You're Worth It ft. Kai.

⌛ MQ- EXO Oneshot Collection ⌛

Posted on : 3rd August 2013.
Word Count : 2 8 0 8.


"I'm telling you, that boy may be hiding something." One of her friends said to her as they took a bite on their sandwich. She scrunched her nose a little before she shook her head when she lifted her head up from her book. "Jongin isn't like that. I know he isn't." She answered meekly before one of her friends gave a tap on her cheek. "What was that for?" She mumbled before she rubbed her cheek. Her friends simply laughed softly on how cute their friend was. That's her, Yun Min. Her name Yun means music or melody that definitely shows her love for music. Secretly, she has a passion for music that only Jongin knows about. Min means cleverness and success, which definitely portrays her hardworking traits that were easy to detect at first glance. 

That was what made Jongin fell for her. The way she was so determined in life or in this case, high school. She was somewhat always motivating herself to achieve high marks. Although she was always hitting the books, she wasn't like those kind of people who only focused on their studies. Unlike other people who some classified as 'nerds', she was far from that. She somewhat managed to whip together her social life along with her studies pretty well. One of her greatest 'achievements' in her social life was actually having the school jock, Kim Jongin fall for her.

She was someone no one would ever think Jongin would fall for because of her weird-like personality quirks but those were the few things that he loved the most about her. But if he could change just one thing about her, it would be spending less time with her books, and more time with him instead. Jongin sighed from a distance when he saw his girlfriend by the table with her friends. Was she eating? Nope. Was she talking among her friends? Time to time. What was she doing? Reading. Read read read. That's probably the well known word in her brain. Jongin propped his chin onto his palm as he stared at his girlfriend from a distance.

Girls staring at him would drool over him because they would wonder what the hell Yun Min did to have a guy as good looking as Jongin to fall for her when she did absolutely nothing. She must've saved a country in her previous life, that's what the girls would think but of course the reason is only well known to Jongin because there was only one thing she did. She was herself. She wasn't pretending to be anyone else when he was around her and that simply pulled him in. When he got to know her and when he managed to pull the book away from her for the first time, her voice was recorded into his mind and since then, he was hooked. He smiled a little when he saw his girlfriend pouting in the midst of her conversation with her friends. "I wonder what they're talking about." Jongin muttered softly and his friend, Kyungsoo who was sitting beside him gave him a pat on the shoulder.

"What's with you again?" Kyungsoo asked and Jongin simply sighed. Kyungsoo followed Jongin's gaze only to land his eyes on Yun Min. "Seriously man. You have got to do something about her reading habits. She's literally choosing her books over you."

"But... if reading is something that she loves, I can't possibly take that away from her. That was one of the reasons I fell in love with her in the first place."

"Maybe you can make her change."

"How?" Jongin asked, surprised that Kyungsoo has a plan at the tip of his fingers. Jongin leaned away from the table, lifting his chin from his palm to look at Kyungsoo. "A girl."

Jongin furrowed his eyebrows before he was this close to punching Kyungsoo. If Kyungsoo's plan is to cheat on Yun Min with another girl, Jongin might as well punch Kyungsoo in the balls until he couldn't walk. There was no way he would want Yun Min to change apart from the reading habit because he likes her just the way she is, even if people have a thing against that, he doesn't care. "Wait! Hear me out first!" Kyungsoo raised his voice as he shielded his face with two of his hands. From a distance, Jongin's laugh caught her ears and she lifted her chin up to look at Jongin literally going all out on hitting Kyungsoo playfully. She sighed because he would never smile that wide around her but with Kyungsoo or with anyone else, his smile was the brightest.

"Guys," Yun Min breathed out as she closed her book. This time, she closed it on her own. Not wanting to read anymore and that surprised her friends because she would usually read one book finish and then get pulled into talking but this day was different. "You see that smile on his face?" Yun Min asked and her friends turned their heads to see Jongin laughing almost a little too loud with Kyungsoo in the cafeteria. They turned around to face Yun Min again with a frown when Yun Min looked like she was getting crushed in the heart. "He doesn't smile that wide when he's with me."

"I'm beginning to wonder if he even smiles when he's with me." She croaked out and her friends could sense the hurt overlapping her voice. "Y-Yun Min, you said it yourself. He's not like that." The friend sitting beside her spoke up. "I don't know anymore actually..." Yun Min muttered softly before she lifted her head up to look at her friends. There was still roughly about 15 minutes before recess would end but she wanted to leave the cafeteria. "I'm going to the... library. I'll see you guys tomorrow." Yun Min smiled half-heartedly before she walked up and left but she wasn't going to the library. "This must really be affecting her." One of her friends spoke up when Yun Min left.

"What makes you say so?"

"She even forgot to take her book with her." Her friend pointed at Yun Min's storybook on the table before her friends sighed. "You don't think Jongin is cheating on her with another girl right?" The girls glanced over at Jongin by his table with Kyungsoo. Instinctively, Kyungsoo turned to see three girls staring at him and Jongin. After a while of having a staring contest, he realized those were Yun Min's friends. "D-Dude, Yun Min's friends are looking at you."

Jongin turned his head only to be greeted with three pair of eyes glaring at him. He gulped and his eyes widened when his girlfriend wasn't there. Immediately Jongin got up and went to the place he would most likely find Yun Min, the library but she wasn't there. He checked every single row in the library but she wasn't there. He sighed and sat down by one of the tables as a bunch of girls took seats around him. He furrowed his eyebrows and wanted to get up but then they said, "We can help you."

"Help? With what?" He snapped at the four girls sitting before him. "Keep your voices down."

The girls giggled but they kept a low volume and Jongin sighed as he leaned his back against the chair. "What do you girls want?"

"Jongin," One of the girls called him out seductively and he just wanted to shoot himself with a gun right now. He has no idea what he's doing here in the first place. He was supposed to look for Yun Min. He stood up but the girl continued speaking. "We're much better than your current girlfriend. Why don't you pick one of us instead?" Jongin narrowed his eyes at them before he sat back down, waiting to listen for everything else they had to say. Not because he was interested, because he wanted to literally tell them how wrong they are after everything they say.

"We're much prettier."

"We're skinner."

"And we're much more... well known compared to Min Yun."

"It's Yun Min." Yun Min spoke up as she appeared by the table. Jongin's eyes widened as he shot up from the table to gulp at her. "Y-Yun Min..."

"So this is... what you like doing?" Yun Min asked softly and Jongin's lips parted. "N-No! It's not what it looks like."

"It's exactly what it looks like." One of the girls, Jen spoke up as she stood up to face Yun Min. "You're not worthy of being Jongin's girlfriend." Yun Min's lips parted and Jongin was this close to snapping at one of the girls but the other three girls held Jongin back, letting Jen continue. "You're no better than us and we think that either one of us should be with him. Not you. Jongin is so good looking and talented but what are you? Do you even know what talent is? If you can't keep up to Jongin's standards, I recommend you let him have a girl who has the qualities of being his girlfriend." Yun Min gulped and her fists clenched. Jongin's eyes widened when he saw that but he couldn't say anything, the girls were holding him back with a hand over his mouth and as much as he hated these girls, he doesn't hit girls.

The girls let Jongin go and Jongin came between Yun Min and Jen. "Jen, stop talking right now. You have no right to say that."

"She does." Yun Min spoke up and Jongin spun around only to raise his eyebrows at his girlfriend. "I'll probably... never be good enough like the rest of you girls and... you're right."

"Yun Min. You don't know what you're sayin-"

"So... I'll just...-" Yun Min couldn't finish her sentence when a tear rolled down her cheek. She immediately ran out of the library and Jongin was too slow to even catch her by her wrist. "Yun Min!" He shouted for her name but Jen and the girls only smirked. "Jongin, now you can really choose between the four of us but I would prefer if you chose me." Jongin looked around the library to see if the librarian was present but it seems like the librarian had left already. His eyes darkened before he tilted his head at her. Jen flinched a little but she tried not to show she was a bit afraid. "Don't you ever say that to Yun Min again."

"B-But Jongi-"

"Let. Me. Speak." Jongin's voice got lower and the three girls behind Jongin slowly backed away from him when they saw the look in Jen's eyes. "She may not be up to your standards but that's not for you to decide who should be with me. I know you've had a crush on me for a long time now and I'm sorry but I can't accept your feelings because, Yun Min is the one I really want. You probably don't see the reasons why I'm going after her but I sure in hell do. And I can tell you this upfront that the reasons I see in her, are not present in you." Jen gulped, but she couldn't speak because Jongin raised a hand to indicate he wasn't done. This is the first and last time he'll ever let this happen to Yun Min again. The last thing he wants is for Yun Min to get hurt, what more watch her cry?

"If I see you going after Yun Min like this again, I won't let you off." Jongin turned around to glare at the three girls behind him all along. "Even the three of you. Do I make myself clear?" None of them dared to speak up and he took it as a yes. "I'll take that as a yes. You girls... are unbelievable." Jongin muttered the last part softly before he dashed out of the library.

"Is it because I'm too fat?" Yun Min asked herself as she was alone in the gym room by one of the benches. She looked down on her stomach and patted it. "But I don't eat that much anyway." She shrugged her shoulders before she faced front with a sigh. "And I'm definitely not too dumb. So that's out of the list. Am I not pretty enough?" She pressed her lips together before she tapped on her cheek with a finger. "That's probably it." She snapped her fingers before she shook her head. "You weren't supposed to cry. God you're such an idiot." She scolded herself but soon she found herself smiling whenever she could imagine herself in the gym room alone with Jongin. This was the place he confessed he liked her and she would always come here to think, especially thoughts like these. 

"Maybe it's because I don't wear clothes like those girls do." She scrunched her nose before she looked down on her clothes. She was wearing a simple light blue v-neck shirt along with a pair of jeans. Her hair was long and wavy that it covered her shoulders. She let out a shaky breath before she chuckled bitterly. "No wonder he spends time with girls like them. They're all so god damn pretty." She cussed softly. "But no one is as pretty as you, Yun Min."

Her eyes shot open as she turned around only to see Jongin coming closer and closer towards Yun Min from the back. She looked around the gym room before she got up from the bench and ran down, heading towards the doors. Jongin's eyes widened as he chased after her, not letting her have a chance to escape. Since he was somewhat athletic, he pulled her by her waist and hugged her tight from the back until her back was pressed onto his chest. "L-Let me go!"

"Not until you listen to me."

"J-Jongin...!"

"Yun Min, listen to me first. And then I'll let you decide if you really want me to let you go."

She pressed her lips into a thin line before she stopped struggling. "Fine." She muttered softly and Jongin turned her around to place his hands on her shoulders. "Don't take what those girls mean to heart, Yun Min. You should know better than them that you're the one that I want."

"Well I used to." She said softly and Jongin furrowed his eyebrows. "What do you mean?"

"If you notice, your smiles with me aren't as bright as the ones you have with other people and... I'm not good enough."

Jongin let out a sigh before he shook his head. He lifted her chin up so he could see her eyes, even if she is locking her eyes at the ground. "I know it seems like that, but I have a reason for it."

"Oh yeah?" She scoffed softly and Jongin gave a squeeze at her shoulders, causing her to meet his eyes. "I do."

"Whenever I'm with you, I can't help but try to think what's going on in your mind. Or what makes you so interested in your books that sometimes, you don't even notice me beside you. Sometimes it drives me crazy, sometimes it makes me go insane, sometimes I feel happy just being beside you but all in all, I feel amazing when I'm with you. I may not be smiling like I'm at the top of the world with you, but I am sure feeling like it on the inside. I can't stress... how much its driving me insane that you'd always... most probably pick your books over me."

"And it ." Yun Min's lips tugged upwards slowly after realizing Jongin was getting jealous over a bunch of books and automatically, a smile crept onto Jongin's face. "You don't have to change anything because you're perfect to me but... about the book thing..."

"You could've just asked."

Jongin's eyes widened before he blurted out a soft "What?"

"You could've asked because..." Jongin nodded once slowly, waiting for her to continue.

"I would just push aside the books for you because... You're worth it... to me." Jongin's smile grew wider before he pulled her in for a tight hug. "And you mean so much more to me too, Yun Min." Slowly she put her arms around his waist and he jerked up at her touch especially when she pressed her cheek onto his chest. He gulped as this was the first time they were sharing a moment like this. "Yun Min?"

"Hmm?"

Jongin laughed softly to himself before he rested his chin on her head. "Nothing."

"Fool...-"

"Only for you."

They remained in that position for a long moment until they couldn't notice the bells were ringing to indicate they had to get back to class. Guess who skipped classes that day?

Jongin and Yun Min.

 

 


Author's note : Ooooh. I'm a liar xD But at least I updated! No? Meh.. 

Well this is somewhat a different style, a bit. I guess xD I started off from a request but then I realized I drifted WAY off the topic so I just made this into my own and I will get back to the requests pretty soon! Meanwhile, I hope you guys enjoyed this one!

By the way, if you keep seeing Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Kai and Suho in the oneshots, it's not because I'm bias to just these people but it's from the requests! xD From time to time I will do oneshots for those members who don't get much recognition because hell, I love them all! :D 

That's it for now! Until the next oneshot! BEEP!