You're My Star ft. Baekhyun (part I)

⌛ MQ- EXO Oneshot Collection ⌛

Posted on : 8th December 2013
Word Count : 2 1 9 1.

Request submitted by : A_MooNStar
 


(Part I of II)

"Stargazing again?" Her mother chuckled as she entered her daughter's room. Jieun simply ignored her mother's common comment as her eyes focused on the stars above her that seemed so close but so far away. Her arm extended as she used her index finger to magically connect the stars together in her mind, forming one of the famous twelve constellations of the zodiac. A smile somehow crept onto her face as she stared at the one thing she loves the most in her entire lifetime, stars.

"Jieun, you should eat." Her mother advised softly, coming out to the balcony to poke her daughter's side - her most sensitive spot. 

"W-Wait mom! Just for a moment!"

"The last time you said that, you didn't even touch your food." 

Her mother was right - nothing could pull Jieun away once it was night time and when the stars came out? Good luck pulling her back into the house or even back to reality - if you're lucky enough. 

Seeing that Jieun wasn't going to budge, "If you don't eat, I'll throw your binoculars-"

"Okay okay!" Jieun hurriedly went back in to eat up the plate of sandwich her mother made her - putting a smile on her mother's face.

"But after I'm done, I'm going to the park with Eun Ji." Jieun talked with slightly full from the huge bite she took from her sandwich. Her mother chuckled at her daughter's cuteness but managed to swipe her thumb at the corner of her lips to brush off the crumbs with a slight demand.

"Be back by 10.30p.m."

"11.00p.m."

"10.00p.m."

"Fine. 10.30p.m." Jieun groaned and admitted defeat - not wanting to lose anymore time from stargazing.

 

"Isn't it boring when you stare at the same thing over and over again?" His friend commented, patting his shoulder as he was diligently looking through his telescope that was set up on a tripod in the middle of the park. "Shh... You're bothering me." Baekhyun mumbled, focusing on the stars displayed before his very eyes and he could see it all clearer with the help of his telescope - thank God for the immense progress of technology nowadays.

"Well excuse me." Chanyeol muttered softly, deciding not to bother his friend as he sat down on the ground in the park.

"You know, usually guys like us should bring our girlfriends here, not come out here to see stars, Baek."

Silence was replied to him when Baekhyun didn't say anything, he was still interested in the tiny shining bright lights in the night sky that was almost too impossible for him to ignore. Firstly, Baekhyun doesn't have a girlfriend. Secondly, netiher does Chanyeol - so what 'girlfriends' is he talking about? Plus, the way each star had it's own personal and special meaning behind it - the way each star sparkles differently was so unique and beautiful that it totally pulled Baekhyun's soul in enough to ignore Chanyeol - it was already normal for Chanyeol though.

"Baek?" Chanyeol lifted his head from his arms to see that Baekhyun was still very intrigued into the sight he was able to see through his telescope. "Whatever..." Chanyeol grumbled as he rested his head back onto his arms as he stared at the sky. He tilted his head and sighed a little. Why does Baekhyun love stars so much? Ah. If I ask something star related, he would definitely reply me.

"Hey Baek,"

"What is it now, Yeol?" Baekhyun breathed out tiredly with his eyes still focused through the eyepiece of the telescope.

"Why do you love stars so much?"

Baekhyun lifted his head from the telescope and turned around to see his giant-like friend lying down on the ground with his arms crossed behind his head. Baekhyun's lips parted to answer but their attention landed on the voices from the other side of the park.

 

"Jieun, when will you stop stargazing? What's so special about stars anyway?"

Jieun sighed heavily and faced her friend as they walked towards their usual spot. "I told you Eun Ji, stars are really special. Each star is different and special in their own way. Even though to others they may seem the same - they're not. They all have their own shine, brightness and sparkle that they are so different that we can't just say they're all the same. And when they come together as a group, they form a beautiful pattern called-"

"Constellation." The two of them chorused at the same time, causing a small laugh to emit right after the two had said that at the same time.

 

"Jieun..." Baekhyun mumbled softly as his eyes focused on her walking towards the tree opposite where he was with Chanyeol. Chanyeol simply smirked and got up to sling his arm around his smaller friend's shoulder. "Baek, there's something called 'talking' you know?"

"And...?" Baekhyun dragged his word to expect a longer explanation as he looked up to his taller friend who smirked again. "Go talk to her. You know you've been wanting to ever since you saw her coming to this park a few months ago."

Baekhyun gulped but pushed Chanyeol away before he returned to his telescope. The thought of just approaching her out of nowhere would be really awkward. Sure they went to the same high school but Baekhyun being the timid guy he is, never found the confidence to talk to the girl he's been crushing on silently ever since he saw her coming to this park. "I can't, Yeol."

Chanyeol groaned inwardly but came to stand beside his friend who was now pretending to be 'fixing' his telescope but even he knows that Baekhyun was just using the telescope as an excuse to not talk to her - like he always would every single time Chanyeol brought up the idea of talking to Jieun. "And why not?" Baekhyun shrugged, using his thumb to circle around the eyepiece of the telescope. "I... I just can't. She might think I'm weird."

His taller friend simply gawked as looked at Baekhyun, at Jieun and back to Baekhyun again.

Weird?

How can the two of them be weird when they're so alike?

"Weird?!" Chanyeol's voice came out louder than expected that even Jieun and Eun Ji turned their heads to look at Chanyeol weirdly from a distance. Baekhyun hissed softly and crouched down to hide behind his telescope that was planted on the ground - as if that was going to hide Baekhyun. "How can she find you weird? You two are perfect for each other!"

Baekhyun shot up and placed a hand over Chanyeol's mouth when Eun Ji and Jieun looked away.

"Keep your mouth zipped, Yeol! She might hear you!"

Chanyeol shrugged Baekhyun's hand off and put his hands into his pocket. "She should."

Baekhyun pressed his lips together, glaring at Chanyeol who grinned from ear to ear. "I'll go steal her friend and you make your move. Call?" Baekhyun's lips parted as he eyed Chanyeol who was wiggling his eyebrows - threatening to walk towards the two girls sitting underneath the tree under the night sky. Chanyeol took a few steps away from a very nervous and panicky Baekhyun - oh this was very fun. I should do this more often, Chanyeol thought.

"Yeol! Get your back here!" Baekhyun half-shouted, half-whispered as he raised a clenched fist in the air.

"Come get me." Chanyeol smirked and turned around swiftly to run towards the two girls who were completely oblivious to anything the two boys were saying. "That's it. She'll never like me." Baekhyun muttered as he fell onto the ground and decided to play dead - hopefully, Chanyeol would trip over a rock and roll away like a giant buffalo he is.

 

"You know... I hear that Baekhyun guy likes you." Eun Ji whispered and Jieun replied with a soft hum as her eyes were locked on the night sky she could see through her binoculars. "Jieun... Stop ignoring me."

"I'm not..." Jieun's voice was soft even though Eun Ji kept on tugging on her arm.

"Jieun-ah... What if I blew up all the stars in the world?"

"I'll blow you up." Jieun replied monotonously when Eun Ji pouted a little, leaning back against the tree. Unexpectedly, a soft tap on Eun Ji's shoulder came from behind the tree. Eun Ji tilted her head a little to glimpse at Chanyeol who motioned her to come towards him. Gulping, she stood up and crept away from Jieun who didn't realize a thing. Once Jieun connected herself to the stars, it was very hard to bring her back to Earth just like Baekhyun but ever since Baekhyun saw her coming to this park, his attention easily diverted to her instead of the stars.

Eun Ji and Chanyeol hid themselves behind the tree as Chanyeol placed a finger on his lips, signalling her to keep quiet. "Do you think they'll work?" Chanyeol whispered and Eun Ji sighed. "I hope so. They should really get together." Chanyeol smiled as he held onto Eun Ji's hand. "C'mon, let's hide over there." Eun Ji smiled and nodded her head as she let Chanyeol lead them to the tree nearby.

Baekhyun moved his telescope to see that Eun Ji and Chanyeol were together sitting underneath a tree.

If Eun Ji is there with Chanyeol... then Jieun is...

Baekhyun directed his telescope at Jieun's direction to be correct - she was alone. His eyes widened when he could see her write something down onto her notebook before she continued to gaze at the stars through her binoculars. The way the moonlight shone down on her made her look more like an angel - a very beautiful one indeed. Her hair swept to one side and the way her lips would twitch upwards randomly as she stared at the stars. Am I like that too when I look at the stars? Baekhyun thought as he sighed. He leaned away from the telescope only to see with his very eyes that Eun Ji and Chanyeol were making hand gestures to make him talk to Jieun.

He stood up straight and shook his head vigrously, using his thumb to level it by his neck as he dragged it from left to right - sending a silent message saying he'll die if he talked to her.

"Stop being a wimp!" Chanyeol whispered through his cupped hands around his mouth.

"I'm not a wimp!" Baekhyun retorted back with a stomp on the ground. Eun Ji and Chanyeol simply chuckled quietly but Baekhyun still couldn't calm himself down.

If I don't go up and talk to her, I'll never get this chance again. I see her at school but it's so hard to talk to her - well, at least I think so. Maybe it's because she goes to the library a lot, maybe I should check there. Baekhyun, she's right there... go talk to her...

After debating with his mind for at least five minutes, he gathered all the courage in him with clenched fists - taking small and heavy steps towards the girl leaning against the tree.

When he was just a few more steps away from her, she got up and Baekhyun ran to hide behind the tree she was leaning against earlier.

He leaned closer and peeked from the tree to see that she received a text message and she sighed sadly after that.

"Eun Ji-ah, I have to go. Bye! And Chanyeol-ah, find a better hiding spot. I could hear you laughing from here." Jieun joked quietly and Chanyeol pouted a little but waved goodbye nonetheless even though Jieun couldn't see it. Baekhyun slid his back against the tree trunk until his bottom landed on the ground. Eun Ji and Chanyeol facepalmed themselves, sighing as they got up and walked towards Baekhyun who was more disappointed compared to the two of them combined. "Way to go Baekhyun. Way to go..." Baekhyun grumbled softly as he rubbed his face with two of his hands - regretting that he didn't react quicker.

"Baek, this is the billionth time you left this chance slip away."

Eun Ji nudged Chanyeol by his arm, not wanting to make Baekhyun feel worse. "Stop it. He's feeling bad about it already." Eun Ji whispered and Baekhyun sighed deeply with his hands still covering his face. "Well it's true. He's letting every single chance slip by as if it's going to come by again tomorrow."

"Chanyeol, stop-"

"He's right..." Baekhyun sighed as he moved his hands from his face. He lifted his chin to eye his friend and the very nice girl beside him. "He's right."

Baekhyun's head tilted to look at the girl jogging her way home with her telescope and phone in her hands as she did so. How could someone so perfect just pop out of nowhere and how dare she drove Baekhyun nuts without noticing it? Baekhyun simply stared at her figure disappear slowly even though two people was staring at the way he was staring at her but, he didn't care because all he could do was stare... at her.

 

 


A/N : And I'm terribly sorry for neglecting this collection, seriously. I've taken the time to write this and do you guys think this deserves a part two? ;) Let me know what you think! I hope there are people still reading this though ._.

Blank Canvas, Empty Heart - Featuring, Kris. (: