn’t say a word.

Chanyeol suddenly stood up and gripped onto Tao’s waist, placing the younger boy in front of him as he lay his head on his shoulder.

Suho’s eyes turned angry.

“Get the hell away from him Tao!” he shouted, knowing that he certainly didn’t have a clear shot when the other was in front of him, and he wasn’t about to shoot at Zitao.

Yixing gulped.

However, he knew that Joonmyun wouldn’t act like this if something wasn’t right with the situation.

“Suho, who is he?” he asked, clenching his fists together.

Chanyeol grinned.

“A vampire.”

Zitao’s face turned paler, but in a way, he knew exactly that anyway. The way Chanyeol devoured the raw meat – it was obviously to keep him alive as he was imprisoned. The way he seemed to follow everything that Chanyeol asked him to do, and the way he tasted like blood. The soldier’s throats were ripped apart, obviously by Chanyeol – there was no one else in the room.

So Chanyeol was a vampire.

And such things existed.

Turning his head, he saw Chanyeol smile rather kindly at him as he held onto his waist tighter. The man moved to his ear and whispered.

“Don’t leave me.”

Tao felt all control leave him once again as he turned back to the other three, shaking his head.

“I’m not moving.”

Lu Han’s eyes widened before they all flinched when they heard the sound of a bullet going off, and a body dropping to the floor.


A/N: Hope you enjoyed this weeks episode! Subscribe, comment and upvote! <3