Maybe, Just Maybe ft. Lay

⌛ MQ- EXO Oneshot Collection ⌛

Posted on : 25th December 2013
Word Count : --

(this is actually from my scenario collection which you can check out here but I wanted to post it here as well! Enjoy!)
A/N : LOL. I still haven't wrote Baekhyun's one yet. I think I should write it now. x

MERRY CHRISTMAS ! ♥


 

 

Kicking the stones ahead of you on the pavement, you walked down the sidewalk as you made your way towards school with the usual moood you'd always have. The kind of mood where you weren't exactly sad and there isn't much of a reason to drag you down but you just didn't find a reason to be happy. Like, why would you? There was nothing much to be happy about. Of course, you had a perfect family - the one that loved you and supported you throughout anything you'd choose in life but sometimes, there comes a time where you just don't know what you're doing with your life and you wonder, just wonder, why were you even brought to life?
 

Why were you brought to this planet?
 

Earth.
 

Why?
 

Yet again, no answer would come - which would just leave you to be like this everyday since not too long ago. It was completely normal to your parents though, saying they understood how it was like to pass through that certain stage in life and yet, they still didn't push you too much into smiling everyday which was more than you could ever ask for. But that doesn't mean they still don't try to make you open up to them more than you already have.
 

Oh, not to mention, they made you promise them that you'd never even think about killing yourself and that you'd talk to them about anything. Weird, you've never even thought about ending your life not even once.
 

Probably they really care for you that much...
 

 

As you stood by the sidewalk, ready to cross the road, a voice behind you called, "Hey!"
 

You startled up a little, tugging your bag over your shoulder but you continued to walk anyway, looking left and right and left again before you crossed. Just as you reached on the other end, you hear thuds behind you as you looked over your shoulder once you stopped walking, only to lay eyes on a certain boy you've never seen before. He flashed his pair of visible dimples at you, reeling you in with that angelic smile of his as he quickly brushed his clothes, fixing his hair as he stood behind you with his bag over his shoulders - he clearly looks like a new kid.
 

"H-Hey, I'm sort of new here an-" Giving him no time to speak, you had already turned around on your heels to continue walking. "Wait!" He hollered when you were five steps away. Groaning inwardly, you sighed and spun back around to see him frown at you - why was he bugging you anyway?
 

"I'm new here and, I hear you're in the same high school as me so if you don't mind, can I walk with you?"
 

Raising an eyebrow at him, you simply swung your bag pack to the front where you ped the main zip to fish out a piece of paper and a pencil that you held with your teeth. He was left in a daze as he watched you rake your hair backwards without a care, eyes boring onto the paper as you draw directions on how to get there - so he didn't have to walk with you. He noticed how sad your eyes looked, how they didn't flash with glee but somehow, he managed to see a sparkle in them. He managed to see something that was so endearing to him, that he didn't realize he was staring for more than a minute.
 

You shoved the pencil into your bag and swung it back to carry it properly with a shoulder before you handed him the piece of paper. He felt tingles on his fingers when your skin brushed against one another - this was so foreign to him, but completely normal to you. It was rather amusing to you on how he kept blinking at you as if you were going to eat him or something.
 

"There. Those are directions on how to get to school. Good luck." With that, you gave him a faint nod before you turned around to keep walking but little did you know, you hear footsteps following behind you, causing you to stop - only to notice the footsteps a moment ago had stopped as well.
 

As you took a step, you heard a soft scratch on the ground as the heel of his shoe had scraped the ground lightly - letting you know that he was definitely following you. With a curse escaping your lips, you looked over your shoulder where he smiled at you warmly, still not continuing to walk unless you'd walk. "Stop following me." You deadpanned and faced forward only to gasp softly when he appeared in front of you with a bright grin on his face.
 

Gulping, you rolled your eyes at him, "What do you want? I gave you directions. Just follow that and you'll get there, no problem."
 

"What if, I lost the directions you gave me?" He asked in a rather curious voice, eyebrow cocking a little as you scoffed at him. "But you still have them, so-"
 

With that, your eyes widened upon his actions; he had torn the directions you gave him in half, and in half again, and in half again - totally destroying the directions you drew for him perfectly but now they were in bits of paper. "I don't have it now. So can I follow you?" He asked with a smile, leaving you sigh at him. He blinked at you expectantly along with this ray of hope in his eyes shining on you as if you were his only saviour. Not wanting to look like the bad guy who didn't help the kid on his first day, you gave up and grumbled lowly, "Whatever."
 

Upon hearing your cute complaint, he left with no regrets as he followed beside you, noticing that you'd put your hands in your pocket as you walked. In his mind, he wanted to know so much: why you were looking as if you didn't want to live, why you were so different like the other girls he met, why he was so... intrigued into you as if you were this rare jewell that he wanted to polish to make you shine, why he wanted to make you smile so badly - like how he'd always want to for other people but for you, he wanted to accomplish this more than anything.
 

The most important want of all, he wanted to know your name.
 

"What's your name?" He built the courage to ask the moment you two reached in front of the school gates. You tilted your head to the right where you could see his pair of eyes gleaming at you. They urged you to mutter your name out - even if it was in a quiet voice but you were pulled back into reality when the bell rang. "Get to class. You're going to go on the hate list of the teacher you become late to on your first day." With that, you had already head in quick, leaving him outside there as he had this determination in him to at least see you again before this day ends.
 

 

 

As the bells rang again, indicating it was recess, you had already left the classroom with your things still in there as you walked past the cafeteria, straight towards the field. Little did you know, you had walked past that boy again who you met earlier but much to his surprise, you had just walked by as if he was nothing. Smiling quietly, he decided to follow you.

 

 

 

When you reached a familiar tree, you sat down underneath it, on the bench with a table in front of you, a wooden one in fact. There were just the random wooden tables and benches that were around the field for students to rest after P.E. but in your case, you came here whenever it was recess. You sort of lost your appetite to eat nowadays, which leads to why you just like to sit here with your earphones where you listened to some music before you'd need to head back to class. "I told you not to follow me." You spoke up, causing him to jerk as you lifted your chin to eye him from a distance.
 

He rubbed the back of his neck nervously as he looked at you, biting his lower lip. "I... I didn't know where the cafeteria was."
 

You scoffed, amusedly. "Nice lie. We walked past the cafeteria on the way here."
 

Letting out a soft sigh, he admitted defeat. "F-Fine. I followed you here."
 

"As if that wasn't obvious enough..." You mumbled, fishing out your earphones as you plugged them into your phone before putting them on. He came closer towards you when he noticed you were slightly calm. "May I?" He pointed at the bench opposite you with the table being the barrier. You shrugged, looking away as your eyes admired the trees. The way the wind gushed through them with force but they stayed in place, it made you stare at it in awe so much that he wanted to know why.
 

But before that, he asked, "What are you listening to?"
 

"Nothing." You muttered quietly, eyes still locked onto the tree gracefully swaying from left to right.
 

He thought that maybe you were being sarcastic or maybe just keeping things to yourself that he'd rather not question too much but he couldn't really hold himself back. He wanted to know so much. His eyes started to follow yours as he too, stared at the tree. He cocked his head to the side a little, wondering what was so interesting that he had to ask, "What are you looking at?"
 

You groaned inwardly, praying he would just keep quiet but the other half of you wanted him to continue talking - he too, appeared to be different. Why was it like this?
 

"Trees." You breathed out softly but he caught that. To be honest, you weren't listening to anything - the sounds of nature were actually your music but since he was here, you thought he might not talk to you with these on. Clearly, you were wrong.
 

"Why?"
 

You frustratedly pulled your earphones as you looked at him in disbelief, "Why are you questioning so much?"
 

"Because I want to know." He replied smoothly, eyes locked onto yours as if he was giving you a silent message. Whatever message that is, you let it pass. "About what?"
 

"You." His eyes blinked at you slowly, in the beauty of you as he leaned closer, letting his elbows rest on the table. "What's your name?" He managed to ask again but this time you stood up, just in time with the school bell ringing. "Nobody." Upon hearing that, he shot up only to watch you walk back quickly into the school building with your back facing him. He sighed as he watched you leave. He still didn't get your name.


 

 

Walking back home, you kicked the stones again on your way as you were on the sidewalk. The cracks of the pavement on the ground were still left as it was as you walked, nothing has changed and nothing will change. All your negative thoughts were flushed the moment a person was standing in front of you. Your head lifted up only to meet with a pair of familiar eyes that greeted you warmly - it was him, again.
 

"Look, what do you want?" You hissed, wanting to just smack him across the face or maybe, just maybe, hug him - just for the heck of it. You had no idea why he was being this way but you don't intent to know. Deep down inside, you knew you wanted to know. Your mind was just playing tricks on you.
 

"I just want to tell you that from now on, I'm following you."
 

You laughed, even if it was out of amusement, he found it so beautiful... Your laugh.
 

"Are you declaring that you're going to stalk me from now on?"
 

He shook his head, coming closer and you held your breath. "Any step closer and I'll break a part of your body." You warned him lowly but gasp the moment he held onto your hand. He gave you a firm grip - to assure you he wasn't going to harm you. To assure you he wasn't going to cause any trouble.
 

To assure you that he wanted to start as friends - before he would continue on any further.
 

"My name is Zhang Yixing but you can call me Lay. We're neighbours and we just met but I'd like to know you better from here. Please don't try to push me away, because I'm really good in ignoring the fact you want me gone that I'll stay by you." Even though you could sense sincerity, you asked, "Why are you doing this?" 
 

He could take note that you were scared - scared of attachment and the fact that you were now gripping onto his hand, he knew it was a good sign and you were just acting all harsh on him; it was just a mask.
 

"Because I want to. And because... I'm attracted." His lips curled up into a smile and you sighed, shaking your head.
 

"I'm really bad at being nice." You tried to warn him but he simply let go of your hand, still letting a smile linger on that angelic face of his. "And I'm really bad at listening to orders."
 

"D-Don't just think I'll be so friendly with you. We just met." Your voice lost it's stability, letting him realize that you were probably just... lonely. That you just needed someone to make an effort to stay by your side and for once, he was going to be that person for you. It felt so right, even if it looks wrong, it feels right.
 

"I know," He grinned, "But I'm willing to take my chances."
 

With that, he had walked you home and made you promise to walk with him to school again.

 

 

Maybe. 

 

Just maybe.

 

Lay was the happiness you were looking for.