SEASON 3

Darkened Skies and Surprises

And here is the first episode of Season 3! I want to welcome Smiggletastic who has co-operated with me in giving me ideas :) 


SEASON 3

A whole month passed since the big incident involving a particularly horrible and strong demon that wanted to assassinate Joonmyun in the name of Chen – an ex-angel who is now currently deceased – yet the tension in the household hadn’t even begun to become lower. The only good thing that had come out of the entire situation was the fact Zitao had come back.

But even that was straining ever since the first day. Zitao had had a very hard time talking to anyone else in the house because of the guilt that lay in his heart, the guilt that forced him to think about him betraying his family in every single thought. Even with the rest of the house telling him it was okay, he couldn’t deny it was selfish.

And he couldn’t deny that he undoubtedly missed Kris as well. No matter who he was. Also, he was sure that he was having a good effect on Kris, even if it was only slightly – Kris still took him back - that had to mean something.

Whenever he brought it up though (and it took a lot of time to pick up the courage) they simply told him Kris didn’t matter anymore.

Also that they’d take him out when he came back.

Zitao never really got the chance to say that he thinks Kris might not be super evil anymore. Besides, he wasn’t sure if it was a good idea to say he may or may not have gotten a little crush on the demonic being.

Another problem was that Lu Han was positively sure that something had happened with Joonmyun that he didn’t know about. He could recall that every time he brought it up, the angel would simply say nothing happened and walk away. Which just made it sound even more suspicious.

And Lu Han knew it had something to do with Yixing. But nothing could encourage him to confront them.

It was difficult being the powerful and strong one in the family but not being able to confront his boyfriend about the possibility of something going on. Lu Han wasn’t that strong. But he was prepared to believe nothing happened. At least for now.

Sehun was also another problem. The way he ran out right after Guk was killed made everyone worried. Especially since he was not yet residing in the house again.

They had had contact with the wolf however.

Right after he ran out, Yixing had asked Lu Han to go after him, whilst he had other things to take care of. Of course, Lu Han had ultimately wondered why the wolf’s own boyfriend didn’t want to take the time to go after him. However, Lu Han did do as he was asked and he actually did find him.

Sehun ran and ran. He didn’t want to face anyone, he didn’t want to talk to anyone, and all he wanted to do is be alone. Rain started pouring hard and heavy but Sehun couldn’t care any less. He stopped soon enough, plopping down on a sidewalk. Nobody was walking around, it was silent. The rain began to soak into his hair, his shirt sticking to his body. His breath was uneven, and he couldn’t feel anything besides the throbbing pain present in his heart.

One sight of Yixing’s lips did it for Sehun. He felt betrayed, played with and mostly… hurt. It hurt like nothing else he had ever felt before. Ruffling his damp hair, it fluffing for a few seconds, Sehun let out a small sigh before the rain began to flatten it again.

Sehun looked up into the sky, watching as grey clouds took over the once blue sky.

“Sehun? Where are you?!”

The boy looked around for the mysterious voice but he couldn’t see anyone.

“Sehun?” He heard the voice again. Looking everywhere, he didn’t see anyone until he spotted a figure walking around in the rain. “Sehun!” The other shouted again and when the boy turned around, Sehun spotted those bright eyes.

He had his hair stuck to his forehead, the rain obviously had done its job on his clothes as they were sticking to him like a second skin. His cheeks were flushed red, probably from the bitter cold air.

“Lu Han?” As Sehun spoke, the boy turned around and sighed in relief.

“Sehun! Thank god, you’re safe! I was looking everywhere for you.” Lu Han exclaimed, coming up to the boy, sitting next to him. “Yixing asked me to look for yo—…”

“Don’t ever mention that name again.” When Sehun interrupted him, the tone heard in his voice scared him.

“What’s wrong?” Lu Han asked. Sehun stood up, covering his face as his anger rose.

“Leave it alone Lu Han.” Sehun muttered, his tone cold. Lu Han stood up as well, staring at the boy, no waning to leave the wolf alone in such a state. Even he could clearly see something was hindering the boy and there was no way he was actually going to ‘leave it alone’.

Moving forward a little, he watched as Sehun was still covering his face, trying to calm himself down.

“…Sehun, what is it?” Lu Han repeated himself, this time more sternly. Sehun glared at Lu Han until he felt a throbbing in his head.

He gripped his head, letting a small moan leave his lips in pain.

“Sehun, are you alrigh—…” He was cut off again.

“Leave me alone!”

Sehun got down on his knees, holding his head in agony.

“Go away Lu Han!” Lu Han didn’t take the advice though, he only moved closer. Sehun’s whole body began to shake, forcing Lu Han to freak out immediately as he saw the severe pain visible on the younger boy’s face.

The boy didn’t know what to do.

“Sehun, calm down!” Lu Han tried, holding the boy’s shoulder but he was instantly pushed off forcefully. The younger groaned, his eyes turning blood red all of a sudden as his clothes began to rip and tear into pieces from his body changing form. “S-Sehun?” Managing one word, Lu Han felt the fear rise up in his body. However, Sehun couldn’t hear a thing.

His claws came out sharp, the fur was of the deepest black – the rain making it seem scarier. Sehun couldn’t feel anything or hear anything. All he could smell was the stench of fear.

Turning around and putting his attention on Lu Han, the other boy’s eyes widened.

“Sehun, stay back!” Lu Han took a few steps back, his eyes constantly on the beast in front of him. The black wolf followed his steps by moving forward.

The wolf lunged itself towards Lu Han, the boy letting out a scared scream before dodging the attack skilfully. He looked around everywhere for anything he could use as defence, spotting some random clay pots on the ground, using his telekinesis to lift them up and hurling them towards the wolf.

Each and every one missed the beast, even with precise attack.

Sehun growled once again before running straight towards the boy, smashing into his legs and forcing him to fall to the ground with a loud thud. The wolf got on top of him, snarling.

The wolf instantly used his claws to slice through Lu Han’s arm which was used to defend his face.

“…Sehun!” Lu Han cried out, feeling the blood seep out of his arm. Three deep slashes went across the pale skin. Tears fell down Lu Han’s eyes, the pain excruciating. It made Lu Han feel powerless, weak. “Stop Sehun!” Lu Han tried pushing the wolf off of him.

The wolf was stronger than ever. Stronger than before, more wild, more ruthless.

The witch cried out in pain, his strength beginning to weaken. Lu Han’s tears continued to fall down his cheeks, landing on the fur of the wolf, his blood falling to the ground.

A miracle happened.

Lu Han’s cold tears snapped something in Sehun and he stared down at the boy, the wolf’s teeth not on show anymore. Its eyes moved towards the blood, watching it continue to fall. Sehun’s breath turned normal and the realisation hit him hard.

He slowly changed back, his eyes turning his usual brown colour, the black fur turning into the pale skin of his normal self.

Sehun still hovered over Lu Han who had finally gave up with trying to be strong and simply laid there panting, bleeding slowly. The boy shook his head in guilt once before looking down at the other.

“Lu Han… I-I’m so sorry…” He cried out, before sitting next to the boy, covering his face in shame and regret. Lu Han sat up slowly, the pain still horrible but there was other things to think about. Wrapping his good arm around the boy straddling him, he felt the other become still before he accepted the hug and lay his own head on Lu Han’s shoulder.

“It’s okay Sehun… It’s okay.” Lu Han patted Sehun’s back, now not caring about his pain, not until Sehun’s own was gone.

They both sat hugging in the rain and mud, waiting.

Lu Han did not return with Sehun. When Yixing asked him why, all he could say was that Sehun didn’t want to come home and he wasn’t going to force him. He made sure that Sehun was okay, that he was alright and not going to change without permission again. But he wasn’t going to drag him home. Yixing didn’t actually seem too bothered about it.

Well, not bothered enough to not have brought him up in conversation for an entire month. No one spoke about him actually.

Yixing and Joonmyun talked a lot more in private. Most of the other housemates decided it was about work and about the angels since everything was going crazy in that world. Lu Han was suspicious enough, but decided to focus on his youngest brother instead to try and help him get through whatever was going on.

Kyungsoo was actually getting through alright. Everything was getting hectic with everyone else but he was actually getting some peace and quiet. His powers were under control and he had gotten a job as well.

A job as an assistant to the editor in chief at a newspaper. How he got the job was due to a quiet little degree he had gotten at University that he never told anyone about – journalism. Kyungsoo was interested in it, and now this time he even got to write some articles on the news of the world.

His boss wasn’t that bad either – the guy was actually a nice person considering the quality of the job.

It was the only thing in the house that was calm.

Everything else was just chaotic.

The youngest witch was currently sitting on his bed, knees curled up to his chest with his head delved into his legs, keeping out the light. It wasn’t that he was particularly feeling bad, it was just he felt a migraine coming on and the light coming from the window was bothering him a little. Letting out a small groan, he decided to just think.

But even thinking was forcing him to realise how messed up the entire year had been. It was disastrous.

And all that came out of it was he was a little more in control of his power.

Zitao didn’t feel like talking to his brothers because all he felt when he looked at them was guilt. Whenever he looked at Joonmyun and Yixing it was the exact same thing – especially the angel.

Watching Joonmyun was hard. After a while of thinking he was dead, Zitao had learned to deal with that feeling but now, he was alive, and he knew Zitao just let him be murdered. And the way Joonmyun looked at him didn’t help his gut either. It wasn’t a nice expression at all. He didn’t know whether the other meant it or if it was just a natural expression, but it didn’t help Zitao’s feeling at all.

Standing up suddenly, he moved over to the window and shut the curtains immediately, sighing a little.

All of a sudden, he felt another presence in the room.

Turning around, he saw someone standing there that he hadn’t seen in a while. When he took a step forward, he looked at the taller boy and smiled. It was nice to see a friendly face he hadn’t seen in a very long time.

Considering how he had no idea where he had went anyway.

Almost instantly, he wrapped his arms around the taller’s shoulders and just held the other close, not speaking a word. The other hugged Tao as well.

“It’s good to see you again Zitao.”

“You too Chanyeol.”

Both of them moved backwards and smiled at each other. It was like two friends reuniting after years.

“Why are you here?” Zitao wondered, moving his hands down and linking them with Chanyeol’s. The vampire let a smile appear on his lips before he kept a hold of Zitao’s hands.

“I heard you were back again, sorry I took so long to come see you.” Chanyeol explained, rubbing the other’s hands.

“It’s alright…” It was just good to see the other. “Where have you been?”

The vampire was a little confused that no one had told Zitao that he was taken as part of the deal with Baekhyun. But then again, he hadn’t had communication with any of the people in the house so they probably all forgot about him.

Chanyeol took a hold of Zitao’s hand and brought him to the bed.

Even with just being here for a few minutes, he could tell that Zitao was under some serious pressure from something. And he might be able to use a new listener.

The younger looked up at the vampire and smiled.

“So, where have you been?” He repeated the question again.

“With the necromancer that brought you back to life. He took me as one of his favours for bringing you back.” Chanyeol explained it all, looking at the confusion on the boy’s face with a little humour on his own. Apparently Zitao didn’t know a single thing which meant he hadn’t had a heart to heart with his family yet. “Um, anyway, how are you feeling?”

“I’m… okay I suppose.” The boy whispered, just staring at both of their hands entangled as it was giving him some sort of peace of mind. He knew that Chanyeol wasn’t judging him.

At least someone wasn’t.

“Hmm…” The vampire let out a small hum. “Aren’t you glad you’re back with your family again?”

That was the ultimate question.

Was he happy? Was he not? Zitao sighed and let go of Chanyeol’s hand, standing up and began to pace.

“…No, I’m not.”

“Why not?” Chanyeol asked softly, he wasn’t going to pass judgement. Especially considering he was a vampire and he was sleeping with a necromancer. “You can tell me.”

Zitao turned to him and bit his lip. That’s when he decided to tell him.

To finally tell someone what he was thinking.

“Well… I-I miss Kris.” Even Chanyeol’s eyes widened at the statement. “I miss everything about him. The… the way he made me feel – the adventure, the excitement, the… evil, I miss it all.” Zitao finished and he stared down at his feet, hearing it come out was even worse than he thought it would sound. It felt like he was a needy brat.

Missing that sense of evil made him feel worse. That was why he had betrayed his family, and even in his thoughts, he wanted to do it again.

Chanyeol suddenly stood up and walked over to him.

Grabbing Zitao’s hands, he held them to his own chest and sighed. It was hard to be convenient in this situation, it was hard to be supportive. But he knew that he had to be, considering it sounded like Zitao’s family wasn’t.

“Zitao, evil is enticing, trust me.” Chanyeol whispered, besides, it wasn’t like he was the epitome of good. In fact, he’d place himself in the evil category.

Zitao stayed silent.

“But… you have to fight it. Your true place is with your family.” The vampire whispered, tightening his grip. “…That however, doesn’t mean you should forget about… Kris.”

That certainly made the witch perk up a little. He looked confused but he didn’t want to say anything until he had thought everything through.

“Just… talk to your brothers Zitao, they’ll listen.”

“…What if they don’t?” Zitao asked, his voice sounding vulnerable and weak. “What if they judge me?”

“Trust them Zitao.” the other’s hair, he sighed. “But if you ever need to talk to me again, you can find me at the necromancer’s place, just ask Suho how to get there.” Chanyeol moved down and pressed his lips against Zitao’s cheek, kissing him softly before he hugged him once more. “I’ll see you later Zitao, remember, I’m always there for you.”

Once the vampire had disappeared immediately, Zitao sighed and turned around, moving out of his room to go look for his brothers. It was time to talk to them about what he wanted.

There was no time for games anymore.

In the living room, Yixing and Joonmyun were sitting on the couch in a private conversation whilst his two brothers were on the other one, watching their television. Moving forward, he tapped Kyungsoo on the shoulder, forcing everyone else’s attention on himself.

They were surprised to see him out of his room.

Kyungsoo immediately stood up and stared at his younger brother, forcing a smile onto his face as he spoke.

“What is it Tao?” He asked, Lu Han stood up as well.

“I… need to talk to you guys.”

The other two glanced to each other and nodded. Zitao let out a small sigh, it was time to tell them the truth, to tell them everything he had just told Chanyeol.

“What do you want?”

Kris stared at the other and moved towards the desk beside him, letting his fingers slide across the desk as he stared at the demon in front of him. Taking a deep breath, he picked up a sharp and dark looking blade before playing around with it in his hands. Staring at the demon who was getting more and more impatient with him, he chuckled.

“You were always disobedient and impatient.” Kris muttered, moving forward and slightly intimidating the other with the weapon in his hand. “I’ve got a task for you. Something that only you can do.”

“Oh really? And why would I agree to it?” The demon said, ignoring the sword.

“Because the reward is far greater than the task.”

“Yeah?” It seemed to have perked the other’s interest. “What exactly is the task that you want me to do?”

Kris placed the sword down and stared at the other.

“I need you to drive Zitao away from his brothers…” Just the sound of the boy’s name made the demon shiver a little. The inhuman thing in front of him chuckled before he tilted his head and tapped his chin, a smirk lying on his lips as he knew exactly who Zitao was.

Moving forward, the other demon stepped up to Kris and chuckled. Kris tried to resist attacking.

He needed him.

“Oh? Still infatuated with the witch?”

“None of your business. Will you do it?” Kris asked, staring deep into the eyes of the other.

“…I suppose…”

“If you do it, Jackson, I’ll give you the one thing you’ve always wanted.” Kris said, taking a step closer and facing up with the demon in front of him. The other chuckled and he placed his hand on Kris’s shoulder, smirking.

He was far too close for Kris’s liking.

“What would you like me to do to drive them apart?” He asked, titling his head and infuriating the other even more.

“Do what you do best. Just do not touch Zitao.”

“…Deal.”


A/N:  .... Hi everyone ^^; It's Smiggletastic here. I'm the new co-author for 'Darkened Skies And Surprises' and I'm SO happy I am because this is one of my fave stories on AFF. Ohohoho... The HunHan... Hehe. Did you like the HunHan by the way guys? (It was my part to type xD) 

Thank you if you welcome me and enjoy the story! ^___^ (just checked and I'm loving all the sweet comments >_< Thanks for welcoming me!!)