I Will Love You Better ft. Kris. (part I)

⌛ MQ- EXO Oneshot Collection ⌛

Posted on : 7th June 2013.
Word Count : 2 9 1 3.

Request submitted by : Cookiekpop.
 

 

Part I out of II

“Kris! Stop it!” she chuckled before pushing his hands away. “Oh no you don’t!” He said as he pulled her down to make her land on top of him on the green grass. “S-Stop!” she giggled again but he wouldn’t let her go. He continued doing this until she began to grow tired and he felt the same. He let go of her and she lied down on the grass beside him. It was broad daylight and the two best friends could be seen playing with one another again. Even though he was a celebrity, he has always made time for her considering she was his best friend even before he was a star.

His name was Kris Wu Yi Fan. The charismatic leader of EXO-M who she fell for. She has a crush on him ever since she could remember seeing his face in every single of her memories as a child. This crush..is something she wanted to admit now, before it was all too late.

“I like you.” She breathed out and his eyes widened when he thought he had heard otherwise. He gulped as he kept silent, hoping that was just a slip out but he tried to play along with her. “I like you too.” He said monotonously and she sighed. “No Kris, I mean.. I like you more than a best friend.” She admitted as she felt a tight grip around her heart when he didn’t say anything. They were friends for over 7 years now and she felt like if he doesn’t accept her now, she has to move on. They were now eighteen years old and this is the time where people experiment to have love and relationships. These two met when they were just eleven.

“I-I’m sorry, I-“ she laughed before she sat up to look at him. “I’m just kidding!” she chimed with a tear rolling down her cheek. Kris gulped as he sat up to try to wipe her tear away. He knew her more than she knew herself. She was trying to fake happiness in hopes she would not cry but she was doing a horrible job at it. “H-Hae Min..” he called her name out as he placed a hand on her cheek. “I-I’m sorr-“

“Who said I ever liked you?! You fell for it?!” she joked as she pressed her lips together to force out a smile as another tear rolled down her cheek. “P-Please..” he croaked out softly as she shot up from the ground. She was never the kind to cry in front of another person. This was the first time Kris saw this and he’s not going to lie, he felt like he had just committed the worst sin ever but he couldn’t possibly risk the chance of dating her. What if they didn’t last? What will happen to their friendship? What if EXO fans hated her?

He was thinking all the consequences that would happen to her if he accepted her confession. Believe him, he wanted this more than anyone but he didn’t want to be selfish. He couldn’t let all of this happen to her. “I’m going home now!” she pulled her hand away from his. “Hae Min listen to me-“

“No no no! It’s okay! I’m just going home because..” another tear rolled down her cheek before she could say anything. “Hae Min.” Kris breathed out as he couldn’t stand to watch her cry. “I’m just going to eat some chocolate.” She laughed before she took a step back with tears streaming down her face. She wiped the tears before she looked up at him. “Don’t worry about the tears. T-They’re all fake.” She waved a hand at him as she kept on trying to smile but even Kris could see through that smile that was going to break anytime soon. “I’ll see you tomorrow alright?”

“Hae Mi-“ he couldn’t even call her name out or explain as she had already turn around to run away back to her house. He dropped his hand to his side as he knew this was for the best.

Three years have gone by and they were hitting off as best friends just fine, until she got a job under the company he was signed under. She was working as a makeup artist under SM Entertainment. Because of this, she got to meet all the EXO members that Kris didn’t want her to meet. What if she made time for them more than she made time for him? But that didn’t bother him when she would always make time for him. This all changed when slowly, she didn’t have time for him.

“You free tonight?” Kris asked as she was applying makeup on his face. She frowned a little before she dabbed powder on his face. “Sorry, I’m going out with someone tonight.” She smiled at the thought of going on a date with that guy who asked her out but it was Kris’s turn to frown. Lately she doesn’t have time for him anymore and the only time he got her this close was when she was putting makeup on his face. He held onto her hand and she stopped doing whatever she was doing. “Is something wrong?” she asked and he let go of her hand with a sigh. He shook his head before she smiled at him. “Have fun.” Was all he said as he got up from the seat.

She took her leave early off work and Kris sighed when he came into the makeup room only to find her gone. He sat down on the sofa before he closed his eyes. “Gege, is something bothering you?” Tao asked as he poked Kris’s arm. “Huh? Oh..No, I’m fine.” Kris sighed as he sat up so Tao could sit down on the sofa in front of him. “What’s bothering you?”

“What do you mean?” Kris asked as he arched an eyebrow. “You’ve been.. occupied in your thoughts lately.” Kris sighed as he had to agree with that. “I..”

“You can tell me if you want. I won’t tell the members.” Tao grinned before Kris gave a pat on Tao’s shoulder. “And this is why you’re a great friend.” Tao smiled before he nodded his head and he signaled Kris to go on. “I-It’s about this girl and..”

“And..?”

“We’ve been best friends since we were  eleven and..”

“And you like her?” Tao asked and Kris sighed. “Well..It’s complicated.”

“Is that it?” Tao asked, waiting if Kris had anything left to say before he would give his thoughts about this. “It’s just that, she confessed to me three years ago.” Kris sighed and Tao patted his shoulder, gesturing him to go on. “I sort of rejected her but it was for her own good but now..”

“Now she doesn’t even have time for me anymore.” Tao looked down before it was his turn to sigh. “Look,” Tao breathed out as he squeezed Kris’s shoulder he was holding onto. “Sometimes, you don’t get the things you want now and you will get them later. If you were meant to be with her, God has a mysterious way of working.”

Kris scoffed before he pushed Tao’s hand away. “Since when you got so wise?”

“Ever since you bought for me my favorite bag.” Tao chuckled before he got up. “But really Gege, if you think she’s that worth it, you should do something about it.”

She was dressed up in a black dress that wrapped around her body nicely. It had three quarter sleeves along with an exposed back of the dress. The dress covered her knees and she had her hair down. She smiled herself in the mirror before she sighed. “He’s going to be here any minute now.” She bit her lower lip when there was a knock on her door. “That must be him!” she chimed as she reached for her purse. “Hey you’re ear-“ her voice trailed off when her date wasn’t standing in front of the door. “K-Kris, what are you doing here?” she asked as he gulped before calling her name out softly. “H-Hae Min..”

“Oh, Kris. What are you doing here?” another voice spoke behind Kris and Kris turned around to see who that familiar voice belonged to. “Oh, Suho. You’re here.” She smiled at him nervously before she tucked strands of her hair behind her ear. “W-What are you doing here?” Kris asked as Suho smiled before sliding past Kris to sling an arm over Hae Min’s shoulder. “We’re dating.” Suho announced as Hae Min blushed slightly. Kris gulped before his eyes widened. “D-Dating? T-The two of you? Since..when?”

“Ever since her hand touched my face when she was applying makeup on my face. I asked her for her number and from there we started going out.” Suho said as he pressed his lips onto Hae Min’s forehead. Kris clenched his fists behind his back before he forced out a smile. “T-That’s great. Have..a good time.” Kris croaked out softly before he took a step back from Hae Min’s doorstep. “K-Kris..” she called him out softly but he waved a hand before he smiled with his teeth. “Have a great time. I..I was just passing by and I wanted to drop by to say hi. You two have a great one tonight.” Kris said before he turned around to walk away. Kris drove off in his car and he was speeding a little before he made a quick brake to stop by the roadside. He roughly slammed the steering wheel as a tear rolled down his cheek.

After a few days, Kris arrived at the place where he was going to record a talk show and as expected, Hae Min was there putting on makeup on the members. When he entered, the rest of the members cheered. “There’s good news!” Baekhyun chimed as he pulled Kris into the circle that was formed around Suho and Hae Min who got pulled away from putting makeup on Suho's face. He could roughly tell what they were going to say. “Alright,” Suho breathed out as he gripped onto Hae Min’s waist. “I just want to tell you guys that both of us are dating.” Everyone cheered loudly and they clapped their hands. Kris clapped his hands and he stared at Hae Min. Hae Min caught him staring and he mouthed the words, “Congratulations.”

“Thanks.” She mouthed back as she diverted attention away from him when Suho gave her a kiss on the cheek.

During the talk show, every member was focused on answering the questions being asked by the talk show host except for Kris. He kept glancing at the backstage where he could see Hae Min perfectly as she was watching the show being recorded live. She waved at him a little and he smiled before he wanted to wave back but Tao, who was sitting beside him nudged him by his arm to get him ready as the talk show host was going to ask Kris a question. “Now Kris, a lot of fans are curious.”

“Do you have a girlfriend?” the talk show host asked and he used the corner of his eye to look at Hae Min. “No.” he answered directly before the girls in the audience cheered loudly. “But,” Kris breathed out as he looked down on his hands. “A girl caught my heart ever since we were kids.” The audience started to keep quiet after they cheered a soft “Aww.”

“She gave me her heart and I couldn’t take it. I was so stupid to realize that I should’ve accepted her heart with two hands in the first place.”

“Where is this girl now?” Kris smiled before he looked up at everyone looking at him. “She’s close to me, but so far. She took my heart away and she’s such a mean person.” The audience totally kept silent when Kris said that. The talk show host was going to say something until Kris said, “She still hasn’t given my heart back to me up until now.” It was so silent you could hear a pin drop. He used the corner of his eyes to see if Hae Min was standing there but she was gone. Probably gone back to the makeup room. The other members didn’t know what to say until, “I stole Kris Gege’s money once.” Tao said, receiving laughter from everyone as the whole topic has changed because of Tao. “Thank you.” Kris whispered to Tao and Tao gave a nod before he continued to explain about how he had stole Kris’s money. It really happened, it wasn't just a cover up.

After the recording ended, the first person Suho came to see at the makeup room was Hae Min. He hugged her tight before he gave a peck on the lips. The guys flooded the room and they cooed when they saw the leader hugging his girlfriend. “Get a room!” Chanyeol cried out playfully and the rest laughed except for one of them. You could guess who, right? Kris sat the corner of the room as he stared at his phone wallpaper. It was a picture of him giving Hae Min a piggyback when they were eighteen, a few days before she confessed. “Who is tha-“ Tao’s voice trailed off when he saw the wallpaper. “T-That’s..” Kris nodded when the name Tao wanted to say was the name of the girl in the picture.

It’s been six months since her relationship with Suho has blossomed and it was going just fine until one day she switched on the television to see the reruns. So happened the talk show Kris was on along with EXO popped up on the channel. “Do you have a girlfriend?” the talk show host asked and her eyes widened as she put down everything to sit closer to the television.  “No.” he answered and she somehow felt relieved. She wanted to get up from the couch but she couldn’t when he said “But,” she gulped and she found herself drawn into the television.

“A girl caught my heart ever since we were kids. She gave me her heart and I couldn’t take it. I was so stupid to realize that I should’ve accepted her heart with two hands in the first place.”

“Where is this girl now?”

“She’s close to me, but so far. She took my heart away and she’s such a mean person.” She could tell Kris was going to go on even longer but she couldn’t watch anymore. From the doorstep, Suho was going to surprise his girlfriend because he has a duplicate key of her house but he ended up just standing there as he watched his girlfriend watch the television program with a tear running down her cheek. He took a glance at what she was watching and he saw Kris talking about the girl who stole his heart and the girl who gave him her heart. He knew that she had feelings for Kris but he tried to convince himself that she loves him now. Even with all that convincing, he knew deep down inside, she still had feelings for Kris.

There was once he caught her mumbling Kris's name and cursing him in her sleep. Whispering "You're such a jerk for breaking my heart." and other words that made his heart ache even though he should be the one hurting but watching her like this made him hurt even more. Also, one day he was alone in her house and he decided to do some cleaning but he accidentally knocked down a box on her writing table. When he picked up the box, it was filled with letters. All the letters of her confession to Kris from all those years that she never got the guts to give to him. It clenched his heart but he knew that Hae Min was the one hurting even more. There was actually a key to this box, and Suho took it without Hae Min realizing. Suho closed the door quietly and placed the red rose on her front door before he walked away.

“Who is it?” Kris asked as he was lying down on his bed with a book in his hands. “It’s me, Suho.” Kris’s eyes widened and he got up from his bed. “Hae Min is probably with him.” Kris muttered under his breath before he opened the door. He opened the door only to surprise himself when he only saw Suho. “Where’s Hae Min?” Kris asked and Suho came in without an invitation. “S-Suho?” Kris croaked out as he closed the door. “Hae Min likes you.” Suho breathed out and Kris’s eyes widened.

Suho turned around to face Kris who was still standing by the door. “And you like her too.” Kris gulped but he couldn’t say anything. This was all too sudden for him. “I-Is something wron-“

“Don’t play dumb with me.” Suho said with a stern voice. “I’ll give you one day.” Suho raised a finger in front of Kris’s face. “One day to make things right with her. If you don’t take this chance to make her yours even after all this while, I’m not letting her go anymore. No matter how much she loves you.” Suho said as he brush past Kris to get out of Kris’s house. Suho was about to close the door behind him but he went back in to place two keys on the table.

 

 

 


Author's note : There are two parts for this! Take it as a twoshot :) Because it was getting WAY too long and I didn't want it to be too long so I seperated it into two parts! Hopefully I'll have the other part up by tonight or latest by tomorrow so keep a look out! :D As usual, your comments are definitely welcomed. -spreads arms wide- :B

Also! Thank you to Cookiekpop for your request! I did change a little bit here and there with a little twists and turns so here it is :) MYEH! <3