Oblivious

Come To Me

Taeyeon entered her dorm a bit confused with the event with Kyusun. I just can't understand... why is he doing this? He can't be jealous... no, he has Jessica. Is he mad about our scandal? Our lack of progress on our piece in the SMTown concert? Taeyeon couldn't think anymore. Instead, she decided to go talk to Jessica herself.

"Hey, Jessica..."

"Shhh!" Tiffany scolded Taeyeon. The Ice Princess was still asleep.

"Oh... sorry. Um, what are you doing in Jessica's room?"

"U-uh, just watching her..."

"Hm... you miss her, don't you?"

"Yeah... I miss hanging out with her a lot. We were strawberries and bananas, cookies and cream..."

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Oh, it's a Jeti thing."

"Ok... So do you know about her and Kyusun?" There was a pause.

"Yeah, I know..."

"How do you feel?"

"Jealous."

"Wha-"

"I'm so jealous. I'm not even going to lie. I can't have her spending the little time she has with someone else..."

"Hm, sounds a bit posessive, eh?"

"Psh. Look who's talking..."

"What?"

"Don't tell me you're not jealous too."

"That Jessica isn't hanging out with me?"

"NO-gosh Taeyeon, you can be so dense sometimes... even with yourself... no wonder one of your nicknames was MungTaeyeon."

"What are you talking about?"

"You are jealous OF Jessica."

"Elaborate for me."

"Uggghhh... you are jealous that Kyusun has been spending his time with Jessica, not you."

"Um... okay? Nice theory. Why?"

"I can't believe I'm explaining your own feelings to you... you have feelings for Kyusun!"

"Fany, please... I already have too much on my mind... with Sunny gone-"

"Exactly. Don't you think Kyusun is exactly like Sunny? You are trying to replace her with him until she comes back. You miss her like crazy. I do too. But seriously, think about it. He's cute, funny, smart, talented, looks great in hats, has the same blonde haircut, same facial structures, he's always comforting you-"

"How did you know that last part?"

"You guys aren't exactly quiet. You guys are so sweet I felt like I was going to throw up. You like him."

"W-why would I like him?! If he reminded me of Sunny, why would I feel romantic feelings for him?"

"Well there are some things I just don't know... actually, why do you think your fans thought you were lesbian?"

"FANY-YA!"

"MIANHE! A-hem... nevermind then. I don't know, but what I do know is that you are totally jealous."

"So what if I'm jealous... it doesn't mean that I like him..."

"Ok then, tell me truthfully... how did you feel when you found out about your scandal with him? Huh?"

"I felt nervous. Uncomfortable. Strange-"

"Hm, sounds like love to me."

"It's not love!" 

"Whatever you say."

"Argh... I'm going to sleep... you can keep your theories to yourself. Goodnight... I'm NOT in love." With that, Taeyeon left Jessica's room. Taeyeon-a, why are you like this? You need to sit down and think a bit... so oblivious. Tiffany turned to Jessica. "Even though I may not be happy... I hope are happy with him... I just wish we could be as close as before." Tiffany got up, pecked Jessica's forehead, and left the room. Jessica's eyes flashed open. Otoke... I didn't know she felt that way... and Taeyeon... how could I-no. I have to think about myself here. I like Kyusun. I know that. We click... and the scandal... how couldn't she tell me? BEFORE I started liking Kyusun? No-Taeyeon was too late. I can't just drop Kyusun...


Taeyeon sat in her room, scribbling in her sketchbook. She couldn't get the boy out of her head. Kyusun... It's not love. I know that... I just don't want to lose another friend just like her... Sunny is special to me... she's always there for me, she's loving and kind to me no matter what, and she always comforts me when I'm sad. He does the same. I can't lose someone like that. And I can't lose hope on Sunny... if I have to-I'll search for her myself. Taeyeon looked at what she was drawing. I-I'm just drawing him... just venting through my art...


Sunny finally reached her dorm. When she entered, she couldn't even answer the greeting from Sungmin. She just went to her room and slammed the door. "Yah, what's wrong with him?" Leeteuk asked. Sungmin could tell. He felt close to Kyusun (Sunny) from the start. They grew over their time at home. He and Sunny were roommates and they talked a lot at night. Sunny would never stop talking about Taeyeon.

Flashback

"Hey, hyung."

"Yeah Kyu?"

"What do you think of Taeyeon?"

"She's the only girl shorter than you."

"Hey..."

"Just kidding. She's great. Talented, pretty, and charismatic. Why?"

"I agree! She's so talented... and pretty... I can't help but stare sometimes..."

"What was that?"

"N-nothing..."

"It sounds like you have a crush..."

"Eh, but what's the point... she's one of the most desirable idols in the kpop industry... she's had what, 13 confessions so far?"

"Maybe more... but who knows? Maybe she likes guys like you..."

"Why would she? I'm short and quirky... she'd more likely fall for a guy like Leeteuk hyung... he's tall, confident, and a leader-just like her..."

"No, no. Girls are interesting, huh? I'm sure that with enough time, she'll fall for you."

"Thanks hyung... but I don't think she would... she's too good for me."

"Don't get yourself down... there's always hope."

"I guess that's all I have..."

End of Flashback

"He's probably just tired," Sungmin lied. 

"Hmm, maybe. I'm heading for bed. See you tomorrow," Leeteuk left for bed. I feel so bad for Kyusun... I hope he can get over her soon.


The next couple days were very ordinary for the two kids. Sunny constantly texted Jessica with their corny jokes and Taeyeon facecamed Leeteuk and continued sketching in her book. They even went on a couple outings and became closer to each other. They were slowly moving on... or so they thought. On Sunday night, the two chatted with their respective friends.

"Hey Tiffany."

"Hey Sungmin hyung."

"I think I'm in love"

"With Leeteuk."

"With Jessica."


Don't kill me for this chapter! Anyway, thank you for all the new subscribers and commenters! You guys are amazing. I hope you are enjoying my story and are anticipating the ending! If you could, please leave a comment! It excites me every time I get to hear from my readers. It's great to get to talk with other people with similar interests to mine! Also, I hope you enjoy my drawing of Kyusun and Taeyeon! Even though I messed up Taeyeon a bit... but hey, I was rushing to get this out so close enough! xD Until next time! :3