Chapter 5

And I Will Try To Fix You

 

 

 

 

Is the poster ok?! or should I change it?! aaaaaaaaaaah, I'm not really good at editing!bwahaha

 

 

Here's Chapter 5...

 

Enjoy!

 

 

tytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytyty

 

 

One month later…

"Yoona?" Taecyeon walked into her apartment as she hadn't answered the door that also had been unlocked. He was getting slightly worried as he walked through the mess in her living room, clothes lied everywhere and it all just looked very messy. Maybe she'd been kidnapped.

Taecyeon quickly searched the apartment, that wasn't very big. No Yoona.

"Yoong?" No answer.

Taecyeon saw the pot on the stove and immediately felt his heart beat faster. Everybody knew that you didn't leave it without turning the stove off and locking the front door. Even Yoona had to know that.

Sure, she lived in a house Taecyeon thought was dangerous for her. But she still had to be careful, she was very vulnerable as a single woman, maybe even more in this house. Every time Taecyeon came to pick her up or come to see her, the hallways and the stairs were crowded and the people didn't look very nice.

How could he let her stay here all by herself?

Yoona was brave and strong but never could she fight those big guys. God, he didn't even want her to have to fight. She deserved to live somewhere safe.

And this place was definitely not safe.

He opened the bathroom door, in hope that she might be in there. But all he saw was three cockroaches.

Taecyeon frowned and quickly closed the door.

"Yoona, where the hell are you?" he asked out to the empty apartment. She knew that he was coming, so where was she?

Maybe she really had been kidnapped.

Picking up his cell, Taecyeon dialled her number.

"Hi, it's Yoona. Please leave a message."

Taecyeon was the one who'd talked her into recording that. She'd just said that no one needed to leave any messages but after some time of very annoying complaints from Taecyeon, Yoona had finally given in.

As he heard the front door open and shut Taecyeon sighed out in relief. And as Yoona appeared, perfectly fine, he couldn't do anything else but hug her.

Yoona was a little taken off guard by his sudden embrace but she quickly hugged him back. By now, she had gotten used to these kinds of hugs and she needed them all the time.

"Are you alright?" Taecyeon asked and released her from his tight embrace. His worried gaze met hers and she could see that he was really scared.

She smiled. "Of course I am."

And she was okay, as in okay from being hurt. But still she was nowhere near okay inside. Taecyeon didn't have to know everything though; she hated to complain all the time. He'd just get tired of her if she didn't let him believe that she was okay.

And she needed him as her friend.

"I got worried when you weren't here." Taecyeon explained. "You shouldn't leave your door unlocked and not have the stove on when you're not at home."

"And here I thought that you worried about me." Yoona joked, laughing a little. She then went to turn the stove off. "Happy?"

Taecyeon nodded. "Where were you anyway?"

Yoona shrugged. "I really needed to go to the store."

"Oh?"

"Yeah. Let me just go to the bathroom and then we can leave."

"Okay."

 

tytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytyty

 

In the middle of their monopoly playing Taecyeon's phone rang. The two of them sat at the dining room table with the game between them.

"Aren't you going to answer that?" Yoona asked as Taecyeon didn't move.

He raised his hand. "I'm thinking."

She giggled, he was so into the game. As always Taecyeon didn't want to lose. Neither did Yoona but she didn't want Taecyeon to be sad so she always let him win, even if she could beat him.

"Maybe it's important." She said but he kept focusing on the game, counting his money.

So, Yoona got up and answered.

"Hello? Taecyeon?" a female voice said, sounding very confused.

Yoona kind of regretted the fact that she'd answered. "Oh, hi. I'm Yoona."

She didn't really have time to say anything else before the female started to talk. "I must have dialed the wrong number. Sorry if I disturbed."

"No, no." Yoona quickly said. "This is Taecyeon's phone. He's just not here at the moment." Yoona explained.

The female seemed to understand. "Oh. Maybe you can tell him to call his mother when you speak to him?"

"Sure. So, you're Ok Hana?"

"Yeah. And you're Yoona?"

"I'm a friend of Taecyeon's. Nice to talk to you."

"You too."

"I'll tell him to call you back as soon as possible."

"Thank you, Yoona."

Yoona went back to the dining room and placed the phone next to Taecyeon. He didn't seem to notice though.

"Aren't you going to ask who it was?"

Taecyeon looked up, for the first time tearing his eyes away from the game. "Sorry. Who was it?"

"It was your mother, Taecyeon. And she wants you to call her back."

He nodded. "Okay. Thanks for answering by the way. I think I've decided what to do. I'm saving my money." He said and gave her the dices.

"Good. But go call your mother. Maybe it's important."

"No, it's not. She calls all the time." Taecyeon said casually and was expecting her to forget about it but Yoona kept looking at him. "Okay, I'll call her then."

"Good. You really should."

Hana seemed like a very nice mother and the fact that she called him all the time just showed her love for Taecyeon. He shouldn't complain about how she was calling too often. He should be grateful for what he had.

"Hi mom!" Taecyeon remained in front of Yoona. She'd expected him to have the conversation in the living room, she didn't want to be in the way. But maybe Taecyeon didn't mind.

"Yeah, that was just Yoona, my friend…Yes, she is…I am capable to have friends, mom…Yeah, I'm up for tomorrow…Yes…Love you, too….Bye."

Taecyeon made a funny face as he put the phone down. "She's so weird."

Yoona was kind of interested about the conversation. "She didn't sound weird. She sounded nice."

"Yeah. Anyways, she just called to remind me about tomorrow."

"What's happening tomorrow?" Yoona asked, but then got a little unsure. Maybe it wasn't any of her business.

"We're having this family dinner."

"Oh."

Taecyeon met her gaze. "Do you want to come?"

Yoona nervously looked down. "It's a family dinner, Taec."

"But they won't care. I'm sure they'll be happy. My mom always says 'the more, the merrier'."

"Taecyeon, I don't even know them."

"That's because you haven't met them. Just come. I promise that I'll take good care of you."

"Taecyeon."

"Please. I really want you to meet them. And them to meet you." Taecyeon pleaded.

"But…"

"No buts."

"Fine."

"Good. It's gonna be fun."

Yoona wasn't as convinced.

 

tytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytyty

 

"Taecyeon, I'm not so sure about this. Maybe I shouldn't come." Yoona anxiously said as they were on their way to Taecyeon's parents.

She had been nervous the whole morning and Taecyeon practically had to drag her out of her apartment.

"Yoona, I promise you that it'll be fine."

"Have you told them that I'm coming? Maybe they had planned something and don't want me to come."

"Yoong, they'll be fine. They'll gonna love you." Taecyeon reassured her.

"Stop saying that."

"Please don't worry."

"I'm just so nervous." Yoona almost cried.

"Don't be." Taecyeon placed a hand on her shoulder. "It'll be fine."

Yoona closed her eyes and leaned back in her seat. This was not fun. How had she said yes to this?

"We're here." Taecyeon said after a few minutes of silence.

"What?" Yoona yelled and sat straight up. "Already?" she asked with a lot weaker voice.

Taecyeon nodded. "Yes. This is the place."

"Wow. It's like a huge. I don't even know." Yoona said in awe as she saw the house, for a moment forgetting about her anxiousness. "Your parents must be really rich."

"Yep." Taecyeon just said and jumped out of the car. Yoona remained in her seat though. "Aren't you coming?" Taecyeon asked as he opened her door.

"Taecyeon." Yoona said, her voice weak like she was about to cry.

"It'll be okay, Yoong. I promise." He said and gave her a hug. She hugged him back, burying her head in his neck.

"Okay." she finally said, gathering herself. God, she was being such a baby. Why was this so difficult for her? "Promise me that you won't leave me alone with them."

Taecyeon nodded reassuringly. "I promise. I'll be by your side the whole time. Heck, I even sit next to you at the table."

"You must think that I'm such a baby." Yoona started and felt like this wasn't a place for her.

"Hey." Taecyeon forced her to look at him. "I know that this is hard for you, Yoong. But I want you to do this, meet them. You'll see that they're nice and they're gonna like you. Nothing's gonna happen."

She nodded and took his hand. "Don't let go."

"I won't." Taecyeon then helped her out of the car and they walked together up to the door. "Ready?"

Yoona nodded and squeezed his hand. "As ready as I'll ever be."

"Hello!" Taecyeon called as they walked inside of the huge house. Yoona almost froze from the sight. She'd never seen anything like this before, it was so beautiful.

"Taecyeon!" An auburn haired woman, probably his mother, came out from nowhere and immediately hugged her son. Yoona could see that they hadn't met for a while because the hug lasted for a pretty long time.

Taecyeon was the one to pull away first. "Hi, mom."

Hana then noticed Yoona and gave her a welcoming smile. "Hi!"

"Mom, this is my friend Yoona. Yoona this is my mom."

Yoona managed to utter a 'hi' and smiled uncomfortably.

"We talked over the phone." Hana smiled. "It's nice to meet you, Yoona."

"You too. I hope its okay…" Yoona started but was almost immediately interrupted by Hana who seemed to know what Yoona was trying to say.

"Of course. It's so nice that Taecyeon brought a friend."

"I told you." Taecyeon mouthed, only for Yoona to see. He then placed an arm around her waist and led her into the kitchen area.

The kitchen was just as nice, very homey and big. She couldn't even imagine how it would be like to live in a house like this. Everything was just so fancy and huge.

Three new people stood by the counter, one older who she figured was Taecyeon's dad. He looked nice although Yoona couldn't help but notice his eyebrows. They were a one of a kind. It made him look a little scary.

Yoona mentally kicked herself. You did not think badly about new people, especially not Taecyeon's dad.

Next to the man where two younger people, Nickhun and his girlfriend. They looked good together, like one of those perfect couples.

"Hi, everybody!" Taecyeon said and waved. "I want you to meet Yoona."

Yoona suddenly felt very uncomfortable, like they were all watching her. She hated that, she felt so out of place. "Hi." she said. "It's nice to meet you."

Yoona was terrified, but polite. That was just one thing that she always wanted to be, she did not want to be rude.

"Hello, Yoona." Taecyeon's father extended his hand, which Yoona accepted. "I'm Jinyoung, Taecyeon's father."

"And, Yoong. This is Nickhun and Tiffany." Taecyeon introduced them. Tiffany immediately said ‘hello’, smiling brightly.

She was beautiful. Tall, slim and with a pretty face. You could really see that she was rich, she looked like a movie star in Yoona's eyes.

"Nice to meet you. Taecyeon's been talking a lot about you." Nickhun said and shook her hand. Yoona worriedly looked over at Taecyeon.

"Oh, don't worry. I only told him what a great friend you are." Taecyeon quickly said and went to hug his family.

She smiled, he was adorable.

 

tytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytyty

 

The visit had gone pretty well. At least this far.

Yoona had talked some with them all, mostly Hana and Tiffany. They were both so nice, almost too nice for Yoona to handle. She felt a little awkward around them but they didn't seem to think so.

Taecyeon had kept his promise and didn't leave her side, except when she told him it was okay. Yoona wondered if his family noticed how instable she was.

She tried her best to hide it all, she always did. She smiled a lot and tried to talk, be interesting. But somehow, she always felt like she couldn't hide it, like the rest of the world always knew.

"So, Yoona, how did you meet Taecyeon?" Hana asked after dinner when the three girls sat in the sofa while the boys were somewhere in the backyard. Yoona had let Taecyeon go spend some time with his brother and father. She didn't want him to feel like he had to be by her side the whole time, even if she would want him to.

"You didn't meet in a comic store, right?" Tiffany asked and laughed.

Yoona nervously spoke. "No, we met at the pier actually."

"The pier?" Both Tiffany and Hana seemed very interested.

So, Yoona had to explain. "Yeah. He asked me what time it was and then we went for coffee."

She couldn't tell them the whole truth. That had to stay between her and Taecyeon. She didn't want them to know.

"That's so romantic." Tiffany exclaimed and leaned back into the cushions.

Yoona quickly spoke, maybe sounding a little harsh. "Taecyeon and I are just friends."

"Oh, I just thought that…" Tiffany started, obviously embarrassed. "Sorry."

Hana had probably believed the same because she stayed quiet.

Awkward silence.

"So, I thought I'd go shopping tomorrow. Do you want to come?" Tiffany said, breaking the ice.

Hana nodded. "Sure. I could really use something new."

"Yoona?" Tiffany asked.

"Um." she started. She couldn't go. She didn't have any money to go shop with these two, they probably went to all the expensive places. "I don't know."

She then quickly stood up. "Will you excuse me?"

 

 

 

 

 

tytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytyty