The Little Boy Behind the Curtains

Lost and Found

“And then this creepy girl just came up to Minho hyung and she introduced herself to him and…” Taemin said, telling them the story about their encounter with Yuri. Students gathered around him, listening to his story. Krystal snorted.

“Please, they actually pay attention to that little baby?” Krystal laughed. Luna and Amber giggled, as Sulli pouted.

“He’s not that bad… is he?” Sulli mumbled. Victoria patted Sulli’s shoulder.

“I feel so sorry for you. You really love him, but you can’t love at him at the same time. Love is harsh, isn’t it?” Victoria whispered sympathetically. Sulli blushed.

“I-It’s not like that!” Sulli protested. Or is it? she wondered, as she stared at Taemin. Taemin smiled happily, as he looked around the room. His eyes met with Sulli’s as he tilted his head a bit and smiled like a kid. Sulli turned even redder. Victoria noticed this and smirked. I knew it. She loves him, she thought. 

“Anyways, time for the big news!” Krystal exclaimed, clapping her hands and turning to face Sulli, “Sulli-ah, we created a fan club for you so that we can find the perfect man for you!” 

We? By all means, who do you mean my we?” Amber asked. Krystal snorted.

“You silly Amber! You, me, Luna, and Victoria!” Krystal exclaimed as if it was the most obvious thing. Luna smiled as Victoria and Amber frowned.

“I’m sorry, guys, but I’m out. Let Sulli find who she really loves,” Victoria said, “Don’t create a fan club to see which guys is perfect for Sulli.”

“I like it,” Luna squealed, “Count me in!” Amber crossed her arms and shook her head.

“NO WAY HOSÉ! I’m not going to do anything with Sulli’s lovey-dovey stuff. Count me OUT,” Amber refused harshly. Krystal stuck her nose high up.

“Humph! Fine, whatever! Why did I bother to invite you in the first place? You’re a boy, of course,” Krystal mocked. Amber turned red in anger.

“YA!” Amber shouted, as everyone stared at her, “LET SULLI CHOOSE WHO SHE WANTS TO BE WITH! AND I’M A GIRL FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!! IT’S YOUR FAULT THAT YOU MADE ME A TOMBOY!” Krystal yawned boringly and looked away, waving her hand.

“Please, that’s what you always say. All I wanted was to do a makeover on you,” Krystal smirked.

“Um… unnie,” Sulli whispered, embarrassed that her two unnies were grabbing attention. She was extremely embarrassed when she saw Taemin staring at the group. Couldn’t you two cut it out? Sulli hoped.

“A makeover? Oh, yeah, cutting my hair and pissing me off. Thanks, what a great ‘makeover,’” Amber grumbled. Krystal scoffed and stomped up.

“What did you say? I don’t piss anyone! You piss yourself!” Krystal snapped.

“You two, quit it!” Victoria yelled, but then the two continued to argue. Sulli sighed as she covered her face. Taemin made a move. He slowly made his way to Sulli and smiled maturely.

“Would you like to get out of class with me?” Taemin offered. Sulli raised an eyebrow, noticing that Taemin had… changed. Ignoring that fact, Sulli quickly nodded her head and grabbed Taemin’s hand as Taemin pulled her away from the crowd. 


“Minho oppa… You look tired. I’m so sorry for not reminding you about school and everything! Please forgive me,” Yoona pleaded, clasping her hand. An image of Yuri popped back into Minho’s head. Why… Why is she keep appearing? Minho wondered. He slowly stared at Yoona. Suddenly, he gasped as an image of Yuri replaced Yoona’s face. They look so alike too! Aigoo, my head is spinning, Minho thought, groaning.

“Yoona-ssi, annyeonhaseyo! Hey Min…ho,” Donghae said, reading off of Minho’s name tag again. Minho sighed and sat up straight, rubbing his face with his hands.

“Why is Yuri appearing in my head?!” Minho groaned. Donghae widened his eyes as his heart was about to stop. Yoona sighed.

“Who’s Yuri? You’re new crush? Who was your crush last time? Oh yeah, a girl named ‘Seohyun’ but she was taken by this guy named ‘Yonghwa’ and you kept suffering from that thought,” Yoona teased, grinning like a fool. Donghae tried to hold back his laughter, but he couldn’t help it. He ended up spitting on Minho’s face. Minho sighed as he wiped off Donghae’s spit.

“Dude, keep your mouth shut. Why were you spitting at me?” Minho asked with a long sigh.

“Sorry, I couldn’t help but laugh and hold my laugh back at the same time,” Donghae chuckled. Yoona just smiled as she took a seat besides Minho.

“So who’s the lucky girl?” Yoona asked.

“It’s not someone I like. It’s this random girl I met when I was running to school. I accidentally bumped into her, she her skirt got dirty. When she stared at me right in the eyes, you can see that she was planning something. Suddenly, she started hugging me and cooing me and then she called me, ‘honey.’ I mean, who on earth calls a stranger, ‘honey?’” Minho asked, exaggerating every word. Yoona laughed out loud, as Donghae froze.

“Is that girl perhaps… Kwon Yuri?” Donghae asked. Minho raised an eyebrow.

“You met her before?” Minho asked. Donghae bit his lips nervously.

“Er… well, she’s my… how do you say… an old friend? No, more like… a neighbor, you can say,” Donghae stammered.

“C’mon, Donghae oppa! Tell us! Who exactly is she?” Yoona asked sweetly, touching Donghae’s hand. Donghae shivered and looked up into Yoona’s soft, warm, brown doe-like eyes. His heart pounded even faster, and faster. 

“I, uh, um, you, yeah, uh…” Donghae mumbled, staring at Yoona. His cheeks were burning red, as Yoona stared into Donghae’s eyes for a second. Then, a strange memory lurked in her head.


Flash Back

“Get away from Taeminnie!” Yoona screamed, dragging her little brother’s shirt. Her little brother was unconscious and was getting beaten up by Mr. Lee’s worker, “TAEMINNIE! TAEMINNIE!”

“Noona…” Taemin whispered, as he passed out again.

“TAEMINNIE! YOU KILLED HIM!” Yoona cried, letting go of Taemin’s shirt. Mr. Lee kneeled on the ground and lifted Yoona’s chin up.

“No, he’s not dead. He only fainted. You have to learn to give up. Next time, give up a bit faster,” Mr. Lee lectured, getting up as his workers threw Taemin on the ground. Another boy appeared behind the curtains, his eyes flaring with anger.

“Abeoji… why?” the little boy behind the curtains mumbled. Yoona looked up and saw that little boy. He had the softest, kindest eyes that she had ever seen. The little boy widened his eyes as he disappeared. Yoona gasped and got on her feet.

“W-What! G-Gajima (Don’t go)!” Yoona cried, as she ran towards the curtain. She moved the curtains quickly, hoping to see the boy. He wasn’t there anymore.

Flash Back Ended


“Yoona? Earth to Yoona? You there?” Minho asked, waving his hand right in front of Yoona’s face. Yoona blinked continuously as she remembered where she was.

“Hm? I’m fine. Gosh, when is class starting?” Yoona wondered out loud. Minho’s sneakers squeaked, as he stopped.

“Yoona… class ended. It’s time for P.E. You haven’t paid attention, have you?” Minho asked, ‘tsking’ at Yoona, “Anyways, I found out who Kwon Yuri is!” 

“Who?” Yoona asked.

“I’m not sure if Donghae is lying or not, but… Kwon Yuri is Donghae’s fiance.”