The Cold Night

"Jung Daehyun, I Love You"

You ran downstairs with loud noises, with the thoughts of remembering that Junhong is sleeping, you slowed the noise of your feet by walking on the stairs. It's hard to go downstairs, with both blanket on your arms. You're afraid that you might fell down, but still, you don't want to call Himchan oppa for help. Let him rest.

As soon as your feet landed on the floor, you threw one of the blanket to an empty space on the floor. You tiptoed to Junhong's current position, on the couch. Junhong's sleeping position has changed, that he dropped his book. You wrapped a blanket on him. 

"I believe in you, Junhong." You smiled as you took the book on the ground. Once again, the title is "What is Paradise?" 

That book, is about a man searching for his paradise, his heaven, his most comfortable place. A man who survived with nothing on his hands. You read some of the contents of the book, it's interesting even thought words are the only thing inside it, and you're not the type of girl who likes to read novels because it'll make your eyes hurt with small fonts and complicated words. But this novel is different, you could understand the story.

A few minutes later you heard Junhong's voice, his snoring voice. At first you were shocked because the place was silent, then you tried to hold your laughter because Junhong's snoring voice is weird and cute. You wanted to close the book that you're currently reading, tried to search for the bookmark on the pages of the book. The pages were flipped, until you saw a note fell down from the book. A plain white paper with a blue inked writing. You glanced at Junhong, to make sure he didn't notice you reading that note. You picked up the fallen paper and read the first sentence:

"Junhong, It's me, Junhyung." 

As expected from the Author of the book, A letter to his brother.

"I missed you, Junhong. More than you'll ever know..." 

"I've been well here, no need to worry about me. I finally published this book, thanks to your idea of making the paradise, as a girl who finally changed the man's life.... And I want to apologize that I wasn't there for you whenever you need me.. Ever since I moved to Japan, I know you've been lonely that you couldn't think straight about life. I'm sorry for making you too clingy on me, that you couldn't stand by yourself. I wonder, are you alright? I believe, yes. You gave me that idea for the book, maybe you've had a crush on someone..eh? And I bet she changed your life. I'm really happy for you, Junhong. I'm glad you finally found your love.I hope we can meet again because I wanna hear that love story of yours. Love, Choi Junhyung." 

 

Is this the reason why he wouldn't let me read his brother's book? He doesn't want me to look at his past. He was lonely, and his brother was his only light. 

With your eyes looking back at Junhong, making sure that he's asleep. You hid the paper on a random page of the book then closed the book. The book is now under Junhong's blanket, to avoid him knowing that you read that book. Now it's the time for you to go outside, to meet Daehyun. A second chance wouldn't be a problem for you... right? 

 

"I need more time to decide who to pick, It looks like my feelings for Daehyun hasn't faded away like dust. But for Junhong, I don't know... After reading that paper, I didn't react like I love him too, I didn't feel anything special about us." 

"Love is not to be separated for two people. I have to choose which one is the perfect one for me." 

 

The other blanket which is lying on the floor is now back in your arms. It was meant for Daehyun to be wrapped around his body, which seemed cold. You've had your jacket, scarf, and your sandals prepared, you wore them and went outside. Either than thinking to carry Daehyun inside the house which requires strength, you couldn't do anything except wrapping him around a blanket. 

You were about to leave, before you heard Junhong's voice. He stuttered your name, which made you turned your head to him. Startled, and feel relieved after you saw Junhong closing his eyes. It must be his sleeping habit, sleep-talking. In order to listen to his other words, since he called your name. It feels like he's trying to talk to you either inside his dreams or he's going to tell you what's inside his heart. 

"떠나지마...... (Don't leave)" 

He said it. It looks like he doesn't want you to go out there. He doesn't want you to meet Daehyun. For details, he doesn't want you to be a part of Daehyun's life anymore. Junhong wants you to stay in his life. You stood there looking at him with shivering eyes, about to cry over the current situation. Junhong needs you, wants you, loves you. But you wouldn't leave Daehyun out there in the cold. 

"I'll be back, Junhong." You replied silently. At the same time, worrying if Junhong is awake or not. 

 

As your foot stepped the outside world, it was cold like hell. You won't survive out there wearing only a casual shirt and pants, which is Daehyun's clothes. He is amazing to decide on staying in this extreme temperature. It looks like he doesn't care about anything, except to have your apology. It's rare for a guy to do that kind of thing for you.

You breathed in and breathed out, tried to warm yourself. But it was a damn cold night for you, and especially for Daehyun who has been sitting on that bench for a few hours. First you wrapped the blanket around him, with suddenly tears from your eyes dripping on your scarf. That tears was meant for him, who would give you anything that he had. If it wasn't for you, he probably sitting in his house eating cheesecakes and other foods, enjoying himself. But only for you, he suffered himself in this cold night without any protection.

You missed his voice, his touch, his looks, everything about him. You cried silently, covering your mouth with your scarf and sat next to his face on the bench. You his hair slowly, his brown hair that you haven't touched for awhile. With your tears flowing down to his hair, with your crying voice as the only voice of the night. At that time, you really need someone to hug. You wiped your tears on your scarf, to avoid it reaching Daehyun's face or hair, which will make him woke up.

 

 

"H-Hyunmin...?" That voice, it's nobody other than the voice that you wanted to hear. The gentle voice of Jung Daehyun, the crazy guy beside you for sleeping in the cold night. Daehyun's eyes are awake and saw you crying beside him. You were frozen, after seeing him and your eyes met. It has been a long time since both of them met, feels like years. He stood up while holding his forehead. Then he realized the blanket was covering him, "Is..that you?" He asked without looking at you. 

You faced away, "neh..." 

His shoes were on the ground, and it remains there till this second. He removed the blanket and put on his shoes hastily, he looks eager to meet you, to touch you, to do everything with you. He missed you, just like how you missed him. It can be proved by the way he hugged you after he put on his shoes. Right now, this second, this minute, this hour, this time, he hugged you tighter than before. He hugged you while patting your back, as he murmured to your ear, "It's okay Hyunmin, I'll be your shoulder to cry on." 

 

Daehyun knows what I really need right now, he is my light, just like how Junhyung oppa is Junhong's light. Your hands were locked together behind Daehyun's back. You hugged him back as you buried your face on his shoulders and cry. The scent of Daehyun is still there on his shirt. It feels happy that finally you made up with him.This moment with Daehyun made up your night. 

 

"..Daehyun .. I'm sorry.....I shouldn't be like this......" You stuttered while crying. He kept on hugging you tightly that you could barely breathe. He waited for you, and this is what he got, to feel you inside his arms once again. Good things will come for those who waited patiently. You heard him coughing with his runny nose.

"I..I thought you wouldn't open that door.... I was really scared.." Daehyun cried. His tears fell down to your scarf, "Thankyou... For opening the door, and waking me up... That I wouldn't be scared for the whole night.." He stuttered as he your hair. His soft hands lingering around your hair. His hug and touch made you feel warm. It was the pain in the heart for hearing him cry, because you haven't saw him cried.

You smiled, "I forgive you, Daehyun.... Please.. Stop crying...." You closed your eyes to avoid your tears flowing down more. You released the hug to see his face clearly, even though it's dark, the streetlights will be the guide of light. There it is, his face that you tried to avoid before, now he is clear infront of you. His fronthair made his eyes didn't appear. He feels embarassed to show his face, his crying face to you. 

His hands were placed on your cheeks, he held your face between his smooth hands. Daehyun gained courage to let you see his face, "It's not like I won't let you to see my embarrassing face... But...since you won't see this face of mine anymore after we.... dated, I'll let you." He said, "Look at me deeply, I'm crazy in love with you. I'm being like this for you. I'd die for you, Hyunmin... I-"

"I understand, Daehyun... Stop making me cry..." Your tears began to appear. Now you're the crybaby infront of him. You wiped your tears with the edge of your scarf. Daehyun hugged you to make you feel comfortable with him, you couldn't refuse to be hugged by the one who went away from your life that you missed so much. 

Daehyun giggled as he wrapped the blanket that you gave him, "Don't waste your tears on something unimportant, we're together now, there's no need to be sad." He whispered while having you rest on his cold arms. 

Being with Daehyun isn't a miracle, it's a blessing. His love is your sunshine in this frozen night. It makes you forget about everything, with his love. You should be feeling guilty to Junhong, but Daehyun made you forgot about him. As your face got closer to Daehyun's shoulders, your eyes started to close. It was around 2-3 AM that night, guess who could sleep in that cold of the late night? 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

The sleepless, cold night went away as the sun shines bright on you. That night filled with frozen tears, has finally end. You remembered exactly what happened tonight. It was a memorable moment of you and Daehyun. That morning when you suddenly woke up between Daehyun and Junhong on your bed. Their sleeping face are very cute, you thought as you pinched their cheeks and giggled. Back to the first problem, choose, Junhong or Daehyun? Finally it's the right time to choose one of them. But.. How did Junhong and Daehyun got here? 

 

 

 

------------ ze last story flashback ; u ; 

Daehyun: 

You fell alseep on Daehyun's shoulder. Daehyun saw your eyes closed and he smiled. "Still the cute Hyunmin that i know, huh?" Daehyun glanced at the front door, it's opened a bit. He adjusted the right position to hold you in his arms, and he lifted you up. He wanted to make you sleep in your room, instead of sleeping out of nowhere in the bench. 

"Cough! Cough!" 

Daehyun coughed. He doesn't feel well because he hadn't eaten properly. He was thinking of you that he didn't eat well. He didn't even sleep well. Daehyun had a lovestruck because of you. But he doesn't care about it, as long as he has you, he's fine with everything. He left the blanket outside, planning to take it back after he dropped you on your bed. But it looks like it's a long way to go upstairs by getting through the stairs one by one. He walked upstairs carefully and step by step, as long as you're okay. 

Finally he stood up infront of your room and thinking that he might be struggled in opening the door knob. Nope, Daehyun pushed the door and it's opened. It doesn't seem to be locked, or maybe... someone must've been here, yes, it's Junhong on your bed. He slept peacefully that it made Daehyun smile. 

"Junhong," Daehyun tiptoed slowly to your bed and he sat down on the bed, "I know how much you love her, but I loved her more, I'm sorry, saeng." 

Daehyun put you down on your bed and you finally in the same bed as Junhong, "Enjoy the last night being around her."

But Daehyun, who is also tired, he was going to leave you both on your bed, but he got sleepy and he slept next to you. Your bed is quite large for three people, and it fits perfectly with some space left. 

(and yes Daehyun didn't took back the blanket that the next morning Himchan was shocked and scolded everyone.......)

 

 

Junhong:

" I wanna sleep next to Hyunmin, she must've been very lonely." Junhong rubbed his eyes as he walked through the stairs. He lifted up his feet one by one with a doll and a book on his hand, "And she might have read the notes in this book.... I wasn't cautious." He let a loud sigh while holding brownie, a husky doll. He opened the door slowly, because he thought you were asleep on your bed. 

"Huh? Hyunmin? Where are you?" He was confused as soon as he stepped on the solid wooden floor. He didn't see any sign of you being there, "Maybe she is away.. I guess I'll have to wait her, and ask her about my hyung's book." Junhong's eyes finally tired and he fell asleep on your bed. At that moment, you were outside with Daehyun. 

"Hyunmin, You'll be mine... okay? I'll protect you in my arms

(junhong sleeptalked .__.)

 

 

 

You stared at them in confusion on who to choose, the ones who promised you to love you eternally, or the ones who is really care about you. Junhong or Daehyun... 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The ones who will be in your heart, is obviously

 

The ones who loves you eternally,

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Daehyun. 

(well ofc bc it's the title of the story ._. i should've change it loool) 

 

 

-------------------

...... HI AGAIN ; u ; OTL I'M SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING MUCH THESE DAYS. ALL THESE EXAMS AND IT'S A VERY BUSY MONTH THAT I WENT ON HIATUS FOR ALL MY INTERNET STUFFS TO WORK HARDER IRL.I JSUT CANT FOCUS ;A; AND I STARTED TO LOSE A FEW VOCABULARY WORDS DAT MADE DIS CHAPTER A MESS ; n ;

SO... PLS WAIT FOR THE SEQUEL.. JDHILY ENDS HERE *^* 

THANKYOU FOR ALL SUBSCRIBERS WHO WAITED PATIENTLY FOR THIS .... messy FIC TO FINISH *^* 

reason for sequel: I haven't seen Himchan, Yongguk, Jongup, and Youngjae .___. I NEED TO GIVE MORE OF EM'

 

 

these r da names: <3 

lennycube

cbu777

inspirityeoja

zeloleoz

bangx2

BabyzExotic

kimxoxo

dae_bt101

SijaPema

DevaMB

hyunnie18

FarAzz99

IUTheHackingPanda

b2utyexoticshawol

DaerinaJoonV

marwabaro

babysheep

AlwaysAnElf

syaheerah

Hyo447

starbucksgirl

asmasouma

naddey_

blossomlove

babyrai

bapexoinfintebtob

debolina08

nguyen_jssc

hyosong

HiMe-ChAn35

Jennyskater

Kpop_mylife100

BABY_MELODY_ARMY

kisekinaru

parkyoungmi2201

Hannah93

Jaesoon94

soshibaby98

FarahGhannam

Little_ricky

Park_Chanmin_cx

totheskyehigh

echo-of-the-sea

BabyBAP4ever

zelo-oppa-nekoya

Jung-Yejin

SnsdBiggestFan

TaemiNadia

DeLacus

Sandraleong19

baby2000

lovetoreadlol

hayato

Kim_Hyojin_Sweethear

sweetromance

HeavenlyMirae

daehyunateit

_teamkpop_

angelBBY

KIM_MINAH_19

Kpoplover9419

b2strockz

pretty_rania1

emi_martini

RiikoNarikawa

VanessaJungKim

SarahlovesJongup

_sandrraaaU 

dreamIngstar

i kno there are some of you who unsubscribe ; u ; AND I APOLOGIZE FOR DAT OTL 

 

 

 

 

and for the upvoters *^* :

stephani_bap

echo-of-the-sea

 

 

I AM REALLY GLAD I HAV YOU GUYS OR I WOULDN'T BE UPDATING THIS FANFIC BC IT'S TOO LAME ;A; I LOVE YOU SOOOOOOOO MUCH TO THE MOONjongup AND THE STARRSSS <3 <3 <3

 

omfg

stahp

 

characters: 12785

Words: 2755