Staying Over (Part 2/2)

Lost and Found

“I’m so sorry for intruding like this,” Yoona apologized, bowing at Yuri and Donghae. Donghae smiled brightly, as Yuri tossed Yoona an angelic smile. The maids came in an place the little teacups and plates of snacks on the table.

“It’s fine! Don’t worry! It’s rare to have guests at Donghae oppa’s house, right?” Yuri noted, turning to Donghae. Donghae stiffened, noticing that Yuri had called him, ‘oppa.’ Really Yuri, can’t you just call me Donghae-ssi instead of Donghae ‘oppa?’ It’s embarrassing, Donghae wanted to say, but he kept a gentle smile.

“Yeah, it sure is,” Donghae mumbled, looking down at his tea as he quickly took a sip. Yoona just smiled, and glanced at Yuri. Perfect, Yoona thought, She’s a perfect girl. She has the looks, the body– she has everything. 

“I envy you, Yuri-ssi,” Yoona said, sighing deeply. Yuri giggled.

“Oh, you don’t need to be so formal to me. Treat me as your friend,” Yuri assured with a wider smile. Yoona grinned back. Donghae suddenly felt lonely as the two girls began to chat about almost everything– clothes, shoes, etc. If Yuri wasn’t here, I would be talking with Yoona the whole day! It would’ve been nice… Donghae silently thought, staring at Yoona. He glanced at Yuri, and then back at Yoona. 

The two do have some similar features. They look a bit alike, as if they were twins. I wonder if they were really lost twins and one of them had to change their names… What am I thinking? They just look alike, just like how two close friends would look, Donghae thought with a slight chuckle. Yuri glanced at Donghae.

“Earlier, you said that you got into a fight with a guy named Minho? Is he, perhaps, Choi Minho?” Yuri asked politely, raising an eyebrow. Yoona sighed once more.

“Yeah, he is. Now I feel a bit guilty at yelling at him–”

“OH MY GOSH!!! THE CHOI MINHO!? THE GUY WHO GOES TO DONGHAE’S SCHOOL!?” Yuri exclaimed, standing up as she slammed her hand against the table. Yoona stared at Yuri with widened, shocked eyes. Donghae groaned quietly and looked away, totally embarrassed.

“Actually, I go to Donghae’s school too, and yes, Minho does go to our school–”

“KYA!!!!” Yuri squealed, grabbing Yoona’s hand and jumping up and down. Yuri sat right next to Yoona, abandoning Donghae. Donghae pouted sadly. 

“Yoona, we’re best friends, right?” Yuri asked. Yoona raised an eyebrow. 

“We are?” Yoona asked, unsure. Yuri rolled her eyes.

“Of course we are! Why wouldn’t we be?” Yuri asked, staring at Yoona was if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

“But you said to treat you as a friend–”

“Forget what I said! We’re totally best friend! Plus, best friends help each other out, right?” Yuri asked, wiggling her eyebrows. Donghae leaned against the sofa with his teacup, as if he was trying to hide himself. Really Yuri? Wiggling your eyebrows in front of Yoona?! Now that’s really embarrassing, Donghae thought. Yoona couldn’t help but giggle at Yuri’s craziness. 

She’s really unique. I’ve never met such a crazy girl as Yuri! Actually, I’ve never really met a girl like her since I’ve barely met girls when I was younger since I was tutored by Minho at home. Ha, ha, ha! Yoona thought, continuing her giggles. Donghae, for some reason, blushed. 

Her giggles are so… childish, like a choding, Donghae thought with a light smile. Yoona met Donghae’s eyes and smiled brightly. She tossed him a wink, as Donghae’s heart began to beat even faster. She winked at me! She actually winked at me!

“So, let me guess, you want me to get you hooked up with Minho oppa?” Yoona asked. Yuri nodded excitedly.

“BINGO!” Yuri exclaimed, “You aren’t his, well, boyfriend, right?” Yoona quickly turned red at the thought of dating her childhood friend. She quickly shook her hands and head.

“A-Ani! I’m actually his childhood friend! Why would I ever be his boyfriend? He does live with us, just for Taeminnie and my sake,” Yoona pointed out. Yuri raised an eyebrow.

“You live with him? He lives with you just for your sake? And who’s Taeminnie?” Yuri questioned. 

“Yeah, we live in a small apartment. Taeminnie is actually my step little brother, Taemin. He’s totally love sick right now,” Yoona giggled. 

Suddenly, Yoona sighed deeply. Taemin-ah, what happened between you and Sulli? I’m really worried about you, especially when you asked Minho to help you become more mature. You’re perfectly fine how you are! Really, what happened? Yoona wondered, worried. Donghae noticed Yoona’s worried face. 

Why did you want to come to our house the first place, Yoona? What happened with you and Minho? Why are you so sad? wondered Donghae, who was worried about Yoona.


“I don’t want to drink milk!” Taemin whined, as Minho handed him a large cup. Minho groaned.

“If you want to be mature, you have to start eating and drinking things you don’t like. Now, drink your milk!” Minho commanded. Like a trained puppy, Taemin obeyed. He grabbed the glass of milk shakily, as his lips met with the rim of the glass. Minho smirked as he turned around and faced the window, drinking his milk. Yoona, where are you? Come back home, Minho pleaded in his mind, facing the night sky.


“I’m sorry that I forgot to bring my stuff! I was too angry with Minho I just ran out the door and then I ended up here,” Yoona apologized, bowing at Yuri. Yuri smiled, as she lent Yoona a pink, silky night gown.

“Kwenchana! Really, it’s fine! I’m fine with my friends borrowing my stuff!” Yuri assured with a calm smile. Yoona smiled back, but she smiled weakly. Yuri sighed.

“C’mon, I know you can smile more naturally than that. Be happy that you’re staying over for a while!” Yuri exclaimed, patting Yoona’s back. Yoona smiled even wider, as Yuri giggled.  Yuri led Yoona to her bathroom, which was in Yuri’s room.

“The bathroom is over here. You can take a bath here. Everything you need is in there, for your information. Towels, tooth brushes, tooth paste, soap, shampoo– even a rubber ducky!” Yuri squealed, picking up a pink rubber ducky. Yoona gaped at the bathroom. 

“Well, I’ll be going out the bathroom now. If you need anything, ring this bell, arraso?” Yuri said, pointing at a small, silver bell. Yoona nodded, as Yuri closed the door. Yoona sighed, unsure if she should take a bath first or wash her face and brush her teeth. She stared at herself through the huge mirror. Should I go back to Minho and Taemin after I take a bath? Yoona wondered.


30 minutes had passed. Donghae closed his book, and was about to turn off the lamp besides him until he heard a specific bell ringing. Oh, that’s Yuri’s bell, he thought, as he got up. The bell that just rung was a specific, blue bell that had a very specific ring, which called for Donghae. He yawned for a moment, and then walked out of his room, heading for Yuri’s room.


Omo, Yoona thought, picking up the blue bell she had accidentally knocked off the counter, I hope the maids didn’t think that was the bell that called for me. What an interesting sound the bell made, though. It sounded like… a lullaby?

Yoona smiled at herself through the misty mirror. She had just finished taking a bath and brushing her teeth, and she was refreshed. The anger from arguing with Minho disappeared, and her sorrow for staying at Donghae’s house unprepared was gone, too.

“Yuri?” a familiar, clouded voice called outside the bathroom door. Yoona raised an eyebrow, thinking that someone had called her name.

“Yeah, I’m here!” Yoona called. Aigoo, the maids must’ve thought that I rung the bell for help or something. I should face them and properly tell them that I knocked off the bell by accident. Though, the voice sounded so familiar, thought Yoona. Yoona wrapped herself with the pink towel.

“Yuri, what happened– OH. MY. GO–”

“AH!!!!” Yoona screamed, turning red. It wasn’t the maids, nor was it Yuri. The voice didn’t even call for Yoona’s name, and Yoona thought that the voice did.

It was Donghae, starring at Yoona in shock.

“W-What?!” Donghae exclaimed. Yoona picked up the pink rubber ducky and threw it at Donghae.

“GET OUT OF HERE, ERT! STOP STARRING AT ME!!” Yoona screamed, gripping the towel tightly against her bare body. Donghae quickly shut his eyes and closed the door. He opened his eyes, widening his eyes. He puffed his cheeks and took a deep sigh. Oh my gosh, I almost say Yoona , Donghae thought, leaning against the wall. He covered his face with his hands, his face super red. Yuri came in with a bubbly, happy face.

“Oh, Donghae oppa! Why are you here? Are you sick?” Yuri asked, noticing Donghae’s tomato red face. Donghae glared at Yuri.

“Why did the sound of your bell come from the bathroom?! Yoona’s there!” Donghae exclaimed, pointing at the door. Yuri gasped

“Oh! So that’s where I placed my blue bell! I couldn’t find it at all after I left Yoona in the restroom,” Yuri sighed.

“Did you tell her how to lock the door?!” Donghae shouted.

“No… I wanted to eat dinner,” Yuri whimpered, as Donghae glared at her.

“You… You… You… UGH!” Donghae groaned, stomping out the door. Yuri heard another bell ringing from the bathroom. It was the silver bell that Yuri had pointed to Yoona earlier.

“Yeah Yoong?” Yuri asked.

“I-Is Donghae oppa gone?” Yoona stuttered.

“Yeah, he is,” Yuri said, as Yoona opened the door. She was now dressed in her pink night gown that Yuri had lent her. Yuri smiled.

“Hey, that night gown looks really awesome on you! You should keep it,” Yuri exclaimed. Yoona blushed lightly.

“Um… Why did Donghae oppa appear instead of the maids when I knocked that blue bell off the counter?” Yoona asked quietly.

“Oh, that’s my special bell! It makes a different ring than the other bells. Isn’t it cool? That bell rings for Donghae oppa, so that’s why he came instead of the maids. He… gave it to me when we were younger,” Yuri said shyly. Yoona widened her eyes.

“You guys are childhood friends?” Yoona exclaimed. Yuri giggled.

“Well, kind of. We met when I was 7 and he was 9. Our parents wanted us to meet and fall in love so that we can get married later on. I fell for him like crazy! I was playing with my flute when I was younger for Donghae oppa. Donghae oppa said that it was annoying, and I started bawling. The next day, he gave me a bell as a ‘sorry’ present. He was such a shy boy, and he still is now,” Yuri explained, staring at the blue bell for a lone time. Yoona slowly nodded.

“But do you like him now?” Yoona asked.

“Heck no! I’m falling over heels for Minho-ssi!” Yuri laughed, “Now, let’s go to sleep. You can sleep at the guest room. It’s right next door. Just ring the silver bell. Each bell makes a different sound, and they each have a different meaning. There will be a pink bell, which will call for me and Donghae oppa, arraso?” Yoona nodded.

“Arraso,” Yoona repeated, as she followed Yuri to the guest room. When they arrived in front of the door, Yuri waved at Yoona.

“Good night, Yoona-ssi! We’ll see each other in the morning,” Yuri said, as she walked back to her own room. Yoona waved back as she sighed and touched the doorknob. Looks like I ended up staying here for the night, Yoona thought, turning the doorknob.