No More Lonely Nights Alone ft. Kris

⌛ MQ- EXO Oneshot Collection ⌛

Posted on : 5th October 2013.
Word Count : 1800 words

 

A/N : I'm still on my hiatus but I typed this out on my phone the other day after a long day of studying history. And after doing some chores sooooo here's a quick oneshot! I'll have more when I get back on the 31st but I hope you guys like this one! I didn't have much time to proofread ( I have to get back to studying despite the late hour now ) so... WAIT FOR ME! :D HAVE A LITTLE KRIS! <3

A little shameless promotion :: I'm having another Kris story going on too, but it's rated xD 

Concupiscence Or Romance? 


He opened the door with a bright smile on his face. One hand on the door while the other holding a bouquet of sunflowers, her favorite flower of all time ever since she was a teenage girl. A small frown formed on his lips when she was nowhere in sight. Where was the petite woman he loved?
 

Curious and slightly disappointed, he closed and locked the door behind him, placing the flowers on the table.
 

"Babe?" He called out for her carefully as he walked towards the living room a distance away from the front door. They finally bought a small apartment and it's been a few days since he could finally take a few hours off from work. When his boss said he was off for a few hours because the last meeting wasn't so soon, he instantly took his phone, wallet and keys, dashing out of the building to buy his wife sunflowers.
 

She told him she missed him dearly but where was she? Now that he was here, he could help her with setting up the place although she was almost done. Guilt constantly bit him when she was setting up the place on her own but he could definitely imagine a happy life with her here. The place was fully furnished but there was a few adjustments to be made. They moved in not long ago and for them to settle down was quick.
 

"Babe...?" He called out as he pushed the door open to their bedroom. He coughed when dust entered his nose and sneezed. The mattress on the bed was flipped with a bump underneath and the bed sheets were thrown on the floor.
 

The pillow cases were off the pillows on the floor too, joining the bed sheets. This room was fine before he left this morning. Now it looks like a tornado blew up this room.
 

"Good God... Was she finding something?"
 

He cleared his throat with a hand covering his mouth and the other on his waist.
 

Where is she?
 

He walked into the bathroom in their bedroom and she wasn't there. He paced over to their closet, because she could fit in there but she wasn't hiding there either.
 

"Damn it. Where did she go?"
 

He hissed as he lied down on the mattress and a muffled cry could be heard. He swore he heard his wife’s voice.
 

"Kris!-" His eyes shot open and he got off the mattress on the bed.
 

"Baby?" He raised his voice and soft thuds below the mattress could be heard. He knitted his eyebrows as he gripped onto the side of the mattress. With one swift yet struggling force, he lifted and pushed off the mattress to let it fall to the other side.
 

His lips parted when his wife coughed while hitting her own chest. Her hair was in a mess but to him she still looked beautiful. She was breathing in and out heavily as she tried to catch her breath after getting trapped in there for nearly thirty minutes that he didn’t know about.
 

He hurried towards her and lifted her into his arms as he headed to the living room. He sat down after placing her down on the sofa. She was still trying to catch her breath. This isn't a good way to carry on with her day.


"What were you doing down there?" He questioned, muffling a laugh as she weakly pointed at him with a playful glare.

She was changing the bed sheets when she thought that flipping the mattress over was a good idea so that the mattress wouldn't sink into one side overtime. Just as she got all the bed sheets off, it came down to flipping it over. The mattress was queen sized. A size nearly three times her size.

The moment she managed to pull it up, it overturned to land and push her down. It was even worse when Kris lied down moments ago.

His playful side vanished when his wife couldn't utter a single word as she kept on coughing. If he didn't get her out of there, she could've suffocated to death.

The realization had hit him that he could’ve lost his wife. The woman he loved for years now.

"I... I was flipping the mattress over... It fell on me and I was trapped for thirty minutes. I thought I was going to die."

He frowned at her pitifully, tucking strands of her hair behind her ear. How can she joke about this? He mentally cursed himself for even having the guts to laugh at her.

"That mattress is easily three times your weight and size. Why didn't you call me? Or at least wait until I get home?"

She sighed, leaning back on the sofa. His eyes followed her every move as she tiredly held onto his hand.

"You're always busy with work... I don't want to burden you... You barely get enough sleep, let alone having time for me. I wanted to get it done before you got home..."

He felt a tug at his heart. How did he get a wife like her?
 

A woman so selfless. A woman who cared about him more than herself.


How?

 

He reached out to lift her up, placing her on his lap as he hugged her, not too tight as he didn't want to hurt her.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry I couldn't come home or take a day off to help you."

He sighed when she didn't respond. He doesn't know how she looked like because her back was pressed onto his chest.

He gripped around her tighter nevertheless.

"But I'm trying. I'll try to come home early to enjoy this house with you. It's just for a few more hours babe. I promise. Does that sound alright?"
 

He frowned when she didn't say anything. She hummed a little and he leaned forward to see that she had already fallen asleep on him. He gave a soft kiss at her exposed neck before placing her to lie down on the sofa so she could sleep properly. He rolled up his sleeves and loosened his tie as he made his way to their bedroom.
 

Her eyes opened slowly and she inhaled deeply to take in Kris's scent. She shot up from the sofa but winced in pain when she felt a bit sore. She rubbed her forehead to notice there was a sticky note on her forehead.
 

'Babe, by the time you read this, I'll probably be at work to finish up the documents quicker so I could come home early. Today is the last meeting too. As a token for my missing presence, take a look around the house. Don't go lifting mattresses ever again, you gave me the shock of my life.

 

Stay away from the mattresses.

 

I'll be back soon to take you in my arms. We'll do everything I promised you. Just a few more hours. Wait for me.

 

-Kris.'

 

Curiously she got up and put the sticky note aside. Around the living room she could see photo frames of her and Kris arranged nicely on the shelves. She smiled when those were pictures of them during highschool, prom and graduation.
 

She hurriedly dashed to their bedroom and pushed the door open. Her lips parted when the mattress was perfectly flipped over. Fresh bedsheets and comforter on the bed. Matching curtains was put up and everything was in place. It was her dream to live in an apartment with her husband and finally it was all coming true.
 

Due to money issues in the past, they couldn't afford a house but with Kris and herself working overtime for a year or two, they had enough money for this apartment. It was small in a way but it was big enough for the two of them.
 

She jerked up when arms s around her waist. It was even hard for her to believe that within three days their house was already in place and set up nicely to both their likings.
 

"I'm home." Kris whispered into her ears and she sighed contendedly. How long has it been since she got to hear these words from his lips?
 

She turned around to hug him tight, pressing her cheek against his chest and he chuckled as he hugged her back.
 

"How are you home so early?"
 

"You want me gone?" Kris questioned playfully and she shook her head frantically, clutching into him tighter. Lately he's been working extra late all the time, he rarely has time to come home early. This was all suddenly so foreign to her but it felt nice - really nice. She understood his actions and decisions up to this day. So it was a little hard for her to take this in.
 

"You're... busy... No?"
 

He broke the hug with hands on her waist. He gave a quick peck before whispering, "I got promoted."
 

Her eyes widened and her jaw dropped but he didn't stop there.
 

"I'll only need to be at the office half the day now and the other half I can work through my laptop at home. I'll be home to spend time with you, babe."
 

Before she could say anything, or shout, he covered .
 

"And... I'm free during the weekends from now on. We can finally go out again."
 

Not being able to contain her happiness, she pounced on him, legs wrapping around his waist as he supported her with a laugh.
 

Her husband was so busy that he even work during the weekends. It would be a lie if she said she was alright with it because, who would want their husbands gone during the weekends? Every now and then she would be seeing other lovely or newlyweds just laughing by the sidewalks with their other half but what about her? She would just smile at their happiness but hope that Kris would have the time for her again.

And now he does.
 

"I'll have you home from now on?"
 

He nodded his head and hugged her back. Resting her head at the crook of his neck, she took in more of his scent and warmth she's been missing dearly. Kris wasn't the only one working. She would work too but she works in a cafe. Weekends were her day offs and her time was more flexible than Kris's. Whenever she got back home, she would be alone at night... This definitely made her want to confirm things with Kris.
 

"No more lonely nights alone?"
 

He smiled at his wife's reaction.
 

More importantly, he smiled at how much his wife loves him.
 

"No more lonely nights alone." He assured her as he pulled away to lean his forehead against hers before covering her lips with his.