Chapter 8

And I Will Try To Fix You

 

 

 

 

 

Everything was dark and quiet. No sound except a low buzzing from the refrigerator was heard.

Yoona was all tucked in at the couch, trying to get some sleep. She'd woken up an hour ago, having had a dream. She used to wake up in the middle of the night but she was always, or most of the times, able to go back to sleep.

Not tonight though.

She had no idea why, but tonight she couldn't sleep. She couldn't find a comfortable position and she couldn't stop thinking. The thoughts were circling round in her head and most of those thoughts included Taecyeon.

Yoona couldn't help but imagine him sleeping. He was just a few meters away, in his room.

Changing her position, and laying on her side, Yoona spotted a picture on the coffee table. It was dark but her eyes had gotten used to it so she could see who were on the picture. It was Taecyeon and she.

It felt so strange. It was the first picture she was one as an adult and together with another person, smiling. They sat on a bench down the pier, close to the place where they'd first met. Taecyeon wasn't holding her hand or anything but he was leaning his head close to hers in a way that no one never had done before.

Taecyeon was a lot of firsts for Yoona, in a good way. She hadn't yet experienced anything bad around him.

Yet she did not regret having met him. And strangely enough she didn't even worry as much anymore about how she affected him. He said that he wanted her to be his friend, so why not trust that he knew what he wanted? Yet she hadn't hurt him. Not that Yoona was aware of anyway.

Realizing that she wouldn't be able to sleep at the moment she got up and decided to have a glass of water.

As she drank some she saw Taecyeon's shirt hanging over a chair. He wasn't a very neat person but then again, she wasn't either. That shirt for sure didn't bother her at all but not having anything else to do, she quietly walked over to Taecyeon's bedroom with the shirt in her hand.

His door was closed and she couldn't hear any sound through it. Taecyeon didn't snore. She smiled and carefully opened the door, peeking in.

It was darker in there, so dark that she couldn't see anything. She thought about lighting the lamp but realized that she didn't want Taecyeon to wake up and find her in his room. How creepy would that be?

So she carefully walked over to the place where she knew he had an armchair with lots of clothes in. Maybe not careful enough though because she tripped over something and fell flat on the floor.

"Ow." Yoona sat up and rubbed her arm. She threw what must be a towel away angrily as it was the towel she'd tripped on.

She then heard a muffled groan from the bed and put both hands over . She was such a moron.

Not daring to move from where she sat on the floor Yoona was relieved when she didn't hear anything else. Maybe he was a deep sleeper.

But suddenly the light . "Yoona?"

Taecyeon's voice was sleepy and a little slurry but that was to be expected since he'd been asleep just seconds ago. He sat straight up and Yoona rose from the floor, seeing the towel lying next to him.

"Sorry." she started with a shaky voice. "I just thought you'd want your shirt." Pointing to the shirt on his armchair she hoped that she wouldn't need to explain things further.

Looking at her, standing in a pair of sweatpants and a too big tshirt with her dark hair on one side of her shoulders, Taecyeon smiled. "I see. Is that the reason of why you threw a towel on my face?"

"No!" Yoona quickly replied. "I didn't mean to, I just tripped on it and didn't think. I'm sorry."

"It's okay." Taecyeon told her, not looking the tiniest bit angry. He patted on the spot next to him, gesturing for her to sit down. "Why were you up anyway? You didn't get up to give me my shirt, did you?"

Yoona shook her head from where she sat next to him on his bed, focusing hard on not sitting too close to him but not too far away either. "I couldn't sleep, that's all." she mumbled while looking down in her lap.

"Oh." Taecyeon tried to see her face. "Is everything alright?"

Yoona nodded and met his gaze, giving him a weak look. "I'm fine."

"Good."

They both went quiet while remaining sitting next to each other on his bed.

"I should go and let you get back to sleep." Yoona said after a few moments of silence, feeling quite embarrassed.

Taecyeon seemed to agree because he told her goodnight with a small smile on his lips.

"Night."

Yoona went back to the couch and crept under the sheet and the amazingly comfortable bedcover. It had a different smell than her own sheets and sometimes Yoona would pull the bedclothes tighter around her and imagine that maybe Taecyeon had been sleeping in the same ones. She'd fall asleep feeling warm and secure, almost as if she had Taecyeon's arms around her.

This night was one of those.

 

tytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytyty

 

The next morning Taecyeon walked into the kitchen rubbing his eyes and still in his sleeping clothes, a tshirt and a pair of boxers. He hadn't slept very well during the night.

"Morning!" a joyful Yoona greeted him. She was fully dressed and was, as Taecyeon noticed, wearing some of her new clothes she'd bought together with Tiffany.

Flopping down onto a chair he yawned. "Morning, Yoong."

"Coffee?" she offered, holding up a cup of freshly made coffee, black and hot just as he wanted it.

"Thanks, this is just what I need." he said and accepted the cup, immediately taking a sip.

Yoona smiled and sat down in front of him, also with a cup of coffee in her hands. She was glad that everything was just as it always was, everything felt comfortable and good.

As they sipped their coffee Yoona suddenly was reminded of that night. They'd been sitting quietly together, drinking coffee.

She'd been so fragile, so depressed. But yet that had been one of the best days of her entire life. Because she'd met Taecyeon.

And he had saved her.

"What are you thinking about?" Taecyeon asked and drew her back to reality.

"That night." she said and looked down into her cup, just like she'd done then.

Taecyeon nodded and scratched his chin. "Oh, do you want to talk about it?"

Yoona looked up at him with glassy eyes. "I'd rather not but thanks."

"Sure." Taecyeon quickly said.

"I should go make bed. I don't want to be late." Yoona excused herself and got up, taking the coffee with her.

Taecyeon knew better than to stop her and force her to talk. He believed that she should come to him when she was ready.

After all, the only thing he wanted for her was to feel like he was there, whenever she needed him.

 

tytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytyty

 

Taecyeon stopped just in front of the building and turned to Yoona, who looked less and less nervous every time they did this. She smiled shyly and leant over to hug him.

Taecyeon wrapped his arms around her and held her close to him for several minutes. Then she pulled away, looking a little embarrassed.

"You'll be okay."

"Yeah." she tucked some hair behind her ear. "See you later." Yoona said and jumped out of the car turning around one last time to look at him.

He smiled reassuringly and waited until she was inside before he drove off.

Yoona walked straight up to her floor and almost immediately was able to walk inside her therapist's office. She had by now learned how it all worked.

The office was just like one of those you saw on movies. Dark furniture, neutral paintings and of course tissues next to the sofa. The whole atmosphere was actually not very homey or relaxing at all.

Her therapist though wasn't like one she'd imagined. Yoona had imagined this old man with grey hair but that was completely wrong. Her therapist was female and not much over thirty, Seohyun.

"Hello, Yoona." Seohyun said from where she sat in the armchair, a smile on her face as usual when Yoona entered.

"Hi."

"How are you today?"

"Pretty good."

As Yoona was situated on the sofa Seohyun started to talk again. "Good. I thought we'd continue on what we talked about last week."

"The other people thing?"

Seohyun nodded. "We talked about your relations to other people. And now I'd like to know about some specific people, the important people in your life."

"Um." Yoona started uncertainly.

"Tell me about your family. How are your relations with them?"

Yoona shrugged. "I don't have any contact with my parents."

"Tell me about your childhood."

Yoona thought for a few seconds; where would she start? "They divorced when I was little. I think it was because neither of them wanted to settle down, with a kid and everything. They were pretty young when they had me." She took a quick pause. "My dad was the one who left first though so mom was stuck with me."

Christie wrote something down. "Where did your father go?"

"I don't really know. My mom told me that he went to Europe."

"He never made any contact with you?"

"No." Yoona said with a strong voice.

Seohyun wrote a quick note again before asking the next question. "So, you lived together with your mother then?"

"Yeah, we lived in the old house. Sanghyun used to be there a lot though."

"Sanghyun?”

"My mom's...you know."

"New husband?"

"Yeah."

"Were you and your mother close?"

"Not really. We never talked, we just avoided each other as much as we could."

"She never took you shopping or read bedtime stories?"

Yoona sadly shook her head but trying to smile even though it hurt so much to remember. "Sometimes my grandma let me come to her house. We'd bake cookies and she taught me how to play the piano."

"That's nice."

"She died though. When I was nine."

Seohyun then changed the subject. "What about friends then. Did you have many friends?"

"I've never had a real friend. No one bothered to speak to me. Only Taecyeon has wanted to be my friend."

"Taecyeon. He's very important to you, isn't he?"

"Of course he is. He's the only person I've ever felt comfortable around. He's the reason of why I'm alive." Seohyun nodded. Yoona had told her everything about that night when her life changed. She'd heard a lot about Taecyeon.

"He's been helping you a lot."

Yoona made a small nod and noticed how her thoughts once again filled with Taecyeon. "He has. Sometimes I even feel guilty because he's doing so much for me, you know? And he's amazing. But what do I give him in return?"

"Friendship, Yoona. You of all people should know that friends are important. You're his friend."

"But he doesn't talk to me about things like I talk to him."

"You do things together."

"I'm afraid that I'm holding him back. He's letting me stay at his apartment and he's completely focused on me all the time."

"You should talk to him, Yoona. Tell him how you feel."

"I wouldn't know what to say."

"Try."

"I'll talk to him later."

"Good. You need to let him know,"

"Right."

 

tytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytyty

 

"How was your day?" Yoona asked Taecyeon over the phone later that night. Taecyeon had taken her home just after her therapy on her request.

"Good. I met Nickhun, so we talked some."

"Oh."

Taecyeon took a deep breath as to gather himself. He then quickly spoke. "There's this party this weekend by the way. It's at my parent's house. Do you want to come?"

"A party?"

"Yeah. I don't usually go but I haven't shown myself for ages and I'm actually starting to believe the things my mom always tell me about them thinking I'm dead."

Yoona laughed, partly because Taecyeon's nervousness and partly because of the people there. Taecyeon had told her all about the people in there place.

"Think about it." Taecyeon sweetly said.

"I will."

"So, you working tomorrow?"

"Yeah. You?"

"Yeah, me too. I'll call you though."

"Okay. I'll have an answer." Yoona promised but already knew what her answer would be.

"I think you'd like it and this would be a perfect opportunity to wear your new dress."

Yoona blushed, happy to speak over the phone since he couldn't see.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

later then guys, imma update again...adios amigos!