Fourteen

Jar Of Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Four years later....

There was a loud singing voice by the kids from  inside the nursery and the sound of  a piano being played by someone. They sing  with passion and sometime a soft laughter been heard from them. After hitting the last song, they were clapping cheerful.

“Wah! You’re the best Seohyun Lao shi (teacher)” said the kids while giving a thumbs up. Seohyun just smile and bowed to them playfully. Her eyes then looking at their face one by one. There’s  some missing and she knows who. She sighed.

Seohyun became a music teacher in the nursery for the past two years. It’s begin just a hobby by visiting them and teach them a music but then after along time, all the kids started to like her and  keep asking her to come often to the nursery and playing with them. So the head of the nursery asked her to become a permanent teacher and teach them in music.

“Everyone, have you seen Joonho?” asks Seohyun in Chinese to them. They all just shook their head and pout. Seohyun smiles and get up from the chair.

“It’s okay. I will find him.” Says Seohyun and walk outside. Then she stands while her eyes searching for the small figure that belong to Joonho. She bites her lips when she doesn’t see him and suddenly her eyes sparkling when he saw a one small body was squatting in front of the fishpond. Seohyun smiles before she step towards him.

“Joonho ah.. what are you doing?” asks Seohyun with smoothly and squatting beside him too. Joonho was shocked by her presence and looking down. Seohyun just stare at him.

“Oh! Look at that newborn fish! It’s cute right?” says Seohyun try to lift up the mood.

“That’s not a newborn, mama. They already born with that size.” Reply Joonho and gain a soft laughter from her. She his hair.

“What happen to my son? Ehm?” asks Seohyun. Joonho shooks his head and stand up ready to go away. There’s something make Joonho moody today. Joonho is not a moody person. He was a very loud, active and bubbly kid in this kindergarten. Everyone like him but why today he seems so moody? Seohyun know why.

Today was his birthday. Maybe he thought her mother was forgot his special day but actually Seohyun not. Whose mother would forget her child's birthday? She actually has a surprised for him. That’s why she doesn’t wish him yet.

“Joonho ah..” shout Seohyun when she saw Joonho was already getting inside. Seohyun sighed then she smile and follow him.

When Seohyun have already stepped inside, Joonho was nowhere to be found. Then she asked the kid and the kid pointed to the room that was belonged to paint a room. It’s a time. Seohyun walk to the kitchen and brought a cake out from the refrigerator. She shows the cake for the kids and before they scream happily, she shows a signal for them to shut up their mouth. The kids look so happy when they see the cake.

“After I count 123 we sing for him okay?” asks Seohyun whispers. The kids nod and followed their teacher to the room. Now they all was standing outside the room. Seohyun push the door a bit and saw her sons was staring at the table with a sad face. ‘Aigoo my son..’

“Ok, 1...2..... 3” After count the 3 Seohyun pushed the door widely and everyone singing a birthday song for Joonho who was in shock stated. He was dumbfounded but later a smile begins to form on his lips.

After done singing, Seohyun place the cake on the table in front of him. Joonho smile to her.

“Make your wish honey..” said Seohyun. Joonho nods then close his eyes and start wishing for something. Something that he really wants. After that, he blows the candle and everyone clapping for him.

“Cut the cake now.” Seohyun gives him a plastic knife and he cut the cake.

“Are you happy now honey?” asks Seohyun while touching his jaws. Joonho nods confidently and give a kiss on his mother's cheeks.

“Xie xie mama..” thanks Joonho brightly but suddenly his face back to sour again. Seohyun frowns looking at her son's behavior.

“What’s wrong?” asks Seohyun. Joonho sighed and stare at the cake while the other kids already eating it happily. Seohyun smiles and slowly moved her hands onto her pocket and take out a two paper. Joonho look at her and frowns.

“A ticket to the amusement park for your birthday gift.” Joonho widen his eyes and gasp. He looks at the ticket which Seohyun holding and look at her face back. Seohyun lifted her eyebrows. Then slowly a wide smile form from his lips.

“Xie xie mama! Wo ai ni! You’re the best mom ever!!” said

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter