Proposal

Two Moons And A Werewolf

 

Seri woke up the following day and saw you with Kris on her sides. “U-Unnie?”

“Hi sis… How are you feeling?”

Her eyes closed for a bit and pinched her forehead. “B-Better… I guess…” she squinted back at you. “How’s Zelo? Tao? Are they okay?”

That’s when you looked at Kris. She noticed how worried you are and knew right away something happened. “Unnie… W-Wae? Kris?” she asked him.

He moved closer and her bangs sidewards. “You were attacked by werewolves last night…”

“A-And?” she stammered.

“Tao… got bitten…”

“Oh…” she said in monotone. “Is he okay? It’s just a bite, right? Nothing serious…”

Kris looked at you very concerned.

Seri had her hands crossed on her tummy and you squeezed them tightly. “Seri… Tao is not okay… There is a possibility that he will turn into one of them…”

Seri fell silent and frozen. She just heard the most horrific thing in her life as if everything in her world has fallen apart. Her lips were slightly open as if trying to say something but couldn’t find the words.

“Seri…” you shook her. “Hey… Look at me!”

Her glazed eyes slowly went to you.

“Be strong! Don’t let it get you! I know it’s easy for me to say but that’s exactly what you will tell me if I were in your shoes…” you firmly said. “So please! Now is the time for you to be brave! Do you understand?”

Seri’s eyes fluttered and let out a sob. Her tears flooded down her face, helpless and defeated.

You leaned down and hugged her as tight as you can. “I’m so sorry, dongsaeng! I don’t know how to make things easier but unnie is here! I’m here, Seri!”

“U-Unnie…” she hugged you back and leaned her head on your shoulder. “Am I gonna lose Tao?  What if he turns into an animal? Will he recognize me?”

Every question sunk your heart deeper and deeper. You thought hard to give her the most comforting words but nothing seemed right. “Don’t think about it, okay? What’s important right now is for you to stay by his side. Tao needs you the most right now…”

You pulled away and wiped her tears. “He’s already awake in the other room. Gooo!”

Your sister sat up and took deeper breaths, Kris also rubbed her back. “Be strong, Seri…”

After taking a final sniffle, she climbed down the bed and walked out.

“Gwenchana?” Kris asked you.

“I’m good…” you sighed and pulled his wrist. “Let’s go! We have an event to prepare!”

In Exo-M’s room, Tao sat upright while leaning against the headboard and surrounded by the guys. Despite the dreadful news, he laughed and giggled with them. Even made jokes about the possibility of becoming a werewolf.

When Seri came in, each of them slowly left.

“Ask her a’right?”  Kai softly punched his thigh.

“Later bro!” Zelo added.

Tao nodded and watched as each of them patted Seri’s head in comfort.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ij17KoeUgm4

Seri fought with her emotions while looking at Tao. He was like a terminally ill patient, gaunt, paled and withered. He can hardly raise his injured arm, and moving required a lot of effort.

Even his voice became hoarse and barely audible. “Babe?”

She blinked the buildup away and felt get tight.

As their eyes met, Tao signaled with his free hand and she climbed in between his legs. She leaned her back against his chest, and he tenderly circled his good arm around her neck. “Gwenchana?”

She nodded.

Seri refused to talk when she knew her shaking voice would crumble his remaining strength.

Tao pressed his cheek on her, her ear with a thumb. “I remember when you leaned in quick to kiss me... I swear that not a single force on Earth could stop the trembling in my hand…” she closed her eyes when her jaws unknowingly quivered. “From then on, I know that a clumsy girl will take over my heart…”

Seri’s heart slowly descended from getting heavy at the lump of sadness. Good thing they didn’t face each other or Tao could’ve seen her eyes glisten in tears.

Tao quickly looked up and blew out an air. “I know I have only a couple of days left, so I want to take this one chance…” he slowly moved.

Seri gulped and watch him painstakingly get out of bed. “B-Babe… You’re supposed to rest…” she spoke.

“I-It’s okay… I’m not going anywhere…” he groaned.

With courage and strength on his side, Tao stood away from the bed, gesturing for her. “Come here…”

Seri immediately left and followed him. Her head moved around when waves of red petals flew in from the window. “W-What’s going on?”

Tao got down on one knee, fervently looking at her. “I want to live with you, take care of you, grow old with you…” she cupped in surprise. “I want to sleep with you in my arms every night for the rest of my life, werewolf or not…” he truthfully smiled. “I want to see your belly swell with my child - a son or daughter with cat-like eyes…”

Seri emotionally gave up.

Her tears flowed down her cheeks, leaving Tao choking in his own tears. “Hwang Seri… Having you by my side is all I ask. Please be my wife?”

There’s that redness of happy tears, and then laughter from crying. “Yes!” she gasped.

Seri helped Tao get up and he gave her a big hug and breathtaking kiss.

Outside the house, Kirsten and Kekemato sat on the ground, plucking petals from roses which were directed and blown by Sehun and Draco towards Exo-M’s room.

“Keep ‘em coming TenTen!” her brother chuckled.

“Yeah… I think we need more!” her uncle added.

“Approve!” she snickered. ‘Keke! Isn’t my Uncle Tao cool?’

‘He is waayyyy cool! He even asked Sehee’s permission before doing this impromptu proposal…’ the bunny replied.

‘Mhmmm! I’m gonna be the flower girl too! Weeee!’ they high fived.