Twenty One

Jar Of Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sound the door bell makes her sleep disturbed. She looked at the clock on the wall. It’s eight o’clock.  Who came to her house this early morning? Seohyun was about to wake a little late since today is a holiday and  Joonho usually will wake up at 10. With a sleepy face, she is forcing herself to make a step to the door as she reached her hair clip. She yawned a bit and tied her hair. The sound of bells could still be heard and make she feels a little annoyed.

"I'm coming!" shouted her.

When she opened the door, what she see is a big box that nearly covers the door. 'What is this..' Seohyun frowns.

"Ms. Seo Joohyun?"

She was looking for where the voice comes.

"Emm.. Here.. I'm right here behind the box.." The man tilts his head behind the big box. Seohyun startled a bit.

“Oh!”

“I’m sorry, but can I put this inside your house first? It’s so heavy..” The guy voices sounds breathless and without wasting time she gave a way to the man to put the big box inside because she felt sorry even though she feels confused with what she saw now.

After he puts the box on the floor, Seohyun slowly walk to him.

“Sorry, but what is this?” asked Seohyun and her eyes still glued to the box.

“Oh, it’s a gift..” said the guy.  Seohyun bolted her eyes.

“A gift?? From who?”

“Emm.. it’s from Mr Kim Luhan. Here, please sign this miss..” the guy show her white paper for her to sign.

“Wait, from who?” asked her again.

“From Kim Luhan, Ms Seo Joohyun.”

Seohyun was dumbfounded. ‘Why he gives me this?’

“Emm miss, please sign this..” asked the guy while holding the paper to her.

“Oh.” Without much thinking, she just simply sign the paper.

“Thank you.” The guy was about to leave and she just nods. After close the door, she approached the box that wrap nicely in blue paper.

"Wait, is he trying to seduce me by giving me this?"

"What is this?" she would want to open, but her heart tells her to stop doing so. So she just sat on the sofa and stared at the box. And suddenly her cell phone rang. She quickly ran into the room and reach her phone. The name screen is private when she looks at the screen. She frowned, but still answered the call.

"Hello?"

"You've got the gift?"

"Mr Luhan? How did you get my num..”

“Number? From Madam Xiu..”

Luhan can imagine how her face will look like. Those small lips will get bitten by her teeth. Those big sparkling eyes will full of anger and those red cheeks.. Luhan smiling widely.

“So.. have you got the gift?” asked Luhan again when a silence between them filled.

“What is this Mr Luhan?” asked Seohyun annoyed with her hands on her hips.

“A gift.”

“A gift for what?” asked Seohyun still not satisfied.

“Open it..” says Luhan.

“I won’t. I will give back this for you back. I don’t need it.”

“Seo Joohyun. Please don’t be stubborn. Just open it. It’s my gift from me for you and Joonho. A gift cannot be taken back.” Before Seohyun could reply to him, Joonho who was just waking up calling her mom while rubbing his eyes.

“Mama, what is this?” Asked Joonho when he saw a big box in front of him. Seohyun don’t know what to answer so she just kept silent. While Luhan, he smiles when he heard his son’s voices.

“Mama, it’s look like a gift. Can I open it? Please...” Seohyun feels guilty. She doesn’t want the gift but she don’t wanna hurt her son too. ‘Ottokeh?’

“Nahh..see. Let him open it.” say Luhan. Seohyun kept silent. She closed her eyes and sighed.

“Okay..open it Joonho yah..” Joonho is her weakness. If he wants something, she will try to fulfill it. And for this, she can’t say no and it’s obvious the box that wrap in a beautiful paper is a gift. The kid usually will get excited if they saw something like this. Seohyun sighed.

Joonho smile widely and ready to rip the paper. Seohyun just watch and actually she kinda excited to see what is in there. Luhan still on the phone.

“Excited?”

“What? Me? No, but Joonho..” lied Seohyun.

“Yeah, right..” Seohyun heard a chuckle from him. After ripping the whole paper, Joonho quickly open the boxes and Seohyun can see how excited his face are. Seohyun smiled.

“Wahh! Mama! A lot of toys inside!” Screamed Joonho and Seohyun raised her eyebrows. While Luhan smiling when he heard his son’s cheered happily. He never gives anything to his son’s since he’s born and now he wants to redeem it. Although it’s just a toy, but it’s still enough to make his son’s happiness even there’s actually a lot more things that he wants to redeem to his son’s and her.

“You gave a lot of toys..” said Seohyun slowly. She don’t know why but deep inside her heart she was touched a bit. Looking at her son’s face when he saw those toys make her happy too. Joonho don’t usually get a toys from her since she don’t want her son’s wasting time by playing the toys as what the kids usually do at his ages but seeing Joonho happy face is different. She never saw Joonho face as bright as today.

There’s a silent between them.

“So, don’t you got anything other than toys?” asked Luhan.

“What?”

“Hmm..you better check by yourself, Seohyun.” said Luhan. Seohyun frowned as her hands were trying to look for other things inside the boxes. While Joonho already playing with the toys.

There she found a rectangled red box with a white ribbon top on it. The box looks beautiful. She take it and open it.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter