Preparations

Come To Me

The next day came and Taeyeon woke up early. She stared at her ceiling for a moment with a blank mind. She got up and got ready, remembering that it was a very special day for a certain Ice Princess. As she walked into the living room, she grabbed a bowl of cereal and sat on the couch.

"Are you ready for the party, Soo?" Hyoyeon asked. 

"So ready! I can't wait to dance!" Sooyoung said excitedly.

Taeyeon's ears perked up. "Party? What party?"

"Uh-oh..." Soohyo said.

"You planned a party without telling me first?"

"Hehe... well, you see-"

"Ugh... well I guess it's okay since you did throw a party for my birthday. So who's coming?"

"Oh yeah, about that-" The doorbell rang "-they're here now!"

"Hi guys! Where's the birthday girl?" Sunny greeted happily.

Taeyeon stared with wide eyes. 

"She still sleeping of course. We should be good until dinner." Sooyoung replied.

"Ah, that's right. She sleeps for like the entire day."

Taeyeon quickly grabbed Hyoyeon aside while Sooyoung continued talking to Sunny.

"Why did you invite him here?" Taeyeon whispered.

"Why not?"

"How did you even get ahold of him?"

"Through you."

"Me?"

"Yeah, you. You left your phone out in the living room last night and we saw his contact."

Taeyeon thought for a second. Her eyes widened.

"Hmph. Remember now? Why didn't you tell us you had a crush? Is it because he's a newbie?"

"Wha- No! I don't have a crush on Kyusun!"

"Sure you don't. That's why you have his number, why his contact said 'Kyusun the cutest <3' and why you don't want him here today. Case closed!"

Taeyeon blushed. "No!"

"Yes."

"No! Look, I just can't explain myself now..."

"AH-HA!"

"BUT I don't like him! I promise!"

"Sure."

"Argh!" Taeyeon stomped away to the kitchen to finish her cereal.

"ual frustration. I know, it's that byuntae side of you coming out again."

"WHAT DID YOU SAY?!" 

"Nothing, nothing. Kekekeke."


Fany came home after a couple early hours of shopping for Jessica's perfect present.

"Hi guys! I'm back home and- w-who's this?" Tiffany noted the cute blonde boy sitting on the couch. That's a cute face.

"Uh, guys, care to uh, introduce me?"

"Oh, right. Tiffany, this is Kyusun. Kyusun, this is Tiffany." Yoona greeted the two and sat back down.

"Nice to meet you!" Fany said, cheerily.

"My pleasure! It's amazing to be in a room with so many talented and beautiful people, keke." Sunny replied. Everyone in the room had a little heart attack.

"Aww! You're so sweet! Nice first impression. Anyway, we've got to keep on task here. We still need birthday decorations, cake, and to set up the house. Oh, where are the other SuJu oppas, Kyusun?"

"Oh... mianheyo, but the others had to record vocals today. I'm going in tomorrow since I'm technically still a trainee. Oh! But they did say that they'd be coming once the party starts. Sorry they couldn't come and help..." Sunny pouted.

"Aw! That's okay! There would be too many people anyway. We still would have to split up in groups since there's a lot of us. And hey, there's an even number! No one get's left out! Ok so let me set things up..." Tiffany started writing names down and put them in a random baseball cap lying around.

"Taeyeon, Yuri, Hyoyeon, and Seohyun pick a piece of paper from this hat. Whoever you choose will be your partner for today."

Taeyeon went first. She approached the hat and randomly chose a name from it. She unfolded it. K-Kyusun?! Aish... I'm not going to hear the end of this... and just when I told him to keep away from me too... 

"Who'd you get Taeyeon?" Tiffany asked.

"K-kyusun."

"OHOOHOHOH!" Hyoyeon nudged the other Kim suggestively.

"Shut up!" Taeyeon whispered to the Dancing Queen.

"Someone must be excited, hehe."

Sunny perked up a bit. I'm kind of happy... but she told me to keep away from her... I guess it's not my fault, and I get to talk to her. I just hope she's okay with this. "C-come on Tae, let's go get the cake! It'll be fun looking at all the cute pastries down at the bakery."

"I guess..."

The rest of the teams were picked. Yoona was with Yuri, Sooyoung with Hyoyeon, and Tiffany with Seohyun. Tiffany sighed at the couples. No one is going to get any work done... I just hope Jessi has a great birthday...

 


The car ride was silent most of the way to the bakery. Taeyeon did her best not to stare at the boy who strongly resembled her Sunny. That's right, her Sunny. Taeyeon didn't know when she started using possessive terms with Sunny, but she shrugged it off. She just missed her so much, it was like if she lost her Dookong. Or at least one in her extensive collection of fanmade and gifted Dookongs. Sunny looked over to her.

"Are you mad at me?" Sunny asked with a worriful tone.

"Hm? No, of course not! Why?"

"Well you told me to leave you alone for no clear reason... and you haven't talked to me this whole 20 minute ride here. I'm sorry if I did anything..."

"No, no... it's okay. It's just... you remind me so much of my friend Sunny... she disappeared without a word and I'm really worried about her... I miss her so much and I think that she left because of me. I'm sorry... I shouldn't have been like that to you."

"It's okay... I understand don't worry. I'd be like that too. I'm sorry for your loss. I'm sure she'll be back one day and will still be there for you. I'm positive."

"Thanks..."

"Oh, we're here. Don't forget your sunglasses." 

After putting on their sunglasses, the two got out of the car.

Sunny came up from behind Taeyeon and put her hood on her head.

"You're too noticible... you'll be okay now." Sunny said.

Taeyeon smiled at the familiar action. He really is just like her...

As they walked to the square with the bakery, they noticed the large crowd gathered today.

Taeyeon was afraid of crowds. Ever since she was almost kidnapped she hated being around too many strangers. She grabbed Sunny's hand tenderly.

Sunny's eyes widened at the soft contact. Their hands fit perfectly. Sunny blushed and popped the collar of her jacket up to hide her face.

"S-sorry..." Taeyeon let go with a blush. "I'm just a bit scared of big crowds."

Sunny grabbed Taeyeon's hand this time. "C'mon, let's go inside." She smiled.


As the two walked into the bakery, they got a bit distracted with the bright colors and sweet pastries around them. 

"Gasp, look at the size of these macaroons!"

"Omo! These donuts have such cute faces! I want the hamster!"

"Aw! These cookies have little tuxedos!"

As the two were gawking over the extremely cute sweets, an employee approached them. 

"Hi! Do you need any help picking some sweets? Would you like to see our couple treats?"

Sunny and Taeyeon exchanged glances and flushed.

"Oh, we're not a couple," Sunny said.

The employee looked that their intertwined hands. He gave a knowing smirk.

"Oh excuse me, I've misunderstood. Can I still help you with something?"

"Right, we were here to pick up a cake from our friend's birthday."

"Yes we have that cake. I'll go get it. Please wait, sir." The employee walked off.

"Kyusun, I'm going to head to the bathroom. I'll be right back."

"Ok, don't be gone too long and be careful, alright?"

Taeyeon laughed. "Yes, Umma." She walked towards the ladies' room.

Sunny slowly walked along the cupcake and donut displays. After picking a couple treats, he had them wrapped and put them in his backpack.

Once Taeyeon returned, Sunny had already received the birthday cake and the two headed home, arms linked.


"We're home!" Taeyeon announced as she entered the dorm. "Hello?"

"No one seems to be home yet... how long have we been gone? Like an hour and a half?" Sunny inquired.

"Yeah... let's put the cake in the fridge. The teams must be fooling around a lot."

After putting the cake away, Sunny opened his backpack and took out the wrapped pastries.

"Hey Taeyeon, close your eyes..."

"W-why?" Taeyeon's mind raced to very byun and innapropriate places (keke XD).

"Trust me. Hold out your hands, okay?"

Taeyeon did as she was told. She felt a weight in her palms. She opened her eyes and gasped.

"For me? B-but today isn't my birthday..."

"Yeah, but I thought you might like it. Open it." Sunny smiled.

Taeyeon removed the ribbon and looked inside the box. 

"Omo... thank you so much... this is really sweet." Sunny laughed at Taeyeon's corny joke.

"You're welcome. I thought you might like them."

Sunny bought the hamster donut and a cupcake with a pea pod edible decoration on top. Sunny had a feeling that she'd like the cute peas.

"These weren't cheap... thank you so much. You're too thoughful."

"Ah, it was nothing. Anyway, I'm going to the bathroom." Sunny hugged the happy girl. "Be right back."

Taeyeon smiled at the small gift before her. She took out her phone and snapped a picture of the pea cupcake and posted it on Instagram. I'll just say it was from a fan... Taeyeon thought as she wrote the description.

snsd+taeyeon+peas+in+a+pod+cupcake.jpg

Taeyeon thought to herself again. Wait... what am I going to do alone with him until the other groups come back?! Taeyeon her cupcake.