Still In Love ft. Baekhyun & Kyungsoo.

⌛ MQ- EXO Oneshot Collection ⌛

Posted on : 21st July 2013
Word Count : 
2 3 1 5
Request submitted by : Seunghyunsu.
 

 

She was sitting down on the swing on one Saturday afternoon dressed in a white floral dress that covered her knees. She recalled the same incident that had taken place two years back. She gripped on tightly onto the swing even though it was hurting her hands because she was clutching on too tight but she didn't care. She didn't want the memories or the painful incident to come flooding back into her mind but it was hopeless. It would replay in her mind no matter how many times she tried to stop it.

"Happy birthday, Kyungsoo." She smiled as she passed him the box. Kyungsoo smiled before he took the box from her hands as he was sitting on the swing beside her. "Thanks but you didn't have to get me anything."

"You're just saying that because I got you something. If I didn't get you anything, you would be wondering why." She joked as he laughed a little because it was true. "Fine." He breathed out before his hands were shaking on the box. "Open it." She gestured him to open the box and so he did. He gripped on tightly onto the cover as he slowly lifted it up, only to reveal a box filled with paper made hearts with the words 'I Love You' written on every single heart. Each heart contained a small message on them saying every little thing she admired about Kyungsoo.

He put the cover of the box down onto the ground before he lifted one heart and flipped it over to read the message on it.

'I like the way your eyes look when you laugh'.

He gulped before he continued to reach in for more of the hearts with different messages. 'I like it when you smile'.

'The way you laugh, it's contagious'

'And when you care for me? It makes me smile too'

'You have the cutest nose yet'

She nervously looked away as she played with her fingers. "R-Read the heart placed on the bottom of the cover." She said softly before Kyungsoo snapped out from his little trance. "S-Sorry?" He muttered as she pointed at the cover on the ground, not looking at him. Her heart was racing so fast because this.. was finally the first time she managed to confess to him. Even if it was through papers and writings, her feelings were sincere. Kyungsoo reached for the cover before he could feel his hands getting sweaty. He flipped the cover over to see a heart stuck underneath the cover as he read the message on the heart.

'Kyungsoo, happy birthday! Finally, you're seventeen! Amazing, huh? We've been friends for over five years now and.. before we leave high school I want you to know that I like you. I like you a lot and.. I hope you like me too'.

Kyungsoo closed the box before he stood up, much to her surprise she gulped as her eyes shot back at him. "W-What's wrong, Kyungsoo?"

"I-I like you too." Kyungsoo blurted out before her eyes widened. She started to feel giddy on the inside but before it could take over and make her happy he said, "But we can never be together."

Her eyes blinked before she gulped when her fists clenched. "W-What are you trying to say?"

"T-Thank you, for your gift but.. I don't think I can accept it." Kyungsoo said as he placed the box on her lap. "I-I have to go now." Kyungsoo said as he hurriedly walked away, leaving the girl alone on the swing on that night. She bit her lower lip to suppress the tears but somehow they had a mind of their own to flow down, dripping onto the box but it didn't matter to her anymore.

A boy took a seat on the swing beside her as he smiled softly when he saw her face. God he missed her, and it's been so long since they spoke. "It's been a long time."

Her eyes widened before she gulped when she analyzed that voice. Slowly she turned her head to meet eyes with the boy she never spoke to ever since that day that took place at this exact place. "K-Kyungsoo." She breathed out before he smiled a little when he saw her eyes, her smile, her. "Have I ever told you I'm sorry?" He asked out of the blue. Out of all the things he could've asked like 'How's college?' or 'How are you?', he asked this question.

"S-Sorry? For?" She asked as she turned to look at him again. He laughed bitterly before he looked away. "Sorry for not being able to accept your feelings even though I was as crazy as I was for you as you were for me." She blinked before she shook her head. "I apologize.. that.. I couldn't man up to tell you this after so long." He croaked out and she could almost sense he was going to cry. "But I bet Baekhyun is making you happy, isn't he?" Kyungsoo asked before she sighed. She nodded her head before she looked away. "He seems like a good guy for you. Better than me, at least." Kyungsoo admitted sheepishly before he let a tear run down his cheek. "I've missed you."

She couldn't bring herself to say anything. Ever since that day when she confessed her feelings, he left to the states a few weeks after. He didn't even say goodbye and now he's back in town again. She knew he was back in town because Chanyeol, who was close friends with Kyungsoo informed to Baekhyun and needless to say, Baekhyun told her because he's her boyfriend. Now they all were twenty-two, and it's been five years since that day. "I.. missed you too, Kyungsoo." She mumbled softly before she played with her fingers. Kyungsoo turned his head to admire her features for the last time before he would fully live in the states and not come back. He only returned here to see her because he knew he wouldn't have a chance to once his semester starts and she would be too busy to even come to visit.

He didn't even tell her why he left to the states but he thought it would be better that way because now, she found someone better. Someone who would cherish her heart and treat her right. Something Kyungsoo couldn't do. "It's good, you know?" Kyungsoo said as she lifted her chin up to look at him. "It's good that, finally, a guy could treat you right. A guy could treat you and give you the things I couldn't."

"I had to leave to the states because of my parents. They wanted me to further my studies there and he said that whoever was tying me down here would pay for it. And by pay for it, you know how my parents will deal with things. It wouldn't be pretty for you, nor me. I couldn't bear to see you get hurt. I knew that you would come to the states for me but knowing you would have to give up many things you loved here, would be selfish of me. So.. I thought the best thing to do was to leave silently."

She was lost for words. What else could she say? The guy who she had a crush on ever since she was twelve up to seventeen was now telling her the reason why he couldn't possibly return her love. And the main reason why? It was because he cared for her too much to not let his parents harm her so instead he was the one hurting alone in the states. "I know I can't ask for you to love me now because I'll be staying in the states from now on when I leave tonight. And it's also because.. you're not looking at me like that anymore."

"Like what?" She managed to ask and he chuckled, bitterly, again. "Like you did five years ago."

Kyungsoo felt like his heart was free from this cage surrounding his heart. It stung him like a million bees but knowing she would be smiling from now on and her smiles would be happier than before made him feel happy. Now that he got everything out to her, he felt free. He felt like he's finally let her go even though she had already let him go years ago. Kyungsoo stood up before he lingered a hand in front of her. She reached for his hand and the moment their hands came in contact, he pulled her in for a hug. "I'm sorry. Thank you, for loving me and.. thank you for smiling." He leaned away before his hands were at the sides of her arms. "Baekhyun deserves you."

"Goodbye." He muttered softly after he planted a kiss on her forehead. As much as she wanted to hold him back, she knew she couldn't anymore. Soon the figure of Kyungsoo walking away had disappeared and she let a tear run down her cheek. From afar, Baekhyun saw all of this take place as he was hiding behind a tree a few steps away from them where he could see all of this take place clearly. He too, had feelings for her ever since they were twelve. Baekhyun, Kyungsoo and her were friends ever since then but, Kyungsoo was the only one she would look at and not Baekhyun. But that didn't make Baekhyun give up on her, God no. No matter how many times he would try to, he couldn't bring himself to because at the end of the day, she's the only one making his heart flutter with the little things that no one else noticed.

When Baekhyun came to know that she had feelings for Kyungsoo, he cried. And he cried hard but.. he knew that Kyungsoo deserved happiness too. Not until one day when Kyungsoo told Baekhyun personally that he couldn't return her feelings. Baekhyun felt angry and everything but then Kyungsoo explained everything and entrusted Baekhyun to make her happy when Kyungsoo was gone. Did Baekhyun succeed? Yes. He did because he got together with her when they were eighteen on their first year of college together. From then until now, they're together for four years and at first she only accepted him in hopes that she could forget about Kyungsoo but it never worked.

Instead of trying to forget about Kyungsoo, she fell in love with Baekhyun instead. And some time during those four years of being with Baekhyun, meant everything to her. She finally saw sides of Baekhyun she's never seen before and she could finally see all his intentions for her. "I know you're watching, Baekhyun." She said outloud, making Baekhyun jerk up until his head hit the low tree branch above him. "Ouch!" He raised his voice as he rubbed his head but he placed another hand over his mouth when he realized he had just blown his cover. She turned around, looking at her boyfriend hiding behind the tree with that cute eye smile he was unintentionally giving to her. She used a hand to motion him to come to her but he shook his head, knowing she could be angry for invading her privacy.

She motioned him again but he stood there as he let his hands fall to his side. When she walked towards him, Baekhyun tried to run but she was faster even though she was wearing a dress. She caught up behind him and hugged him by his waist, causing him to stop as he tensed up upon her touch that never failed to make his heart beat faster than it already was when he was around her. He gulped before his breathings got even, like hers. "Don't run away from me." He grinned when he could sense she was feeling a little sulky on the fact he was trying to run away from her. Her cheek was pressed onto his back and he could feel her smiling.

"S-Sorry for.. invading your privacy." Baekhyun apologized as he turned around to hug her properly. "Mmm.." She mumbled into his chest as his grip around her waist tightened. He rested his chin on her head before he asked, "Did Kyungsoo let it all out to you?"

There was no response.

"D-Do you feel sad?"

Silence.

"Do you like him?"

Only the sounds of trees could be heard along with their breathings.

"You.. do you.. like Kyungsoo?"

He mentally thanked God when she shook her head into his chest and he felt that. Trying his luck, he asked, "Even though you know he likes you now?"

She nodded her head into his chest and his smile grew wider. He placed a hand at the back of her head before he her hair slowly. "Then why are you like this..?" She simply shrug her shoulders before he sighed. "Please tell me what's wrong." Baekhyun said with a hint of pleading. He just wanted her to tell him what was bothering her so much that she wouldn't want to speak, knowing she's the kind to talk a lot. "I just.. feel.. sad.." She muttered softly and he sighed again, knowing it's because of Kyungsoo. "But," His eyes widened when she was going to say more. She leaned away a little so she could lift her chin up to look at him as he looked down on her. "I'm sure I'll be happy again because I have you."

Baekhyun smiled with his teeth before he gave a soft kiss on her forehead. "You know I love you, right?"

"Yeah." She nodded her head before she re hugging him again until she would feel better. "I know that very well."

"And do you love me?" Baekhyun asked, knowing the answer already. She nodded her head and mumbled sweet words that he couldn't make up but he knew they meant something sweet. "How much?" Baekhyun asked and she gave a tight squeeze as she said, "This much."

 


Author's note : Meh.. that's all. Just.. meh.. I wanted to write a oneshot and this came naturally as I followed the request sent in! I did change a little here and there to make it all fit so I hope it was alright xD Do leave your comments, cause I'd like to know but other than that, I'll see you guys in the next oneshot! Tally-ho! ^0^