Hiding

Lost and Found

“But I have to go!” Taemin, Yoona’s younger brother, whined. Yoona rolled her eyes, telling her younger brother to hush. Taemin was only 5 years old, so she understood what Taemin was going through. Yoona, however, was 7, so she had to be more mature.

“Taemin-ah, if you want to survive, you have to stay quiet!” Yoona whispered. Taemin whimpered, as Yoona rolled her eyes. Suddenly, she heard footsteps approaching. Yoona’s eyes widened, quickly pushing her brother into the small stream. She could hear the guard dogs sniffling and a man shouting.

“I WANT THOSE THREE KIDS NOW!” a man screamed. Taemin whimpered even louder. 

“Noona! I have to go!” Taemin whispered.

“Hush, Taemin. Keep walking. Follow the stream and try to not make any sound. I’ll stall some time,” Taecyeon mumbled. Yoona widened her eyes.

“Oppa!” Yoona whispered. Taecyeon was Yoona’s older brother, and although he had strength, he was pretty much tired and weak from fighting with the guard dogs and the other guards. He was only 11 years old, and he was the eldest among his siblings.

“Be quiet! Go, and make sure when you’re out of this place, let Taemin go,” Taecyeon ordered, as Yoona just nodded. She pushed her younger brother forward, the cold, icy water stinging their bare feet. 

30 minutes later, Yoona and Taemin were tired from walking fast and quietly. They spotted an old cottage house. The lights were off, but Yoona and Taemin didn’t care. They ran up to the cottage house, knocking on it several times. No answer. Taemin, who just had to go, started crouching. Yoona bit her lips, turning the knob. Surprisingly, it was open, and no one was there. 

“Quickly, Taemin,” Yoona whispered, “Get in.” 

“Are you sure?” Taemin squeaked. Yoona nodded, as Taemin obeyed. He went in, followed by Yoona. They lit up a small match, roaming around the house. Taemin’s eyes sparkled as he spotted what he had been longing for.

“Noona! A bucket!” Taemin exclaimed, quickly using the bucket and running into another room. Yoona giggled, finding a candlelight. She lit it up with the match, shaking the small lit fire off the match. The candle lit the room dimly, but bright enough to see the surroundings. Yoona sighed and looked out the window, hoping Taecyeon was fine.

“Please be safe,” she whispered. A sudden knock echoed in the room. Yoona gasped.

“Excuse me! I see your house is lit. May we come in and examine the your house for any unexpected visitor?” the same scary man’s voice shouted. Yoona remained frozen. “And if you’re looking for your brother, Yoona and Taemin, he’s already dead. We have his head.” Yoona peaked secretly through the window and gasped silently. Her brother’s head was pale and red, scars everywhere. No body. Just his head. Yoona covered with her hand, her eyes getting teary. She quickly went to find Taemin.

“Taemin… Taemin-ah!” Yoona whispered.

“Noona!” Taemin whispered back. Yoona turned around and found Taemin behind her.

“Where were you?” Yoona asked.

“Behind you the whole time. Why?” Taemin asked.

“Come on, we’re leaving.”

“Already? Noona, I’m tired!” Taemin complained.

“Taecyeon oppa is already dead! His head, and only his head, is in front of the window! If you want to end up like Taecyeon oppa, then fine! Stay here! They’ll burst the cottage door open any minute from now. If you want to live, come with me,” Yoona hissed, hot tears spilling on her cheek. Taemin stood quiet.

“Noona… You worry too much!” Taemin mumbled. Yoona bit her lower lips.

“Taemin, do you understand what we’re going through right now?” Yoona questioned. Taemin nodded. Of course he knew. They were escaping from the bad guys. What he didn’t understand was why they had to keep running.

“If you did, you would follow me. If you didn’t, you would stay here and end up like Taecyeon oppa,” Yoona said. Taemin frowned.

“Noona!”

“Taemin!”

“Excuse me!” the man’s voice hollered, “May you open the door? Anyone?”

“Sir, I think no one’s there. There isn’t any light at all,” a sour voice said. 

“Strange… I’m sure I saw a candle light! Ah, forget it. Let’s go!” the man’s voice yelled.

“What about the dead boy?” the sour voice asked.

“Eh, burry it, trash it, eat it, whatever you want to do with it. I was hoping it’d be like a bait, but I guess not. They must’ve gone farther. That’s enough for tonight. We’ll search for them later,” the man said, “Tomorrow in the morning. Let’s go!” Yoona and Taemin stopped arguing, hearing the man’s and everyone else’s steps fading farther away to the direction they came from. Taemin and Yoona sighed.

“I guess we can stay here a little bit,” Yoona mumbled. Taemin smiled.

“Yay!” he cheered, hoping on the chair, “So what’s for dinner?”

 

A/N: So I'm briefly just writing about Yoona's and Taemin's past. The next chapter will include about Yoona's and Taemin's past, too! ^_^ At least that's what I've planned :) Hope you enjoyed the chapter! :D