Despair

Two Moons And A Werewolf

 

After the short break, Luhan and Tao left, while Draco and Kirsten remained with their uncles and watched closely as they fight.

Taemin left Minho with them for a bit and decided to join you and Seri. “Hi noona! Hi Seri!” he grinned.

“Hi Taemin!” you waved.

Seri, on the other hand, got awkward and silent. She looked to the floor, hiding her face.

Taemin wondered so he sat where Tao left. “Hey… What’s wrong?”

You also placed a hand on her back. “Yeah Seri… What’s going on?”

“N-Nothing…” she stammered.

With the way she chewed her lips and fidgeted with her nails, you knew it was something about her getting married when Taemin clearly has feeling for her. “Aigooo~ I think I’ll leave you two for now…”

You patted Taemin’s shoulder and left.

Kai saw you approach them and his eyes immediately went to the porch. “What the…”

You grabbed the back of shirt when he started to leave. “You’re staying here, buddy!”

“But! But!” he reasoned.

“Aish! Can you stop being jealous just this once?! Taemin is harmless! Geez!” you eyerolled.

“Whatever Sehee!” he whined.

You pushed him to his spot and went to Suho who hugged you from behind while watching Chen and Daehyun fight.

Taemin took your spot, bent his knees and looked over at Seri. “Hey… You can tell me you know…”

Seri hugged her knees and still avoided his gaze. “I actually don’t know what to say…”

Taemin sighed and looked ahead. “Fine… At least I get to sit right next to you, than stand with your husband over there!”

Seri suddenly sunk her face in between her knees and quietly sobbed.

“Hey… Hey…” Taemin placed an arm around her and rubbed her arm. “Why are you crying? Stop crying or everyone will kill me! Yah!” he chuckled.

“It’s not funny, Taemin!” she cried.

He pulled her closer and pressed her head on his shoulder. “Seriously Seri… Don’t cry! I don’t know why but please, stop crying. I hate seeing you cry!”

“It’s just that…” she sniffled. “I feel guilty…”

“Ehh?” Taemin wondered for a bit but quickly realized why. “Ahhh… Aigoo Seri… Don’t feel that way, okay?” Seri looked at him with watery eyes so he held her face, wiping the tears away. “Look… I’m disappointed, bummed out, but I’m not mad or anything! It’s normal to feel that way right?”

When in truth he’s not. His heart dropped with every minute, every touch, every moment he spends with her.

Taemin cleared his throat from drying and blew out an air. 'You're crazy! Next time, if you feel things, you keep quiet, and that's it...'

“M-Miahnae…” Seri’s jaw trembled.

“It’s nothing to be sorry, Seri.” he shook his head and faked a smile. “People fall in love not knowing why or how. You just love no matter how stupid you become and with no regrets.”

“Yah… You’re making me feel like even more!” Seri sulked.

“Idiot!” he knocked her head. “It was my fault in the first place.” her eyebrows furrowed. “I shouldn’t have shown my feelings for someone whose glance has never been mine.” he firmly held her face, gazing into her face as much as he can. “When I get to hear you laugh, to cheer you up, to fight for you… simply getting to be a part of your life… These are the times I thank God I’m alive.”

“T-Taemin…” she spoke in despair.

“Let me just look at you…” he requested, and she nodded.

Tao, Zelo and Kai hurled daggers of stares at them but it only took a pat on their backs from you, that they averted their attention.

Taemin pinned a breathtaking image of Seri that he’ll live with for the rest of his life and that will keep him breathing, hoping that she’ll one day knock into his heart.

Seri gave him all the time he needed and after what seemed like forever, his eyes slowly closed and took a deep breath. ‘It ing hurts, but what can I do? It’s killing me!'

Whether he likes it or not, he has to take that step. His lids opened and raised a hand. “F-Friends?” he choked.

Seri hesitantly held his hand and loosely gripped it. “For…ever…”

Taemin forced a smile and stood. “Errmmm… I’m thirsty… D-Do you need water?”

“S-Sure…” she said.

He hurriedly went to the door and walked in. As it closed behind him, Taemin covered his mouth to muffle his sobs.

His chest exploded and couldn’t bear showing it in front of Seri. He already swallowed his ego and could no longer let his pride crumble.

“Taemin?” you approached him.

“Oh!” he secretly wiped his tears. “Y-Yes noona?”

“Hey… Why are you crying?” you walked closer

“I’m not! Silly!” he chuckled. “Something got into my eye.” he blew out an air.

“Right… I’m the last person you lie to, Taemin!” you held his face. “Hey… You have to be strong, okay?” his tears helplessly dropped once again and he unknowingly leaned his forehead on your shoulder. “It’s okay… Everything’s gonna be okay… Noona is here…” you rubbed his back.

“K-Komawo…” he cried.

“That’s what I’m here for… It’s okay… Ssshhhh” you comforted. “I want you to know, that you are not losing my sister. Not now, not ever!”

“N-Noonaaaa…” he sobbed.

Taemin never said word after that but having someone to lean on made him feel better and loved. He may have lost his first love but he gained a family, a very rowdy one, and friends.