21

Worlds Collide

 

 

Jungah flexed her neck as she continued to read, it was already almost four in the afternoon and she was about to finish reading the company’s files. She heard a slight tap from her door, her older brother was peeking. She grinned.

“Come in, Luhan.” She mused.

“I came to ask how you were doing.”

“Everything’s good. I just need to meet the contractor for the building.”

“You’re getting along with Kris and Haera well?” Luhan asked carefully.

“Kris is okay, we get along, I think. I don’t know Haera. I just met her.”

“I hear your satiric tone of voice.” Luhan almost smiled. Jungah just shrugged and she stood up.

“Can we grab dinner somewhere?”

 

 

“I don’t understand.” Jungah claimed as they began to eat their dinner. Luhan sliced her steak for her and placed her plate in front of her.

“What?”

“Why would the Kwon’s invest without even checking the project?”

“They…didn’t?” Luhan blinked.

“I’ve looked into it, they didn’t.”

“The Kwons have been our family friend-”

“I know that.” She replied and started to eat.

“Just do your best mei.”

“Yes, director Xi.” She nodded solemnly. Luhan smiled and looked up.

“You’re still good friends with Chanyeol.” Luhan stated.

“We started off as friends.” She replied.

“Just be careful, now that people know who you are, a lot of them might actually approach you and-”

“I know, but befriending me is a challenge as it is. I’ll be careful, Luhan. Thanks for being an overprotective sibling.”

                                                                                

 

Kris took a deep breath as he looked at the framed photograph on his desk; it was a photo of him, Luhan, Lay, Tao and Haera. All of them were smiling for the camera. He shook his head and put the photo down. A lot of things had become compromised because of Haera and he was bothered why the Kwons decided to join their partnership now.

And he had a feeling that Jungah wont be entirely pleasant with her.

 

“Noona’s going to work now, no time for me.” Zelo frowned and pouted, Jungah chuckled and bopped his forehead.

“Just don’t go all out aegyo-ish at me, Junhong. You’re too big for that.”

Yongguk chuckled, they were inside the shop which was now closed. They had set a few tables and chairs to sit down and talk. It was already late in the evening but everyone was still up chatting, just like the old times.

Daehyun took a long sip from his beer and glanced at Jungah, then he smirked.

“Word on the street is that Chanyeol’s back.” He started, everyone turned to Feilin.

“We’re okay, Dae. He’s a good friend to me.”

“It’s quite a rare thing.” Jongup said.

“What is?” Jungah leaned in and grab the bag of chips from Youngjae.

“You and Chanyeol hyung, you get along so well even after the breakup.”

Jungah smiled.

“Well, just because you once dated doesn’t mean you don’t get to be friends again, right?”

Yongguk smiled proudly and ruffled her hair.

“Wise words from a reckless child.”

“Ya!”

 

Kris looked up from his desk, Jungah walked in his office clad in a long body con skirt with a white chiffon top that was tucked around the waist.

“I’m on an errand.” She claimed as she set a leather folder on his desk. Kris looked at her and raised arched one brow.

“Lay asked me to drop by here and give them to you and about the contractor, I spoke to him over the phone.” She added.

“You did? We have a team for that.” Kris took the folder from her.

“I know, but it would be better to speak to him. I have a few questions too.” She nodded then she pulled her bag closer to her.

“Then, I’ll be going.”                    

Kris glanced at his wristwatch, it was almost lunch time.

“We’re meeting Haera later at two.” He said.

“You’re not a PDA, Wu Yifan. Of course, I know that.”

Kris blinked, then he looked at her.

“Let’s have lunch together, it would save us some time.”

“So demanding. I can’t even hear a question mark.”

“You don’t look like you’re busy.” Kris shrugged coolly and grabbed his coat.

“How about no.” She grinned but walked with him to the doors.

“People skills, mei.”

 

“Don’t start, Yifan.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++