Chapter 21

And I Will Try To Fix You

 

 

 

 

 

Trauma!

 

Thank God. I love you so much Lord!=*

 

 

 

 

 

 

tytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytyty

 

 

 

Taecyeon woke up with the feeling of something being different, like during the night, something big had changed. He was still in the clothes he wore the day before and felt a shard pain in his arm. Something heavy was lying on it while his other, the broken one, was carefully wrapped around someone's waist. Yoona's.

A flash of memories from the previous night returned to Taecyeon, causing him to pull the female even closer. She was still asleep, breathing softly onto his neck and having her arms around his torso. He wished that she'd always be like this, staying calm and peaceful. Fear rushed through his body as he remembered what she'd said.

"Maybe you weren't supposed to stop me that night. It would have been better for both of us if I'd ended it."

After what had happened there was no way that he'd ever let her go, they were just too close, too attached. Taecyeon didn't really believe in God or any other of that religious things but right now, it seemed like that talk he'd always heard about the purpose in life was making sense. Because now, he felt that there was nothing else that was as important. He would make Yoona okay, despite what she said. And deep down he knew that she wanted his help, no one wanted to disappear from life for real. He was certain of this, because he'd seen how Yoona was when she was happy. She could smile and laugh and he knew that she did enjoy having friends again. Something inside, maybe very hidden, would always want to live. Taecyeon would bring that to Yoona's eyes and make her see how she did not want to miss out of life.

The fact that she was so devastated and sad inside always made his heart break into thousands of pieces, but to have her close and okay was enough to hold it together.

Yoona began to stir inside of his embrace, softly rubbing her face into his shirt. Taecyeon kissed her temple and waited for her to orderly wake up. She made a weird sound, a mixture of a yawn and a moan and kept her head pushed against his chest. He could feel that her eyes were open and could pretty much guess that she was waiting for him to start saying something, because she wouldn't.

"Morning." he spoke, his voice raspy from the sleep. He cleared his throat and noticed how sore it was, possibly from the crying. Taecyeon wondered how she was feeling, maybe the same. Or worse.

Her soft voice was heard, almost in a whisper, "Hi."

They stayed like that, arms wrapped around each other, for a long time. Several minutes went by and for a moment, Taecyeon thought that he'd actually fall asleep again. But at that moment Yoona moved his arms away, careful with his injured one, and sat up. "How's your arm?"

"Oh." Taecyeon said a little startled. "It's fine." That was sort of a lie, it did hurt, probably because of his sleeping position. But that wasn't important now. "How are you?" he carefully asked while shyly meeting her gaze.

Yoona nervously shifted on the bed. "Oh, you know…better."

"Good." He sat up next to her and brought her hand into his. "I'm glad." She gave him a small smile before looking down, afraid to let him see her eyes that were starting to tear up. "You want to do something today? We could go to this new exhibition and maybe dress up and go for dinner later?"

Yoona kept her head bowed. "Sure."

He knew that they had to talk, they could not continue things like before or act like nothing had happened. Therefore Taecyeon decided to do it now, there was no point in waiting. "Yoona." he decisively said and squeezed her hand. She looked up, with this uncertain and insecure look she sometimes had. "I love you. You know that, right?"

"I know." she said and tucked some hair behind her ear. He could tell that she was uncomfortable.

Taecyeon continued. "And you know that if you love someone, you want what's best for them? You want them to be happy." She nodded and lowered her gaze to the bed sheets. "I want all that for you. And nothing else matters to me, other than your happiness. Okay?" He so desperately wanted her to understand, that he'd do anything for her. She had to know how amazing and loved she was. "I love you so much, Yoona."

Yoona wrapped her small arms around his neck, burying her head under his chin while he drew small patterns on her back. She knew that she'd never really get used to hear those words, they meant more than she'd ever be able to explain. Everything about Taecyeon was like nothing she'd ever had before. He was the kindest and most caring person she knew and he was more than she'd ever thought existed. How could he care so much about her? She'd never understand.

Having his arms around her made her feel so safe and a hundred times better. It made everything else disappear; it made her world in colour again. "You're so amazing Taec." She pulled away and gave him a soft kiss. "I'm sorry about everything."

"I don't want you to be sorry."

"But I am. Your kitchen…"

Taecyeon placed a finger on her lips, as to silence her. "Will be redecorated. And you can help me, if you want." Taecyeon smiled and showed her that he wasn't sad at all about the kitchen, truthfully he wasn't. And now he had a project together with Yoona, something they could do together. "You must be hungry." Taecyeon stood up, expecting her to join him. "Maybe we can go out for breakfast."

She shifted on the bed, pulling one of her legs under the other. "Could we just stay here?" Yoona gestured to the bed. "I don't feel like going out today. Not now anyway. Is that okay?"

"Of course. We'll stay here." Taecyeon smiled brightly, glad that she'd told him what she wanted to do and not just let him decide.

 

tytytytytytytytytyty

 

Yoona couldn't help but smile as she peeked into the living room where Taecyeon seemed to be preparing a tray of food for them. He carefully placed everything on the tray, thoroughly choosing the items. As he was done a problem seemed to have appeared, he scratched his cheek and glanced down at the tray.

"Need any help with that food?" Yoona asked and walked out from the bedroom, a small smile lying on her lips.

He shrugged, revealing a grin. "This arm causes more problems than I thought."

"I better help you then. You keep that arm safe." Yoona said, picking up the tray. She led the way to the bedroom where she put it down on the bed. They both sat down on each side and fell into silence.

Their eyes locked and for a moment Yoona felt really bad. Gazing into those eyes made her realize again just how amazing he was. Any girl who got him would be the luckiest in the entire world. And somewhere there had to be someone that was just the same for him. That someone he would feel good when being together with and someone who could let him complain about his own problems once in a while. Taecyeon should be with a person who deserved him and who made him happy.

Yoona needed him to understand, she needed to make him get that what she wanted wasn't what she could have. But it was hard; harder than anything else. She was determined though, to have this out and to explain.

Biting her lip, she spoke. "Taec?"

"Yeah."

"I need to talk to you." She had never been this nervous and certain at the same time before. "About yesterday." Taecyeon had not expected Yoona to be the one to talk, without him pushing her to. Therefore he didn't say anything, he wanted to make sure not to interrupt her. "I want you to know that I'm forever grateful for the things you've done for me and how sweet you are to me. And, about that night…" She stopped right there, closing her eyes and trying to gather herself enough to continue. "I told you that I wished that you hadn't come. And that's not true. I'm so glad that I've met you."

A tear rolled down her pale cheek, causing her to embarrassingly laugh and wipe it away. "I just guess that sometimes, I feel like I've put you through so many bad things and I only hurt you. Like I can't give you anything but problems. That's when I wish that we hadn't met. For you." Her last words came out in a whisper and she desperately tried not to cry, wanting to say so much more.

"Yoona…"

"Please don't say anything. Not yet." Yoona swallowed. "I can't go on like this, constantly feeling like this. I need to do something about it."

Taecyeon uncomfortably shifted on the bed, fearing what was to come out of this conversation. "What are you saying?"

"I'm saying that I need to see my father."

"Oh." Taecyeon said, a little surprised. "That's…good."

"I really don't want to, but I need to try." she quickly added in an attempt to make him realize that this wasn't going to be easy.

"And?" Taecyeon asked, noticing that she was holding something back. Truthfully he was even more nervous now, after she'd dropped the first bomb. Something in her eyes made him expect worse things to come.

Yoona fumbled with her hands, hating this moment before she spoke. She just wanted it over with. Taking a deep breath and straightening up, she finally started to talk again. "Well, I don't expect you to be with me. I'd rather do it on my own. And let you do all the things you've missed because of me." She uncertainly looked at him, hoping that he had heard what she said despite the quick speed of her words. "I can find a new place."

"No." he simply said.

She questionably searched his face. "No?"

"That's right. I told you that I'd be by your side, that I'd help you through this. And I will."

Yoona had never seen someone as determined as Taecyeon seemed to be, he was talking like it was the most obvious thing in the world and like he had all the power to definite the decision. This didn't really come as a surprise for Yoona, she knew that he wouldn't let her go easily. Secretly, she was hoping for his reaction to be like this. She wanted him to be upset, and to force her not to exclude him from everything. But still, she needed to be sure. She needed to give him a chance to let her go in case that was what he wanted. Therefore she tried not to show any sigh of happiness. "I know you want to, Taec, but really, I think I need to do this myself."

He seemed very stubborn though, calmly taking her hand in his while staring into her eyes. "Then you can. I won't force you to do anything else. But do not shut me out of your life. Stay here with me. We'll solve this together."

Talking someone this understanding and adorable out of this was not easy. In a last attempt she whispered. "I just want to give you a chance to get out of this."

Sincerely staring into her eyes Taecyeon said. "I don't want you out, Yoong. What do I need to do to prove that to you?"

"Really?"

"Yes. You're what's important to me."

Yoona smiled, small tears forming in her eyes. "Hug me?"

Taecyeon immediately wrapped her in a hug lasting for several minutes, slightly rocking her. "Anything for you."

 

 

 

 

 

 

tytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytyty

 

 

 

KEEP THE FAITH!