Preparing for the Fancy Dinner

Lost and Found

“Oh, I forgot! I haven’t even gotten your names yet! Please, call me Mr. Lee. I see you already met my son, Donghae Lee,” Mr. Lee introduced. Donghae dimly nodded as he gulped his tea. Yoona slowly sipped her tea, not sure if she should introduce herself to Mr. Lee. Glancing back at her little brother, she sighed.

“My name is Im Yoona,” Yoona introduced first. A memory struck into Mr. Lee’s head. Im Yoona… Im Yoona, Im Yoona, Im Yoona… I’ve heard of that name somewhere! But where? Mr. Lee wondered. Yet, he kept a calm expression.

“This is my childhood friend, Choi Minho,” Yoona said, pointing at Minho. Minho gave Mr. Lee a tight smile. He felt uncomfortable with Donghae here. 

“And I’m Lee Taemin!” Taemin exclaimed.

“Lee Taemin?” Mr. Lee said, shocked. Yoona and Minho nodded, as Taemin nodded even quicker.

“Neh! Lee Taemin!” Taemin said, smiling even brighter this time. For a moment, Mr. Lee looked shocked and puzzled. Then, his puzzled, pale face turned into an evil smirk.

“Lee Taemin… huh, I see,” Mr. Lee said carefully, sipping his tea quietly. Donghae felt suspicious of his own father. Whenever Mr. Lee spoke carefully, Donghae always had a bad feeling where he sensed that Mr. Lee was going to do something bad. Donghae’s grip on the tea tightened.

“Neh… Is there a problem or something?” Taemin asked, pouting.

“Oh, no no! It’s just that… when I was a bit younger, like, 15 years younger, I remembered a little boy named Lee Taemin. He was five back then,” Mr. Lee smiled. Accidentally, Yoona dropped her tea cup. It slowly crashed onto the ground, as many little pieces of glass scattered near her feet. The tea slowly made small puddle. Minho widened his eyes, shocked. Yoona was only clumsy if she was either worried or upset. 

“Yoona, are you okay?” Minho whispered quietly. Yoona snapped out of her thoughts, and gasped.

“Omo!” she exclaimed, ignoring Minho’s question, “I-I’m so sorry! I was just, well, thinking about something and–”

“Oh, it’s fine,” Mr. Lee said, not wondering what Yoona had been thinking at that moment. He was far more interested in Taemin, who was already on the floor picking up the little glass pieces. He gently cupped one hand and used the other to pick up the little, sharp pieces.

“Maids!” Donghae called, snapping his fingers. Quickly, three young ladies entered the room. They seemed like they were somewhat in their 20’s or younger. Yoona gasped and covered . These young girl as maids? Yoona wondered, as Donghae ordered the maids to clean up the mess. He ordered the second maid to help out Yoona, and the third maid to do something about Taemin’s bleeding hand. B-Bleeding? Yoona thought, stuttering. She turned to her little brother, who started on his wound.

“T-Taemin!” Yoona stuttered, “M-Mian…”

“It’s fine, Noona! Just stop being clumsy now, okay?” Taemin assured, as the third maid slowly and gently held Taemin’s hand. She led him into a room, as the second maid took Yoona away.

“W-Wait!” Yoona stuttered. Minho watched Yoona being pulled by one of the maids, as Mr. Lee got up. 

“I’m sorry, but I have work. You may stay for the night if you would like,” Mr. Lee offered. Minho bit his lips and shook his head and hands.

“No thank you, sir! You’ve done enough for us! Look, we’ve already caused a mess!” Minho apologized. Mr. Lee laughed.

“Oh, accident happen every time! Especially with that young boy around,” Mr. Lee murmured. Minho raised an eyebrow, having a feeling that Mr. Lee was talking about Taemin.

“E-Excuse me?” Minho stuttered, gulping down his saliva.

“Nothing, nothing,” Mr. Lee said quickly. He turned to Donghae and said, “Donghae! Invite these three to dinner! Get them ready for dinner! You are the host today. It’ll be excellent practice for your upcoming party.” Donghae widened his eyes.

“W-Wait, A-Abeoji!” Donghae exclaimed. He wanted to protest with his father, but his father simply ignored him.

“Oh, and if it’s too dark, you may stay for the night,” Mr. Lee said, walking away. He exited the house, leaving the children standing there. Donghae and Minho glanced at each other intensely. Suddenly, they started shooting each other glares.

“What’s up with your father?” Minho asked, crossing his arm. Donghae glared even colder than Minho did.

“Nothing. How about you go home and eat dinner there?” Donghae asked, putting his thumb in his pockets. Minho scoffed and rolled his eyes toward the ceiling. He stared back at Donghae.

“Why? Your father wanted us to stay. Then let us stay. Get us ready for the so-called-dinner your hosting for us. Get the maid to get me dressed or something,” Minho challenged. Donghae smirked, as he snapped his fingers loudly. Two maids rushed into the room.

“Yes, Donghae-ssi?” the maids asked at the same time.

“Go get this man something more suitable to dress in for the fancy dinner we’re having,” Donghae ordered. The two maids bowed before Donghae and grabbed Minho’s arm. Minho widened his eyes and turned to Donghae.

“Y-Yah, I was kidding! W-We’ll go home and–”

“Too late!” Donghae laughed, as he watched Minho being dragged into another room. He paused for a moment, and then sighed. He collapsed on the couch and watched some T.V. I’ll get ready soon, Donghae said, adding a mental note in his mind.


“Wah!! You look beautiful, Miss Im!” the maid exclaimed, clasping her hand. Yoona twirled for a moment, and blushed in the mirror. She didn’t know what to say or do. She was too embarrassed. 

“I-I don’t think this is my style,” Yoona admitted, staring at herself in the elegant dress. The maid giggled as she started to push Yoona out of the room.

“Trust me, I know that this is truly your style! Everyone is going to stare at you as if you’re someone beautifully, like a princess!” the maid exclaimed.

“Ha, ha, very funny. Hey, um… do you know anything about Mr. Lee?” Yoona asked curiously, staring at the maid. The maid lowered her head.

“He is my master. We follow him–”

And respect him. We are not like his slaves. He takes care of us, so please don’t be harsh to Mr. Lee, for he is like a farther to us,” Yoona finished with a smirk. The maid stared at Yoona with wide, shock eyes.

“H-How do you–”

“How do I know the servant’s quotes?” Yoona finished, as the young maid nodded, “Trust me, I’ve been a slave of Mr. Lee. Now, I know that if I tell you my story of being a slave, you’d probably tell Mr. Lee since he would want information about me and the others from the servants when he comes back. All I need you to do is tell me where he keeps a file of his servants.” The maid fumbled with her words for a while and played with her hands.

“What will you do in return?” the maid asked.

“What?” Yoona asked, shocked from the sudden question. 

“What will you do in return?” the young maid asked slowly.

“Um… What do you want me to do?” Yoona asked.

“Depends,” the maid answered calmly. Yoona huffed out some air, puffing her cheeks annoyingly. She’s getting on my nerves, Yoona and the maid both thought at the same time.

“Fine, if you won’t tell me, I guess I’ll have to find it myself,” Yoona said. She’s annoying, the maid thought coldly. Yoona stopped, and then turned to the maid.

“By the way, what’s your name?” Yoona asked.

“Jessica. Jung Jessica,” Jessica said, curtsying. Yoona nodded.

“Jessica. I see. Well, I should go out now. Will you please come with me?”

 

A/N: Tada! So as you can see, I'm adding Jessica in this story! >.< Should I add her part of the love triangle/square or not? I added a poll here, so please vote! ^O^