Glow & Click

Heart Attack
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You make me glow, but I cover up

Won’t let it show, so I’m

Puttin’ my defences up

Cause I don’t wanna fall in love

If I ever did that

I think I’d have a heart attack (x3)

 

 

GLOW

TAE YEON’S STORY

 

Memory not what it once was. Nothing what it once was.  It’s sad when the people who gave you the best memories become a memory.  I glanced at the photo, and the pilot light of memory flickered in my eyes. GD, where are you now?

 

*Flashback*

“Hey, don’t cry. Here’s an ice cream for you.” I heard a voice that somehow soothed my heart. I raised my head and saw an ice cream in front of face. Magically, the tears suddenly stopped from raining down along my cheeks. Ice cream! My favorite and obviously the most effective cure whenever I’m being a crybaby.

I turned my gaze away from the ice cream, and there he was. A young boy almost the same age as I am was holding the ice cream with a wide grin drawn on his face. I let out a light sob while wiping away my tears.

“Here. Take this. My mommy said, if you eat ice cream, you won’t be sad anymore.” This time, he put the ice cream into my hand.

“Gomawo.” I said and after that I the ice cream. Yikes! It tasted like strawberry! Mommy said that I’m allergic to strawberry. If I ate anything with strawberry in it, my body started to itch like crazy.  Waaaaa! My mommy will surely kill me if she knows I ate strawberry ice cream. Give him back the ice cream Taeng!

“Sorry. I can’t eat strawberry. Here, take it back.” I gave back the ice cream to him. He looked sad.

“Weiyo?? Don’t you like ice cream?” The wide grin immediately disappeared from his face. And that made me felt guilty.

“Ani… my mommy told me I cannot eat strawberry. If not my body will be itchy.”

“I pity you. Strawberry is very delicious you know.”

He quickly indulged himself with the mouthwatering scrumptious strawberry ice cream. I on the other hand, was drooling just by the sight of the boy the ice cream. This time my orbs started to become teary again. I’m hungry. I want ice cream too.

“Weiyo? Do you want to cry again? Are you hurt?” the boy asked.

I just shook my head. As I laid my gaze on his face, I immediately burst into laughter and upon hearing my ‘ajumma’ laugh, the boy stopped from pleasuring himself with the ice cream.

“Is there something funny?” He blinked his eyes a couple of time.

“Kekekeke.. Your face! It’s funny.” I giggled again.

“Funny? Weiyo?” He gave me his confused face.

“Your face looks like a clown. There’s ice cream all over your mouth.”

“Huh?? Really?” He gave me a wide grin and tried to wipe away the ice cream from his mouth.

“There’s still more.” I pointed at his cheek. This time, he didn’t use his hand; instead he took his shirt and wiped it all over his face.

“Yah, your shirt is dirty. Your mommy will be mad.” I told him but he just gave me his ‘i-don’t-care’ face and continued to wipe the stain with his shirt.

I chuckled because of his action. “I’m GD.” He took out his hand and waited for me to shake it.

“Hi, GD. I’m Taeng.” I shook his hand and later I felt something sticky.

“Ewwwww, my hand is dirty now.” GD just laughed at me. I wiped my hand on my gown. Great! Now my gown is dirty too. Just like his shirt. My mommy is so going to scold me after this.

“Now, we are both dirty.” GD said with a smile flashed on his face.

And after that day, we were practically glued to each other.

 

­­­­­­­­­­­

“Taengggggg!!” I heard the voice of my annoying older brother shouted from downstairs.

Kim Yesung, my devilish but adorable brother was seldom at home. He’s a pilot and due to his job, we barely have time to see each other. Apart of me was thankful because the lesser I see him, the lesser he will be able to prank me. On the other hand, as a little sister, I miss his company.

“Yes, Yesung oppa! I’m in my room.”

I heard a knock on my door and I quickly opened it. Yesung oppa pulled me into his embrace and landed a kiss on my forehead.

“Hi, baby sister. How are you? Miss me?” He said as he ruffled my hair.

I snuggled closely to him. “Your baby sister is fine and of course I miss my devilish brother. Where’s my souvenir?”

“Hey, I just got home and all you can think is your souvenir? Where’s my kiss? Your devilish brother is sad here.”

I let out a giggle and peck his cheek with a kiss. “There. Now my gift please.”

“Bad baby sister.” He said while putting a teddy bear on my hand.

“Awwwww,oppa. It’s cute. Just like you.”

“Yah! Don’t call me cute. It hurts my pride okay. For once, please tell me that I’m handsome or charming or y!”

I smacked his shoulder. “Urghhh.. oppa! With your childish look and attitude, there’s no freaking way I’m calling you y. It makes me to have goosebump okay. See.” I showed him my shaking body.

“Ara..Ara.. What were you doing just now?”

“Walking down the memory lane.”

“Memory lane? Is it about that GD boy again?”

I nodded. “How come you know I was thinking about him?”

“I’m your brother. I can read your mind okay.”

“Do you think he still remembers me? Do you think that he’ll come back again?”

“Molla. But I’m sure he’ll remember you. You both were so inseparable when you were kids.”

Silence.

“Enough talking. You should go and rest oppa.”

“Arasso. Don’t think too much about him Taeng.”

 

After Yesung oppa went out from my room, I took a picture of me and GD from under my pillow. That was the last picture of us together before he moved to America. GD was 8 years old and I was 7 years old. Honestly, that is the picture that I love the most. It was a picture of us being fake groom and bride.

 

*Flashback*

 “Taeng, marry me when we grow up okay?” he blurted out one day.

“Okay.” I nodded.

“Pro-mish?” I giggled when I heard him mispronounced the word ‘promise’.

“Pro-mish.” And I didn’t know why I followed the way he pronounced that word. I guessed it was cute.

And with a pinky promise, we sealed our deal.

 

My gaze continued to fix on the picture. Was that really counted as a promise? Nahhhh… we were kids back then. A promise between an 8 year old boy and a 7 year old girl didn’t really mean a thing.

Taeng and GD? Marriage?

My face spontaneously drew a smile.

Yah, Kim Tae Yeon! Why suddenly you think of GD again?

Just because…

You miss him?

Aniya!

Seriously?

Okay, maybe I do miss him a bit.

Hoping to see him again?

If fate brings us together, why not?

Then, what about your rooftop prince?

What about him?

Don’t you L.O.V.E. him?

Ah, shut up!

 

GD, where are you? Please come back. If you are here, I won’t fall for that rooftop prince. He made me glow, GD. I’m scare of getting hurt and I'm putting all my defenses so I won't fall hard for him.

GD, if it is you, I know you won’t hurt me. If it is you, I know I can love freely.  If it is you, I know my heart is in a good hand.

Just come back before I really fall for him. Just come back while my heart still long for your presence.

After that, I dozed off while hoping to catch a glimpse of GD in my dream.

 

 

CLICK

 

JI YONG’S STORY

 

 


Sometimes when you meet someone, there’s a click. I don’t believe in love at first sight but I do believe in that click.

 And she is the click that I’ve been searching all this while. Even the person that broke my heart a few years ago didn’t managed to give me that kind of click. She’s one of a kind.

We are all a little weird and life’s is a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.

She is weird. That I can’t deny. At one time she was angry because of my jerk attitude, the other time she was flustered by my words and another time she managed to make me overcome my fear of height. That midget is definitely something.

To say that I like her maybe it’s an understatement. Even though we practically met each other only for two times, my heart started to yearn for her presence. So yeah, she’s stuck in heart and because of her, that person who took my heart for granted years ago was no longer in the picture.

I’m falling for her and I’m not ashamed to admit that. I’m not open to many people. I’m usually quiet and I seriously hate the attention that the people around me gave to me. It’s suffocating sometimes and I began to build a wall around me.

But being with her, I ended up showing my usual true self. The jerk , annoying yet is charmin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter