YulYang Final Story (Part II)

Heart Attack
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

YURI’S STORY

 

TOM AND JERRY

 

      

 

You’re the peanut to my butter,

You’re the ice to my cream

You’re the sun to my shine,

You’re the Tom to my Jerry,

And last but not least, you’re the LOVE to my LIFE,

Dong Young Bae.

 

A wide grin pasted on my face. Rolled to the right, another grin curved. Rolled to the left, once again I grinned. I stared to the ceiling that was decorated with hundreds of glow in the dark stars. My hand reached for a pillow and I hugged it tightly. Ommo…. Kwon Yuri! You’re seriously lovesick! Beyond saving anymore! Haish… if Tae Yang knows that I’m head over heels for him like this, he would tease me to death. Haaaaaa! Andwaeee!!!

 

Fuh! This has to stop. Enough grinning alone like your brain has short-circuited somewhere, Kwon freaking Yuri! I let down my hair that was once knotted in a ponytail kind of way. Feet moved along down the stairs as I made my way to the front yard. I sat down on the grass with my knees hugged. It was dark and silence. Okay… better! Now I can think properly. How should I tell him?

 

I threw my gaze upon the starless and moonless sky. The cold breezy air came blowing, making me shivered all through my body. And all the sudden, my thought landed on the topic about my dad. He’s been away on a humanitarian mission for 4 months already. Aigoo… I miss him.

 

*Flashback*

 

“Yul, don’t cut your hair okay. Daddy loves it when you have long hair.”

 

I looked up and saw dad’s face who was combing through my wavy hair. “Really? You like it, daddy?”

 

“Yup. It’s pretty.”

 

“Daddy, everyone’s hair is pretty.”

 

“Soon, when you grow up, get married; daddy won’t be able to comb your hair like this again…”

 

“Huh? Weiyo? There’s no one else to love me except you and mommy…”

 

“One day, there’s going to be one lucky guy who will love you, take care of you… comb your hair…”

 

“Like you, daddy?”

 

“Nope… he’s better than daddy. He’s more handsome than daddy.”

 

“Like the one in the fairy tale?”

 

“Yes…”

 

“Really? Like a knight in shining armor?

 

“Hahahaha… He doesn’t wear armor. But he’s way way better than a knight…”


“Weiyo?”

 

“He won’t let his Cinderella waits for him as he will always be there. He won’t let his Rapunzel alone stuck in a high tower as he will always be the one to hold her hand. He won’t let his Sleeping Beauty falls into deep slumber as he will always protect her… like an angel.”

 

“And if it is for me?”

 

“Hahaha… if it is for my baby Yul, he will always caress your beautiful long hair. He will coax you when you pout and wipe away your tears when you’re being a crybaby. And above all, he will love you more than you can ever imagine…” And daddy just pinched my cheeks hard to his heart’s content.

 

“Ouchhhhhhh!!”

 

 

And that was 10 years ago. I was 11 at that time. I remembered that I can’t sleep even a wink. And in the middle of the night, I went to dad’s room to seek comfort. Mom wasn’t home because she was on-call. And with a glass of warm milk and cookies, dad lullabied me till I felt asleep.

 

Dad, is he the right guy for me? There are just two names that occupied my mind and heart now. Dong Young Bae. Tae Yang.  Two different names but the same guy. Dad, you know what, he’s the same like you. He’s too sweet to resist. He knows how to coax me when I was angry. Dad, he put a smile on my face. Too many smiles, I tell you!

 

When I said that I don’t want to eat the cupcakes that he baked, he told me to just eat them. He said that even if I eat the cupcakes, they won’t be a waste as the meaning will last forever. Isn’t he sweet, daddy?

 

My gaze went to the dark sky once again. Haish… I must be crazy talking alone like my dad is even here right now. A sigh was let out, chin rested on the knees. Dad… can I… cry? I know that I promise you that I won’t cry when I think of you, but for this one… can it be an exception?

 

Tears began to accumulate, just waiting for the right time to fall. And yeah, knowing myself, I don’t have the strength to hold up the tears from falling. My upper body kept jerking and a light sob filled the silence night.

 

“Sshhh… Don’t cry…”

 

Heart almost skipped a beat. Shock! Scare! Quickly I lifted up my face. It was the middle of the night. Who the heck was trying to comfort me?

 

I was gob smacked. Speechless, loss of words.  My orbs kept their gaze to the guy who was kneeling in front of me.

 

His hands went to my cheeks and wiped away the tears. Slowly. Carefully.

 

“I don’t have any tissue to wipe your tears now. But I promise you, I’ll wipe all of your tears, anytime, anywhere, anyhow for the rest of my life…”

 

“Dong Young Bae…”

 

“Nope, Tae Yang...”

 

Eyes twinkled, mesmerized by his words.

 

“Why are you crying?”

 

And that was went I was brought back into reality. “Nothing, just feel like crying.”

 

Silence.

 

“Why are you here?” I asked with a quivering tone.

 

“Just feel like being here.”

 

Silence.

 

“And I’m glad that I was here to wipe your tears…” Tae Yang smiled.

 

Okay… Corny! I wiped away the leftover tears with the back of my hand.

 

“I’m going inside now…”

 

Tae Yang just nodded. He curved another smile, sending me off me one sure feeling.

 

I leaned back against the door after I made sure I’ve locked it.

 

“Dad, there’s someone who’s finally willing to wipe away my tears. I’m sure it’s him…”<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter