Episode 9

Darkened Skies and Surprises

Yixing was sitting on the chair, his hands on the arm rests as he watched the stranger panting softly on the couch. The one confusing thing about this entire situation was the fact that the other had yet to awaken – usually with his power, they’d awaken immediately but something was wrong. The man on the couch was still in a comatose state and it got him worried.

What if his power had been weakened from his own previous comatose state? What if he wasn’t as powerful as before? These thoughts scared him. He didn’t know what he’d do if he wasn’t able to save people, and help them.

Silence engulfed the room and he simply went back to what he has been doing for the previous two days.

Just waiting.

“Ugh…”

Yixing’s eyes widened immediately as he heard a sound that most certainly did not belong to himself. And there was only one other person in the world. Gazing at the couch, he quickly sped over to the side of the stranger.

His hand immediately went to the other’s arm and he carefully waited until the other’s eyes were completely open.

When they were, Yixing spoke carefully.

“You’re safe. Do you know who you are?” He asked, looking at the man who was glancing around warily as he did not know where he was. The man sat up – carefully as Yixing instructed – before staring at the healer who was smiling at him kindly. And then he began to think.

“…My name is Yong Guk.”

Lay was glad that the other wasn’t suffering from memory loss. That was one thing that he couldn’t heal. It was a mental illness, not physical.

“Good. My name is Yixing, I helped you when I found you… unconscious in my kitchen.” The boy explained, deciding it was probably better not to tell the other he was bleeding as that would no doubt lead to some questions he couldn’t really answer. Guk slowly nodded before swinging his legs over the side of the couch. Lay stood up and looked around. “I’ll be right back, I need to fetch someone else.”

The healer quickly scattered into the next room, looking for Joonmyun who had been working on a way to find the demon Jongdae had apparently summoned.

Finally finding him in the kitchen, he tapped his shoulder and spoke.

“The guy’s awake.” He said, making Joonmyun nod his head and follow him into the room. They didn’t know who the stranger was, and Yixing – even though he healed him – would feel much better beside someone who had destructive force.

Both of them re-entered the living room and watched as the stranger was now standing up, looking out of the window.

Yixing and Suho approached him slowly.

“Guk?” Lay muttered, causing the other to turn around. “This is Suho.”

Guk moved forward and put out his hand which Suho accepted it. When their skin touched the demon felt all of the angel’s thoughts thrive through his head – one of his many helpful abilities – and he now knew everything there was to know about Joonmyun, the angel with the ability to control water.

It was only a matter of time now before an opportunity arose that he would be able to use this information. But for now, it was project invasion.

“It’s nice to meet you, thank you for saving me.” The man spoke, making Suho nod.

 “You too. Are you feeling okay?” The angel asked, looking over the other to make sure there were no more injuries. Of course it was guaranteed there was none considering Lay healed him, but it had been weird from the beginning.

“Yeah.” Guk replied.

“Um we should probably talk about what happened to you.” Joonmyun said, motioning for the other to sit down on the couch as he and Yixing sat on the opposite one.

Guk took the seat and waited for the questions to sprout out from the other’s mouths.

Yixing glanced at Suho who just nodded.

“Why were you in our house?” Yixing started, staring at the other in case he could tell if the other was telling some lies. He was always rather good with human expressions especially when it came to lying. The stranger gritted his teeth before he spoke out loud.

“Well… I remember being chased by someone.” Guk explained, nodding his head along to his story. “The door to this place was opened so I ran as quickly as I could. Although… I remember there being a lot of blood before I passed out.” The man remembered which caused Yixing to get a little nervous. “Which brings me to my own questions… why don’t I have a scar?”

Suho suddenly stood up and walked over to him.

“Because the injury wasn’t that serious, and Yixing is a very good doctor.” The angel explained, trying to find a way so that the other didn’t ask any more questions.

“Right…” Guk looked suspicious.

“Okay. Now that you’re fixed up, you should probably go.” Suho said without further hesitation. Yixing sighed before he spoke in turn.

“Do you have somewhere to go?”

“…No.”

“Then you’ll stay here for the time being.” The healer did not wait to offer the other a place to stay – it was the good nature in him. Joonmyun turned around and stared at Lay in disbelief. It wasn’t the best place for a non-magical stranger to stay, especially when Lu Han and Kyungsoo had focused on progressing their powers.

As Joonmyun was about to protest to the invitation, Guk answered rather quickly, a sly smile appearing on his lips.

“Thank you.”

And there was his opening.

Baekhyun toured around his large place, looking around but nothing was entertaining because he had seen it all before. But now, it was a little bit more fun since he had two visitors – or should he say… roommates. Whatever way you wanted to put it, he was enjoying himself a lot more since Chanyeol and Xiumin had entered his life and had begun living here.

Now he just had to remember every day that they were here. He was a bit absent minded, and when he wakes up in the morning to get some fresh air, he literally becomes terrified when he sees any of them.

Like this morning when he went to get coffee. Imagine his dismay when he saw two bodies at the table lightly chatting with each other.

“Holy god!” Baekhyun shouted.

Then he remembered.

“Oh… never mind.” He whispered as he moved over to the coffee machine and poured himself a cup. Turning back around, Xiumin and Chanyeol were staring at him like he was stupid. “I’m sorry… I always forget that I’m not alone.” The necromancer explained, before advancing. “I’ve been alone for a long time you see.”

He moved forward to Chanyeol and placed his hand on the vampire’s shoulder before leaning down and smiling at him.

“…What?” Chanyeol asked, getting nervous.

Xiumin just watched the other two. It was a bit weird seeing as they already seemed close before he returned. Though it seemed that it was really Baekhyun that was interested in the vampire.

“Nothing.” Baekhyun said, giggling to himself before taking a seat.

“Baekhyun?” The angel suddenly spoke.

“Yeah?”

“The beast that you conjured up for Jongdae…” Just saying that traitor’s name made the angel shiver in disgust. “What can it do?”

If anything he wanted to know if Joonmyun could survive its coming. That was one thing he didn’t know if he could survive – Suho dying because of Jongdae. Looking up at the other, Baekhyun looked sceptical as if he was wondering if he should tell the angel about the beast.

But he gave in, and decided maybe it wouldn’t hurt.

“Well… it is one from legend.” Baekhyun began, gaining the other two’s rather peaked interest as he started.

Chanyeol wasn’t really up to date with what happened, but he wanted to know.

He cared about Joonmyun as well.

Not to mention everyone that was around the angel. They could all be in danger at the very moment.

“The beast is a malevolent and powerful demon who only exists to cause pain and damage to others.” Baekhyun felt goosebumps on his skin. “Now, most people would think otherwise, but it’s one main form is actually human.”

“Wait, he’s human?” Chanyeol butted in, looking rather amazed.

“Yes.”

“But that means…” The angel stopped short in a moment of a horrifying epiphany that he had just had. “That Joonmyun may not even know he’s there.”

“Exactly, that’s the point.”

“If I know Suho, he’d be looking for a demon looking thing, not a human. The thing would kill him before he even knew who it was.” Xiumin whispered.

Chanyeol and Xiumin shared a worried glance.

“Yes, probably. The beast has an enormous amount of power. It can shape-shift, with one touch it can feel and hear every thought of one person, it can also use a variety of active powers. All in all, it is one of the most powerful beings ever to be born throughout history.” Baekhyun finished his explanation but the room was completely silent. He expected no less however, it was a rather horrifying story.

Looking around, he let out a sigh and stood up. Apparently that story dimmed the atmosphere and he probably wasn’t going to get any more interesting conversations from these two.

Sighing, he moved out of the room.

He needed to think of a few new ways to spend his time with his new visitors.

Kyungsoo groaned as he fell back onto the chair with an exhausted sigh, he head was about to explode and his body was shaking. He was much more out of it than he thought he was.

His brother looked at him and sighed.

“You’re just getting back into the swing of things. Don’t worry.” He said with a smile on his face, trying to encourage the other as much as he could. “Seriously, all you need is practice and time.”

Kyungsoo groaned and placed his fingertips at his temples, rubbing the skin to try and soothe the migraine appearing.

They had been practicing with their powers – just like Kyungsoo had promised.

Lu Han was doing pretty good. He had managed to control his telekinesis to the point that all he had to do was move his fingers ever so slightly to make an object move to his will – and pretty much accurately too. By a simple flick he could even send a body through the air – something he had never been able to do before – and it felt amazing to be able to do so.

On the other hand however, Kyungsoo wasn’t doing too well at all. Yes, he was still able to contract his power through the ground or the wall but that was it.

And even doing that got him seriously injured.

His skin – or his body – was not strong enough to uphold the injuries he sustained from punching walls or stomping on the ground.

And no matter what he done, he couldn’t get his strength to work on others.

It annoyed him to no end that his power was limited to concrete or floor boards. He wanted to become more powerful like Lu Han. To be able to kick during a demon fight was something he would love to be able to do. But no.

Lu Han had purchased a dummy that would allow his little brother to practice to his will. But it looked the same.

Even he was wondering why Kyungsoo couldn’t focus his strength completely.

“See? You’re knocking people off their feet with a simple wiggle of your finger, and the only way I can hurt them is if I crumble a wall and it magically lands on them.” Kyungsoo said, standing up and groaning. He moved forward and hit his fist off of Lu Han’s arm.

“Ow!” Lu Han shouted pushing the other away.

“How much did that hurt?”

The older tried to fake more pain.

“A lot!... Not really.”

Kyungsoo groaned and left the room immediately. He wasn’t prepared to sit in self-pity whilst he had to see his brother go through his own period of glory. Super strength sounded cool but it was such a pain in the .

When he got to the living room, he noticed that there was an extra body than there should’ve been.

“Uh… Joonmyun?” He whispered, gaining everyone’s attention.

Kyungsoo stared at the stranger in the room, and felt some sort of weird shiver run down his back. It was a weird feeling he got when staring into the eyes of the man on the couch. A bad feeling. Which made him think even more about what he was doing in his house.

The angel stood up and walked over to the witch, placing a hand on his shoulder to lead him into the hallway.

“Who is he?” The younger asked again, looking around Joonmyun to stare.

“We came home and he was injured in the kitchen.” The explanation started. “Yixing healed him but he stayed unconscious for a while. He has nowhere to go.”

Kyungsoo sighed and stared at him blankly.

“Really? You’re just going to let a stranger stay in our house?” He wondered, it was rather stupid thing to do. Suho sighed and motioned over to the healer that was lightly chatting with Guk.

“It’s Yixing.” He said, sighing. “He won’t let me kick the guy out until he has somewhere to go.”

It sounded so like Lay. The witch groaned and gritted his teeth.

“Don’t you think it’s a bit… I don’t know, weird?” Kyungsoo said, trying not to send gazes to the stranger. Every time he looked at him, he got goosebumps and they weren’t good ones. He felt like something was off. “Especially after Baekhyun dropping the bomb on us that Jongdae has a hit on you.”

Suho nodded. He didn’t actually think about that.

Both of them turned to Guk who looked like he was having a rather nice conversation with the healer. The angel moved over to the couch and tapped the boy on the shoulder.

“Kyungsoo would like to talk to you.” Joonmyun whispered. “I’ll keep Yong Guk here company.”

Yixing nodded and sent the other a soft smile.

When he was gone, the angel then took his seat and put his hands together as he thought of what to say. It was awkward, to see the least. Turning his head, he saw Guk simply staring at him without a smile on his lips. It was a bit endearing, but the look the other was giving him didn’t seem right.

“…How do you feel?” he asked, not knowing what else to ask. When Guk just offered a nod in reply, he let out a sigh. “Look, I’m sorry but we’re kind of going through a hard time here, you may have to leave soon.”

Guk blinked a couple of times before he answered.

“But Yixing said—.”

“I’m sorry but Yixing doesn’t call the shots here. In fact, it’s not even his house. And the residents of this house would thank you to be more than kind and leave as soon as you are asked.” Suho stood up afterwards and stared at Guk. “Something is going on here, something that you would most likely make more difficult if you were to stay. It is none of your business and I am sorry.”

Yong Guk stood up immediately – the happy expression that he had let stay on his face from his previous talk with Yixing gone. He looked at Suho with curious eyes before speaking in a low voice.

“Joonmyun…”

“Is everything alright?” Another voice interrupted them. Both of them turned around to see Lu Han standing there with a confused look. “Joonmyun?”

The angel looked back at Guk and sighed.

“Everything’s fine. Right Guk?”

“Right.”

Lu Han moved forward and stared at the unusual man in his room. Something about him… didn’t seem right.

Pointing to him, he spoke.

“Who is this?” he asked and Joonmyun replied immediately.

“Yixing helped him. He was just about to leave exactly.” The angel explained, looking at Guk with a smile that clearly told him that that was exactly what he was going to have to do. Lu Han nodded before folding his arms across his chest. Just as Guk was about to move, Yixing and Kyungsoo appeared.

“Where are you going?” Lay wondered, seeing as Guk was about to head for the front door.

Guk turned to Joonmyun and chuckled.

“He told me to get out.” The man said it in the worst possible way he could, making Lay turn to the angel and glare at him. Suho rolled his eyes.

“No, please, at least stay until you have something to eat.”

The other three residents stared at the angel in disbelief. It seemed that the healer did not feel the same way as they did when looking at Guk. Lay helped Guk into the kitchen whilst the other three just watched them leave. Kyungsoo moved up to his brother and spoke quietly.

“Did you feel it too?” He wondered.

“Yes. Something’s wrong with him.” Lu Han explained. Turning his head to the angel he rose an eyebrow. “And you?”

“Why do you think I was trying to make him leave?”

Guk and Lay sat at the kitchen table, lightly chatting as Lay was waiting for the food to cook in the over. The door was shut so that they didn’t have any interruptions from the other three. Lay was actually having a rather good time talking to someone new for once, and Guk seemed nice enough so he didn’t see the problem. Although, perhaps they were just being cautious considering they didn’t have the best experiences with strangers.

The stranger smiled at the other and nodded his head at something he had said just a couple of seconds before. Yixing chuckled before moving to get the food.

There was a small moment of silence before Guk broke it.

“Are you and Joonmyun particularly close?” He asked. However, he already knew of Joonmyun’s secret feelings for the healer.

After all, he now knows every thought Suho had ever had.

And my god, the boy was an interesting being.

Lay turned around and smiled before nodding. It was true that they were close – after all they had been good friends after Joonmyun came down from heaven. Guk chuckled before he stood up, moving towards Lay and tilting his head a little.

“Do you know he likes you?”

The other boy choked a little. Turning around, he stared at Guk with a confused expression.

“What are you talking about?” he asked, but Guk shrugged.

“I’m good at telling people’s feelings. He likes you.”

Now the conversation got obscenely awkward.

“But I wonder why he was so quick to try and get rid of me.” Guk changed the subject but he made sure the previous one still lingered. The healer turned to him and gave him a sweet smile.

“He’s just being cautious. That’s all.”

“Of course.”

Lay turned around and Guk looked at the boy with curious eyes. He took a few steps forward. Having someone like Yixing in his hands would be a perfect way to get through to Suho. As soon as he was about to approach the healer, the door was opened and all of a sudden a knife was being held at his throat.

Without someone holding it.

Time to play the confused victim.

“W-What the hell?!” he screamed, making Yixing turn around surprised. Lay turned to Lu Han with wide eyes.

“What are you doing!?”

“Get away from him Lay.”

“Why?” Yixing wondered – but he did as he was told. When he got beside the witch he stared at how worried Guk looked. “Put the knife down Lu Han.”

“No. He’s a demon.”

There was silence parading the room. Suho and Kyungsoo had quickly joined them with stern expressions whilst Guk was not smiling at all anymore. In fact, he was pretty sad that he had been found out so quickly. But how, was the question. How did they know?

“How do you know?” Guk suddenly asked, trying not to swallow.

“Sehun told us.”

Lay looked behind him to the wolf that had suddenly appeared. Sehun had been holed up in the basement for the last couple of days. Both of them stared at each other before the healer asked a question.

“How do you know that Sehun?”

Guk was also staring at the boy curiously.

“He smells… wrong.”

“Stupid dog.” Guk muttered. “Things like you don’t deserve to live you know. Just a rabid dog.”

Sehun growled but stayed in his place.

Lay stared at Guk in horror. He let himself stay in a room alone with a demon, how did he not see this when clearly everyone else did. Suho took a hold of the healer’s hand and led him back to safety. The eldest witch stayed beside Sehun and there was a deafening silence filling the room. That is until the demon finally penetrated it and spoke.

“I’ll get you.” And his eyes were staring into Joonmyun’s before he disappeared completely.

Everyone let out a deep breath.

“Who was that?” Lu Han asked, turning his head to Sehun. The wolf looked absolutely disgusted. “Sehun?” Surely he wasn’t taking the insults that that demon has said to heart? Was he?

The wolf growled again and sighed.

“That was the beast Baekhyun was talking about. I’ve met him before.”


A/N: It's been a while! Sorry about that.... Hope you enjoy this!