SEASON 1

Darkened Skies and Surprises

Season 1

Episode 1

 

My name is Lu Han. I am the oldest child of three boys, yet I certainly don’t look like it. I am twenty-two years old, and for the past five years I’ve been living with one of my friends who happily allowed me to stay in their home. I’ve always been protective over my younger brothers – I guess it’s in my nature considering – and they’ve always looked up to me. So when our mother’s new husband somehow convinced her to let us go, I tried my best to find an apartment so we could live together, and I could protect them. But I couldn’t, there wasn’t enough time, but thankfully, each of us had a friend that would take us in. Five years later, I received news that my mother and her husband had died in a car crash, and although I wept dearly for the woman that gave birth to me, I knew that I would collect the deed to the house and I could be together with my brothers again.

They mean everything to me, they always will. I want to do everything in my power to keep them safe. I just hope I can.

My name is Do Kyungsoo. In a set of three, I am the middle child. If anyone reading this is the middle child, then you know what it’s like to have to keep the oldest and youngest from tearing each other apart, and to know what it’s like to have to be the responsible one even though the eldest should be. After being kicked out of our house, I began to feel alone especially considering I was separated from Lu Han and my younger brother. I began to become more independent though, but that didn’t stop me from wanting to be with the other two. Although Lu Han was a pain in the , especially when he used to scare me all the time when I was young, leading to my phobia against the supernatural, at least he taught me how to stand up for myself.

I just want to be seen as strong. I want someone who looks at me, to see someone with confidence, not someone who’s weak, especially at the age of twenty.

My name is Huang Zitao, and I’m the youngest in my family, which really means people see me as the weakest one, the one that needs more protection than everyone else. It’s not like I don’t like the attention, but I want people to know that I can take care of myself. I suppose I got the chance when we were separated, but my personality changed from cheerful to dull all in the midst of five years. Now, at the age of nineteen, I was an adult and I want to be able to stand up for myself. Both of my brothers are very courageous and different, and I hope that at some point, I’d be able to show that side of me too.

Maybe, maybe if something extraordinary happened to me that I could avert my real strength on the outside to show people, they’d realise what kind of person I really am, and how much I can strive for.

...

[INSERT THEME MUSIC AND INTRO]

...

“Guys! Come and freaking help me!” Kyungsoo shouted as he held a large box in his hands, and he could already feel his limbs starting to give way and if he didn’t get help soon his stuff was about to become very, very broken. Just as he was about to shout out again, he saw one of his brothers run over to him, and catch the box that was about to fall.

“Gotcha.” Lu Han shouted, grinning as he took the box. “Hey Kyungsoo.” He greeted, before he placed the box in the living room. Kyungsoo had already moved back to his car and gathered the rest of his belongings.

When everything was finally in, he sighed and looked around.

“This place hasn’t changed much.” He observed the surroundings, grimacing a little when he noticed how dusty the place was. Sighing, he turned back to his older brother and smiled nervously. “How have you been?” he wondered, and Lu Han shrugged.

“I’ve been okay, and you?” Lu Han replied.

“Good. Uh, kinda glad to be back actually.” He admitted, scuffling on his feet a little.

Lu Han just nodded in return before they both stood silently.

Until the door was knocked on.

Kyungsoo sighed before he moved over to the front door and opened it, a little surprised when he saw his baby brother standing there, incredibly wet from the torrential rain and he looked very depressing. Tao looked up at Kyungsoo, and spoke in a soft voice.

“Can I come in?” he asked, and Kyungsoo rolled his eyes before pulling the boy in from the dreadful weather.

“Don’t be silly. It’s your home too you know.” Kyungsoo explained, before quickly running out and talking a hold of the extra suitcases that his little brother had brought with him. Rolling them into the living room, he was about to go and find the other a towel until he noticed that he didn’t know where they were. “Towels, anyone?” he asked, and Lu Han chuckled before moving himself to another room.

Zitao sighed before he slid his jacket of and held onto it tightly.

He was unnaturally quiet, Kyungsoo thought.

Moving over to him, he offered his baby brother a small smile before he took the jacket off of him.

“I’ll go put this up to dry, alright?” He tried his best to make the other feel at home.

Zitao was the youngest out of them all, and he was also the loudest and most cheerful out of the three of them, bringing happiness and light wherever he went. Of course, that changed when they were suddenly forced out of the house by their mother’s new husband – how she agreed to that they had no idea – but they were separated.

The oldest tried to find an apartment for the three of them, but it didn’t work, so each of them branched off to a friends.

That was the last time each of them saw each other.

And Zitao had completely changed.

Kyungsoo moved to the kitchen and hung the wet jacket over the radiator before returning and watching as Lu Han carefully dried the youngest.

Soon enough, each of them were settled into their own rooms, the weather outside was horrible, which was sincerely mucking up the signal to allow them to watch television. So here they were, in the living room without a thing to do, and there was an awkward silence hovering over them because they had no idea what to talk about with each other.

Lu Han sighed, before he stood up and walked to the kitchen. When he got there, he looked around and noticed it certainly wasn’t the cleanest kitchen in the area. What the hell did his mother do around here? Or his step-father, for that instant. Moving around, he stuck his tongue out in disgust a few times at the mould catching onto some old food.

He definitely had to go shopping later.

Oh, and he’d probably have to clean. Unless one of his siblings like to clean.

That’d be a miracle.

Sighing again, he noticed that there was actually some edible food on the counter, things that were wrapped and weren’t infected by whatever was happening in the kitchen. Just as he was about to reach for it, his eyes widened completely in fear.

Crawling in front of him.

Was a ing huge spider. His mouth fell agape and his urge was to scream, but he didn’t want to bother the rest of the house and make himself look like a complete wimp on the first day.

Gulping, he would’ve left if he wasn’t incredibly hungry.

At least the arachnid wasn’t touching the food. No, it was just crawling very creepily in front of it.

Lu Han was clenching his fists hard because there was no way he was going to reach over it in case it jumped on him or something. Looking around, he couldn’t find a way to get to it at all.

“Oh come on…” he whispered, desperately trying to find a way. “Why can’t I just eat without getting ing terrified?” he whined, throwing his hands up in the air in despair before he dropped them angrily.

However, as he did, he saw something strange happen, and the bar of food he was looking at was quickly whisked through the air until it hit an adjacent window – luckily not breaking it. Stopping, he looked back to where it was, then back to where it was now.

“Okay… that was weird.” He murmured as he moved towards the bar and picked it up, glancing back at the spider and glaring at it before leaving towards the living room once again, his mind blooming with the strange occurrence that had just happened in the kitchen. Zitao and Kyungsoo were still sitting in silence, and when he sat down, he thought about whether he should tell them.

Or maybe they’d think he was crazy.

“Uh guys?” he suddenly said, deciding if he couldn’t trust his brothers, then who? Both of them turned to look at him. “Something weird happened in the kitchen.” Tao and Kyungsoo glanced at each other and then back to him.

“Explain.” Tao whispered. Lu Han sighed before he decided to just come out with it.

“A food bar mysteriously moved from the table across the room.”

Okay, maybe it sounded a little freaky. And crazy.

“…” Tao looked at him and rose a suspicious eyebrow. “How?” he asked, but Lu Han just shrugged. “Okay…” The middle child just chuckled a little whilst Lu Han pouted.

Kyungsoo shook his head before he stood up and started to walk away.

“Where are you going?” Lu Han asked, and the middle child stopped before he turned around to face them.

“To bed.”

“But we were talking about something.” Tao said, not really wanting to believe that Lu Han wasn’t hallucinating, but they should at least humour him a little. The other rolled his eyes a little.

“I know, but I’d rather not discuss something ridiculous.” Turning around again, Lu Han stood up in anger a little.

“Hey! It is not! It moved by itself across the room.” He tried making his case, although he didn’t really believe it himself, but he didn’t want Kyungsoo to ridicule him.

“Lu Han, it’s impossible, you’re probably just tired.”

Tao stood up too.

“Just hear him out.” He said quietly, but Kyungsoo shook his head.

“Sorry, you know I’m not one for the whole ‘supernatural’ thing.” When they were younger, Lu Han loved playing horror tricks on him, which made him grow up hating anything like ghosts or anything mystical. It was a childhood trait, which was entirely the older’s fault. The other two sighed but continued to try and convince him.

“Please Kyungsoo? I’m pretty freaked.” Lu Han explained, and Tao tried to use soft eyes to get him to come back and sit down.

But the other just wasn’t having it.

Kyungsoo shook his head and turned around again before he started to move up the stairs.

“Kyungsoo.” Tao said loudly, but the other continued. “Just stop!”

The youngest shouted loudly and he smiled a little in pride when he saw that Kyungsoo had indeed frozen on the stairs just like he had told him to. Grinning a little, he turned to Lu Han but frowned when he came face to face with him. The boy looked as sullen as ever, but that wasn’t all that was wrong with him. Tao grimaced a little before he moved in front of him and waved a hand in front of his face.

“Lu Han?” he asked, but the other didn’t move.

Looking at him carefully, it didn’t even look like the other was breathing. Eyes widening, he turned around to Kyungsoo who was still standing on the stairs in the midst of taking a step. Running over, he stood in front of Kyungsoo on the first landing and he bit his lip when he realised his older brothers where in the same state.

Oh crap.

He was suddenly getting worried. But then a thought passed through his mind, and he brushed past his brother and ran to the front door, opening it immediately and staring outside.

“No ing way.” Tao whispered.

The rain, it had stopped. And he didn’t mean that it wasn’t raining anymore, he meant that in mid-air, the rain was frozen. Completely. It was as if time itself had stopped. Turning around, he wondered why the hell he wasn’t frozen. Maybe a special power from above needed to talk to him about something.

Zitao shook his head at his own thought.

Or maybe he was just going crazy.

Suddenly, everything started to move again, and he watched as Lu Han started looking around for him.

“How did you get over there?” He asked, pointing to the front door, making Kyungsoo stop and turn around on the stairs, surprised that the youngest had actually moved in a split second. Tao looked between them and shrugged his shoulders.

“Um… you wouldn’t believe me if I told you.” He explained, walking silently back over to Lu Han. Kyungsoo suddenly joined them.

“But tell us anyway.” Lu Han said, and Kyungsoo reluctantly nodded as well, he wanted to know what the other had done to get over to the door so fast – even though he wasn’t even looking.

Zitao sighed before he spoke, even he thought he was crazy.

“Time stopped. Everything except me.”

Well, a simple excuse was enough. Lu Han and Kyungsoo glanced at each other before looking back.

“And that’s how you moved to the door so fast?” Kyungsoo asked, and Tao nodded.

“Yeah. Everything was frozen. Even the rain.” Tao explained, rubbing his own arms as he was even getting very freaked out by what was happening. Lu Han looked at Kyungsoo and pointed to Tao.

“See? Something is happening!” Lu Han stomped, and Kyungsoo sighed.

Looking at them both, he nodded.

“Okay, something is going on. Or!” he paused. “Maybe you are both hallucinating from being homesick or something.”

Tao and Lu Han both sighed in unison when those words left Kyungsoo’s mouth.

“Just because you are scared of supernatural stuff doesn’t mean it’s not true!” Lu Han shouted, trying to get the middle child to see.

Tao nodded, even though he didn’t truly believe it himself, but Kyungsoo had to have his mind open.

“It doesn’t mean it’s real if you others don’t see it!” The other shouted.

Lu Han groaned.

“Why are you being so close-minded?!” he asked loudly.

Kyungsoo sighed and folded his arms across his chest.

“Because it sounds silly! Objects don’t just move. Time doesn’t just stop.”

The oldest and youngest groaned loudly, being told they were liars or just crazy was very annoying. But on the other hand, Kyungsoo was getting annoyed that his two brothers were insisting on this, especially when they knew he was terrified of unexplainable thing, and he was exceedingly getting angry at how they looked at him like he was doing something wrong.

“Kyungsoo, you’re being idiotic.”

Kyungsoo’s furrowed his eyebrows and gritted his teeth together, he could feel his body starting to heat up with anger. And what Lu Han said next made him lose it completely.

“Stop being selfish, listen to me, don’t be a wimp.”

The middle child felt anger ride through his body, his face turning red, if anything, he hated being called weak, it made him feel low. Bringing up one of his legs, he slammed his foot down hard and glared fiercely at his older brother. What happened though, the impact of his foot when it hit the ground, was way more emphasised than it should’ve been.

From the impact, the ground now had cracks centring where his foot hit, and it looked like something extremely heavy had landed on it.

All the brothers were now staring at it.

“What the …” Kyungsoo whispered, removing his foot and staring at the cracked ground.

Lu Han and Tao glanced at each other again before looking back at the other.

“I think… we all have to go to sleep… and discuss this in the morning, agreed?” Lu Han said, and the other two replied in unison.

“Agreed.”

All three of them were now walking along the streets, staying silent as each of them were trying to suss out what had happened.

Lu Han didn’t understand how something could just fly across the room, and when he went to sleep last night, he begun to think of what had happened just before that to maybe make the incredible happen. And he came to a conclusion when he remembered his own actions before the bar flew across his sight.

He had moved his hands and the object moved along with it.

So maybe, just maybe, it was his own actions that had moved it. Maybe.

Kyungsoo was very conflicted the entire night. No, supernatural stuff completely freaked him out, and what had happened on the first night he had moved back to his own house, really stressed him out. It was inevitable to come to the conclusion that it was his own foot that had forced the floor to crack. But he would have to have amazing strength to do that. Or have some sort of power over the earth. Yet again, it sounded ridiculous.

Zitao was trying to get his head round things also. Although the thought that he could control time was amazing and made him feel so damn special, it also scared him because of the thought that he may actually be crazy. And if he told anyone, what would they do to him?

Shaking his head, he tried to look on the bright side again – that is, if he could ever stop time after last night. But maybe it was a good thing if he didn’t.

As they passed through the streets, Lu Han suddenly stopped.

The other two looked at him confusedly.

“What’s wrong?” Kyungsoo asked, nudging the older a little. Lu Han shook his head but didn’t speak, but instead he listened carefully.

There was silence but then Lu Han heard it again.

“Someone’s hurt.” He said, not waiting for his siblings to respond before he started dashing forward, until he reached the start of an alleyway, and he peeked around the corner, eyes widening as he saw a man getting beat up by some hooligans that didn’t look friendly at all.

When Zitao and Kyungsoo reached him, they looked too in disgust.

“What do we do?” The middle child asked, worried for the person, and worried about how much time they were wasting just by talking about this and leaving the man to be beat up even more. Lu Han looked around and noticed a large pole behind the three hooligans.

This was the moment where he had to believe that he wasn’t crazy.

Lifting his hand, he put it towards the pole and hoped to God that this was going to work. Holding all type of hope in his chest, he softly flicked his hand upwards, eyes widening when he saw that the pole moved with him.

“Holy …” Kyungsoo whispered, amazed at what his older brother was doing.

The pole was now up in the air horizontally, and with one last glance towards the three thugs, he pulled his hand back, effectively forcing the pole to smack off their backs.

Well… at least the attention was now off of the victim. And onto them.

Lu Han’s eyes widened when he saw the thugs notice him, and just as he was about to move the pole again, he noticed peculiar weapons in their hands.

“Guys… Is-Is that a gun?” he asked, and both of the others nodding. “Oh crap.” His heart was speeding up, and he could feel all strength leave him at the sight of the weapon. No, he couldn’t do that weird thing now. Nope.

They could see the sinister grin on the main hooligan, and Lu Han let out a little shriek when he saw him pulling back the trigger.

The youngest was suddenly feeling protective, and he suddenly shouted.

“STOP!”

“No way.” Tao whispered as he noticed that absolutely everything around him was frozen in time. Suddenly grinning at it, he started to dance around a little. “I can stop time, I can stop time~” he sang song, before he realised the situation at hand again. There wasn’t much time until it’d start again, so he had to save his oldest brother from certain injury.

Moving towards the thug with the gun, he took it out of his hand before removing the other two’s weapons as well. Sighing, he could feel the adrenaline rush through him as he moved back to his space, wondering when time would start up again. Just as he was about to sigh, he felt something kick start again, and suddenly he saw his siblings start to breathe again.

The look on the leader’s face was very entertaining, especially when he realised none of his gang had a weapon.

But that didn’t stop them from approaching them with even meaner expressions on his face. Tao’s eyes widened as he hid behind the eldest, thinking that his work was done.

Lu Han quickly turned to Kyungsoo with pleading eyes.

Kyungsoo gritted his teeth. He didn’t want to do anything supernatural.

But they were gaining quickly, and he had no choice. But what the was he was supposed to do? Stomp on them? As he was having his internal argument, he heard an unfamiliar voice interrupt his thoughts.

“Smash your… f-fist on the ground!” the voice was broken and the person who had it was clearly injured, but Kyungsoo didn’t take the time to think about who it was giving him the advice or how they even knew what he was thinking about doing because that opened a lot of holes he didn’t want to dig into at the moment. So taking a big deep breath, he took a step forward and knelt to the ground and just as one of the attackers were about to step in front of him, he let out a large growl and brought his fist down hard, smashing it against the concrete ground.

As the impact happened, he looked up to see the three attackers flying through the air and landing on the ground harshly, immediately knocking them all out.

When he stood back up, he stared at his hand and was amazed that it wasn’t injured at all, even when it should be – considering the amount of strength he had put into the attack.

Lu Han stared blankly at him before he heard some .

“Oh god!” he shouted before running over to the man they had just saved. “Are you alright?” he asked, helping him up and grimacing at the amount of blood that he had on him. Tao immediately ran over as well and took a hold of the victim’s other arm and helped him back through the alleyway. Kyungsoo carefully tread behind him, silently thinking.

They put the man on the couch whilst Kyungsoo ran into the kitchen to try and look for some medical supplies. Lu Han and Zitao took a seat either side of him and carefully examined him, realising that his injuries where pretty bad and they should’ve probably taken him to a hospital.

But when they suggested that, the injured man immediately declined it.

“What’s your name?” Lu Han asked.

“Yixing… b-but you can call me… Lay.” The man tried to smile but it hurt a lot.

“Calm down, Kyungsoo will find something to help with the pain.” Zitao whispered, but again, the other man just shook his head.

“Can… Can you get me a mirror?” Lay asked, and Lu Han glanced at his brother in surprise at the very unusual request. But Zitao shrugged his shoulders and decided to do what he was asked.

Moving up the stairs, he grabbed the mirror that he had luckily brought with him and treaded down the stairs with it, noticing that Kyungsoo was back with some supplies but that Yixing wouldn’t let the other touch him. Such a stubborn man, that’s all they needed.

When he came down with the mirror, Lay looked very needy. Putting his hand out, Zitao immediately gave it to him and just looked at him weirdly.

Yixing took a deep breath before he stared into his reflection, wincing at how bad the wounds were and how much blood there was all over his pale face. Gulping slowly, he brought up one of his trembling hands and softly waved it a little as he focused extremely on his reflection, grimacing a little as he could feel the wounds on his body start to close up.

But he kept his eyes on the mirror.

The three brothers were watching him carefully. All of their eyes widened as they watched the wounds on the man just disappear into thin air, until he looked like he hadn’t been touched by anyone.

“How did you…” Lu Han stuttered, but he didn’t understand.

Lay stood up and put the mirror down before he bowed a little to all three of them and properly explained.

“Nice to meet you, I’m a healer. And I know all about you three, Zitao, Kyungsoo and Lu Han.”

The three brothers stared at him suspiciously, but it was even worse when they realised what he had said at the first part. Healer.

Maybe there were more people out there that could do extraordinary things, and maybe they should’ve been glad that it was a healer they met first.

A/N: Tell me what you think guys! and Upvote and comment if you will!