Friends, Best friends and lovers ft. Kai

⌛ MQ- EXO Oneshot Collection ⌛

Posted on : 17th December 2013
Word Count : --

Request submitted by : Kailuris
(this is actually from my scenario collection which you can check out here but I wanted to post it here as well! Enjoy!)
A/N : Pt.2 for Baekhyun's oneshot will be up but meanwhile, read this! <3



"Looks like someone decided to make the whole world frown today." A voice spoke up behind you just as you stood by your locker. Rolling your eyes, you looked over your shoulder to glare at the person who smirked right after he said that. There he was, ladies and gentleman, the boy you'd die to kill if there was a zombie apocalypse, this right here would be the first one you'd sacrifice as food to the zombies. Kim Jongin or, Kai as some would call him - even you.
 

No one really knows why the two of you hate each other to your guts but the two of you sure in hell do. Everyone thought that the two of you were actually close friends based on how you two knew each other well but, that was in the past because you two were actually close friends from when you were born up to the past two years of high school. You could remember that you were feeling psyched about being in the same high school as him, being able to smile at him, talk to him, walk with him to classes and such.
 

But little did you know, you sort of formed a huge crush on him and like everyone knows, a crush between friends could either mean a few things.
 

One, he'd accept your love because he's feeling the same.
 

Two, he wouldn't accept it but still try to be friends with you.
 

Three, he acts like a total about it, ignoring your confession and treats you like nothing after that.
 

Selection number three, was what he did to you and since he's acting like this, you're acting the same way he is to you. TIt for tat, no? Your parents felt like it was weird when you two didn't hang out with each other anymore. They used to see you talking, laughing, giggling, sharing secrets with one another that no one else knows and he used to come over a lot and vice versa but now everything just dropped. Well, not everything, considering he annoys you every time of the day in school that he has a chance - which seems like it has its own permanent schedule: every morning before the first bell rings, during recess and after school while you walked back home.
 

"Oh, I'm so scared." He faked fear as you turned around to slam your locker before you scoffed at him. "Are you talking about yourself? Because you, for one, are really good at making people frown - maybe even cry."
 

His fake smile of fear dropped as he stared at you, well aware that people in the hallway are taking this as a show for them. Gulping he faked a laugh - you knew it was fake because he was fiddling with one side of his pockets. "Oh yeah? Example?" He cocked and eyebrow and you did the unexpected when you took a step forward to place a hand on his shoulder - some people watching even gasped as you yanked him down to make his eyes level with yours, "Me." You breathed out on his lips before you shoved him away. "Stop pissing me off, it's annoying." You snapped at him before you looked over your shoulder to your best friend who smiled at you as she gladly came to you to drag you away to your next class.
 

Leaving the incredible Kim Jongin, dumbfounded by the hallway as people didn't even know what you said that made him freeze like that because they couldn't hear you.
 

 

 

"What was that all about again?" Your best friend nudged you by your arm when you two were seated in class. You smiled a little and waved a hand, "It's nothing."
 

"What do you mean 'it's nothing'?" A voice, a familiar one spoke up behind you and you rolled your eyes again, knowing who it was.
 

Curse the day he decided to follow the class seating and he was sitting behind you now. The class seating order was arranged by the form teacher and considering that no one actually follows the order apart from you and a few of your classmates - it doesn't really matter. But for once, Kai decided to follow the order and sit behind you as he was placed. "Just ignore him." You mouthed the words to your best friend no gave a nod before she faced forward.
 

 

 

During class, teacher was practically just writing notes on the board and it was a bit rowdy but it wasn't out of control where the students go crazy. You were just writing your notes, when you felt a kick at the leg of your chair. You decided to just shake it off as you continued to write your next word, until he kicked your chair again, causing your letter 'i' to turn into a letter 'j'. You hissed softly, looking over your shoulder to glare at him. "What do you want?"
 

"Nothing." His smirk was plastered on his face as he looked back at you. Rolling your eyes at him, you faced forward to continue but another kick was given on the other leg of the chair. Putting your pen down, you pushed your chair backwards, causing it to screech a little (not that it bothered anyone) and it definitely hurt Kai's foot when you hear him repeating the words "Ouch!" as he backed his foot away. Smirking, you pulled your chair back in front to continue writing until you felt your hair being released onto your shoulders.
 

You snap your head back at him to see that he took your hair tie, causing your hair to cover your shoulders. It's not that you looked bad with your hair down - hell no. You looked the exact opposite and people wondered why you never let your hair down but it felt messy and hot with it down, so you prefer to tie it up and now, he had your hair tie with no intentions of giving it to you back. You growled softly and snatched his pencil to point it at him, "Give it back, Kai."
 

He cocked his head sideways, finger swinging your hair tie around, "Or what?"
 

You sighed and threw the pencil at him, landing it at on his chest but he smirked, "Was that supposed to hurt me? Baby girl?"
 

Your eyes widened at the sudden nickname and a few people caught that - they were cheering softly. Your heart skipped a beat at the name - he's never called you that before... why now? Staring into his eyes, you could see mischief coating them, it urged you to fire back at him with your best shot. "Of course not... dear."
 

It was his turn to widen his eyes at you with shock as he stopped circling your hair tie around his finger. His lips parted a little and the same people who cheered, were now 'ooh' and 'aah'-ing at the two of you who were suddenly giving each other sweet, couple nicknames. He gulped and you saw that he was nervous considering he put his hand down to fiddle with your hair tie.


"D-Did you jus-?"
 

"Two can play at this game," You smirked at him and winked, "Sweetie."
 

For the same reason, Kai had already felt like his insides were melting just like yours - weird, isn't it? But you didn't know better, which leads to why you were playing along with him and he slowly gained back his conscious that the two of you still hated each other but from the look in your eyes, he could see that the same old you, the one that he used to play around with all day, the one that he'd always look forward in seeing, the one he missed dearly... was still in you.
 

He whipped back a playful grin and leaned forward with his elbows on the table. 
 

"I'm sure you wouldn't mind if I let," He looked around and smiled at the people staring, "Everyone know that you used to tell me you loved using my blanket whenever you came over." Your mouth gawked and some people suppressed a laugh as they stared at you. Your best friend gave you a few nudges, telling you to not get into this but it was far too late - you had already snapped back with, "Oh yeah? Coming from the guy who wanted me to share it with him."

 

As you raised two of your eyebrows in amusement, some people had already burst out laughing and you glanced at your best friend who stiffled a laugh - it was a bit funny considering how he looked at you in shock. Stammering, he gripped onto your hair tie, "What about that time you made me a valentine's day card?"

 

You scoffed and glared back at him, "Someone said he loved it a lot, thank you very much."

 

His fist banged the table slightly, "And that time when you said you loved me?"

 

Everyone didn't even know where this was going to go, but it was getting more and more intense. Some didn't know who to root for and some just stayed quiet, knowing this couldn't possibly end well. Your best friend had already gripped onto your arm as she shook you vigrously - trying to make you stop and Kai's best friend kicked his thigh, trying to make the two of you stop bickering with one another before - "Alright, I've had enough." The teacher deadpanned, causing the two of you to face forward with a paled expression and everyone else had scattered back to their seats with their lips shut.
 

"Thanks a lot." You mumbled softly as you swept your hair to one side and Kai couldn't stop grinning, "You're welcome."

 

"You," The teacher pointed at your face and over your shoulder, "Kai,"

 

"Detention." He said coldly before he took a piece of paper and wrote down the two of your names and he held it up high with a small frown. "I expected better from the two of you but considering you can't even keep your thoughts to yourselves, you might as well talk it all out in detention."

 

You sighed and shook your head, reaching for your pen to continue writing but Kai couldn't even write anything - he couldn't wait until detention.

 

 


"What about our shopping plans later?" Your best friend pouted, pulling her best puppy face and you pinched her cheeks, "Sorry, another day? I'll have to survive an hour with dork-brain later."

 

"I heard that." A voice spoke up behind you and you rolled your eyes for the umpteenth time today. It was after school already and you couldn't wait to just get through with detention so you could maybe go shopping with your best friend (if there was still enough time, that is). Ignoring what he said, you simply frowned at your best friend while she gave you a pat on the shoulder, "Stay strong. You can do it! Just don't get into another detention while you're at this one."

 

"No promises." You smirked at her and you signalled her to get going - maybe she could go shopping on her own first.

 

When she was gone, you turned around to be greeted with his oh-so-famous smirk, which you used to love but now you'd rather just pour goo all over it. "Let's walk together." He held onto your hand and you were appalled by it that you simply stared at him holding onto your hand - this was the Kai you've missed. The Kai that would randomly hold onto your hand whenever he'd like and he was doing it, once again. You simply tugged your hand back and stammered (although you tried not to), "W-Who said you could touch me? Walk there on your own."

 

With that, you simply made your way towards detention, with Kai following behind you as he gave smiles to the people staring at the two of you.
 

 

 

"Now the two of you sit in here for an hour and try not to kill each other, yeah? In an hour, I'll unlock the door and you can leave. For now, stay here." With that, your form teacher locked the two of you in the classroom and you sat at the left corner of the room in the front while he sat at the right corner of the room in the back. You didn't know what was going on but why was the atmosphere so weird? Why was it feeling like it was going to get a bit better...?

 

Ignoring everything, you simply pulled out your notebook where you did your homework - if he isn't going to say anything, neither should you.
 

 

After fifteen minutes of pure silence, his voice echoed the room, "Yah," You froze and gripped onto your pencil tight, "What?" You forced out of your lips and you hear him kicking his chair back. Your heart started to beat really fast but you tried to calm down. Remember, he broke your heart two years ago! You can't let that go!

 

Or...

 

Could you?

 

You simply tried to write another word but he swiped your pencil away from the back. You looked over your shoulder only to face forward when he sat down at the edge of your table from the side as he looked down on you. "We need to talk." He said softly, in a voice that the old him would say.

 

Well to you, the old him is dead and gone from the moment he laughed at your confession, treating it like it was nothing. It may be two years ago, but it still flashed into your mind as if it was yesterday. The tears you shed, the amount of ice cream you ate just to make you feel better, the amount of pictures you stared at the two of you while things were still heavenly - everything. Even your mother knew about your first heartbreak but she couldn't do anything about it. Your father nearly wanted to go over to Kai's house to scold the heck out of him but you didn't want your parents involved.

 

In fact, you didn't want anything to do with Kai from that day on but deep down inside, that little part of you still urges you to make things alright with him. To reconcile with him and make things to the way they once were. 

 

That little part of your heart - he still had it.

 

"We have nothing to talk about." You grumbled, taking another pencil from your pencil case and he pushed your pencil case aside - to the floor as he took threw the pencil he was holding to grip onto the other pencil you were holding onto. You glared at him and shot up from the seat, "What the hell is wrong with you?!"

 

He simply stared at you with those pair of dark orbs before he got up from the table just to make you sit back down. You blinked at him abruptedly when his hands were on your shoulders - his touch, it felt good to feel it again. Your heart skipped a beat when his face was suddenly so close as he loomed over you with his height, plus, you were sitting down with your hands gripping onto the sides of the chair, wanting to just push him away but your weak heart couldn't do it.

 

"Do you... still hate me?" His voice sounded so sincere, so pure as he stared into your eyes - hypnotizing you.

 

You looked away, "How can I not?"

 

The words you said, left a pang in his heart as he couldn't go on with what he wanted to do. Instead, he just stared at your side profile as you stared at the ground. "How can I not hate my best friend, who I had a crush on for so long and for him to just treat my heart and feelings as nothing?"

 

You turned your head back, to let your stare pierce into his heart, "How can I not hate you?"

 

His lips parted and he blinked his eyes slowly as his hand reached up to place it on your cheek - you allowed him to do that.

 

"I'm... I'm sorry." He gulped audibly as his tongue darted out to his lips nervously - an action you've haven't seen in a while. "I... I was just afraid that... if I accepted your feelings-"

 

"Oh no," You breathed out, pushing his hand and him away as you got up from your chair. You walked a few steps away before you turned around to shake your head with a hand up to point at his face, "Don't give me that bull. Don't even try."

 

He looked so hopeless, so helpless as he pushed the chair away to stand in front of you. "But I mean it!" He raised his voice, hands clutching onto your shoulders to shake you - you were silent this time as your hand fell to your side. "I couldn't even think about how it would be like if we got together! I felt like every time I saw you, my heart would skip a beat. Every time you call my name out, I would feel as if an angel was calling me out. I didn't know that the guy you've been talking about all this while was me. I didn't know because I didn't want to be the guy to break your heart when..."

 

You blinked at him as you lowered your tone, "When what?"

 

He looked up to your eyes with a sigh, "When I love you more than you love me." You clicked your tongue and raked a hand through your hair before you stared back at him in disbelief. "Then why the hell did you break my heart?"
 

His hands framed your delicate cheeks, bringing your forehead to lean against his as he whispered on your lips, "I made a mistake and... I'd like a chance to make it up to you. All these years of acting cold, of playing a fool around you, I know I'm a jerk, but it's to let you see that you shouldn't fall for a guy like me but... I guess after all these years... you never left my mind."

 

You wanted to trust him so badly because this... this was the Kai you've been missing all along. Your hands reached up to press it on his manly chest as you felt his heartbeat - he wasn't lying. His heart was beating so fast, you thought his heart was yours. Then again, his heart was already yours from the moment you two met. "How do I know you're not lying?" Your voice was so soft, as if you were afraid he was going to break you again but this time on, he smiled on your lips, "I'll promise you and... I'll show you."

 

With that, his lips had already pressed on yours lovingly, taking his own time and pace to give you a kiss he's been dying to give you ever since you told him your name, ever since you called his name out - ever since you fell in love with him, everything. Your hands moved to place it on his neck and he used a hand to make your arms go around his neck as his hands moved to place it on your waist. His lips tasted sweet, as his lips molded perfectly against yours. You mewled softly when his tongue on your bottom lip, asking for entrance and you knew he would do anything to get what he wanted. He pinched your waist lightly, causing you to gasp into the kiss and he smirked against your lips before he slipped his tongue in - to taste you as well as promising you even more that he would never break your heart again.

 

Even though you wanted more, he broke the kiss with a lengthy breath as he had his forehead, still pressed against yours.
 

"Is that enough to promise you?" He breathed out on your lips, urging you to open your eyes to look at him but you couldn't. Your cheeks were flushed with a deep shade of pink and you didn't know how to even look at him now. Was he your boyfriend? Were you guys still enemies? Were you guys even friends again? What were the two of you now? Noticing your state, he kissed your nose, "Hey... Look at me."

 

You shook your head and he chuckled warmly, leaning away as he tucked strands of your hair behind your ear, "By the way, you look beautiful with your hair down..."
 

Your eyes fluttered open with a shocked expression and he grinned at you, "Finally." He sighed dreamily when he saw your eyes again. Gulping, you fiddled with your fingers behind his neck, "W-What are we now... Kai?"

 

He simply shrugged, walking around you to stand behind you and you frowned, what does he mean?

 

With that, you felt your hair being lifted up, as if he was tying your hair and the moment he tied your hair up into a perfect ponytail, he wrapped his arms around you waist from behind. His warm chest pressed onto your back while his masculine arms tugged around your frame - you didn't know what to do now. His lips were beside your ear, "Friends," He answered softly, moving to your cheek to plant a kiss, "Best friends,"

 

He had a hand up to make your cheek turn so he could peck your lips. "And lovers."