DNA Shot

Lost and Found

A black mini-van parked in front of the movie theaters. Taecyeon reached across Yoona and unbuckled her seatbelt. Yoona wanted to talk to Taecyeon longer, but instead, he opened the door and pushed her out of the car. Yoona stared at Taecyeon. She was still shocked from what Taecyeon had said earlier. Taecyeon slammed the door closed and signaled the driver to drive. Before the driver was able to start driving, Yoona banged on the window.

"YA! OK TAECYEON! OPEN THE DOOR!" Yoona demanded. Taecyeon sighed and unrolled the window.

"Mwoh?" he asked, annoyed.

"We still need to talk."

"There's nothing to talk about."

"There are so many things we have to talk about!"

"Like what?"

"Like your head! What happened to your head?" Yoona asked, remembering the memory of seeing Taecyeon's head in front of the window. Taecyeon kept quiet. Should I warn her about it? Taecyeon wondered. Yoona frowned. "Ya, oppa–"

"Yoona," Taecyeon said, "When we were younger, do you remember a guy injected a shot in your arm and then you passed out?" Yoona nodded and shivered. It was one of the scariest memory she had as a slave.


~Flash Back~

"C'mon, little girl! It's only a little press of this…"

"G-Get away from me!" little Yoona whimpered, backing away. Taemin gripped tighter on his sister's shirt and hid behind her.

"Your brother will also be taking this shot, too…"

"Stop it! Stop getting closer!" Yoona demanded, glaring coldly at the strange man in a white lab coat.

"Give me your arm!" the strange man demanded.

"NO!" Yoona shouted, but the man reached for Yoona's arm and grabbed it tightly. Quickly, he injected the needle in Yoona's skin. Yoona closed her eyes tightly. The pain filled Yoona's arm, as she groaned in pain. She collapsed on her knees, dizzy and weak. 

"What the…WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO MY STEP SISTER?!" Yoona heard Taecyeon shout angrily. The next thing she saw was Taecyeon rolling up his sleeves, breathing roughly through his nose. Then, she passed out.

~Flash Back Ended~


"Yeah, I remember. What about it?" Yoona asked curiously. 

"That shot holds your DNA. That 'head' was actually a copy of my head. They made it out of clay or something. Or I think it was a skull? I'm not sure, but I was alive. I was just badly beaten up. Be careful. They might be using the DNA shot to fool your minds," Taecyeon warned.

"Why are you even telling me these things when you're trying to capture Taemin?" Yoona asked, crossing her arms. Taecyeon kept quiet. He looked confused.

"I…Don't know," Taecyeon mumbled, as the driver drove off without Taecyeon's permission. Yoona continued to stand at the same spot Taecyeon had left her. He doesn't know? He's helping us, and he doesn't know the reason why? Yoona thought in disbelief.

"Yoona!" 

Yoona whipped her head around and found Donghae running up to her. Suddenly, Donghae wrapped his arms around Yoona. Yoona widened her eyes in shock.

"D-Donghae oppa!" she stuttered, embarrassed.

"Gosh, when I heard news that you were kidnapped, I was freaked out! I ran out here just now and found you! Gosh, thank goodness you were just outside," Donghae whispered, hugging Yoona even tighter. Yuri and Minho, who just came outside, stared at Donghae and Yoona secretly from afar.

"Is that Yoona?" Minho asked a bit too quickly. Yuri nodded, as Minho took a step forward. Suddenly, Yuri blocked Minho's path by putting her arm in front of him.

"Let's…leave them alone," Yuri whispered, staring at Minho's sad eyes. He slowly nodded and secretly made a fist. Why does it always have to be Yoona and Donghae? Minho wondered.