Chapter 7

And I Will Try To Fix You

 

 

 

 

"What is it that you don't like about apples?" Yoona asked as they walked out of the grocery store, each with two bags.

Taecyeon shrugged. "It's just that when I was little I found a worm in one. And after that I just can't eat them."

Yoona laughed. "That's so grouse."

"I know."

"Then I can understand why you never buy apples." Yoona said. They had had a small argument, not anything serious, in the store about apples and oranges. It had ended with them buying both.

"So, you have to eat all the apples we bought." Taecyeon told her, his voice cracking.

"I'll just make an apple pie." Yoona replied ingeniously and continued to walk towards the car. "Do you eat that?"

Taecyeon tried to look unmoved. "Sometimes. But you have to inspect the apples very carefully."

"I will." Yoona said and grinned.

"Look, Tiffany's over there." Taecyeon made a gesture, as good as he could with two bags, over to a girl locking her car.

Yoona nodded. "Yeah."

The red haired had obviously seen the two of them because she quickly made her way to their car. "Hi!"

"Hi, Tiff." Taecyeon said and placed the groceries in the car. He then took Yoona's two from her so that she could greet Tiffany.

"Hi, Tiffany." she said and smiled at the girl.

Tiffany smiled as well, happy to see her brother in law with his friend. Yoona always thought how weird it was that Tiffany always smiled. Was she like the happiest person on earth or what?

"It's good to see you two again. I see you've been grocery shopping." A natural conversationalist too.

"Yeah, we were out of food." Taecyeon explained and closed the trunk.

"As usual." Yoona added, making Tiffany laugh. She had a cute laughter.

"I was just on my way in."

"Alone?" Taecyeon asked and looked weirdly at Yoona.

Tiffany nodded. "Yeah. I didn't feel like hanging out with my mom so I told her that I had to go grocery shopping."

"Grocery shopping? Nickhun says that he always has to do that." Taecyeon said confused.

"Yeah. Well, he does. But I couldn't say to my mom that I was going shopping. Then she would have come."

Taecyeon laughed. "Her mom can be a little tedious." he explained to Yoona who didn't really understand the funny side of this.

"Oh."

"Would you like some company, Tiff?"

"You guys want to go shopping?" she asked hopefully, if possible smiling even more brightly.

"Well, I should get the food home." Taecyeon gestured at the car. "But, Yoona can stay."

Yoona quickly looked at Taecyeon, not having expected him to push her into doing something in front of another person.

"That would be great." Tiffany exclaimed and made it impossible for Yoona to say no. She hated situations like these. "If you want to, that will say." Tiffany worriedly added, referring to the last time she'd asked Yoona to come shopping with her.

"Yoona?" Taecyeon asked, smiling as well. Something in his eyes told her though that it was okay for her to say no. And somewhere Yoona felt that she could, if she wanted to.

"I'll stay." she quickly said though and was even a little surprised herself. But she needed to do this. It couldn't be that bad, right?

"Great!" Tiffany exclaimed, looking at Yoona. "I can drive you back later."

Taecyeon nodded and fumbled with his wallet. "Take this and buy yourself something nice." he told Yoona and gave her a comforting hug. "You deserve it." he whispered in her ear.

"Thanks." Yoona smiled and turned to Tiffany.

The girl locked arms with Yoona and started to walk them away from Taecyeon. "This is gonna be so much fun, Yoona."

Terrified, but determined to do this, Yoona just smiled and agreed.

 

tytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytyty

 

"This would look great on you." Tiffany said and showed Yoona a green dress with silver details on.

It was gorgeous, Yoona couldn't think anything else, but she'd never even tried on anything like that before. Tiffany had taken her to places Yoona never even had known existed. She had, in her early teens, just walked around in expensive stores and looked at all the clothes. But as she'd realized that she'd never be able to buy anything in there, or try it on, she'd stopped.

And now she realized how much she'd missed it. The clothes were amazing and Yoona wanted to try everything on.

But, being who she was Yoona didn't touch anything or pick anything to try on. So therefore Tiffany gave her tons of things and showed Yoona the dressing rooms. Yoona was glad for that.

"You think?" Yoona asked and eyed the dress, so beautiful that she didn't dare to look at the prize.

Tiffany nodded. "Yeah. I think you'd look great in this colour."

Yoona went to the dressing room, smiling while holding the dress in her hands. She had expected herself to be all scared while shopping with Tiffany, but she wasn't. It was fun and Yoona never wanted to go home.

It was crazy, so crazy that Yoona while inside the booth had to pinch herself.

"Can I see?" Tiffany asked from outside and Yoona stepped outside, kind of shyly. She felt a little weird, she hadn't worn a dress for years and she was slightly embarrassed about her pale body.

"Wow!" Tiffany said and eyed Yoona. "It's perfect on you."

"Really?" Yoona said, not being able to hide the big smile on her face.

"Yes. You have to buy it, Yoona."

Yoona awkwardly looked down. She had never even thought about buying it, just try it on. "Oh, I don't know. I bet it's very expensive."

"Who cares? Taecyeon's paying, right? And I know that he'd want you to have this."

"Do you really think that I should?"

"I do. Do you like the dress? I mean, I know I do but if you don't like it…"

Yoona quickly interrupted. "I love it! It's the best dress in the whole world."

"Then what are you waiting for?" Tiffany asked.

Yoona smiled and stepped inside the dressing room again. She loved this dress.

After buying the dress the two girls decided to go and have some coffee before continuing. Tiffany showed Yoona a cozy little café where they found a table and sat down.

"Thanks for letting me come with you today, Tiffany." Yoona said as the coffee had arrived.

Tiffany nodded. "I'm just glad to have some company. And by the way I think you have a very good sense of style."

"You do?"

"Yeah. You know what looks good and what doesn't. You must be a shopper, too, right?"

Yoona shook her head. "Actually I don't shop very often and this is the first time I've bought anything in here." Yoona confessed. She always found the smaller, less expensive places.

"Then you're a natural."

Yoona grinned. "Now I just have to find an excuse to wear the dress. It's so fancy."

"Living in Seoul you should need it. Charity events are a weekly thing."

"You have charity events?" Yoona asked, a little surprised. She had seen them in movies but she never thought that she'd actually meet people who went to things like that.

"Yeah. All the time. Taecyeon hasn't been on many lately though. Maybe he should bring you."

"Maybe." Yoona said unsurely.

"It would be nice to see more of you. I've never really thought that Taecyeon's friends are very interesting but I definitely think that he's found someone good this time."

Yoona smiled and pinched herself again.

This all couldn't be true. She was having coffee with one of those girls she'd always looked away while meeting, always admired. And she had a friend, a best friend. Taecyeon.

"So, where do you want to go next?" Tiffany interrupted and again showed those perfect eye smile.

 

tytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytyty

 

The moment Yoona walked inside of Taecyeon's apartment she heard him call for her from the kitchen.

"Hi Taec!"

He was cooking dinner and Yoona giggled as she noticed the flour on his left cheek. "Hi! Did you have fun?"

"Actually, I did a lot of fun."

She placed her bags on a chair and leaned back against the counter to see what he was cooking.

"That's great. Tiffany can be a little too much sometimes but overall she's nice." Taecyeon scratched his chin and got even more flour in his face, but didn't seem to notice at all.

"Yes, she is." Yoona agreed and eyed him with a grin on her face. "You're making dinner?"

"Yeah." he proudly said. He didn't cook very often, he was more of a takeout person. Suddenly getting a bit nervous he asked. "You want to stay, right?"

"Sure. And I love it when you cook." He was being so cute, she couldn't help but smile at him.

Taecyeon smirked. "Can I see what you've bought?"

Yoona nodded enthusiastically and was about to pull it out from the bags when he stopped her. "I want to see it on you, silly. Now, go change!"

"Alright."

Yoona came back into the kitchen a few minutes later wearing the green dress she loved so much. She was a little unsure of how he'd react, it was after all kind of expensive and maybe he wouldn't think she needed anything like that.

Taecyeon was standing by the counter, cutting some bread, when he saw her. He just stopped and put the knife down, looking her up and down.

His eyes seemed to grow twice its size and with the flour still on his face and the apron he looked pretty adorable in Yoona's eyes.

"What?" Yoona asked after some time of complete silence. She was starting to worry.

Taecyeon kept standing there, just looking at her.

"Taecyeon?" Yoona said and wanted to disappear out of the room. Why didn't he say anything?

He didn't think that the dress was anything for her.

"I just…you…well…you're just..." Taecyeon mumbled. "You're amazingly beautiful, Yoong."

As soon as he'd uttered those words Yoona relaxed and realised that she'd been holding her breath. "Really?" she asked and he nodded.

"Beautiful.

"So you think I should keep it? The dress?"

"Of course. Why wouldn't you?"

"I don't know."

"Then keep it. It looks gorgeous on you but then again everything does." he quickly said, as if he was nervous.

And Taecyeon who never showed her any nervousness.

Was he flirting with her?

No, he couldn't be. He saw her as a friend, maybe a sister. But, still she blushed.

Taecyeon cleared his voice. "Did you buy anything else?"

"Oh, yeah I did. You want to see?"

 

tytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytyty

 

"Are you sure, Taec?"

"Of course I am. I asked you."

Yoona nodded understandingly, tucking some of her dark hair behind her ear. "Yeah, but I've been staying here a lot and I don't want to…"

"Yoona, I love to have you around. Really." Taecyeon interrupted, hoping that she would stay.

Yoona felt like she could drown in his eyes, so pleading and so kind. "Well, I guess I'll stay then." she whispered.

A smile spread on his face. "Good and maybe we should fix the guestroom soon."

"You have a guestroom?" Yoona asked, confused. Wouldn't she have noticed a guestroom?

"Yes. But at the moment I'm using it to put all the stuff I don't know where else to have in." Taecyeon explained.

"Oh, that's the room with the surfboard in?"

"Yeah, I've never really bothered to fix it, the room."

"But I can sleep here on the sofa. It's comfortable." Yoona said as she knew how much things he had in the room.

"I know but I thought I'd give you a proper bed to sleep in. That way you don't have to make bed all the time. And I was going to have it as a guestroom, I've just been lazy."

Yoona leaned back into the cushions and brought a pillow into her lap. "Okay."

"But I don't really feel like doing that tonight." Taecyeon confessed.

"Me neither. I'm pretty tired." Yoona agreed and just now realized how tired she really was.

"After a day of shopping with Tiffany I can understand that."

"It was actually really fun." Yoona smiled. She still couldn't really understand that she'd been out shopping with another person. She hadn't done that for years.

"Yeah?"

Yoona nodded and suddenly remembered that she never would have been able to buy anything without Taecyeon's help. "Thank you so much for the dress by the way. I really love it."

"Hey, no problem. I'm just glad that you had a great time." Taecyeon told her with a sincere voice, he was just happy to see her smile more and more.

"Thanks."

A silence fallowed and the two stared at the tv screen .

"Movie?" Set suggested.

Yoona laughed and looked at him. "We see a lot of movies, don't we?"

"We don't have to. What do you want to do?" Taecyeon quickly said, afraid that she didn't like movies at all. Maybe she just was scared to tell him because he loved movies.

Yoona immediately replied. "No. I want to, I like watching movies with you. Your comments to everything are very interesting. Makes me see the movies in a whole new perspective."

Taecyeon laughed. "Then another movie it is."

 

 

 

 

 

tytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytyty

 

 

Feel free to comment guys...