I Will Love You Better ft. Kris. (part II)

⌛ MQ- EXO Oneshot Collection ⌛

Posted on : 8th June 2013.
Word Count : 2 9 6 3.

Request submitted by : Cookiekpop.

 

Part II out of II

“Suho!” Kris called out but he was too late when Suho slammed the door shut. Kris hissed before he walked towards the door only to open it and see no one as Suho had already ran away. Kris sighed before he went back into his house. He walked towards the table and picked up two of the keys. “I know this is the key to her house but, what’s this other key?” Kris questioned out loud as he stared at the key. He sat back down on the sofa and stared at the key as the thought hard of what this key could open because he’s seen this key before.

“You’re here.” Hae Min breathed out as she opened the door for Suho to come in. “I thought you had a key?” she asked as he came in and stood by the doorway as she closed the door. “Suho?” she called him out softly and he turned around. “I gave the key to someone.” He spoke and her eyes widened. “Y-You what?” she croaked out softly and he reached for her hand. “I gave it to the person you really love.” He gulped as he held onto her hand tight. “That person isn’t me, Hae Min.”

“W-What are..you talking about?” she asked as he let out a sigh before he let go of her hand to pull her in for a hug. “This boy you’re hugging now, isn’t the boy you really want to hug.” He said as he her hair. “The boy you really love has the key to this house.” Suho said as he broke the hug to place his hands on her shoulder. “And also the key to your heart.” He chuckled bitterly before he let a tear run down his cheek. Indeed he was known to be EXO’s Guardian, but even guardians need someone else to take care of them, you know?

“Listen to me,” he breathed out as he cupped her cheeks. “That boy you love is going to come back and treat you the way you deserve to be treated after years of waiting. I guess he just needed to know how it feels like to lose you before he realizes how much you mean to him. Because you definitely mean a whole lot to him. He has one day to come back and make you his but if he doesn’t.. I’m coming back for you.” She reached out to wipe his tears away even though he was going to wipe hers away but she wasn’t crying. She fought back the urge to cry and she managed to pull through.

“I’m sorry.” She breathed out and his hand cupping her cheeks made her shake her head. “Don’t apologize for just trying to find the real love of your life. I would do the same if I was in your position.” He admitted sheepishly before he pulled away and let go of her cheeks. “I’ll be leaving now.” He said but just as he walked through the door, she called him out. “Ye-“ he couldn’t finish what he wanted to say when she was pressing her lips onto his. He joined the kiss only to break it after a while with his arms around her waist. “I-I just wanted to do that for the last time.” She admitted softly and he squeezed her tight.

“Thank you. Just.. thank you.” He smiled before he gave a kiss on her forehead.

It was 7.30a.m. the next day and she had to get up early to do the makeup of the EXO boys for their performance. She arrived early at the venue and she went straight to the makeup room. After an hour of being along there, the door opened, revealing Tao. “O-Oh, Hae Min noona..” Tao croaked out softly and she smiled at him from the sofa. “Hello Tao.” She waved a little and he chuckled before he closed the door. “Where are the rest?” she asked him but Tao just came to sit down beside her. He leaned his head on her shoulder and she chuckled. “They’re still asleep in the van.” He murmured before he shut his eyes. She patted his head and Tao smiled. Now he knew exactly how Suho and Kris could fall for a girl like her. She had such a warm heart.

Tao didn’t need to get to know her to know this. He could feel it already. “Hae Min noona.” Tao called out softly and she let out a soft “Hmm?”

“Do you like Kris  gege?” he asked and her eyes widened. “T-That..” Tao chuckled before he sighed. “You don’t have to answer that.” She turned to look at the boy leaning on her shoulder. “W-What?”

“I already know your answer.” Tao smiled before he lifting his head from her shoulder to smile at her.

After two hours, the EXO boys were all in the makeup room and Hae Min was putting makeup on Suho. It was like nothing had happened between the two. “Did he do anything yet?” Suho asked and she shook her head. “Nothing.” She murmured and he gripped onto her hand before she could put powder on his face. “Just believe and wait. He has until midnight.” Suho smiled and she pulled her hand back. “Yah, how can you let go of me so easily? Do you not love me?” she and he pulled her by her hand to make her face come closer towards him, only millimeters apart from one another.

“I love you too much, that’s why I let you go. I want you to find your true happiness.” He whispered and Kris saw from a distance as they two became so close to one another. He remembered how he was the one who was that close to her and now they didn’t even have time for one another. “Stop being a jealous seed and do something about it.” Tao spoke up and Kris looked up to meet Tao’s eyes. “What?”

“Don’t play stupid, gege. You should do something about it before it’s all too late.”

It was Kris’s turn to get his makeup done and he sat down on the chair in front of Hae Min. He felt his heart beating faster with the thought of what he was going to ask her. “H-Hae Min.” he called her out softly and she let out a soft “Hmm?” as she applied foundation on his face. When she dabbed the foundation on his face to even it out, he shuddered at the touch. She has touched him countless of times before but he didn’t know why it only took effect now. “S-Sorry! Did that hurt or something?” she apologized and he managed to chuckle before he held onto her hand. “It didn’t hurt at all.”

She pulled her hand away from his to continue putting on his makeup. He could see that she still may like him. When she was done with his makeup, EXO was ready to go on stage already. She had followed them until they were backstage. “Hae Min, I have something to tell you.” He said as he gripped onto her shoulders when he stood up.

“Listen, I-“

“Kris! Get your here! We’re performing!” Luhan called him and Kris hissed softly. “This will only take a while!” Kris shouted and Hae Min placed a hand on his chest. “You should go. We can talk later.” She smiled at him before she pried his hands from her shoulders and pushed him towards where Luhan was standing before they went on stage. “But Hae Mi-“ he couldn’t turn back and walk towards her when Luhan had pulled him up on stage.

After the performance, Kris came back down from the stage he ran towards the makeup room only to be disappointed when she was gone. He sighed and he received a pat on his shoulder. He turned his head only to meet with Suho’s eyes. “She has another job to be at now. She’ll be home by 9.00p.m.”

“How did yo-“

“I was her boyfriend, remember?” Suho smiled before he walked into the makeup room to wait for another makeup artist to remove their makeup.

Kris reached in front of her house early. It was only 7.30p.m. and he knew she wouldn’t be here but that was the whole point. He went in with a bag of groceries and he started to cook. He was a pretty bad cook and he just wanted to cook for Hae Min for the first time in so long. When they were younger, he would make up just a simple sandwich for her and she would love it. Now he’s trying to take it to a whole new level, fried rice.

Hae Min opened the door only to be greeted with her kitchen having a burnt smell. She dropped her bag and locked the door before she grabbed a baseball bat behind her door. “W-Who is it?” she called out but she could only hear coughing of a person. That voice sounds familiar. She came closer towards the kitchen and saw Kris by the sink as he put away the frying pan and he opened the window to let the smoke go out. “K-Kris? What are you doing here?” she asked him and he gulped before he turned around. She wasn’t surprised he was in here because she could roughly tell Suho gave him the key. She put the baseball bat away and stood in front of him.

“I-I was just.. cooking for you?” he tried to smile at the end but his smile fell when he looked around in the kitchen. It was a total mess like he had war with food or something. “And..?” she dragged the word as she looked around in her kitchen. “I pretty much exploded this kitchen.” He muttered softly and she went in to take the apron off him to put it on herself. She glanced over the counter to see what he had bought and she pushed him out of the kitchen when the smoke had gone out the window. She closed the kitchen glass door and Kris furrowed his eyebrows on the other side. He wanted to ask what she was doing but he could see clearly what she was doing. She was clearing up the place and she started cooking with the leftover ingredients Kris bought.

He glanced over at the clock and it was already 10.30p.m. “What the hell? I took that long to attempt cooking fried rice?” he cursed at himself and he could see that Hae Min was tired but she was still doing all of this. Kris took out the other key that was in his pocket and wondered what it could open. Slowly he walked away from the kitchen and into Hae Min’s room. For some reason, his gut was telling him to come here. He walked around the room but he couldn’t find anything that needs a key to open. He wanted to give up but he stopped on her table where there was a picture of Kris and her. It was during their school play and he acted as Romeo while she acted as Juliet. The photo was him posing to kiss her to wake her up

At the bottom of the picture he could see her handwriting written, “This was the first time he kissed me.”

He smiled at her dorkiness and he lifted up the picture. “No, this was the second.” He muttered softly and he put it the picture back down only to spot a box. The box had a keyhole on It and he used the key to open the box. He took out plenty of letters with his name on it and he took the top one, the one that looks like the most recent.

Dear Kris,

I have no idea how many times I’ve written this to send it to you but I would never have the guts to. I just don’t want to let you go, you know? You’re so important to me in so many ways and.. let me put it in three words, I love you.

I love how when you smile with your teeth, it makes you look like an angel. I love how when you give me warm hugs, it makes my heartbeat faster than usual. I love how when you reach out to wipe my tears, I realize there’s no need to cry anymore. I realized all of this ever since I met you and, I really do love you.

Can you tell me you love me too?

He folded the letter and pulled out the letter he had written for her. He whispered a soft, “I’ll tell you that.” He put the letter in the box and he wanted to lock the box but the door opened, revealing Hae Min in the apron. “W-What are you doing?” she whispered and her eyes widened when she saw Kris by her box. “Who told you that you could read this?!” she raised her voice and pushed him away as he was still holding onto one letter, but that one wasn’t hers. She took the key from his hands to lock the box and shoved the key into her pocket before she put the photo frame of Kris and her in front of it.

“Give me that! You can’t read that!” she said as she snatched the letter away from his hand. She gulped and he wanted to say sorry but he couldn’t when she looked at the letter. It wasn’t her handwriting and she knew that. On the letter it was written, “To : Hae Min.” she gulped and she looked up at him but she looked away as she walked towards her bed to sit down and open the letter. He sat down beside her on the bed as she read the letter.

Dear, Hae Min.

How do I put this in words? I don’t know where to start..but I guess I’ll start with apologizing. I’m sorry for making you cry and I’m sorry I couldn’t accept your heart. I knew I should’ve at least told you why but I couldn’t when I saw you crying. It felt like, I was the one crying instead of you, do you know that? I don’t think I can explain to you how much I love you because I’ll need more than just a piece of paper.

I was just afraid that maybe you would get hated by our fans because we're together. And I was also afraid that what if we didn't last? What if we didn't make it together as a couple? I didn't want that for us. I didn't want to walk past you and just keep walking like we shared nothing. I didn't want to lose you, the one person that means so much to me.

Long story short, I just love you, because you’re you. And I would love it, if you could tell me you love me again, because Hae Min?

I’m head over heels for you, ever since we shook hands and greeted one another. And this heart hasn’t stopped beating for you ever since.

From, the guy who broke your heart but would like to pick up the pieces and start over,
Kris.

She breathed out heavily as a tear ran down her cheek. She turned to look at him and he cupped her cheeks to wipe her tears away. “D-Don’t cry. You know how much I hate that.” He said as he wiped them away. “W-When did you write this?” she asked and he pulled out a bunch of letters from his pocket. Her eyes widened when she saw her name on top of each letter. She gazed up to look at him and he gave her a genuine smile. A smile that she had missed for so long. “I wrote all of this, pretty much the same time you wrote all of your letters to me.”

“T-The one in the box?” she whispered and he nodded his head. “The ones you never build the guts to send me, I was doing the same too.” He admitted sheepishly. She looked at all the letters and the dates. “But these all were written within the six months I was with..”

“Suho.”

She looked up at him and he took the letters away from her. “I have plenty more at home where I couldn't send them to you each day I met you within those years before you confessed. What’s important now is I love you. I love you so much and I don’t want to let you go now. If you could just give me a second chance, I’ll prove to you that I’ll do better this time. I’ll accept your heart this time and I’ll give you mine. The one that you’ve been longing for so long because I’ve been waiting just as long as you ha-“ he couldn’t finish his words when she had already kissed him to shut him up. He felt like electricity shot into his body and veins when her lips were on his. He moved his hands to her waist to pull her closer. She broke the kiss and he leaned his forehead onto hers. “This is the second one.” She muttered softly and he tilted his head to look at her. “Second?”

“Our second kiss.”

“Stop counting. This is the third.” He said as he pulled her in for a hug as he could remember the first time they kissed wasn’t during the school play, it was when she had fallen asleep on his shoulder and he took that opportunity to steal her first kiss, since she was the one who stole his first too. 

 

 

 


Author's note : Hohoho! :3 even Cookiekpop said she wanted her to end up with Suho but meh, she ended up with Kris xD Should I make an alternate ending with Suho? :p that way everyone is happy right? Hahaha :p