Chapter 4

And I Will Try To Fix You

 

 

 

It's now 2AM here, and I'm still wide awake, can't sleep!=/

 

I got to talk to my older brother about something negative, and thanks to him, his words enlighten me. And because of that, I'm in the mood to post another chapter...

 

So here's Chapter 4 guys, Enjoy!

 

 

tytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytyty

 

Yoona was desperately trying to fix her hair. Why couldn't she have straight hair? Everything would be so much easier. With naturally wavy hair, it just never looked good. Not in Yoona's eyes anyway.

She was going to dinner with Taecyeon. He'd told her that he wanted to see how she lived but she'd said no to dinner at her place, she never cooked anything good. And Yoona didn't want anyone in her apartment for long, if even at all.

But as Taecyeon had insisted to see her home, she'd said yes. So he would come pick her up any minute.

It was only three days ago they'd met so they still didn't really know each other. But for having known a person for only three days, Yoona thought that Taecyeon knew her pretty well. At least better than anyone else did, which wasn't a lot.

A knock on her door made Yoona abruptly drop her brush. Was he already there?

"Hi." she politely said as she opened the door. Taecyeon stood there with a bouquet in his hands.

"This is for you." He gave her the flowers and stepped into her apartment.

Yoona smiled. "Thanks. But you didn't have to."

"I just thought they were nice. And you said that you liked flowers." Taecyeon could remember how she'd told him that she loved flowers and wanted a big garden with all kinds some day.

"I do." Yoona quickly said, afraid that she was being ungrateful of his gesture. "Thank you."

"You're welcome." Taecyeon walked past her, looking around. He wasn't nervous at all, there was something about him that always was calm and relaxed.

And most of the times, Yoona felt relaxed around him, at least after a while. In the beginning she was always as nervous. But maybe that was to be expected. Yoona wasn't really used to having people around.

"So this is your place?" Taecyeon stated.

"Yeah." Yoona said in a low voice, slightly embarrassed. "It's nothing like yours but…" her voice died out, she had no idea what to say. This was her place.

It was small and ugly and for a person like Taecyeon it had to look like much worse. He was used to big spaces, nice furniture and just a lot higher status.

Taecyeon hesitated but decided to talk. "Who were all those people in the hallway?"

Yoona shrugged. "Just people."

"Like criminals, homeless people?" Yoona nodded and uncomfortably looked down. She hated to be revised.

"Is this you?" Taecyeon asked as he picked up a photo. It was a four year old Yoona together with her parents.

Yoona nodded. "Yeah, that's me." She then took the picture from Taecyeon's hands and placed it under a pillow in the sofa.

He seemed to understand that she wanted that private. "Those people out there, do they stay here all the time?"

"Taecyeon, please. This is just the way I live. I'm a waitress." Yoona said and looked pleadingly at him. "Can we just go?"

Taecyeon nodded. "Of course."

The last thing he wanted to do was to upset her.

 

tytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytyty

 

"Can I ask you something, Taecyeon?" Yoona asked as they'd started to eat. Taecyeon nodded but kept eating his steak. "I just wonder why you are being so nice to me? I mean, the first time I get because…yeah."

Taecyeon thought about it, kind of glad that she had the courage to ask. "Yoona, I really enjoy spending time with you. I could use a friend as much as you."

"You really want to be friends?" Yoona was very uncertain, like she was afraid to ask.

"Doesn't sound so surprised." Taecyeon said with a laugh. "You should give yourself some more credit, Yoona."

Yoona nodded. "I'm just not used to it, you know? I've never had a friend, I mean a real one." She confessed, hoping that she wasn't revealing too much.

"Then it's about time, don't you think?" Yoona didn't answer but began to eat again. "I think that you're nice by the way."

She gave him a confused look.

"You said to me that you weren't very nice the first time we met. And I've decided that I do think you're nice."

She looked up and forgot about the food on her fork. "No one said that to me before."

"There are lots of things that you have never heard but you should have." Taecyeon just said.

To that, there was just nothing she could say. Of course she knew that it wasn't true but Taecyeon made it sound like it, as so many other things he made her think about.

Changing the subject as fast as possible, not wanting to talk about herself anymore, Yoona smiled. "Tell me about your family, about how you grew up."

There was just something she liked about other people, knowing about their lives and families. She liked to hear how perfect their lives were.

"Well, I grew up in Incheon. My mom's a typical mom, though she can't cook. She's auburn hair, slim and beautiful. She has a dating service although she used to work for my grandfather, who owned a big company. He died though, so."

"I'm sorry." Yoona said out of sympathy. She then gave Taecyeon an encouraging look, enjoying hearing about this.

"And my dad's a lawyer. Think he's funny although he's not." Taecyeon explained with enthusiasm. "But he's great and so is my mom."

By that he was only met by a smile, a smile he couldn't read but somehow he thought that it was a sad smile. But he continued.

"Then there's Nickhun. My brother, or he's actually adopted. He came to us when I was sixteen and he's the same age. He's my best friend."

"Where is he now?" Yoona wondered.

"He lives just near with his girlfriend Tiffany."

"Your family sounds really nice, Taecyeon."

"Well, they are. We're very close, partly because at a time they were my only friends."

Yoona looked confused again so Taecyeon explained.

"I wasn't really what you would call popular in school. I didn't have any friends so I was at home a lot, with the parents or later on, Nickhun."

Yoona nodded, understanding."Oh. I wasn't very popular either."

"No? Then you know what it's like."

"Yeah."

"Do you have any siblings?"

"No, I'm the only child. It's just I and my parents. My parents divorced when I was young though so I didn't really have any contact with my father."

"You lived with your mother?" Taecyeon carefully asked.

"Yeah." she shortly said and looked away. There was no way that she even wanted to think about her mother, it just made her upset.

"Will you excuse me? I have to use the bathroom." Yoona rose and quickly walked to the rest rooms.

 

tytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytyty

 

It was just like every night. Yoona sat in her room with a plate in front of her. Two sandwiches and a glass of water, her usual dinner.

She tried to ignore the sound coming from downstairs, the sound of music and laughter. She had the music on too, on her mom's old stereo.

This was a daily routine. She came home from school and watched some tv before her mom got home. Then she quickly made her dinner and got upstairs before her stepfather arrived. At that time she did not want to be downstairs, not even at home. But where else was she supposed to go?

So now she was trying to do her homework and eat her cheese sandwiches as the music from downstairs kept getting louder. She was so tired of it all. So tired.

Sometimes she just wanted to stop, stop with everything. But something made her live through it. Maybe it was the wishes of that one day to find a better family, a family who would pay attention to her. A mom who'd ask her how her day was and make her dinner and a dad who actually would be there. Not somewhere in Korea.

She lowered her head down to her books, crying the day's first tears but not the last. She knew that she cried in the evenings. It was just what she did. While other fifteen year olds watched tv, she spent her nights crying and holding a pillow over her head.

Sometimes she went for a walk, to clear her head and just get away. She always liked the cold wind against her skin and if she got sick didn't matter at all. Who cared if she missed school for a couple of days? It wasn't like her mom would force her to go and her school mates wouldn't even notice that she wasn't there.

School was just not fun. But what was? Nothing.

The only thing that Yoona actually enjoyed was to dream, dream away. To Seoul where she wouldn't need her mother and where nobody knew her. No one would know a single thing about her. She could start over and create her own life.

Just leave this behind.

Sometimes she had nightmares and woke up in the middle of the night, crying. She so desperately needed someone to be there and hug her, tell her that it all was a dream, just a dream.

But it wasn't a dream. Her life was a nightmare she'd never wake up from.

 

tytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytyty

 

Tears were streaming down her face. As usual.

Nights were just horrible, it all came out.

This night was no different, even if it had been a rather good day. She had felt better these last couple of days. But at nights nothing could stop her from feeling her worst.

Tears were a thing that Yoona was very used to, it was strange how she even could cry any more. She'd cried so much during the last couple of years, or generally in life, that you could think that somehow the tears would go away and maybe be replaced my something else.

But the tears kept coming, every day. Some days more than others but every day she cried, for some reason.

If only something could rise her up from this.

 

tytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytyty

 

She woke up by the sound of the phone. That was a first.

Realizing that she still was in her clothes from yesterday and probably had the makeup smeared all over her face, she was just glad that it wasn't the doorbell. The phone was much safer.

"Hello?" she said into the phone. It had only been used for emergencies, like calling in sick to work or if she at sometime needed to call the ploice. Otherwise Yoona never used it.

She wasn't surprised who was calling though. "Hi, Yoona!" Taecyeon's voice put a smile on her face. It felt nice that somebody actually called for her.

"Taecyeon, hi!"

He cleared his throat. "What are you doing?"

"Um, nothing. I just woke up actually."

"Oh. Would you like to meet and do something today?" he casually asked.

"Like what?"

"I don't know. Just something."

Yoona smiled, she really felt like meeting him. Strange, but it felt good. "I'd love to."

Taecyeon had probably heard her enthusiasm because as he replied he was much happier. "I'll come pick you up in an hour then."

 

 

 

 

 

tytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytyty

 

flashbacks guys...hope it helps!

 

don't get confused of the storyline!ahehehe

 

 

 

comments guys, love yah all!=*