My Fake Boyfriend

Heart Attack
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri’s Story

My Fake Boyfriend

    

 

We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful what we pretend to be. And by pretending, I know by fact, that you are the final piece of my jigsaw puzzle, the missing piece that I’ve finally found. You COMPLETE me.

 

Again, I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself while praying hard that my fake boyfriend would turn up as promise. My gaze continued to stare at my own reflection in the mirror. A gorgeous elegant white gown, a pair of diamond earrings, some light makeup and hair braided into a pony tail completed my appearance tonight. Everything looked presentable; dazzling enough to make guys turn head over heels for me, mesmerizing enough not to let myself get humiliated in front of Choi Sulli and he-who-should-not-be-name.

A sigh finally escaped from between my lips. It was almost 8.30 pm but my fake boyfriend was nowhere to be found yet. Even though there is only 0.00001% that he would turn up as promise, I still keep my faith intact, hoping from deep inside my heart that he would be here. The small yet intense conversation with Dong Young Bae aka Tae Yang suddenly flashed back again into my memory lane.

 

*Flashback*

 

“It’s you……”

“Dong Young Bae….” My eyes can barely tear away from looking at him. Lady luck! All hail you! Thank you, thank you for letting the bottle stopped rolling near this guy.

“Kwon Yuri.” He put his book on the table and ushered me to sit in front of him. I did and that’s when the small but intense conversation began.

“So… what do I have the honor to have you presence in front of me?” he asked as he took a sip of his espresso.

I took a moment of silence to once again strategize on how to tell him that I need him to be my fake boyfriend. We barely knew each other well yet, so I doubt that he’ll easily give me his green light.

“Urm… Er…. It’s kinda hard… to.. Err… explain.”

He let out a giggle. “O…kayyy… that’s a first. Never thought that you know how to stutter.”

I bit my lips while mentally banging myself. Kwon freaking Yuri! This is not the time for you to be infected with stammering virus. Just shoot the damn question from your freaking mouth. They are just 5 effing words for heaven’s sake!

Here goes nothing. The moment of truth. Speak up, Kwon Yuri!

“Willyoubemyboyfriend?” As fast as lighting, I blurted out those words.

Tae Yang basically showed me his what-the-hell-are-talking-about face. “Yah! Slow down a bit Yuri! I can barely make any sense on what in the world are you talking about.”

Urghhhh! This Dong Young Bae really made me go crazy. Why can’t he understand those 5 words easily? Yah! Yuri, it was your fault for talking so fast. Don’t lay the blame on his front door when the fact was you were the right person to be blamed.

I took a deep breath and gathered up my courage to say those words again. “Dong.Young.Bae.Will.You.Be.My.Boyfriend?” This time, I spoke the words one by one. And boy, that surely did make me rushed into a blushing state. Never will I imagine that I would be the one popping up the proposal to ask someone to be my boyfriend.

 His mouth opened, forming around a failed reply. Nothing came out from his mouth. Practically he was flabbergasted and bemused.

Silence. O..kayyyyy.. This turned out to be a very very awkward proposal.

A nudge from me on his hand finally flipped him back into reality. “Did I really hear you right?” He asked while giving me another confused-puzzled-bewildered face.

I nodded. “So, how about it? Will you be my dot dot dot?” I don’t have the heart to say the word boyfriend again. That word almost gave me a tachyarrhythmia.

Again. He zipped his mouth tightly. Yah, Yuri! Tell him that this is just an act. Perhaps he already has a girlfriend. That’s why he can’t give you a proper answer.

“Tae Yang, this only will be an act. So you don’t have to worry if you have a girlfriend. I, myself will explain to her if necessary.”

His face changed from a confused, puzzled, and bewildered state into an upset, uptight and uneasy kind of way.

“An act?!” His voice seemed up a tone.

Again, I nodded. “Please..Please.. Be my fake boyfriend Tae Yang.” I begged him desperately.

He scoffed. “Care to explain why?”

“Because I’m hopeless.” I took the invitation card from my jacket and shoved it in from of him. “Look, I know what I’m asking is too much. For you to pretend as my fake boyfriend is kinda unimaginable. We’re practically the human version of Tom and Jerry, always bickering neck-to-neck with each other. But, please fake it for me. Be my date at my mortal enemy’s party. Just for tonight. Only for like 2 hours. Not more than that, I promise. This is her address.” I explained long and thoroughly for him. Hopefully he’ll understand and perhaps give me his green light.

“Pleasseeeee…Dong Young Bae….” I said with both of my hands clasped together, armed with my puppy eyes complete and my aegyo voice.

A sarcastic smirk was drawn on his face. If it wasn’t because I was desperately in need of his help, I would definitely wage another World War III moment with him. But for now, I need to keep calm. Mind over temper. Desire over rage.

“And why exactly would you think I’ll give you my approval?”

“Because we’re friends.”

“Ahhh… we barely made up a few days back and now you’re already taking advantage of our friendship. Wow, you really amazed me Kwon Yuri.”

His words were slicing my heart bits by bits. I knew that I was wrong but desperate times called for desperate measures. I just need to convince him. He’s not that hard to break; just need a little push here and there, add up some persuasion and spice things up with some aegyo.

“Tae Yang, please…please….agree! Only for this time, I, Kwon Yuri would be a burden for you. I treasure our friendship, I really do. I’m not doing this just for fun but you are the only guy who I know is up to the par to be my date for tonight. No one else can take your place. Plus fate already led me to you when this bottle stopped rolling near you. I’m someone who believes in fate, so, I know for a fact, you are destined to be my fake boyfriend.” I picked up the yogurt bottle and placed it in front of Tae Yang.

For a moment, Tae Yang just stared at me, uncertain of what to say.

“Seriously, Kwon Yuri, you’re bewildered me. I’m amused by the fact that you can use this bottle to find a fake boyfriend for you. How about if you roll the bottle again? Then fate will lead you to another guy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter