I Do?

Heart Attack
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TOP’S STORY

 

I DO?

 

          

 

Roses are red,

Violets are blue,

You have an arranged

Marriage waiting for you.

 

And saying goodbye is the most painful way

Of solving a problem.

 

 

The voices of mom, dad and Soo Young noona echoed loudly from the living room as I walked down the stairs. The television was switched on, perhaps a film was featured but that didn’t stop the trio from indulging deep into their discussion. What in the world are they so focused in discussing till they didn’t even bother going to sleep even if it’s freaking 2 am?   Are they perhaps having a conversation on how to solve the world’s hunger problem?

 

Haish… Choi Seung Hyun, even though it’s early in the morning, please be realistic and logic. There’s no way they were too caught up talking about that topic. Haaa… Whatever. This dry throat of mine really need some water after I woke up from that saddening, confusing dream. Off to the kitchen we go~

 

Deep in my mind, all sort of questions began to suffocate myself. Am I really ready to be a husband for a girl that I don’t even know who the hell she is? Am I really ready to forget Tiffany Hwang, the girl with an eye smile that could light up the whole Seoul? Am I really ready to let go of her, saying goodbye to her and act like she never existed in my whole life? Will I be able to do all that?

 

 

I let out a heavy sigh. Tiffany Hwang, why only now you appeared in my life, stole my heart away even if the fact is fate doesn’t really write our destiny to be together? This whole thing is suffocating me to the core.

 

Ktak! The sound of the light being switched on attacted the trio’s attention. Like a cue, the three of them turned their heads to the direction of the kitchen. Mom nudged dad’s shoulder. “Honey, who’s that? Is it a burglar?” Dad just raised up his shoulders.

 

Soo Young noona was smiling cheekily. She knew by a fact that it was me at the kitchen. She was being an angel these past few days, lending me her ears for me to pour out all the worries inside my heart.

 

“It’s just Seung Hyun, mom. Not to worry okay.”

 

After a while, I switched the light off and made my way up to the stairs, totally ignoring the three sets of eyes who kept their gazes fixated at me. Before I even stepped on the first stair, I heard dad’s voice.

 

“Seung Hyun ar.”

 

I turned my back. “Yes dad. Is there something that you want to talk about?”

 

“Come here for a while.” Dad said as he patted the empty space on the sofa, ushering me to sit next to him. “Sit here. Dad has something to discuss with you.”

 

“Oookayyyy.” Aigooo… Just by the sight of that shikshin noona curving a wide cynical smile on her face, I knew immediately what my dad actually wanted to talk about. This must be about the arranged marriage. Choi Seung Hyun, here comes trouble. Get ready to be grill!

 

“So, have you made up your mind? It’s been a week Seung Hyun. I’m sure you have already figured out the answer to our

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter