Sunny's Birthday

Come To Me

The next day, Taeyeon woke up with puffy eyes. Right when I feel like I love someone... he-he crushes my heart... She covered her face with her blanket, protecting herself from the sudden rays entering her window. She grabbed her phone out from under her pillow and turned it on. She opened her Instagram and was slowly starting to forget her troubles after reading all the supportive comments from the SONEs. They always made her feel better. The scrolled through the comments of her newest upload, and she stumbled upon one that made her heart sink.

Hey, Taeyeon-ssi, can you tell Sunny Happy Birthday for me please? I love all you guys and I want her to know that I wish her all the happiness in the world today and forever! Thank you! Sarangheyo! <3 @Taeyeon_ss 

Tears started streaming down Taeyeon's face. How could she forget Sunny's birthday? Has it really been that long since Sunny disappeared? Her birthday... and I had so much planned... I wanted to go out together and get some dinner... maybe treat her to a drink... or more. I even planned out her gift and kept it from hidden from her so well... Taeyeon opened the secret compartment behind her bed. Inside there was a box, holding a cute little necklace, with the characters: 단듀 (Dandyu) It would be a small reminder of their closeness, but with Sunny gone she just stared at the box, saddened by its appearance. There was a knock at her bedroom door.

"Taeyeon unnie... C-could you get ready p-please? W-we have rehearsals today..." It was Seohyun. Was she... crying?

"Ok Maknae... I'll be out..." Taeyeon slowly got ready for rehearsals, not remembering the certain someone she had to face.

As Taeyeon entered the van, she took a close look at each of the members. They were all wearing sunglasses, which was strange since it was a cloudy day. Everyone was silent.

"I-is everyone alright today?" Taeyeon asked with a true look of concern on her face.

"Yeah, we're fine..." Everyone answered in unison.


Flashback to earlier this morning

"I-I miss Sunny!" Yuri bursted into tears as she entered the living room.

"M-me too, unnie... how could she miss her birthday... we were going to do something special..." Seohyun sighed and rubbed her puffy red eyes.

"Shhh! Guys... we can't let Taeyeon know we're upset..." Tiffany took charge with Jessica standing right next to her, arm around her waist.

"B-but Fany... we miss our energy pill so much..." Yoona wiped a tear.

"I-I know... I miss her too but... you know how strange Taeyeon's been acting lately... we can't spread our sorrows to her... w-we need to put a strong face on, for her!" Tiffany started tearing up again.

"Fany-a's right. We need to do this... I know how much we've been suffering and how much we've been hiding it from Taeyeon... but... we've got to keep our heads held high. We don't want her in another depression..." Jessica said, tightening her grip on Tiffany's waist.

"Guys... they're right... we need to do this..." Sooyoung put down her bibimbap, sniffling her tears away. 

"See? C'mon guys... we can get through this. Are you all with me?" Tiffany asked.

"Agreed..." Everyone mumbled in saddness. 


Did they really forget about Sunny? H-how could they... Taeyeon was stopped by the sound of the car stopping. They arrived at the studio. Everyone slowly got out of the car, approaching the elevator and pressing the correct floor. When they reached the floor, the room was dark. 

"What's going on?" Taeyeon asked.

"Shhhh!" A voice was heard. We're waiting for someone.

"Who?"

"Get down!" All the girls hid behind whatever they could find. 

"What is it?!" Footsteps were heard. The lights flicked on.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY KYUSUN!!!" Streamers fell from the ceiling and everyone clapped, including the shocked SNSD, trying to play along.

B-birthday??? Taeyeon clenched her eyes shut, the veins popping out of her forehead. Why... does everything... have to be... so similiar?! I can't take this anymore! The more he reminds me of her... the more I miss her... when I'm already hurting from his actions! He just can't stop hurting me... whether he's consious of it or not... Taeyeon stood up from her hiding place and walked towards the group of party-goers, her head downcast. She was still holding the necklace box from this morning, forgetting to put it back in its hiding place. Her grip tightened on it, getting... angry? Sad? Frustrated? She wasn't sure, but she knew that she wasn't happy. Sunny was, on the other hand, pretty happy that she remembered her birthday date. She still couldn't remember much, but the anticipation of a birthday was nothing you could forget. 

"Taeyeon! How are-" Sunny was cut off by Taeyeon's screams.

"You DARE have the nerve to talk to me!?" The room went silent. "H-how could you... how could you do this to me? How much more are you going to hurt me, huh? Let me guess... what, are you 25 too? Do you have astigmatism in both eyes? Do you love meat? Do you have siblings with the same exact birthday? Did you get a score of 97.5 on your driver's test? Is your favorite number 12? Do you love videogames? Do you like manga? Anime? Are you ANY different from HER?! Well let me tell you something mister..." Taeyeon was in tears now, "Why don't you go away, leave me alone, and stop giving me these... these feelings!? I-I hate you." Taeyeon threw the box in her hands at Sunny's chest, making Sunny catch it. She watched as Taeyeon stormed out of the building, in complete shock. She sunk down on her knees... her eyes downcast... What. Did. I. Do?


Taeyeon ran to the Han River Bridge, following the path she used to take with Sunny during their debut days. She eventually made it under the bridge, sitting down and watching the water flow by. This was the ultimate hiding place for her. Only Sunny knew of it, stumbling upon a crying Taeyeon during their Kissing You days. This was the time of the dreaded Black Ocean, and the first time Taeyeon felt so rejected. Only Sunny ignored her manager's command to stay put at let her calm down. She had to find Taeyeon. She was her best friend. After that night, the two girls would always come to the place when they were upset, stressed, or troubled. It was an escape for the two. They'd take naps, have picnics, and just hang out and watch the stars. 

Taeyeon looked to her left. The place where Sunny should have been sitting next to her. She drew her name in the sand, her tears messing up the perfect handwriting. She looked up at the sky, watching the clouds go by. That one looks like a bunny... another... another... Taeyeon looked down. Sunny... I miss you like crazy. Can you hear me? Sunny? If only you were Closer... I'd tell you 'Happy Birthday...' And One more thing... I love you... 


Oh, my goodness, HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEE SOONKYU! I love you! I really wanted to wish Sunny a great new year filled with joy and achievement. I know she will prosper, for her talents and personality shine wherever she goes. Sunny, you are my rolemodel and inspiration <3 I hope the best for you, and want you to live a long, happy life. No matter what, the SONEs have your back, and we'll always love and support you! Sunny hwaiting! 130515 :3 

I'm sorry for the sad chapter for Sunny... don't kill me Sunyeon shippers! Anyway, I hope you guys at least enjoyed the chapter, and had an amazing day today (hehe, technically now, where I am (America) it's still Sunny's birthday (May 15), and this counts because Sunny was born in America kekeke)! Thank you for the 13th upvote, new subscribers, and commenters! You guys are amazing! So... I guess... until next time~ 


Oh, and for the record, Taeyeon posted the picture above and wrote as the caption: "Happy B-day SUNNY❀ 오늘도 우리는 행복했다. 써니끼니사랑해내꺼 #515 #HPM #bd" which roughly means: "Today too, we're happy. Sunny-ki, I love you. You are mine." D'AWWW Sunyeon! <3

20130515_sunny_birthday-600x600.jpg