Thank You ft. Luhan.

⌛ MQ- EXO Oneshot Collection ⌛

Posted on : 26th June 2013.
Word Count : 2 7 3 5.

 


She was fumbling with the lace of her dress as she waited backstage. Her boyfriend Luhan, was part of a boy group called EXO. In which he’s under EXO-M, one of the subgroups in EXO. Her boyfriend was known as the pretty boy and the pretty face of the group because of his doe eyes, milky skin and delicate features in which a male shouldn’t have but in this case, Luhan has it. Even with all these features, he seemed to appeal as what you call, ‘manly’ to Swin Hae. They’ve been going out for roughly 4 years now even way before Luhan debuted but ever since his group came back with a song called ‘Wolf’, things have been crazy since then.

Many fan girls were drooling over them especially her boyfriend too since now he has dark maroon hair instead of his blond hair. He fitted both perfectly and no matter what color hair he has, she would love him regardless. “A-Are you sure we should do this?” she whispered to EXO’s manager who was sitting beside her backstage as they saw Luhan, Kai, Chen, Chanyeol and Suho sitting opposite the MC’s and host. It was the first time EXO appeared on this show, The Beatles Code and since EXO has too many members, only these five were voted to attend.

Lately, he doesn’t have much time for her as he usually would because of his tight schedule. He would either be in other talk shows or preparing for music stages and whatnot. Soon, EXO would have concerts along with fan meetings. When would Luhan have time for her? Of course, that didn’t exactly break the two apart considering they love each other a lot but recently they got into a silent argument. In which was Luhan’s fault.

He had forgotten his plans with her for their 4th year anniversary and instead he went out with the members. What broke her heart even more was he didn’t even call or text telling her he was sorry. To make things even worse than it already is, she prepared so much on that day considering she knows her boyfriend would love it when she showed her love to him through actions. She cooked dinner with all his favorite dishes, set up her house in a way for them to watch a few movies together along with a gift and a cake she made for him.

“Where is he?” she tapped her fingers on the dining table as everything was finally ready and set up. Candles lit up on the table along with scented candles in parts of the house. The table was filled with food that she knows Luhan would love to eat especially when these are the dishes she learnt personally online because these were recipes of food from China. Food that Luhan couldn’t eat as often as he would love to. She peeked into the kitchen where she could see the cake that she spent an hour making. It was a heart shaped cake filled with chocolate in the middle because Luhan loves chocolate.

There was a bowl of marshmallows and popcorn on the kitchen counter for the movie time later and she sighed when she looked at the clock. It was already 8.30p.m. but he said he would be there at 6.30p.m. “Maybe he’s caught up in traffic.” She nodded her head before she crossed her arms on the table to stare at the plate of food in front of her eyes. “Anytime now Luhan..” She croaked out softly before she lifted her chin to look at her phone screen. She went to her inbox only to see there were no messages. 9.45p.m. and her eyes were getting heavy, soon she rested her head on her arms to fall asleep.

When she opened her eyes she was hoping to at least see Luhan but in the end she saw no one but herself. She went online with her phone to check EXO's Weibo and she saw a picture of him having with the guys. She nodded her head before putting her phone aside. "At least you had fun." she muttered softly before looking down on the dining table where she had put all her heart in making it perfect but now it was all useless.The food on the table was cold, the candles have melted down and the popcorn in the kitchen wasn’t crunchy anymore. She let a tear run down her cheek as she tried to even maybe eat a spoonful of the food she spent so much time making but she couldn’t taste anything the moment she started crying hard.

Luhan wasn’t aware he forgot about it until when they met up in person after weeks of not seeing each other.

She waited patiently on her sofa as she knew her boyfriend was going to come any minute. The moment the doorbell rang, her heart skipped a beat, knowing her boyfriend is here. “N-No, you can’t give into him so easily. That was a very important day.” She whispered to herself as she pushed herself up and walked towards the door. She opened the door and Luhan came running in before he shut the door behind him. He leaned his back against the door before he slid all the way down. “Thank God, I thought the fans would recognize me.” He breathed out and she crossed her arms in front of her chest as she gulped to stare at him.

She was never the kind to get angry or lose her temper but she didn’t know what got into her that day. Luhan sighed when he pushed himself up from the ground before taking off his cap, sunglasses and jacket. He smiled the moment he saw his girlfriend that he pulled her in for a tight hug. “I missed you so much.” He breathed out as he hugged her tight with his arms around her waist. He froze when he didn’t feel her arms around his waist. He furrowed his eyebrows before he broke the hug with his hands at the sides of her waist.

“Hey, what’s wrong?” he asked softly with a worried look on his face. “Are you hurt? Did something happen within these few weeks that I don’t know about?” he asked softly again, wanting to know what was upsetting his girlfriend so much but he didn’t know he was the reason why. “You’ve been crying..” he muttered softly when he brushed the bottom of her eyes with his thumbs as his hands cupped her cheeks. “What’s wrong?” he asked again but this time she gazed down to the ground.

“Do you not remember?” she asked and he pulled his hands away from her cheek. “R-Remember?” he looked up to stare at the ceiling, trying to recall what happened or what he may have forgot but nothing came into his mind. “I-I don’t get what you mean.” He said and she nodded her head slowly after pressing her lips into a thin line. She took a step behind to take a calendar before placing it in his hands. “S-Swin Hae, what’s going on?” he questioned softly but she wouldn’t say a word. She reached for a box on the sofa before placing it in his hands, above the calendar.

“Good luck for your appearance in The Beatles Code.” She smiled weakly before she lifted a hand up to do a small fist pump into the air. "Fighting." she whispered before she looked away from her boyfriend when her hand fell down to her side. “B-Baby you’re scaring me. Did I do something wro-“

“Nothing.” She shook her head before a tear ran down her cheek. “Absolutely nothing.” She breathed out before she let out a shaky breath. “I’m feeling a bit sick and.. There’s food in the fridge and..” she placed a hand over before she turned around to run to her room where she shut the door tight. She didn’t know why she was being so emotional about this but she really missed her boyfriend. She was hoping he would miss her just as much even though he has so much on his shoulders. She understands that he would get busy and stressed about all this but even if he couldn’t make it for their anniversary, the least he could’ve done was tell her so she wouldn’t wait all night for him.

He put everything down onto the ground before he went towards Swin Hae’s room. “Baby, open the door.” He knocked on the door multiple times but she wouldn’t open the door. “Baby!” he called out again as he knocked harder this time. He fumbled with the doorknob but it wouldn’t open. He could hear her sobs through the door and his heart clenched. "Please! Open up!" he knocked on the door again but it was hopeless when she shouted a soft "I'm fine! Just leave me alone!" She locked the door tight and there was no way he could open it. He sighed before he turned around to walk back towards the box and the calendar. He sat on the ground before he flipped the calendar only to stop on one specific date. On that box it was written,

'4th year together with this amazing boy! Check list on the fridge for preparations! Don't forget! ^^'

His mouth gaped open before he got off from the floor to dash towards her fridge in the kitchen.

He saw sticky notes everywhere on her fridge with messages that caught his eyes as he pulled each and every one of them out slowly.

'Make his favorite dishes! Don’t be lazy and wake up early to the market!'

'Run to the store and buy some fresh popcorn for movie session on that night :p'

'Must get marshmallows! It’s a must!'

He pressed his lips together when he knew this was all her doings for him as marshmallows were his favorite snack.

'Tonight must be perfect! It must be! ^^ Fighting!'

He pulled out the last note after pulling out roughly about six notes in his hands. He walked out of the kitchen and kicked the box on the ground. He got down onto the ground to put the notes aside before he opened the box. It was a plush deer pillow with his name sewed on it. There was a little note on the pillow though. He lifted the note and it was written,

'I made this myself and, hug this whenever you miss me, alright? You’ll always be my bright and shining star. I love you, my little deer boy <3'

He glanced at Swin Hae’s room door before he let a tear run down his cheek. “I messed up big time.”

She smiled when she saw how happy Luhan was as he answered the questions calmly. She remembered on that day he came to her apartment, he cooked lunch for her before he left along with a letter she couldn't bring herself to reply. He couldn’t bear to see her face after knowing what he has done. “Swin Hae?” the manager called out and she let out a soft “Huh?” before breaking her train of thought. “I’m sure you can do this. It’s about time to reveal this. We’ve talked about this Swin Hae.” The manager smiled at her but she sighed. Was now the right time to reveal it especially after this sort of unspoken argument they had? Luhan doesn’t even know she’s going to reveal this today but because of his manager who thinks letting the whole damn world know that Luhan has a girlfriend, she had to do it. She didn’t think of anything the moment she saw how Luhan played with his fingers underneath the table. She knew his actions very well and that he was very nervous.

It was dead silent when one of the MC’s asked Luhan, “Do you have a girlfriend?”

Luhan widened his eyes and his mouth gaped open before he let out a soft “Uh..”

“This kid gets caught easily.” One of the MC’s joked before the whole room was filled with laughter including Luhan’s awkward laugh which she could sense and hear it well. She chuckled silently before it was almost her cue to appear in the show, just for a brief moment though. “We have proof that you have a girlfriend, Luhan.” One of the MC’s said and the EXO boys cooed a soft “Ooh..”

As a matter of fact, these four boys here with Luhan today know about the plan and they too think it’s time their fans and everyone else knew about this relationship the two shared. Once they go public, it would be slightly easier to meet up with one another without Luhan worrying about if he would get caught or anything. Even if it means Swin Hae might get hated by a lot of fans, she agreed with this, hoping it would be good for their relationship considering she could see how hard Luhan was trying to keep up with this relationship even though he was lacking in a few aspects, in one would be forgetting their anniversary.

“But before we show you our proof, answer us! Do you have a girlfriend?” Luhan glanced back to their manager and the manager gave him two thumbs up. He faced the MC before he smiled at the MC. “I do.” Luhan admitted boldly and everyone cheered in the room. “Care to tell us about her?” Another MC asked and Luhan smiled just thinking about her. “She’s such an amazing person with a beautiful soul and heart. She means so much to me and I couldn’t  prove my love to her the same way she proved her love to me.” Luhan sighed and it was dead silent.

“Recently it was our 4th year anniversary.”

“Wah!” The MC’s cheered but the EXO boys weren’t surprised, they knew about their anniversary but Swin Hae told them to keep quiet about it until Luhan would figure it out on his own but he didn’t. “But why are you so sad about it?” one of the female MC’s asked before Luhan chuckled bitterly. “I didn’t remember.” Luhan shook his head and he gulped as he recalled all those things she did for him. “She cooked for me dishes I would love to eat when I lived in China. She sewed a pillow with my name on it to hug during the nights I was feeling lonely. She set up the perfect plan date for our anniversary but I couldn’t remember. She cried because of me.” Luhan whispered that part softly and Kai who was beside him patted his shoulder.

“Would you like to say a few words to your girlfriend?” one of the MC’s offered and Luhan turned to look at the camera. “Uh..” Luhan his lips nervously but then his sight was covered with two hands coming from behind him. Luhan froze when he saw the fingers covering his sight and gulped, he knew who those pair of hands belonged to. The hands pulled back and Luhan could see again, this time he turned around only be right when he saw Swin Hae dressed in a white dress with lace at the bottom. He didn’t hesitate to hug her tight the moment he laid eyes on her. “I’m sorry.” He breathed out and this time she wrapped her arms around his waist, not caring if the MC’s would question anything. Everyone cheered softly including EXO’s manager who was watching all of this from the back.

“I made a mistake, I’ve hurt you so badly and here you are, supporting me?” he questioned in disbelief but she smiled. “Thank you.” She whispered into his ears and he broke the hug and leaned his forehead onto hers. “I should be thanking you instead. Thank you for loving me.” He whispered and she smiled a little before nodding her head. “Thank you for letting the world know I’m the one you love.” She whispered back and before Luhan could press his lips onto hers, he remembered that they were in a middle of a talk show. Luhan turned around to look at the MC who questioned him earlier if he had a girlfriend and Luhan blushed.

“See, I told you he was the easiest one to get caught.” The MC said before everyone burst out into laughter again.

 

 


Author's note : When I first saw the preview of Luhan, Suho, Chanyeol, Chen and Kai on The Beatles Code, I had an idea to write this oneshot! So my inspiriation was actually from a talk show xD

I'm sorry I couldn't update with a oneshot for a.. long time? D: Sorry but I've been caught up with a lot of stories and the things happening around me >< So I apologize! However I am writing a few oneshots now to publish them up soon (I hope!) Sorry to keep you guys waiting but I'm also trying to fulfill your requests (some of them I couldn't write them yet) and thank you to the new subscribers! ^^

Maybe if you have time, you can check out some of my stories :) 

Wandering Love. [Featuring OC, Kai and Lay]

The Change Of My Heart. [Featuring OC and Kyungsoo]
Our Not-So-Perfect Love Story.
 [Featuring OC, Luhan & Minho]
Revenge. [Featuring OC and Luhan]

Remember me, please. [Featuring OC, Kris & Myungsoo]
It Started With A Notebook. [Featuring OC, Kai and HyunMin(OC)]

Oh oh, don't forget to leave your comments down below xD and I'll see you in the next oneshot! <3