It's not a choice

9Months Living With My Childish Wife

 

 

 

Dujun’s pov

 

 

He doesn’t talk to me, he doesn’t smile, he doesn’t looks on me and he doesn’t care of me at all. Yoseob sits on the couch, hugs his legs and sometimes, he sighs.

Sounds as if we’re having fight, right?

No, it’s not we are fighting or what. It just, it’s …

 

 

Last night I told him that I need to back to Seoul as my leaves are soon to end, more to be exact it will end the day of tomorrow, where the fact is, I can’t no longer be here with him, in Jeju. I have works and I need to go back to Seoul.

 

Yoseob’s face all of sudden changed and I knew, he didn’t like it. He didn’t like the idea- to bring him there. yoseob didn’t want to tag along and leave Jeju.

 

“Seob baby? Can you come here?”

I tilt my head and call him from the kitchen. Nevertheless, he doesn’t move a finger at all. I sigh.” Yoseob-ah, can you help me?”

 

“…”

 

“Yoseobie, I really need a help here,” I call him again but he remains silent as before. He doesn’t move or respond to my calls.

I try for third, fourth and fifth times yet he is still there watching or not the television until my finger unfortunately cut as I misplace my own finger near the edge of the knife. I try not to worsen the condition yet being a normal human being I am, I yelped and pull my hand from the cutting board.

 

I hiss.

 

“Are you okay?”

At last, that mute alien speaks up and I see he’s rushing to me. Yoseob gets me and his eyes catch my bleeding index finger, pull it close to his mouth, it and coats my injured finger in that tiny mouth. Minute later, Yoseob pulls it out from his mouth, rubs my finger gingerly and eyes on mine.

He asks me either I’m all fine or not.

 

“It’s okay. Don’t worry,”

“J-Just…stay out of here. Come, let me apply some cream onto your finger.” Yoseob says, turns off the stove, pulls my hand, out from the kitchen, and forces me to sit down on the couch. Yoseob seems a bit of panic since he doesn’t know where is the first aid box.

 

“There’s one in the room, next to the table,” I tell him and Yoseob nods. He went to the room, searched for it and minute later he came and treated me like a patient.

Somehow, I smile.

 

“Is it hurt?”

I shake my head no.

 

“It’s might hurt a bit. Please bear with this, hurm?” yoseob utters, finger applies some cold cream onto my injured finger while soothing me like a kid. I guess he has been treating many patients under eight years old when he is a doctor in Hungary.

Once he done, he blows it gently and put a plaster on it.

 

“Just rest. I will cook the rest.” He says, hands busing cleaning up the cotton, the plastic and the first aid box. He doesn’t look on me anymore.

 

“Seob,”

“What are you planning to cook? Tell me, I can do the rest,” he says and legs walking passing me on the couch. Sighing, I immediately catch his wrist, pull him rough and as the result, he falls onto my lap with eyes wide open.

Yoseob struggles on my lap, trying to get up.

 

“Are you planning to be a mute Alien now?” I ask him, hands grip hard around his waist.” W-What are you talking about? Now release me.”

 

“I don’t think so.”

“Dujun-ah, please,”

 

I sigh.

 

“Tell me why you didn’t want to follow me back to Seoul? Do you think I will leave you alone here?” I make him face me. Despite of that, Yoseob is still trying not to meet with my gaze.

“Baby, look here, look at me,” I cup his face, turn it to me and force him to stare deep into my eyes. Yoseob did stare me but only for seconds, which made me out of my limit.

I release him, sigh and rub my temples. Yoseob stands in front of me with a sad and guilty face.

“don’t talk to me until you tell me the reason why are you acting like this.” and he seems flabbergasted. Yoseob turns to me and I hear a heavy inhale.

“Then, I’m sorry for being this rude.” He replies, leaves me, leaves the house and I don’t know where he wants to go.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I watch him from the room’s verandah and in the same time, I need to pack some of my clothes into the bag. Since two hours ago, Yoseob just sits on the sand, watches the beach. He didn’t move much and all what he did are watching the beach and the sky.

 

End.

 

 

 

Yoseob’s pov

 

 

 

I don’t know what to say and I don’t know what to react. He’s going to Seoul and I don’t want to follow him. I want to live here forever. I love Jeju and I love this house. It’s full with our happy moments instead of that house, which is…

 

I don’t want follow him back. It’s okay. I do not mad if he wants to leave me alone here. I can survive and I can live by my own. Yes, I can do it though.

 

                                                                              ********************

 

 

 

I watch him packing up his stuffs into a small bag when I step into the room after some walking along the beach. My head is spinning due to the sun so that I decided to stop from wandering along the beach and take a fast sleep or a bathe.

 

 

I crawl onto the bed, put my head on the fluffy pillow and close my eyes. Ahh, damn it. I guessed I’ve exposed myself under the sun for a long time to get this heavy headache. Great.

 

 

 

 

 

I do not know for how long did I slept but the empty room make me hurt. Dujun is nowhere and my head spins as before. I curse.

 

“Dammit. Where’s the first aid?” I mumble and slowly get off from the bed. I search for the box and minutes later, the flash comes through my mind. It…it’s on the table in the living room.

I shuffle my legs to the living room, ignore my headache, and get the first aid and the pill. I went to the kitchen, take a fast gulp, together with the pill. A deep sigh comes out from me again.

 

Dujun never did this to me. He has never ignored me no matter what I acted.

 

“Guess he has reached his limit. Pabo me,” I said to myself and laughed sarcastically. I didn’t blame him. I meant, he has to work and his place is Seoul, not here. i do not have the right to stop or prevent him from going back to Seoul.

 

I guessed I will stay here while he in Seoul.

 

 

End.

 

 

Dujun’s pov

 

 

 

It has been a day since we didn’t talk to each other. Yoseob doesn’t speak at all and his face looks kinda pale. I know this is not a suitable time to continue being like this so that I stop for a while, approach him on the bed and ask him.

 

“Are you sick?”

“…”

 

“Seob,” still, there’s no respond from him.

“Then, sorry for this,” I pull the duvet from covering his body, crawl onto the bed, palm his a little bit of burning forehead. I sigh and stare him deep.” Now, tell me. can I leave my wife being alone here? Who will take care of you?!”

 

I raise my voice unconsciously, resulting of a stun Yoseob. He stares me and weakly smile.” I can, by my own.”

“and you think I can let it go like you did?! Are you kidding me Seob? You’re my responsible and you’re my wife,” I grab his wrist and force him to get up from lying down. He complies anyway.

“Are you telling me to leave you alone with this condition?”

 

Yoseob shakes his head no, eyes stare mine.” You’re rarely scold or raise your voice toward me. why did you…” he doesn’t finish his sentence, instead of smiling. Yoseob holds my hands.” Just go to Seoul. I will be fine living here. Don’t worry,”

 

I shake my head no.

 

“You are following me back. I will pack your stuffs.” I say brief and put his hands on his lap. I take out some of his clothes from the wardrobe, his passport, his identity card and more. Yoseob says something but I ignore him.

 

“No need to prepare yourself. I will buy you some medicines and we will leave to Seoul, tonight.” I cut his whining and protests, hands busing getting all the stuffs and put them into a bag.

I know I hurt him and yes, I’ve scolded and raised my voice on him for these two day, a lot. I do not know why but when he told me he didn’t want to follow me home, it made me depressing. I meant, what’s wrong with getting back to the old house?

 

He told me he has forgetting all of those memories and tried to create a new life. He told me could forgive myself for that incident and…

 

“Dujun-ah…jebal, don’t force me like this…” instead of paying my attention on him, I keep on packing his clothes.” Dujun-ah…please,”

 

“Stop being childish Yoseob-ah. I’m sorry for these but, I can’t leave you alone here.”

“Dujunie…”

 

He whines more and he starts to sob.

Geez.

 

 

“I don’t want going back to Seoul. I’m begging you Dujun-ah…I do not want living in that house for second times, I..”

 

“You are following me back. That’s my final decision.” I say oh so firm and turn to him. I get my own bag and his, put them on the bed, and shove my hand to him. Yoseob shakes his head no.

“Shiro. I don’t want, Dujun-ah. I don’t want going back to that place. it hurts me…it’s too hurt for me..” yoseob pleads, he begs and he beseeches me to let him stay alone in this house. I sigh.

 

“Seobie-ah, please…”

 

“No, I don’t want. Dujun-ah… I can’t promise myself to not hating you for second times. The house and place…Dujun-ah,” yoseob grabs my hand and brings it to his cheek. His tears roll down onto my hand.

 

So…he cannot promise to himself for not hating and blaming me? Is that mean…he is still thinking of that incident? He is still blaming me, blaming us for that? This boy in front of me…Why can’t he forget that one and create a new life as what he promised me?! is that baby is important than us?

 

 

 

 

 

 

For now....

 

 

 

 

 

and, can someone tells me the LATEST news about Dooseob? I meant, there's a pic where Dujun and Yoseob..and an ahjumma in a restaurant. Is it true that Dj flew to Japan JUST to meet Yoseob?!

 

if it's true, HOIHMAI~~